Discussion Second Wave Corona

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lygarx, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't compare Covid-19 to the Spanish flue in the context of severity and waves.

The external factors that caused the second wave back then, can't be compared to today. The virus had mutated by the time the second wave hit. Covid-19 hasn't, and most likely won't. In addition, because WW1 ended the virus spread like the fking plague and had its severity increased.

2. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    The market prices undergo fluctuations, so it's difficult to tell when to sell. A rule of thumb would be if prices fall twice in a row, or it falls by a certain margin in a short time. But of course, if prices fall so much that you would make a terrible loss when selling, I suggest holding on. If the losses are slight and looks like prices will fall further, sell immediately, and buy back after prices have fallen more.

Also, corona hasn't weakened, it has become more asymptomatic. Anyone who has played Plague Inc , will know that it is the calm before a deadly storm.

mangoberry, tekinwillie and Fran.2424 like this.
  3. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, you can wait for trump re-election when many intellectuals flee the country... like it went with Germany and WW2.

Not because I, or most others(?), wants that, but because the worse and more ridiculous something is, the more likely it'll be.

Especially with US politics, it seems.

Glad I'm not from USA.

4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Just so we are clear, I liked your post because I am interested in your original fiction(which sadly has been rewritten), it has nothing to do with your post
    [​IMG]

5. Fryz

Fryz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In addition, there are some sectors resistant to pandemic, such as tech sector (Amazon, Zoom, Facebook, etc), energy, consumer goods etc. If you hold stocks from these sectors, keep holding it.

I also think our economic system, medical system, and business environment already learned a lot from the first wave. They won't go into panic like the first wave.

I am optimistic everything will turn out OK. Unless some idiotic things happens like escalation of US protest to civil war, Taiwan invasion, etc, but that's almost impossible.

6. Aethalis

Aethalis 【High Templar】【Professional Lurker】【Atheist】

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. I also work at a supermarket, and no one seems to care about social distancing. People don't really take it seriously in Australia :/

I know someone who works at a hospital, and they're only allowed to wear masks in areas where there are confirmed cases.

Yep. Two million people infected in the USA alone, about 28% of all recorded cases worldwide.

7. Novela

Novela Immortal Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    In our country gyms opening in August and only like 800 cases left

8. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I am rather waiting for the eventual storm/ solar flare to strike.

mangoberry and Fran.2424 like this.
  9. wiper1122

wiper1122 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I am lucky that I live in New Zealand. No restrictions currently except at the border. 0 cases as well.

10. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Kzhckz.

Kzhckz. [Sad] [Angry] [Happy]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's great, 2nd wave of corona when here, in my country we were just almost be free from our lockdown.

Well, i hope those rich bastards dead with us plebians too.

And i hope Covid 19 mutate to be a new Corona.

12. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Relax it seems like the antibodies that reacts to the virus is interchangeable with the other more common coronavirus and most people probably has already basic immunity against them. And it seems definite positive treatment using nicotine patches and well... Smoking habits would dramatically reduce fatality chances to those that are sick from it.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  13. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm we are at solar minimum apparently.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  14. Kzhckz.

Kzhckz. [Sad] [Angry] [Happy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that, China might be able to overcome it literally in several years, 10 at most.

3rd world country like mine might experiencing financial crash or worse riot all over when currency is not matter much... Well, still thankful our ministry do a good job keeping our country in the brink of it's collapse...

15. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately non reconcilable measure both side shown during the protest would guarantee it to only get worse on the run up to election.
    On one side you got ridiculous idea that want to abolish Police Department and a push to label far left hardliners to be terrorist so they can use military repression against them on another side.

16. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wa ain’t as powerful and developed as we claim

17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    on Indonesia it kinda mix~
    put it simple each region(if we see it from island or province level) have different state so some place nvm second wave it not even finish firts period yet ya know~ while other place been under control since hmm mid may ~

geographically, as archipelagic country (country consist of islands on it territory make it an archipelago) there natural barrier for people move between island~ as long as strict border enforced kinda easy contain virus per island scale~ da problem lie on
    this cat country is big.... really big one you know~ imagine strecth point from london to istanbul (5400 km perhaps? wut imperial unit? convert it yourself)~ more than 800 island inhabited (good luck to try manage it) each region have different cat characteristic, local economy power, medical readiness? hmm different equipment and health worker numbers and skill~ this cat country also only starting to produce our own test kit ty south korea and japan for da cooperation? to test hmm hundreds of million cat perhaps? keep buying from foreign country is hassle~ we have no moneh~
    dunno if china help or not oh wait agreement to sharing data for vaccine development along with Japan and some country on Europe forget it norway or uk or Germany? it was on tv~

lets move to most troublesome aspect.. tuturu~ politic... you see despite this cat country is not country on states such as USA according to constitution, thanks to otonomy law; province, regent and municipal lvl government act like this cat country consist of many states(duh)~ some local government at odd with central government blablablabla on some place da cats confused which one they should follow da central government or local one?
    why cat on that place can xxxx?
    shoo! why your place still yyyy?
    on place that have big influence on national lvl well still red area~ but some insist to loosen da quarantine~ on that red place~
    good luck~

live.jpg

18. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ten feet into the ground

otaku31 likes this.
  19. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heading into one to be precise. Also smoking habits fuck you over. The nicotine does as much good as the smoking does harm.

Sars Cov 2 did already mutate. The strain wrecking the US rn is not the chinese one. Mostly, anyway. Supposedly less dangerous but alas the US currently has a complete retard in charge. What seems unlikely are large changes, which might result in a shared immunity between strains. The duration of the immunity also is not known yet. To top it off less than 8% of the western populations had it yet (as far we know), and for a heard immunity 66% is required (its statistics). A second wave is not ruled out by scientists as of now.

That being said comparing Sars Cov 2 and the spanish flu is still not all that easy. The former spreads much more easily and is also a good bit more dangerous.

mangoberry and reagents 11 like this.
  20. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    As a person on the outside looking in, I feel that to most Australians see Covid 19 is just one thing on a long list of other things in they local environment that are trying to kill them... in short they are kind of jaded when they are told to be careful because it will kill them.

Ai chan likes this.