Recommendations Novels like The Rebirth of Malicious Empress

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Fdy_A, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Fdy_A

Fdy_A Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, can you guys recommend me any completed novels that has the same setting as The Rebirth of Malicious Empress of Military Lineage?
    Not necessarily in historical genre or military related.. It's enough the mc is smart and calm - not impulsive or unnecessarily arrogant - not a tomboy or too masculine.. A bonus if the mc is the scholar or elegant type.. And most importantly is that the mc is really protective toward his/her family and the family deserves that love..
    Thank you!

Ivasama and Blood A like this.
  2. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    The Grandmaster Strategist
    Scholar MC who's too physically weak for his own good, he's so frail a 12 yr old could beat him. "Strategist" is in the title, so it involving militaries is a given. The protagonist is revenge driven, at least until he finished his revenge. He's one to easily change sides, but gaining his dedication is another story. He's also the literary type of guy, those chill scholar dudes who write poems.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Fdy_A likes this.
  3. Fdy_A

Fdy_A Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for this! From the summary, i will def like it..

4. PainedSouL

PainedSouL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fdy_A likes this.
  5. Fdy_A

Fdy_A Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanka
    Thank you.. Ive read this one, it is a great story.. The MC is so cool and the plot is good...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    PainedSouL likes this.
  6. SamSam

SamSam class' ...pas class' !

Reading List:
    Link
    Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang
    this one is really good ; our FL is a wise woman and the story; kind of poetic (i love it)

7. weirdnshort

weirdnshort Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahah I was going to make a similar thread. I finished "The Rebirth of a Malicious Empress" a few weeks ago and was looking for something of that caliber.

I am hooked to this one: "Tyrannical Wang’s Beloved Wife" The translator is amazing. I like that it's a bit different than "The Rebirth of a Malicious Empress" because the "Tyrant" is the ML and he's the one scheming.

The MC isn't too OP - but she does have some advantages and skills because of her previous life. There's definitely family love in this one. I like her interactions with her grandparents.

The reason why I started "The Rebirth of a Malicious Empress" was because I was reading "Marriage of the Di Daughter" which has the same author. I also really like this one. The MC was initially very pretty and her life sucked. lol. Now she's in a body of a host who was neglected. She seems quite smart. I don't know if she is protective of her family... Haven't reached there yet.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Fdy_A likes this.
  8. Fdy_A

Fdy_A Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thank you! I will read it! I likes that Mcs that are not too OP.. I mean just enough.. Like the early part Shen Miao..

9. tsitrasong

tsitrasong Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why Harem Intrigue When You Can Raise a Dog Instead has been great so far, but it's still in process of translation. Would highly rec The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir as well