Spoiler Miss not so sidekick

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by earp, Feb 5, 2019.

1. thatcrispyperson

thatcrispyperson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So uhhhh.... That was tough.... Just the way her hand curled was... Scary? I mean Arwin never seemed that scary until now

2. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but that reminds me of Hunger Games :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

Eshild Barder likes this.
  3. X2XO

X2XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually got a bit worried after the webtoon creator skipped the part where Arwin went on a rampage and destroyed the forest and it's beasts and thought he may be trying to tune down the gore and violence since it's been a while since we've seen any of that. But I'm glad that I was just overthinking it. Seeing her gets teared down today was soooo satisfying :>

I guess next we will be getting Arwin's POV and that will probably include the parts they skipped.

4. Sareno

Sareno Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How old is Kenneth and Rondamio?
    Latte -15
    Arvin-21
    Esuale-16
    Arabrok-25
    Bishop-19
    Rosalia -17
    Ibelin-18

5. coinssa

coinssa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't Latte 18?

6. Sareno

Sareno Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first chapters of the manga, it was said that she is 15

7. ashc00

ashc00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl was harmless so Arwin wouldn’t get at her and besides, she didn’t think that things would end up like that (switching her soul with Latte). She was absolutely terrified and confused during the whole arc, and felt sorry for Latte too.

The whole Agmaim’s clan was massacred by Arwin :blobcurse::blob_thor: Yeah, he didn’t want the same incident to repeat again (Arwin was being obsessively overprotective). Agmaim and co had tyrannized other devils for along time, so when the whole clan was wiped out, the weak devils were overjoyed and worshipped Arwin as their God. Later when Aude summoned one of the devil, the devil regarded Aude as the God’s son :blobjoy:

I also have difficulties to understand the text at first. But after combining spoilers from various sources, then finally I could understand the whole story. The info in namu wiki has been updated so we could get more spoiler now than before. The problem is to understand the context. It even so hard to understand by only relying on MTL :sweating_profusely:

Arwin didn’t kill her off but tormented her in a slow yet painful death. He just put her under a hallucination spell where she experienced being thrown in the Death Forest and getting killed by the same beast that would attack Latte. But she will revive again, getting attacked and died then revived again. These actions were repeated in a loop and later she will die due to malnutrition. The Garnet family was put under treason and was wiped out entirely. All of these were done by Arwin. He wanted to remove the Garnet family from the map under Magic Tower’s name. The reason is because the Garnet has trying to f**ck with him (Peridot harmed Latte and she had been using her family’s influence to do so). The subordinates couldn’t agree more, so they gathered all intel to get evidence to punish the family and they were more than shocked to know Peridot had done a lot of terrifying things (blackmail, bribery, manipulation etc). Basically they got terrified by Peridot’s way of villainy. When Arwin obtained all conclusive evidence, the Garnet family was crushed within a day.

She deserves her karma. She had been using people and disposed them like garbages. Although she has less screen time, but I still hate her villainy and she looks damn pale! Like does she lacks blood in her body or what (of course, it’s the author preference and it’s a fact that in the past, the paler you are, the prettier you will be seen).

But this is out of topic. I just happened to think, for example character like Peridot usually is the one that mostly will be isekaied in stories where the theme is a villainess redeemed herself to get away from getting killed by the MLs. Imagined if Hye Jung is transmigrated in Peridot’s body rather than Latte. HOW CHAOTIC IT WOULD BE :blob_catflip:

Latte is 18. I think Rondemio and Kenneth is in their early 20s too, not too much age differences.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  8. Eshild Barder

Eshild Barder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!
    Damn, Arwin is ruthless. We all need an Arwin to take care of us and destroy our enemies.

