What would you do if you could do anything?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Nazgand, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Bringing back ALL dead humans since the beginning of humanity?

Nazgand likes this.
  3. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make a rock so heavy it cannot be lifted
    then try to lift it

Nazgand likes this.
  4. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. In the story, humans are unable to be harmed and can teleport, so much of the problems would be solved. Also, a universal language exists.

5. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would not be able to lift it if I had no reason to regret not being able to lift it. If I ever regretted it, I could lift it. See chapter 1 for the definition of "safe mode omnipotence".
    Edit: To be more precise: If at any future time I will regret making such a heavy rock, I would not be able to make the heavy rock in the first place.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the point that he's trying to make is to test out every paradox to ever exist. You can blatantly hack the universe and bug test it.

GonZ555, AncientFang and Nazgand like this.
  7. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, the omnipotence paradox.

As for me, I want to try sleeping for a few epochs, then after I wake up, I'll see how far humans have come without my interference.

naghi32 and Nazgand like this.
  8. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Sleep for a couple of eons i guess...

GonZ555 and Nazgand like this.
  9. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Isolate myself in an inhabited island with a house, internet, security, supplies, nice weather, comfy bed, and a bunch of novel and manga/manhwa

xefielle and Nazgand like this.
  10. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the story, every human is given mental powers and a guide on how to instantly create their personalized best movies possible. The same logic applies to novels and manga.

kuroAnsatsu likes this.
  11. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    whatever I use it for, I will still be lazy and bored.

12. Elzio

Elzio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do nothing

13. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    transmigrate to other worlds/realms or whatever exists
    save a progress on one world and continue another saved progress and vice versa

Nazgand likes this.
  14. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thinking! I plan to use something like that, only every human will be given their own universe in which time is infinitely faster.

15. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to bring up the communications problem, but if you can magic it away, then ok. I didn't ready your chapters yet so I don't know what you mean be being able to teleport.

Anyway, my immediate thoughts regarding the suggestion of a sudden massive population explosion is that there would be major problems.

- Where do you put these billions of new people? Do these resurrected people just materialize at random locations? Even modern day war and disaster refugees have trouble finding some place that would take them in. I can only imagine that every government and even the regular folks are going to be screaming "NOT IN MY BACKYARD!"

- How will shelter, unemployment and welfare costs be handled? The world's economy will probably collapse.

- Then there's also the issue of the existing world's food production is based on current consumption levels. Suddenly having to feed multiple times more people would collapse the system. Food trade would probably stop because each country would be trying to keep what they have to deal with their new populations. There will be anarchy as people begin to starve.

- And would the resurrected people have magic immunity to modern diseases? Will there be a sudden die off as multiple plagues sweep through them?

- Would the population explosion affect the world's climate and air mixture? That is, there are a lot more people breathing, ie converting oxygen to carbon dioxide, along with farting, ie methane gas. In addition, massive areas of jungles and forests will be cleared to build new housing and farm land. There will also be increased need and use of fossil fuels for cooking, heating, and cooling. All of which will speed up the green house effect on the planet.

Nazgand likes this.
  16. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point in the story, all Earthlings no longer need to eat, so food trade is already dead(except for entertainment). As far as disease goes, no humans can be harmed or hurt by anything. People could even live on Mercury if they want, but teleporting anywhere in The Milky Way is an option.
    I was thinking of adding a parallel universe that could be teleported to which would be an infinite habitable plane.
    To fix the economy, I was thinking of giving every human item duplication powers. The items could be saved digitally and copied across the telepathic Internet.
    As for unemployment, I plan to magic away any need for work.
    I hadn't thought of farting but will retcon that Earthlings no longer fart.