LCD Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sky Farrow, Apr 27, 2017.

1. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - I understood what you mean. Let me explain it clearer: there is no way you can combine two paths to create a new path, because the basic attribute of dao mark is to cancel out each other.
    And refinement is not chemical reactions. The result is not a combination of the materials. You can think it's like "building an environment to attract certain Dao fragment from the world". So refinement is not "combine paths to make another path"
    - You can read the two chapters again. Two conservations are completely different.

2. mohamed420

mohamed420 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -your statements are just wrong, the dao marks "canceling each other" is just the conflict between them which was already explained that it was the whole reason refining immortal gu has such a low chance of succeeding is because you need to make them cooperate and combine them despite the conflict, but in the end it still can succeed so that doesn't mean its impossible.
    yes it is a combination and merging of the gu materials,it was mentioned many times that refinement is the act of fusing the materials to get a gu for example "The aspect of refining Gu from materials and other Gu is an act of fusing and making traces or fragments of the great dao interact with each other", more correctly it is the combination and cooperation of the dao marks in them. this the whole reason that you can transform a killer moves into gu because you can substitute the gu in the killer move with suitable materials to get the recipe and vice versa which was all explained in chapter 1561 and throughout the whole story. "building an environment to attract certain Dao fragment from the world" this is closer to the hairy man heaven and earth style than regular refinement.
    -what chapters are you talking about? what conservations? do you mean conversations? if so and you are talking about the time he awakened, before rebirth he was instantly killed by heavenly court while after rebirth he wasn't and that's why the conversations were different. and here is more proof that they are the same person :
    ""This immortal zombie is also an astute schemer! Previously, he used battle will to try to refine the Immortal Gu House, but failed. Probably because of exhaustion, he went into a deep sleep. While in his sleep, he accumulated his strength in the hope that when he woke up, he could use the accumulated energy to turn around the situation." Fang Yuan guessed, involuntarily having some admiration for such an opponent.
    If the Great Strength True Martial immortal zombie cultivated strength path, he quite likely would not have such a method.
    However, this immortal zombie was different, he had such good strength path talent but he actually gave it up to cultivate wisdom path.
    Who knew what he was thinking."

3. bakato

bakato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A path is just an understanding of a type of dao mark that already exists or a branch of a real path such as emotion path. When a someone "founds" a path, they're just pioneering an understanding of a type of dao mark that already exists. Dao marks don't just cancel each other out and they don't follow some law of conservation either. The dao marks that form Divine Travel appear out of nowhere when its natural conditions are met and Fang Yuan's soul cleansing formation erases the the star dao marks that were tracking him. In the right circumstances such as during refinement different types of dao marks can interact to birth a completely different type.

4. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Fusing? Then where did dao mark of Divine Travel Gu come from? From wines?
    Remember, FY refined Perseverance Gu with no material at all.
    That's why I said the materials are just "environment".
    2. This is what I'm talking about:
    The battle gradually heated to the climax, the burly rank eight Gu Immortal held the upper hand, he raised his head and laughed wildly: “I have rank eight cultivation and also possess the Great Strength True Martial Physique, a mere rank seven dreams of challenging me?!”

That mysterious Gu Immortal with a red lotus mark on his forehead chuckled and said with a plain voice: “Martial Duel Heavenly King, your defeat is certain. Take this move!”

Right after he finished speaking, the rank seven Gu Immortal flung his right hand and a high platform flew out.

The next moment, the contempt on the face of the rank eight Gu Immortal, Martial Duel Heavenly King, was completely gone, replaced by shock: “This is an Immortal Gu House! What Immortal Gu House is this?”

The rank seven Gu Immortal proudly smiled: “Let me teach you, this is my original creation — Graceful Chaotic Duel Stage!”

“Graceful Chaotic Duel Stage?” Bai Ning Bing frowned, as far as he knew, the present Southern Border Gu Immortal world did not have any such Immortal Gu House.

Graceful Chaotic Duel Stage’s might was extremely mysterious.

No matter what kind of attacks Martial Duel Heavenly King sent, they were all absorbed and sealed.

That was not all.

After the attacks were sealed, they could still be used by the rank seven Gu Immortal to strike back!

Martial Duel Heavenly King’s attacks were mighty, but in the end, he had to bear most of his attacks himself.

The images transformed continuously, and the battle situation kept on getting more heated.

Finally, with the help of Graceful Chaotic Duel Stage, the mysterious rank seven Gu Immortal won against Martial Duel Heavenly King, accomplishing an extraordinary feat of rank seven defeating rank eight!
    “I’ve already told you, your deduction is completely wrong, I have nothing to do with Red Lotus’ true inheritances.” Gu Immortal Da Li said helplessly.

The opposing time path Gu Immortal was shrouded in fog, their appearance could not be seen. Only the red lotus marking on their forehead was visible, bright and red.

They smiled coldly: “I used the time path method in Red Lotus’ true inheritance to deduce, how can that be wrong? Red Lotus Demon Venerable’s next true inheritance is with you.”

Da Li was silently before replying: “There is nothing else to say, let’s fight!”

Saying this, he charged ahead.

“You finally stopped evading!” The mysterious Gu Immortal was filled with intent to fight.

After a long battle.

