Japanese World Strongest Rearguard – Labyrinth Country and Dungeon Seekers

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by thejadmaster, Apr 19, 2018.

1. sinyy

sinyy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry guys, was busy irl. Next chapter should be out in about a day! Release speed will be once every week for now.
    I still need help with page archiving, and an editor. There are some scenes that I had to guesswork with the machine translations, but my English is academically good so it will be coherent. If I find that I had perceived something different in the later chapters, I will put a footnote.
    Thanks for reading!

Sherrynity and ElefantVerd like this.
  2. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    C'est la vie. Ops.

3. sinyy

sinyy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, looks like someone's picked it up. Quality's better too! Give them a read!

kenar and Sherrynity like this.
  4. thejadmaster

thejadmaster Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is very magnanimous of you, @sinyy.

Thanks again for the translations you have done so far. Whatever happens with this series, I hope you continue translating if doing so has been valuable to you. :)

5. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa, that's quite a rare open-minded attitude.
    Thanks for being a pioneer by translating it. Your works are well appreciated. :blobsalute:

6. sinyy

sinyy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's always nice to read nice isekai series as a consumer haha, although I will pick it up if it gets slow. :D

7. sinyy

sinyy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Necrobump because it's been quite a few months since the next release. I'll be scheduling a chapter about a week to continue the novel <3

ad_chiat and ElefantVerd like this.
  8. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like its been dropped again. WN version i mean.
    In service of the Light Novel at Volume 2 on English release now?
    Volume 3 on the way.

9. SFcipher

SFcipher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody is translating it because it's officially licensed to YenPress.

