Spoiler Why Are You Doing This, Duke?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Mar 3, 2019.

1. CrispyTaco

CrispyTaco New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh okay thanks!!

2. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone be a dear and post spoilers/translations of Ch.67 since it is available at newtoki? So, that I can at least replace the moon runes I can see with the translations some good samaritan will post here. Thanks in advance

3. Folly

Folly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There isn't much dialogue to translate but for words to put next to pictures, here you go.

The cavalry comes to save Erin, they find the carriage but no sign of her. Rowan orders the first squad to go into the forest nearby while the second squad is to search the buildings near the carriage.

Rowan: Please...! Where are you! Erin!
    He sees the light flare up and heads over there. "That's...!"

Bursts in yelling Erin's name. What's her face does the eyaaaa! Omai wa wa mou shindeiru.
    Rowan: NO! Shit! They're too close to each other! No! I'll be too late...
    I have to save Erin!

Erin: ...Ah. Ro--Rowan!!
    Rowan: Erin, stay back!!

Rowan: Shit, My body moved on its own when Erin was in danger. (literally: my body moved first [without thought])
    Rowan: A mistake that's unlike me.

Erin stops time and thinks of how it's like when the magic first appeared. Rowan is able to move and thinks that the pain of his wound also stopped once the light appeared. They say each other's names and hug.

Arrow is shot through the window, wounding Rowan.
    Erin: Kyaa! Rowan! You're hurt (literally: again blood)
    Rowan: I'm okay, it only grazed me...

4. river.wyles

river.wyles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I guess this will be where they died in this timeline right, not sure how many chapters will it take (And I think this will be the end of season 2?). Is the happy timeline happen in a whole new novel volume?

At this point I already love them so much that it's painful to think about how long it would take for them to fall in love again (ugggh, feels like losing your save file). Even though seems like this is the real intention of the author all along (with the last chapter of vol 2 named "Why are you doing this, duke", I have a feeling the second timeline is the real story that author wanted to tell), it still feels like a pain for me. So I think I'll wait for a while until the webtoon is completed, or at least until Erin remembered everything TT_TT

But until then, I really appreciate if you guys can spoil me any detail from small to big, I can not thank you enough *bowing*

1. In the second timeline where does Erin live? How did Rowan find her?
    2. Did they engage since they were young or only until later?
    3. How long (like years, or months) will it take for Erin to fall for Rowan again?

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    SoyUnGirasol and KathyClysm like this.
  5. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero: that stupid prince should still be put to justice! Ahhhh! And I feel sorry for lady Palladine.:blobsob:

6. ashc00

ashc00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought the last volume so I could give you some answers to your questions. Since it was MTL, so there are parts that I couldn’t understand, but I will try my best! :blobReach: Book 3 basically covered Rowan’s pursuit to win Erin’s heart and their marriage life. It’s sooooo sweet that you could turn diabetic. So the happiest timeline mostly in this book.

1. Erin lived with her mother in the second lifetime. After they parted with Rowan, both of them didn’t return to Samed’s house (there’s no need to because in this lifetime, Rowan won’t go for wars like in the previous life). They lived in a small village called Sadada/Sylvein (?) I’m not sure the right translation. After her mother’s death, she lived with her aunt and followed her to various places. Rowan had been searching for Erin but I’m not sure how they met again because it was stated in Book 2 (which I don’t have). I think he proposed her and asked her to follow him to return to Peruka’s Castle saying he had made a promise with her mother to take care of her after she died. (Someone please correct me if I was wrong).

2. They got engaged after they met again 10 years later (after Rowan’s abduction). Rowan didn’t want to rush their wedding and set the engagement for a year because he wanted to court Erin properly so they will experience romance normally. Although part of it is because he hoped Erin will regain her past memories but he was also a little bit hesitant if Erin remembered the time when she was about to be killed by him.

3. It took quite some time for Erin to fall in love with Rowan but not that long. It was within their engagement period maybe around a season? Because after they confessed their love, Rowan cut the engagement period from a year to three months to hold the wedding.

I hope these will answer everything. It’s a bit lacking and I may missed some points, so do please forgive me :blobpats:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  7. Chinoci

Chinoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry::cry::cry: so the latest sweet moment will lead to this tragedy soon, i can't handle this, curse the crown prince!!!

8. ashc00

ashc00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Chinoci Yeah, this scene was so intense, I wished the crown prince dead! But in the second life time, they have so much sweet moments that you can turn diabetic.

Besides, Erin is much more competent compared to the first life. She is still not the bright Erin but she does have better qualities than before.

ariane09, lil bling and Chinoci like this.
  9. Chinoci

Chinoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it's unique to have a second life in a half storyline plot, i didnt expect this, for now i'll skip the murdered part and waiting for the second life season soon :blobsneeze:

ariane09, lil bling and ashc00 like this.
  10. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks to the alert I got from this post, I got reminded of this series and went to check if there are still free raws (cuz I'm dumb and I'm not sure if being licensed stopped the update in some way. At least the adaptation translation stopped but I didn't expect the raws to continue)

Oh man, I was preparing myself for the tragedy from the coming updates (I haven't seen this since chapter 67) so I was pleasantly surprised with the fluff knowing again, this WILL end terribly.