Shey_04, micchan and ashc00 like this.
  9. ashc00

ashc00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem dear :blobokhand: It’s a privilege to get an Arwin but first, we need to get his interest and leveled up his feeling to be equal like Latte :blobcheeky: ...or else we are the one ended up getting destroyed :notlikeblob::sweating_profusely:

If only I could get access to the novel raws, then I could provide MTL for you guys. I tried to buy from the source mentioned by members here, but I have some restriction that won’t allow me to purchase there :blobsob::blobsob: Basically the spoilers I provided here were based on what I’ve read as a silent stalker reader :blobwhistle:

manvugu, Uncopyright, sankoi and 2 others like this.
  10. MianneChan

MianneChan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It just said that her novels became big/popular when she was 15. She definitely didn't look 5 when she transmigrated. More like 8 or 9 to me.

Jukki and Eshild Barder like this.
  11. Tozarosa

Tozarosa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, for the latest chapter I want to clap my hands praising Arwin who is the best husband for Latte forever. He beat the bitch, Peridot, and cursed her to continue her horror like forever. :blobowoevil_horns:

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, :aww:that's so awesome but I also had a queston as well. How big are his hands that he can grab around Peridot's neck by one hand! Peridot is not small like Latte but she is almost as tall as him and he still grab it almost around so easily. // this is just for fun...I'm not that serious about this question, so no dramatic emotion, okay? //:blobtired: (I know I just mess around. Sorry.)

I'm looking forward to next week for the next chapter. Latte will regain her concious and I wanna see LATTExARWIN fluff fluff time :bloblove:(Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa♡):blobnosebleed: where is my popcornnnnnnn (LOL):blobpopcorn:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  12. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well at least she will die in the end. :blobpensive:

13. Eshild Barder

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait to see the tower scene.

14. coinssa

coinssa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I also had this thought. Are his hands that big or is Peridot's neck that thin? #nerdyofftopquestion

Knowing that it was her hallucination is scary but somehow more humane than imagining her dying and reviving again and again. It seems even magic can't guarantee anybody an eternal life, even in this quasi-state...

Arwin as a demon god? He's just so OVERPOWERED. And Aude too. I say, the first ordinary guy in this line of magic geniuses will have it really hard =_=

Ah, and I remember where Latte's age is stated. The chapter about opening the popcorn business. She thinks at first that it's about her marriage since she's turned 18 and is officially out of age. That's some proof for ya:blob_coffee:

ashc00, Jukki, MianneChan and 2 others like this.
  15. ashc00

ashc00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too! Sometime I think the artist drew Arwin’s finger so long that they looked like monster’s. I’m referring this to the kabedon scene. The scene was so cute but his fingers put me off that I had to think, maybe the perspective was shown at different angle. But in the recent raw, it looked like Peridot’s neck is so thin or Arwin fingers are too long that he can grab her neck like holding a baton.

@coinssa I think all three fish are OP if you checked Latte’s description about them. The most OP in my opinion is Rondemio but because the story is not focusing on him, so we don’t really know how strong he is. There’s a saying, you become much stronger if you have someone to protect. It’s relatable in Arwin’s case. He is already the greatest and strongest magician (the prodigy) in the novel but he becomes more OP once he had Latte that needs to be protected 24/7.

That’s why Latte should be rewarded with World Peace medal because...

this is based on speculation from the readers but somehow, it hold some truth on it.

After 5 years of the story’s end, Ibelin became the beautiful queen but not the empress. Rondemio also lost his affection towards Ibelin like the rest of MLs and he found his life was quite boring. Then one day, while walking in the garden to meet Ibelin, he stumbled across a wild rabbit. The manager wanted to scold the person in charge but Rondemio dismissed it saying it’s not a beast so it’s fine. But the words ‘rabbit’ and ‘beast’ triggered a memory where he remembered a scene of a young lady saying “What a terrifying beast doing here?!” (Referring to chapter 14 webtoon). He vaguely remembered her appearance and personality, but not her name. Then, he resumed walking to the reception room but his face showed boredome instead of love. This is contradictory because when Arwin and Latte got married, he is one of the guests of honor (the tower people were shocked that Latte has such connection LOL). So it was impossible to forget such big existence afterwards.

