Spoiler Counterattack of the Cannon Fodder Chambermaid

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by eagerreadergirl, May 25, 2020.

1. eagerreadergirl

eagerreadergirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have any spoilers for this series? I'm really enjoying it so far but am desperate to know who the Male Lead is, learn about whether and how our Female Lead gets out of her dangerous situation, and want to know about any happy ending!

Counterattack of the Cannon Fodder Chambermaid on Novel Updates.

Does anyone also have links to the raw version of this story so that I can MTL it? Thanks ahead of time!

2. Food food

Food food Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc starts from bottom than later becomes empress...mc and ml have twins a girl a boy and second son later on
    ML only have relationship with MC
    MC and ML both reincarnated
    Story is light hearted little court drama at the end...overall good read

3. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the information!

Do you mind telling me more, such as who is the Male Lead? Also, how do they meet, why is he attracted to her, and how the heck she becomes an empress from once being a slave/sweeper girl?

Thanks ahead of time!

4. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so I started reading the MTL of this story and here are some spoilers I think I got:

1. After two of the senior maids sleep with the 4th Young Master of the original estate, poor Xiao Hua (the MC) ends up being sold along with them once again. After a couple of chapters of suffering, she ends up at the estate of a prince (the 5th prince, Jing Wang).

2. The 5th prince, Jing Wang, is a very strange character. He has a tragic past, where his mother (a fairly low person in the imperial totem poll) basically hid him away from everyone until he was 6 years old because she was terrified that a war between the Empress and the most favored concubine would end up killing him. He basically grew up almost alone in that dark room, never learning to talk or being exposed to language, until he was finally discovered at the age of 6. Because of that, he rarely ever speaks and is known as the "dumb/silent prince."

3. The 5th prince is very handsome and has a princess-wife, as well as several concubines. However, he rarely talks to them even when he does visit them and it doesn't seem as though he sleeps with them (possibly ever). He's basically in his early-to-mid twenties and yet, has no children.

4. The 5th prince is also a reincarnator, just like Xiao Hua. He was killed before in part by his wife (which is why he basically hates his wife) and by his uncle (who took over as emperor after killing the prince's father), even though he did his best to stay quiet and out of the spotlight. Still, even though the 5th prince went so far as to become a Buddhist monk in order to not get killed... he was killed anyway. So in this life, it looks like he's trying to be more proactive in staving off danger... including by taking martial arts lessons.

5. Even now, the 5th prince has no children... although in his last life, he has 1 son and 2 daughters (who presumably were killed when he was killed). So he's understandably not interested in having more kids. And he's got a bad relationship his wife, who was upset to marry him (as he was known as the "dumb prince" with mental issues) and who humiliated him on their wedding night by calling him nasty names to his face. Plus, she basically helped to get him killed in his last life, which doesn't exactly endear her to him either. So he's now also seen as barren, which freaks all of his aides out.

6. Out of desperation, his aides have tried to find pretty maids that might turn his head and so, ended up assigning Xiao Hua (a well as several other maids) to serve him. Eventually all end up either making stupid mistakes, get caught sabotaging each other, or make seduction attempts that don't work out... until only Xiao Hua is left. She ends up revealing that she has amazing masseuse skills (a carry-over from her last life) and basically ends up massage the prince several times, which he likes.

Will give more spoilers as I keep reading...

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  5. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, the very first romantic encounter between the 5th prince (ML) and Xiao Hua (FMC) comes about all the way in chapter 34. After a few times massaging the ML and deciding he's probably some kind of eunuch (or at least sexless guy), Xiao Hua has started thinking of him as pretty harmless, so she starts to give him more relaxed massages that cover more areas of his body. Unexpectedly, the ML ends up feeling so aroused that he ends up getting erections and even having nocturnal emissions.

He ends up confused by this, as his past life experiences made him understandably more concerned about staying alive than about having sex with the women in his backyard. (Plus, he doesn't want to have children when he's pretty sure they would end up doomed if he's not strong enough to survive the coming purge). He decides maybe it has something to do with Xiao Hua's hands and ends up inspecting them during a regular tea time, which freaks the hell out of the poor girl. However, after looking at them and seeing them as rather ordinary, he decides he must be only at fault for the wet dreams and shrugs the matter off.

So our first romantic (kinda) interaction, ladies and gentlemen!

6. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    A few chapters after that, Xiao Hua realizes that thanks to a special new diet (secretly ordered by 5th princes chief aide (Fushun), who wants to see her grow "milky" and have bigger breasts in order to attract the 5th prince), she's starting to (literally) burst out of her clothes! That leads to a pretty hilarious episode where she accidentally busts a seam in her blouse while she's massaging the 5th prince. (It's his fault, as he basically "stirs" while she's massaging him, surprising her and knocking her over). A little bit of comedy in the midst of a rather somber drama!