Sabruness likes this.
  10. rfrfcb3001

rfrfcb3001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup

Sabruness likes this.
  11. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished Volume 3.
    Then I read up the webnovel because i have nothing better to do.
    This is Chapter 100 onwards.
    Free Time.
    After coming back from Arihito's Party and Four Season's expedition from the Sylvanus' Dungeon;
    Arihito meets up with the Alliance's leader, Roland, and his wife Daniella.
    Roland did try to invite Arihito to join them though, but he refuses.
    Arihito warns Roland about Gray, who has been making women seeker cry behind their backs.
    Everyone levels up, and Arihito's trust levels with the Four Season's party becomes pretty good.
    Elitia goes up to level 10, Arihito Level 6, Theresia 6, Cion to 6, Kyouka to 5, Misaki to 5, Melissa to 4, Madoka to 4, Suzuna to 5
    They get 55th place in District 7 with their contribution points. (This allows them to enter all the labyrinths in District 7)
    In order to get past District 7, they need to have 20,000 Contribution points total before a month ends, and also take down a Level 6 Named monster.
    Anyways, Shiori cannot open the Black Box they got from Sylvanus' Messenger, so Arihito asks Louisa to call on Falma, Ceres+Steiner and Likerton.
    They've got a storage here in District 7, Madoka and Melissa are the ones that grab stuff from the previous Storage; which will be the area the latter 3 will be working in.
    They go to Shiori's place to open the Black Box, but unfortunately, it has a trap that teleports them to somewhere called "Treasure Palace", more on that later.
    Luka (The French guy) who gave Arihito more suits, also gives him a Magic Gun, in this case a Light Steel Revolver. It allows Arihito to fire magical bullets, as long as he has Magic Stones equipped. He loads it up with BOUNCE and STUN for now.
    Equipment wise, Theresia recieves the "Blue Flame" Magic stone which lets her use her sword as a conduit into casting Wind+Fire Slashes; and Misaki recieves an Exploding Throwable Card that returns back to her, because she's OP.
    Misaki actually wants to look like a Bunny Girl. .-. (Cuz they keep getting Spidernet clothes)
    DINNER TIME - Arihito's Party, Four Seasons and the Craftsman Party are all here to muncmunch. and chitchat.
    During this time, Arihito finds out Gray has something called "Demon's Call" which lets him attract/summon wild monsters in Labyrinths. This is how the Alliance can farm so many contribution points.
    Gray and Roland gets into an argument about Gray's back dealings, but somehow Gray manages to make Roland understand and they'll meet up tomorrow.
    Skills time.
    Elitia learns Level 3 - Scarlet Dance, which further increases her attack power for each attack when she's in "Red Eye" state, and her defense power decreases.
    She manages to unlock more of the Scarlet Emperor's inherent abilities, so when she goes berserk, she still retains a bit of her sanity. It gets replaced by "Red Eye", which activates when Eritia bleeds.
    Red Eye is something she took before the Sylvanus Messenger stuff.
    Kyouka gets Level 2 - Lightning Rage - Just imagine Thor's random lightning whenever he attacks. It also imbues lightning attribute on your weapon. Level 1 Evade Step, which allows her to continue raising her evasion as long as she's evading attacks.
    Theresia learns Level 2 - Release Trap - and Level 1 Trap Detection.
    Suzuna learns Level 1 Archery Mastery 1 and Level 1 Kiyone (which allows her to use musical instruments as weapons)
    Misaki learns Level 1 Fake Hand - Creates a threathening illusion that cancel's a target's attack.
    Madoka learns Level 1 Cart - She can now equip a cart. and Level 1 Bargain
    Arihito learns Level 1 Cooperation Support - lets 2 or more people combine their skills to create a stronger effect.
    Dungeon Time
    The next day, they went to the District 7's Crab Dungeon. (This is where the alliance farms their contribution points) and they meet up with Serafina and Adeline. Arihito's Party and the 2 guild saviours advance and find Daniella and they talk a bit.
    Since the Crabs are being farmed by the Alliance, Arihito and his party find a trap and activate it.
    They get into a fight with a giant spider (they actually all fall into the pitfall)
    During the fight, Elitia, Cion and Kyouka gets trapped by the spider (when it was pretending to be dead) in webs.
    Serafina comes down the hole to help out, but the spider reveals its true form, an Arachne, and upon closer inspection with Hawk Eyes, its upper human half was a robed, An Arachne Mage.
    They manage to make the Arachne Mage faint with Misaki's and Suzuna's combined attack. And the manage to catch Arachne Mage.
    Adeline makes a joke about shibari play, but gets shut down by Serafina. Pfft. Anyways Adeline restrains the Arachne Mage for transport.
    Anyways, they notice something weird with the Alliance, as they've been using Gray's Demon's Call to summon up undead crabs called "Ghost Scissors"
    And finally, Arihito's crew gets a chill out of their current situation, and a giant Ghost Crab shows up; wanting to take revenge on the Ghost Scissors slaughtered.
    They find Roland is soloing the giant Ghost Crab, while Daniella is held back by a young alliance member. Serafina commands the alliance members to get out of here.
    The named monster is "Ruthless Decapitator", its a giant crab that strikes fear on the terrain. With Kyouka's Swea- Mist of Bravery, they get near enough to see what's going on.
    When Gray saw Elitia coming, he immediately runs away; screaming like a mad person.
    Ruthless Decapitator manages to reap Roland's soul, despite Arihito's support. It then holds Roland's soul and leeches his skills.
    The party tries to deal with the giant crab, but because it becomes immune to either magic or physical attacks (can even reflect physical attacks), and it constantly summons Crab Golems made of sand; it became too difficulty and they had to retreat with Roland's body.
    They attack to slow down the giant crab and manages to get away.
    Serafina says that it'll take 3 days to get the Guild Saviours to fight the giant crab; Arihito begins to think of a strategy to kick the crab down.
    Free Time #2
    They meet up with a White Night Brigade member as they're coming out, and warns Arihito about Elitia's desposition. Her name is Shirone.
    After reporting to Louisa, Arihito notices Elitia getting scouted by Gray, saying he's the leader of the Alliance now.
    This throws off Theresia and Arihito, considering Roland's Wife was still alive and kicking.
    Arihito finally notices that Gray has been using a skill called Trickster, Gentle Perfume (improves impression of the opposite sex), and Negotiation (success rate of negotiation rises)
    Eritia, looks at Arihito a bit, and slams Gray hard. This is because she isn't affected by Gray's tricks, due to Arihito's Trust Levels with her.
    Arihito warns Gray that he shouldn't bother Four Seasons anymore, he also reveals his dealings with the party that was spying on them during the Sylvanus Dungeon. Gray denies this hard, but Arihito presses on.
    The rest of Arihito's Party go off, saying sorry, declining and even sticking out their tongue at Gray. (again Arihito's Trust Levels with the entire party.)
    When threats are flying off, Theresia sneaks behind Gray, giving Gray goosebumps.
    Gray tries to run away but gets surprised by Theresia and falls over.
    Theresia and Arihito meets up with Daniella and warns her about Gray, to not be alone when he tries to talk to her. Also, they recieve a quest from them to save Roland.
    Serafina is given the "Large Shield of Mirror" in Arihito's Party's storage, and is added into the party. Ariande tells Arihito that they can now use her "Guard Variant" (Which requires a total level of 20 for the party)
    Arihito uses up the Guild Saviour Ticket here. (Cuz officially she can't enter the dungeon without sufficient support from Guild Saviours.)

I'll spoil more if anyone wants .-.
    As is, yenpress will take a long time before they drop Volume 4 and 5, eventually 6 when that comes out in Japan.

12. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 4 is coming out in November 17th
    YenPress coming back eh? must be nice.