Discussion What's your favorite Souls game?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Hidetaka Miyazaki, Jun 14, 2020.

?

Which souls game is your favorite?

1. Sekiro

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Dark souls 3

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Bloodborne

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Dark souls 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dark souls

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  6. Demon Souls

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Hidetaka Miyazaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are your favorite Souls games?
    I, the director of all of these games; Hidetaka Miyazaki (google my name if you don't believe me) am interested in what your favorite Souls game is

2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I first played dark souls and I was a kid at the time I had no idea what to do these games really don't hold your hand. they just ok your ready now go. my favorite was dark souls 3 mainly because you don't feel so restricted as the other games. you can dodge you can parry how easily you can switch from a sword to a dagger.

Hidetaka Miyazaki likes this.
  3. Zekard

Zekard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started into the soulsborn series with Dark Souls 3 and in my opinion I find the combat more fluid than in the first game, but have to admit that in comparidon to its predecessor the dk3 is more linear.

4. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    Skyrim . . . .
    Souls Fantasy Warmaiden Immersiive Nexus LoversLab mods edition. . . .

5. Hidetaka Miyazaki

Hidetaka Miyazaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Goddammit. You had to mention it

6. Zekard

Zekard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I think about it, every series has its special mentality in my opinion: In Sekiro you are more on the defensive and letting yourself be attacked by your enemy in order to create an opening by deflecting his moves, meanwhile in Bloodborne you kinda have to pursue agressive combat in order to reobtain health after being hit or by parrying certain attack even if they can be avoided. Just to mention two.

7. Zynros

Zynros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bloodborne. One of the two Soulsborne games I've fully completed (DLC and main story), and the only one I did offline (Other was DS3). Because Playstation Plus sucks.

8. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldev linked your twitter account man, maybe more people would have belived ya.

9. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty stuck on Remnant: Fallen Ashes right now. It's not a souls game, but it's got souls in its DNA. It's a soulslike, with guns as the primary weapon type. I was skeptical before trying it, but it works.

I voted Demon Souls, it was the most original game in the series, but I almost picked Dark Souls, because it had the best level design.

10. commonelk

commonelk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started with Dark Souls 3 and really loved it! It was easily one of the best experiences I've had in a video game, and it's among my top favorites of all time.

I've played a few hours of Sekiro, but it didn't hook me like Dark Souls 3 did. I really loved the setting, and the idea of playing as a shinobi in a souls game was exciting. My main issue seemed to be the equipment system. Perhaps I didn't advance far enough, but one of my favorite aspects of DS3 was the aspect of upgrading and switching out weapons. I thought it was so cool that any weapon you picked up was viable as long as you built around it and upgraded it (and if not viable, functions to provide a greater challenge).

The only thing I'm disappointed by is that Bloodborne is a playstation exclusive, and I can't justify purchasing a PS4 just for Bloodborne. In a few years though, when they get cheaper and if I buy a used PS4, Bloodborne would be the first game I'd play. Thanks so much for making such awesome games!

11. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive spent hours farming survival mode its awesome i really think its impossible to solo certain bosses ... in apocalypse,

12. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    Rumor has it that Bloodborne is coming to pc.

13. commonelk

commonelk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously? Do you by any chance have a source on that? I'll be eagerly awaiting its release then!

14. Netherlicht

Netherlicht Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I played the first DS game on xbox 360, I didn't really understand the game at the time and died a lot. I later loaned the game to a friend so I don't have any particularly strong memories about it.
    It wasn't until DS 2 that I got into it, although most think it's shit, it's objectively the worst but I personally had many hours of fun with it.
    Tho I did play it while talking to friends and using summons (when it worked)
    I liked DS3 a lot and thinking of a new play though
    Bloodborne was good but not my favorite

I gotta give it to sekiro as I had the most fun with it, the fights were really memorable, it felt like running around in a fantasy, the vertical was a big + and the bosses were really nice

Zekard and Hidetaka Miyazaki like this.
  15. Zekard

Zekard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sekiro just had that one sword, kusabimaru or so was its name I think and the immortal blade which can only be used with two skills.

Also the damage being dealt to your enemies depended on acquiring memories obtained after defeating bosses, so you only get „stonger“ after each Boss encounter.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  16. commonelk

commonelk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I reached the first main boss yet. I was planning on giving the game another shot though, so thanks for the information!

Zekard likes this.
  17. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  18. commonelk

commonelk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I only took what you said with a grain of salt, haha. After all, if I took everything I see on the internet as fact, rumors included, I'd wind up too muddleheaded to function.

Zekard and animanaicT like this.