A few days later, she falls sick and none of her @sshole female room-mates (who are pissed that she's the only maid still assigned to the 5th prince) will help her. Eventually, 5th prince's chief aide (Fushun) realizes she's sick and sends a diligent palace maid to help her with medicine. 5th prince realizes she's gone, actually asks about her, and makes Fushun very happy with the realization that 5th prince at least worries about her. He asks Xia Hua to come back to serving the 5th prince as a maid. She seems to worry that she'll be seen as negligent if she does so she goes to tend to the 5th prince again, even though she's still a bit sick.

She tends to the 5th prince, who actually sneaks a few looks at her. However, she gets sick again and then ends up in bed feverish. The doctor is actually called for her because she's so sick... and it turns out that she's not just regularly sick but has been POISONED. And it looks as though a jealous palace maid named Xiuyun (who has a sister on the outside helping her to try and climb the 5th prince's bed) seems to have done it!

This is eventually discovered and Xiuyun ends up being ejected out of the palace. And after an investigation, it seems like both she and her sister Ruer (who was helping her) ended up being executed due to Fushun's (5th prince's eunuch servant) order for the crime of poisoning someone in the 5th Prince's household.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  7. Lilly1234

Lilly1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this last year through mtl because it was recommended by one of translator that I follow and I enjoyed it very much. I loved both ML and FL.
    I’m glad it is being translated and I will read it again once it is completed.

8. EzadKiel_loveblue56

EzadKiel_loveblue56 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to clarify that is not his uncle, but instead its his second brother Jin King who is one of the son of the favored Xu Gufei ( the one that is fighting with the empress )… He basically kill all the his brothers aside of Qin King who is his full blood brother… and I think he rebel to take the throne

9. SerenaLove016

SerenaLove016 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only MTL half-way through but I found the character of Eunuch Fushun is hilarious.

He and other older servants in the palace are the one who is regularly sending palace girls to Jing Wang because they are worried for the heir-less ML. ML kinda tolerates it because he remembers that Fushun is very loyal until the very end in his previous life, and he finds his life really boring. So eliminating Fushun's palace ladies one-by-one like American Idol is his only "entertainment".

Even though Fushun is quite ruthless (see executing palace maids above, and he also admitted that he considers MC as only a "tool" or "plaything" to make his master happy), but his nosiness of his master's business is unbelievable. Not only he was giving his master girls, but when ML starts sleeping with MC, he gets one of the little eunuch to eavesdropped outside and report to him on every detail. When the report is unsatisfactory, the next time he actually stayed outside to "oversee the battlefield". Then he finds that ML is quite lacking in that area. So the next time ML was in the study with MC, and ML asked him to get another book, Fushun gave him a yellow book instead and made ML almost dropped his tea.

10. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    Because many and many things between two people have become a kind of indelible engraved in the bone.

Unless the skin is peeled, the bones are dismantled, the bones are smashed, and the memory is destroyed ... I do n’t care when I first saw it, but I made my own heart and mind afterwards, put the first heartbeat, and put her on his chest The tears shed for the first time, the joy of her first pregnancy, the thought of hiding her, and the little things after the birth of the two children, until all the things that happened in East Yulin Lane ... all this all Erase all ...

Otherwise, how could it change? After all, you are you, not the other.

It's not appearance, not personality, but there are many bits and pieces between us, with unreproducible, common and beautiful memories.

11. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    Its MC who almost drop the tea :ROFLMAO:… Fushun ask MC to serve tea after giving the book to ML and he also immediately vanished :blobninja:… so when MC serve the tea and saw what the honorable Prince ML is reading :unsure::eek::blob_coughblood:… and the finishing move is when ML expressionlessly said "Let's try this position"… :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

geckin, -NEAR-, Emma401 and 6 others like this.
  12. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't still believe that our oh so serious ML will do this :ROFLMAO:

In view of the fact that Xiaohua rarely showed inferiority in front of Jingdi last time, Jingdi didn't say anything at the time, and in her spare time, she would always instill some ideas in Xiaohua.

For example, you see that you are now a concubine, but the concubine is a super-premium, and there are more salaries every year than prime ministers. For example, the crown prince is raised by you, and the crown prince will inherit my throne in the future, and then you will be the queen mother, and the queen concubine has n’t become a queen for so long, you can easily become a queen queen. Also for example, I have spoiled you so far, and there is no one else, you can be proud of the heroes alone ...

When Emperor Jing said these words, his attitude was very serious, his expression was very serious, and Xiaohua listened very seriously, but his expression was somewhat distorted. In fact, Emperor Jing used a very serious face and tone, and spoke up to her to popularize this concept, which really gave Xiaohua a very strange feeling.

13. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there any face slapping for the villains
    Any love rivals

14. SerenaLove016

SerenaLove016 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are MC's roommates who got minor face-slapping because they were being eliminated. The love rivals are mostly the prince's official wife and 3 concubines who clearly unhappy that MC is favored but they barely got any visits. All the concubines were given to him by other people.

