LCD The Cave King Will Live a Paradise Life -Becoming the Strongest With the Mining Skill?-

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jawbrie, May 28, 2020.

1. jawbrie

jawbrie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...becoming-the-strongest-with-the-mining-skill/
    Description
    Heal, the prince of the kingdom of Sanfaris was born with the unfortunate crest of ‘Cave King.’

Because of this crest, he was relegated to being lord of a remote island by his father the king.

Of course, there were no people there, and no trees or plants. It was an island with just a single cave.

However, the moment that Heal picked up the pickaxe inside of the cave, the ‘Cave King’ crest was activated. Its effect was specializing in mining, allowing you to efficiently mine all kinds of ore.

Among the ore that could be mined on the island, there was ore that increased your magic and even ore that extended your lifespan…

Heal would become so engrossed in mining, that he would eventually create the strongest country.

Sherrynity, FreakyDude and Wujigege like this.
  2. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    She was a goblin.
    The premise was good, but the story become repetitive later on. Though if you like Slice of Life, then it shouldn't be a bother anyway.:blobuwu:

FreakyDude and jawbrie like this.
  3. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the first chapter, if they know the name of the crest and that is has king in its name I do not see how they never bothered testing him activities related to caves to see if anything activated and what his crest could do. Mining should be the first activity that they tested him on, not sending him off to starve to death. The manga ch 1 that was translated seems to indicate that this was fixed there (and likely the LN) by having them not know its name.

His family are still huge jerks and deserve a karmic smack down.
    What about the dog?

Toralk likes this.
  4. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a Kobold royalty that was stranded into his island. He's raising him as his foster parent along with that evolved-goblin woman in the picture.

The slime is a spare body of an ancient empress that once rule over the region around the island before they were wiped out about a thousand years ago by massive meteor. Her real body is in the ruin under that island.
    Yes, it's a woman. I swear this novel gonna be a harem, isn't it…

5. jawbrie

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter is up.

6. jawbrie

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter is up. It was a lot longer than I would have liked...

7. jawbrie

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapters are getting longer... It was also kind of funny how annoyed people are getting over nothing.

8. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just finished chapter 1 and I was thinking about motivations. I can an understand the other brothers? but the father sending him out like this? Is it possible that the supposed divine revelation is real and the father needed a way to get his son away from his more ruthless and greedy brothers? I assume it's better for the sisters as there would be no threat to their lives from their brothers as they would just be married off to others. but if you think about it, you have all these children and one is uniquely weaker than the others? in a situation where the rest of the boys are described as greedy and whatnot? my guess is the dad is actually trying to protect him. wonder what happened to his mom though.

9. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    If pops wanted to protect him, there are much better ways then banishment to a desolate island where his only hope of surviving is to be picked up by foreign merchants, or slavers.

The oracle might be real, but more likely is a fake and they were getting rid of the embarrassment of a son.

The king likely never bonded with him, and only raised the MC as an obligation to not lose face. Not every father is a good father and some only care about results.

gary0044187 likes this.
  10. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    gotten a bit further in, wonder if his father's kingdom is gonna get rekt by those orcs?

11. ImNormies

ImNormies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this one have a raw??

12. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Google the Japanese name, raw is normally on the first page, for me it is the 1st result.

13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't get over the protagonist's name.
    Is it really. "Heal"?
    Maybe the author meant Heath.

@ToastedRossi

14. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga translators have been using Hiel. But the manga translators who (delibratly) miss-translate or change names is not 0
    Chrome's MTL is consistent with Heal though. including the manga's web page and amazon's listing for the LN.

15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    It is annoying, this is why I don't read Japanese novels
    Even some Chinese novels use feminine names for male characters
    Eg Samantha for a dude

16. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    I think in this occasion it was deliberate though. In the manga there is even a line of "My son Hiel... you must heal this land." I feel like this was on purpose, especially if the name was meant to be Heal.

Wujigege likes this.
  17. ImNormies

ImNormies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nope i only get the facking manga

18. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you searching using the name in Roman characters or Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji?

If you want to find the raws, you need to use the character sets the site you are searching for uses, not your own.

19. jawbrie

Reading List:
    Link
    You would mostly see "ヒール" in Japan used when they mean 'heel' as in villain. And then of course gamers would see it as 'heal.'
    Hiel is what? German for heel? Given the plot, 'heal' seemed like it was the most appropriate. But you never know with some authors...

20. unclebebby

unclebebby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna make posters that just say "who is Mappa?"