Therefore, some fans/readers speculated that Arwin might have put a spell on Rondemio to forget Latte because he noticed Rondemio had interest on Latte after he got back to his sense (losing affection towards Ibelin/heroine). In fact, the relationship between Latte and Rondemio is better compared to Kenneth, and Rondemio also thought Latte as someone mysterious and fun. There’s also a possibility that Rondemio has the potential to become the second ML. But it’s great that it doesn’t happened because it might create a big war if Rondemio wanted to pursue Latte too. The thing that Latte had been anticipated but won’t happened in reality :blob_coffee:

This is my impression. Because Arwin is easily got jealous, he tried to remove all Latte’s potential love interests (warning first or die/put on spell) so he could have Latte all by himself. So far, Rondemio and Kenneth didn’t show any developing interest towards Latte, so they were fine but Latte instead got insecure (I mean she thought she got no admirers at all LOL). But the prince from different continent was out of Arwin’s notice, thus he found it disgusting to know other male is interested with his wife and therefore the warning/death threat.

16. Eshild Barder

Reading List:
    Link
    I think is possible. The prince is the only fish that always was nice to Latte, and he impressed her because he knows how to clapback. I can see him falling for her, because after that, what he wanted about Ibelin is that she was different and didn't cared about his beauty (just like Latte)
    Also the princess said she knew Arwin because she accompanied her brother to the tower for royal business, so he may have to go here regularly; it's weird that he never met Latte again.
    Arwin knows who is a danger for him; by other people's spoilers he is ready to stake his claim to Kenneth after Latte and him got together, and even theatrens a prince, but doesn't care about Bishop, the magical boys or Gandalf being near of her. I wouldn't be surprised if he did something about Rondemio too.

17. PechDepi

PechDepi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyaaaa, I really want the manhwa get to the sweet sweet parts.

verraol likes this.
  18. Mira_El

Mira_El Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here it is everyone, part two! Sorry it took me some time to get it out, lots of work and exams this week. I hope you enjoy, and like last time I'm using MTL and my own edits to translate and summarize what happens so it won't be completely accurate but gets the point across I hope :blobsnow:

The story continues with the gang heading on their magic circle expedition, a journey that was supposed to take 2 days but with Arwin’s magic took 3 seconds. Latte is very glad to have Arwin around because she wants to spend more time with him and also wants to stay safe,

It was not only because of the selfishness of the wife who wanted to stick with her handsome husband, but also in honor of the safety of the whole expedition.

So what if, for example, the monsters summoned from the magic circle have had tremendous power ups in the past decade.

It is a fantasy that a Saiyan becomes a Super Saiyan, but there is no law saying that monsters can’t become super monsters through training.

I would like to protect the expedition from that danger! I want someone to know my deep meaning.

“Is it here?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

We arrived at the entrance of a cave. The atmosphere is quite chilly outside from the snow, and quite dark inside. Even though I wore a fur coat, I felt cold and clung to Arwin like instinct. If I do this, Arwin takes care of it and makes me warm with magic. While practicing the right way to use my husband, Arobrock stepped into the cave first.

They head inside the cave and pretty much right away find the magic circle. Latte is surprised that it is painted on the wall rather than the floor and she makes a reference to fearing something like Sadako crawling out a wall mounted TV appearing from it. She is really tempted to trace her finger along the pattern but holds back so Arbrock can continue.

This next section was a bit hard to understand so I’ll do my best to translate. So as Arobrok begins summoning something and Latte cowers back in fear as if watching a thriller, a flash of light shines and a evil spirit appears. Everyone is silent for a second as if they were hallucinating until one of the boys react for everyone in disbelief. So the body Arobrok summoned the first time was not the right one and the gang is very very disappointed,

“This little bitch, return my fantasy!”

They have some pretty high expectations. So they suggest sending that spirit back and trying again, well the boys run away in fear first. Arobrok doesn’t realize that what he summoned was a evil spirit at first but then feels a bit embarrassed when he realizes it. Latte asks if maybe this wasn’t the right circle but Arobrok insists it is. Arobrok says that even if they try again another monster might just appear. With Arobrok feeling dejected Latte starts storming up some ideas,

The face of a depressed grandfather had the power to break the heart of another by just looking at it for some reason.