As the prince's official wife, as usual, all the concubines have to pay respect to her every morning. She tries to put abortion/infertility drug to MC so she won't have a child before her. First, she put it in tea, but MC made an excuse of she was a poor slave and never had tea, so if she drinks tea she can't sleep (it's a lie), then the next day she put it in soymilk and MC said she overeat last night and can't eat anymore. Then excuse and more excuse for various things. Then she made a banquet during dinner time so MC has no excuse and have to eat something. So MC intentionally provoke one of the lower rank concubines to attack her and overthrow her food. Aawww too bad, right? Then she request to be "punished" for her mistake by locking herself inside her room for a month. I haven't read further than this, so maybe there would be more face-slapping afterward.

15. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How will the ml deal with his wife
    Did he know that she tried to do that to mc

16. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a lot spoilers here so :blobpeek:

So they have 4 children
    1) Lou Han- or Haner sometimes its translated as Yun(?)/Chao/Lou. He is the first born of the twins. He became the crown prince, it said that he looks like the ML and act like ML the most (quiet, mature and close to MC), he also good both in scholarly studies and martial arts and also like ML he had a dragon and phoenix twins. For his first assignment(job) as Crown Prince when he was 16 or 17, he take home a girl (a daughter from a small official and offered to serve him) she's 14(?). ( I feel like if ML grew up in the same environment like him they will act almost the same, he just speaks a bit more than ML, but played and act like his age sometimes)
    2) Lou Yi- or Yiyi the twin sister of Haner and I think is the only daughter. She became Grand Princess or Big Princess. So she take after MC especially the eyes that always defeat the ML. She is loved by everyone [this I feel like this time if MC born with some status, MC will be like her (free, innocent, expressive and protected from schemes)]. She married one of their childhood friends who is one year older than them Yang Nou (their are two brothers, both like the princess, but the princess love the older one and younger one realize his feelings late) . ML spoils her so much that he got jealous to all of his children aside from her (I think), He also got jealous to his grandchildren who takes MC attention from him.
    3) Lou Yu- or Yuer. I think he is 3 years younger than Haner and Yiyi. He focused more on martial arts. It said that his child can already ran after ML and MC came back from their walk(ML's words, but its travel:ROFLMAO:).
    4) Lou Qi- or Qier. It said that he was 4 months old when Haner and Yiyi is 8 and Yuer is less than 5 and that's it.

Edit:
    -Yang Nou is son of Lin Qingwan(I don't remember her, but I think she's in early chapter before 20 so I will read it again later). And Lin Qingwan is sister of one of ML's general or commander (I don't understand from MTL)
    - MC is pregnant with Yuer when ML became crown prince, so ML rush her ceremony and don't let her kneel down in the ceremony of entering the palace and taking the title Gufei which I think and understand is big deal. She gave birth few months later right after empress ceremony of ML's first wife (she thinks MC intentionally did it), so MC can't come the day after when concubines and consort need to visit the empress the next day.
    - While in Qier case. MC pregnant with him when the empress died, but I don't know if they did the empress ceremony before or after she gave birth.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  17. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for all the spoilers, everyone! I didn't read as far as you because MTL starts hurting my brain, hahaha, so it's great to see far into the future?

Does anyone know what happens to the Princess Consort who keeps trying to kill poor Xiao Hua? She's also the one who helped to kill Prince Jing in the last life, right? I hope he trims that tree-branch right quick... why leave this poisonous viper around a second more than he has to?!

Elv and morticia_addams like this.
  18. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Because she was the distant family of the current queen, the family decided to support her, so ML cannot easily get rid of her. She become the empress but live a very desolate life, in the end, after some years, she contracted Tb and died alone.
    And then MC finally became Empress.

19. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    Fun(?) Fact:
    Its MC who cause her to have TB or rather who worsen her TB.

so the empress and former empress (turn into imperial consort dowager) scheme to have princess Yiyi fall into water, this is before they know she have TB.
    That make MC so mad, that she visited her everyday while subtly slapping on her face that she have children while empress have not and ML love and spoil her so much, while she the empress is ignored and hated. The b**** is so angry that after a few days she can't help or hide her vomiting blood, and MC is like to other concubine " you take care of this, and you should take a bath and burn your clothes after coming back, cause its similar to a disease that I saw before and its bad and contagious and call a doctor (something like that)". After that they found out that the empress have TB, while in MC's thought it said that she write a letter with the former doctor in prince Jing palace(?) and he tell her that empress will have TB if she doesn't calm her emotions and be emotional.
    Though she live longer than expected just to pissed off ML for not being able to turn MC into empress immediately, but I think what really push the button when MC got pregnant to their fourth child Qier and whe she ask to talk to ML(to disgust him and for him to at least never forget her) which ML leave in the middle without her noticing immediately.

20. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Master does the ML and MC ever share about their secret rebirth? Can this servant beg for Master's generosity for sweet /fluffy moments between ML and MC :blobReach::blobReach: