Resolved Two different series...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Galgano, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Galgano

Galgano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One is a reincarnation novel where the main character is the weakest of the shitenou(or the bad guy equivalent because...you know...ten ain’t all that evil sounding) of the demon king. He gets killed off (I think) by the hero (the hero had a group of companions with them and is female) that was coming to kill the demon king. Something happens and he reincarnates back in time as the childhood friend of the hero. Since he is now a human and he doesn’t want the demon king to win and kill him, he decides to train the hero so that she is more powerful than when she attacked the demon king in the last incarnation and can definitively win. Main character keeps all his memories and while he was a part of the four kings and because he was a schemer, he researched about the hero and knew that the humans were basically treating her like shit and propping her up so that she could do all this stuff for them. There weren’t a lot of chapters out when I started reading it way back when, but the main character and hero enter a dungeon not too long after the start of the novel.

The other novel is a wuxia novel. In the prologue, some lady wielding a sentient orb (or something) that is supremely powerful and contains all of the knowledge and memories of the supreme beings that used it in the past gets cornered by some people seeking the device. Rather than let them take it, she has the device take her soul in return for annihilating everyone chasing her. It does so then...I can’t remember how, but Main Character ends up in possession of the device. The main character is some weak guy that is poor and thus can’t afford to cultivate all that well. Most of his money goes towards buying medicine because of how badly the physical training damages his body. When he gains the device, some blood (that I think was used in a sigil or something on his body. I don’t really remember. The point is that the orb/device/thing uses blood as a currency to let someone partake in the skills and knowledge it has collected over the millennia) gets consumed and he happens to take a memory fragment that is weak enough that he doesn’t die from it and he learns how to create sigils that can be placed on things to increase their effectiveness. He uses that knowledge to draw a sigil that he places on himself (if I recall correctly) that allows him to train more efficiently. He eventually gets accepted into the local school in the city he lives in. His use of the orb allows him to learn how to use a skill that no one else in the school can comprehend (because the tablet that teaches the technique is so damaged nothing can be learned from the tablet unless you had an entirely different frame of reference that couldn’t be obtained in the area) to basically vibrate objects on a microscopic level to break them apart. He eventually becomes the most powerful student at the school and gets accepted into the school/sect of the power tier above his current tier. This second novel is one of the first wuxia novels I remember reading and it used the standard terminology for certain realms of cultivation (houtian realm followed by xantian realm). I read somewhere that the novel ends with him having 4 wives. Oh, and his ultimate goal for cultivation was to achieve immortality. True immortality, not just “live for a billion years”. Oh, he had a childhood sweetheart that betrays him or something. Also one of the first methods he uses to train after getting the device is to work as a butcher at a fancy restaurant/pavilion where he cuts monster meat (which as we all know is a thousand times tougher to cut through than regular animals) using the reverse edge of the cleaver (in other words, the thick part that isn’t sharp and you can push down on for extra force). He does this to train his strength. Oh and he uses a spear as his weapon of choice if I remember right.

I was going to ask for a third novel but I remember it because it has its own wiki: Death Mage doesn’t want to fourth time (or something like that)

2. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel extra for the first one
    Lurk :blobspearpeek:for 2nd novel

3. Olbid

Olbid Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first one i don't know , The Second is Martial World.

shadowreader likes this.
  4. Jommram

Jommram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did you come to the conclusion of “The Novels Extra” for the first one when it’s clearly “I Reincarnated For Nothing

Second is Martial World.

TXHY and rhianirory like this.
  6. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Second one is Martial World. Its a cube I believe not an orb . Not sure about the first though.

7. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
  8. donny

donny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Galgano

Galgano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great! Thanks!