Discussion Going to another world as an average person

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldManGu, Jun 5, 2020.

1. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What fictional worlds would be the best and worst to be sent to as an average joe. In Naruto world you probably wouldn’t even know ninjutsu and you would only be a chuunin at best if you did. In One Piece world you would be a Lieutenant at best in the marines or a grand line pirate at best. You would never see the new world. In the cultivation world you would only be a generic cultivator who never had a fortunate encounter or incredible skills.

2. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A harem anime world where all the girls are at least 18 and don't look like they are 10.

Arash1, Dat_Karma and OldManGu like this.
  3. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone that requires physical abilities to survive, would kill anyone from our era without cheats.

So it would need to be a world where the civilization is more advance than ours.

Return, OldManGu and cap.toon like this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    world of snusnu, even average joe can snusnu with various degree of snusnu depend on how high da snusnu lvl~
    world of slice of live story or pure comedy~ sure we need to ignore dark side of such world if such thing exist~

put it simple action theme oriented story world is no good unless you wanna improve yourself for whatever reason~
    world of scheming oriented story also no good unless you only wanna become villager A

meh this lazy bum just wanna lazing around~

Return and OldManGu like this.
  5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like... to reincarnate as a Witch Cultist (and hopefully a Sin Archbishop) in Re:Zero. Hey, it's not bad considering you just need to witch-friendly and praise the Witch in front cultists. The initiation sounds easy, and if I fail, I'll die quick before I can register the pain.

Return, Arash1 and OldManGu like this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously any modern Earth or Futuristic Earth settings. You're well used to the common sense of those, and now you have the maturity to start making a living while young instead of waiting until you're an adult~

Modern Day is by far the best time to be living as an average person~

OldManGu likes this.
  7. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    On the other hand, there are plenty of chuuni people all the way to their 30s in our world. And when they finally roll around on the floor asking, "Why did I do that?", it's too late.

The best place to send them is just our parallel world with no magic or whatever, except around the tech level of stone age or something. Sure the locals will be much stronger because they didn't rely on tools or transports, but that was why the Neanderthals were wiped out (with some of them apparently interbred into sapiens). Homo sapiens used tools, a lot of tools, while the neanderthals while they did use tools, didn't use them as effectively as our ancestors. The tools served us well. Yes, one on one, you will be no match for neanderthals, but if you have a bow... it doesn't have to be one on one. You can ask them to talk to your stone arrowheads lodged deep inside their lungs.

OldManGu likes this.
  8. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    If an average person ends up in another world, it should at least be a world with a language that the person knows.

9. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Another worlds? No matter how good that world is. You would drop death right after arrive. There's unseen danger about Law of Physics that's govern another world, especially if their law is different than us.
    Imagine your body disintegrated down to elementary particle level, because there's slightly different law that govern how atomic particle behave. Or slightly different quantum mechanic.

World that has magic in it is the most dangerous ones. Because it's clear that it's law of Physics is entirely different then us. What if magic there could materialize because some elementary particle decomposed into form of whatever energy or particle that fueled magic phenomenon there. And it's so happen that somr particles in our body is ones that decomposed right after we arrive there.

The Idea of travel into other multiverse is interesting, but without enough knowledge of danger of travel there we could possibly wipe out one or two universe entirely.

Well this is my opinions. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

OldManGu and Fulminata like this.
  10. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    A bad world would be something like the world of 'Shingeki no Kyojin' or 'Parasite', an average Joe will most probably not live for long in either of them :blobsweat_2:
    As for a good one, I suppose a generic isekai one would do or maybe something like 'log horizon' world :hmm:

OldManGu likes this.
  11. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    A world where english is universal language. Food is free.

Everything else is upto god-sama to decide.

mangoberry, OldManGu and Dat_Karma like this.
  12. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think you'll ended up dying so fast as your average canon fodder if you go to any of that dangerous world.
    just go to any slice of life world out there, chance are high you'll live as the many unnamed extra with lower chance meeting accidental death(blame your luck if you still died young)

Return and OldManGu like this.
  13. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not the world, but who you are sent to be. Regardless of time and space, if you land as a favorable princess of a King that could rule for many years you have a high chance of just being spoil. Else you need to have doting parents or be a second rich generation. Hahah image waking up one day as the school bully. Oh god, people showing up to fight left and right—and you scheming just to run away. Imagine if there is another Big Bully of the school—wouldn’t you have to find a way to get under his or her wing? It would be a hard time, but I kid going through high school again isn’t as bad as an entire new world. Except if you wake up in a military school as an average Joe—good lucky.

I wouldn’t want to go to Naruto. Ninja always have work meaning there is alway trouble ya know. Ninja aren’t as portrayed in Naruto. Ninja is a political weapon and always has and will be.

One Pieces looks okay until u see, you can and will be raided by pirate at one point. The best thing is to get yourself align with a political or military force.

But I think from all the anime I have watched, I believe Claymore and Gundam movies/series r the most dangerous. Famine, Wars, and strong predators are always big obstacles to us average Joe that would not have the hero halo to magically have heroes coming to our aid or second ML wanting to help on the sideline while ML is madly fighting to dead for us—or a FL doing so.

OldManGu likes this.
  14. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read it, but what about that one where he is the strongest simply by being human? Even an average person would still be the strongest simply by being human.

OldManGu likes this.
  15. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about that JP novel where he blows up the moon by sneezing or something. He got summoned and found out that humans were an ancient race that used to live on that planet. They magically disappeared one day and nobody knows why. A strand of his hair could probably destroy a country as a magic catalyst.

16. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be nice if they had virtual reality and great entertainment like movies, manga, books and stuff.

17. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    Giving birth must be a real bitch in that world. You have to wait 18 years, then squeeze out a full grown person.

OldManGu likes this.
  18. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    A world somewhere in the earlier stages of industrialization. That way modern knowledge might still have some use, and the lives of normal people are quickly starting to improve. Also, with magic for everyone because magic is cool.

OldManGu and Fulminata like this.
  19. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, I never actually read it. Just the description made me turn away... I mean how much more lazy could the author get. But since you asked on where I'd want to be an average person, it would be a place where the average person is the strongest lol

OldManGu likes this.
  20. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You must speak from experience!

OldManGu likes this.