Discussion Fanfic SI telling truth of universe they in

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by girisuherman, Jun 8, 2020.

?

Did you think Story immersion broken when SI telling Cannon Character truth?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I forget that and continue reading

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nah, nothing strange... continue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Another (post in comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyway, after reading various Fanfic and have drop lots (6 out of 10) of the story because SI MC is broken immersion by telling Cannon Character truth, like telling future plot (mild), how they died (hard) and most fatal is when SI MC tell know them from Fiction.
    Like the author is running out an idea and decide to put a stop-gap before the next act or whatever... besides telling them it was kinda odd...

Almost like a random person came to you like your best friend and tell you in the next 20 hours there will apocalypse event. when you ask "how did you know?" this person says you are a fictional character from a show. unbelievable right?

In fact more believable if The SI says they came from a higher dimension that able review event like from a book, and he stuck here for unknown reason("security" worm fanfic di that)

Anyway, what did you think?

2. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think fanfictions are usually not very immersive in themselves. I do agree that the author tends to make it worse by bringing up the original plot development. The thing about telling characters they are in a novel is by far the worst and most unimmersive thing in fanfiction which I enountered far too often.

vlue and girisuherman like this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm they may copy dragon ball on android arc~ tell them they come from future or alternative dimension when on future thing happen~
    or they can act like idiot.... example is isekai into otome games....

4. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more wondering why people around the SI//transmigrated person aren't wondering why the person they known had a sudden shift of personality?

AkunDami and girisuherman like this.
  5. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it is a big plothole in actual light novels and usually left with surprised people but accepting it.

At least in fanfics they create a new character where the transmigstor hijack the body and start from the scratch, and when they hijack a character body they try to come up with an explanation.
    Well at least that's how I found it in the stories I've read so far

girisuherman likes this.