Gu Immortal Da Li could not defeat the other party, he was suppressed by the Immortal Gu House, Graceful Chaotic Duel Stage.
    See the difference?
    One more thing, zombie cultivate Wisdom path is the most stupid choice, since their thoughts are slower than normal humans. FY is the only exception because he has Rank 9 Wisdom Gu.
    P/S: the one who created Graceful Chaotic Duel Stage is the mysterious inheritor of Red Lotus, not Martial Duel Heavenly King.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  5. mohamed420

mohamed420 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -that's why I said that your "environment" refinement is closer to hairy man heaven and earth style/nature Gu refinement technique, although not exactly as in those examples you brought up there was no tribulations. but in the end the refinement I am talking about is the human isolation style which fuse and combine the the materials and gu involved in the refinement which is stated COUNTLESS times in the novel from the time he was rank 1 to now (chapter 1700), just because there are unexplained exceptions(perseverance and divine travel) doesn't invalidate what is stated throughout the whole novel. and here is another proof: "Previously, the reason I failed in refining star thought Immortal Gu was not because there was a problem in my method, but the subtle aspect of mutual fusion of the dao marks of each immortal material, which is not something one can control. This is one of the crucial reasons for the low success rate in refining Immortal Gu" chapter 971
    -"The battle gradually heated to the climax" the beginning of chapter 959
    “There is nothing else to say, let’s fight!” chapter 1017
    It is clear here that the conversation is different because in ch.959 the conversation took place in the middle of the battle while in ch.1017 the conversation was before they began the fight and it would have been an error if it was the same like you are suggesting. (the "video" in ch.959 was because Bai Ning Bing activated an immortal gu while in ch.1017 the "video" was because of the myriad tribulation Grey Memory).
    -no, zombies cultivating wisdom path/having wisdom path methods is not a dumb choice.do you know why zombies have slower thoughts? its because their body is dead and the only way to produce thoughts naturally is by the body(brain) and soul, so because their body is dead they get half the thoughts they get naturally, but one of the main aspects of wisdom path is producing thoughts unnaturally by gu and so a zombie that cultivate wisdom path would cover one of his weaknesses which is not in anyway dumb.
    p/s: I didn't say anything about who created the gu house so I don't know why you are bringing it up.

6. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That does not necessarily mean that a land spirit was not there originally. Just that it is dying now without a land spirit.

7. gangsar1998

gangsar1998 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a path doesn't become a clear path until it was founded, and most venerable are the one that make those progress since they are that talented. just like as he said before, some gu exist even before a proper school/path is founded which mean it could theoretically come from that, his example is enslavement path, which is come from wisdom and soul path, yes wisdom and soul path are not officially founded yet but the dao is there, human has wisdom, and living thing has soul its just has not become a proper gu school. because genesis is that talented he is able to found enslavement dao even without proper school, another example is painting path, now tell me on what path it is based? its not explained because it doesn't need to, human is the peak of myriad thing thus they were able to construct a diverse path
    that reminds me, all venerable cultivate 2 school, one is their main and the other is minor, why do you think they do that?

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    So is this novel skill on hiatus?

9. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You made this comment assuming Da Li has already turned into zombie before selecting wisdom path. The more likely case is he has achieved rank 8 and high wisdom attainment before turning zombie. At that time, is he supposed to abandon his wisdom path?

10. bakato

bakato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some recipes involve building the gu from the dao marks in material. Slower thoughts have nothing to do with one's prospects in wisdom path. It's because their thoughts are slower that they can benefit greatly from wisdom path since one of the methods of wisdom paths involve expanding and accelerating their thought processes.

11. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    More exactly, one public path and one secret path. The public path is used as common skills (since it's developed in all aspect), while the secret path is used as the ultimate skill (since it's hard to counter)

hellopls likes this.
  12. hellopls

hellopls New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey this might seem random but I remember you either used to edit or translate a novel called infinity armament, so you also might know that its officially translated chap stopped at 200+ on book 5, I found the machine translations after a while but the quality is garbage, do you know where i could find the raws if not sorry for bothering you.

13. hellopls

hellopls New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And to be honest i made an account just for this

14. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes... for another two years minimum...

Wujigege likes this.
  15. keialpha

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading the part where Fang Yuan was living three lives inside lu wen con's maze. However, there third life is never specified. Is there something wrong with the translation and it is missing, or it was never actually written in the raw to begon with?

16. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    The raw didn't have it.

Astaroth likes this.
  17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I read it but didn't Earth Paradise inheritor guy just give up when he realized MC couldn't fall for that stuff/was impossible to "rehabilitate"? Maybe he gave up after 2nd world?

Though again I don't really remember much more than Fang Yuan sneering and being all "Heh, so boring, what is blabla compared to eternal life".

Speaking of which, huge shame about nothing happening with that Shang clan girl. Obviously I didn't expect any kind of romance or anything, but Fang Yuan didn't even get any use out of her after leaving the Shang clan in volume 2 (or was it 3? I think 3 is when he infiltrated the Northern Plains).

18. keialpha

Reading List:
    Link
    It is because FY said he gained the inspiration of luo pou seal from the third life that confused me. He gained actual technique like time cutting-edge and sneak attack from dream realm, and those dreams are quite fun. To get a powerful technique that is his signature, it is odd that life is not alluded to in more detail.

19. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Do Hairy Men have the recipe for Eternal Life Gu? In Verdant Sun's story, they are killed in a strange way. It really looked like the interference of Fate.

20. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Is luo pou seal the attack Spectral Soul Demon Venerable came up with to detonate the luo pou mountain?

Because if that's the case then there must be something wrong, cause Fang Yuan already had that prepared as a back-up in case luo pou mountain got stolen. And obviously he blew it up right in Heavenly Court's face.

Also "sneak attack", wasn't that some gu (that looked like a baby) he got from a dream realm in the western desert (Fang Clan's I believe)? As for cutting-edge tbh I don't even remember what that was.

Anyway guess it's mighty time to re-read some parts at least to refresh my memory.