In any case, can someone be a dear and summarize/do dialogue translations for the raws (since again, the previous adaptation stopped due to licensing), I could at least half enjoy the raws just knowing what's happening (minus the smug CPs appearances)

And another thing, while I get the need for the second lifetime, and nearly everyone gets their happy end, it still honestly pains me knowing the first timeline exists. Like, what about the people left behind since Erin and Rowan died? Did crazy/greedy CP just kill the entire household or leave them alone once he got the port?

Chinoci likes this.
  11. ashc00

ashc00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hypothon It’s really painful to be honest when reading the part where they were murdered by the crown prince’s plot. I really wished the empire collapses after Rowan died. Sadly, there are no continuation after Rowan died because the story continues to when Rowan comes back as a kid (he got kidnapped and sold to circus in Parvin).

After Rowan managed to save Erin, they both were attacked by CP’s subordinates. CP was there too to look at Rowan’s end. Rowan was the last one standing from Peruka’s household. He lost his will to live because Erin died protecting him. Before that, Rowan’s castle was invaded to capture Erin when Rowan left to attack the crown prince ally (I think it was CP fiance’s household). The castle was burned and I think most of people there died if not escaped. Rowan’s aides and subordinates were killed too when they went to save Erin. Even Regil and Mary died. So, no one survived from Peruka’s.

@Chinoci The manhwa is entering climax now. It’s about to get angst when Rowan starts the plot to attack CP. The title of new chapter when Rowan was reborn is “Why are you doing this, duke?”. It sounds funny but relatable because in this life, Erin got confused with Rowan’s act and treatment towards her. He is soooo nice to her but a tyrant to others and already treating her like his lover, like keeps asking her to marry him and not leaving him. I really hope the tragedy part ends sooner. I can’t bear the heart breaks when the chapters come.

12. chax412

chax412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 72 of the raws just came out ! summary :
    So : Erin and Rowan are eating and Rowan tells Erin that from now on he doesn't want her to go out of the Duke's castle. She agrees, thinking that she doesn't really wanna go out anyway. Then we see a flashback scene where a man I can't remember (probably Rowan's aide?) tells Erin that they're preparing a rebellion at the Imperial Palace. He explains that Rowan aka Duke Peruka is a threat to the crown prince. Back to eating together. Erin is worried. Then Rowan tells her that it's unreasonable to go outside the castle, but that they can spend time together within the castle. So they go horse riding together and Erin's fascinated by Autumn orange laves haha. (next part sounds a little incoherent...) After that Rowan says something like 'seems like it was yesterday when we had to hide in the carriage at the market' then he mentions the fact that when he saw something hairy and thought at first it was a beast hiding haha. Erin, shocked, is like 'umm this hairy thing ur talking abt, it was your wife ou know !' and he answers : 'I mean, it was cute' (uwuwuwu). After that he says he says something like 'didn't we have an intense meeting likely to Romance novels ?' then 'would you mind going backward ?' which Erin replies that their 1st meeting was noooot that romantic. Rowan says it was cute lol. After that they hold each other's hands and, up on a hill, watch the town of the duchy. Rowan says 'I grew up listening to people telling me that one day this would all be mine' which Erin replies 'It must've felt like owning the world'. He says 'I just thought it was annoying' (little flashback to cute little Rowan) and Erin says 'Despite everything, you protected this land'. And he's all like "at what cost ?" Then they talk (but I don't really understand what they say) and Rowan's like 'I don't want you to go through something like that + I'll protect you whatever the cost'... (more fluffy parts coming) he continues, hugging her : 'I decided you're someone I want to protect and I do not need another reason'. Erin then almost starts crying saying she's afraid she'll be a burden to him, which he replies that guarding her is the most important thing, even above guarding himself. He goes on saying all he needs is to have her by his side. Erin then asks "... Do you want me intact ?" which OFC he replies that yes, now and always. She's beaming, saying 'I LOVE YOU, ROWAN' which leads to them kissing under the autumnal trees. Very fluffy, very romantic. I love theeem.

13. Hellionstark

Hellionstark Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I'm a newbie here! Can I ask where can I find the discord for announcements?? Thank you for the help!

14. chax412

chax412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anybody know if this Manhwa's going on hiatus ?

15. Iqies

Iqies [E U N O I A]

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter already available on newtoki

16. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did erin remember her past life?

17. Iqies

Iqies [E U N O I A]

Reading List:
    Link
    She is not. But she gain her memory slowly while she met him.

Deleted member 265239 likes this.
  18. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does the manhwa near this part?

19. Iqies

Iqies [E U N O I A]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe.. Because the last chapter of the manhwa now they're starting the war with the crown prince.

20. citrusyuzu

citrusyuzu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    on the patreon scanlated ones it didn't seem super smutty :c it was more like one line....is it actually more similar to Lucia levels??