Then an idea hits Latte, why not try blackmail. She thinks that maybe the monster that appeared would know something about Arobrok’s curse.

After offering a violent and effective solution, I looked up at Arwin with anticipation. Arwin, who had been keeping an eye on me so far made eye contact.

All right, I’ll give you my look of solicitation!

The effect was fast. Arwin stretched out his hand without saying a word.

“And then I discovered the best trick a while ago. If you position like this when you are strong…Yuk!”

As soon as the topic of the conversation changed, the monster who was bantering about something they didn’t want to know flew over and was caught by the neck. An adult woman in height was floating in the air. Arwin said intently, holding the subjects neck,

“What should we do now?”

After Arwin catches the spirit the other boys get interested in what is going on. Latte goes full interrogator on the spirit trying to find out anything on Arobrok’s curse. The spirit says it doesn’t know about the curse but has other spirit friends who know. The spirit suggests creating another summoning circle to summon them, so Latte draws one up and drops blood over it when suddenly they appear. There is a lot of conversation going on in this section that doesn’t make a lot of sense so I’m going to skip over it. Basically they tell Latte what she needs to do,

I just muttered something and pulled a handful of my hair and put it in the fire, and immediately after that, Arobrok’s appearance gradually changed. The gray hair was red, the wrinkled skin was firm and tanned, and the height was half as tall. It was a amazing change. I clapped without knowing.

After that, Kimu spirit had suddenly attacked, looking for opportunities to see if it could get revenge for being hit
    (Latte hit them whenever they started acting the fool earlier on lol), but foolishly targeted me.

I was a alone woman and had the least mana, so it would have been a reasonable judgment. And, as a result, the spirit disappeared from the world
    (I’m assuming Arwin had something to do with this)

The work was finished just like that. The desired purpose was successfully achieved. I went out of the cave that started our expedition, now with the young Arobrok, and suddenly I remembered what I had forgotten.

“I didn’t count the fingers!”

When the monster appeared, I tried to count the number of fingers. Oops.

“Fingers?”

“I was wondering how many fingers there were… … .did you see, it was five right?”

Instead of answering, Arwin wrapped around my shoulders from behind. My eyes widened as I was stuck in his arms. I could hear a whisper in my ear as I became a stone buddha from the unannounced physical affection.

“Shall we go around the continent?”

“Huh?”

“If you look around the continent, there will be quite a lot of magic circles. Earlier, it seemed that the levels of the summons varied depending on the amount of mana in the magic circle.”

“Hmm… …in other words, you’re saying that we can see various monsters?

“Yes. How about it?”

If I answered yes, it was to start right away. I thought hard and laughed, slapping Arwin on the back of his hand. He was joking. It’s not just an empire to go see a monster, but it was a continent!

I only realized a while after.

That there are no jokes in Arwin’s dictionary.

And that is the end of Latte and Gandalf's Expedition chapter! Not too long because it is a side story within a side story book haha. I saw some spoilers going around about the soul switching story, unlike this one it is it's own book so it's super long! But if you guys want and no else is going to I'm happy to provide a similar kind of translation as this one! It will just take a little more time for me to do so. Also thanks everyone for being so kind, seriously what a great fandom :blobtaco:

19. X2XO

X2XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Arobrok is young now huh... didn't think he will succeed. I thought he might turn young for a few moments only to then *POOF!* back to his old self forever.
    I bet he's hot now:blobuwu:

Thanks @Mira_El for sharing. That was entertaining to read. And If you have the time then, yes, would absolutely love to read more:bloblove:

20. Eshild Barder

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much! I am always avid to read spoilers of these two because I am obsessed with them and can't buy the novels from my country, so every spoiler is deeply appreciated.

Th.ay, ashc00 and Mira_El like this.