Recommendations A harem manga with a plot like this

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Britney123, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Britney123

Britney123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • He has a harem, but he only loves and listens to one girl so he thinks the other girls are burdens and doesn’t give them too much attention.
    • He’s powerful and smart
    • For example the manga Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou where he only listens and loves yue

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  2. Sansin06

Sansin06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There actually exist novel like this? Why does he have a harem anyway if that’s the case.
    Lurking:blobpeek:

3. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, almost said "definitely Arifureta" but it isn't, eh?
    Also, need more detail

Maybe it's "the world god only knows"?

4. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure about that?

5. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, don't give him spoiler. :blobthinkingsmirk:

6. Draakon

Draakon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transcending the Nine Heavens kinda fits. Althought it's not like he completely uncaring about the rest, but they are not as important as his main waifu.

P.S. I kinda forget the name because "nine" is used in every ninth Chinese novel or something, and was forced to search "pedo-chu" meme to find the novel. Good thing that there is no FBI in my country.

"It's hard to be a friend" probably fits too, but it's a bit more complicated than this. And I think it doesn't have manga

Britney123 likes this.
  7. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    it happens in the end guys so don't worry

8. Britney123

Britney123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really sure. But I love their chemistry

9. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was literally the definition of a harem before the isekai popularity boom. Nobody read a harem thinking the protagonist would end up with multiple love interests. Rather a harem used to just mean a love triangle with more than two options. Essentially it was a given that eventually the protagonist would make their choice and whomever wasn't chosen would just be flat out of luck.

This was the norm for a very long time. It wasn't until the isekai boom, and the appearance of the harem seeking lead that the definition of harem was changed. Choosing one lover and disbanding the harem was no longer the end goal. Instead the goal of having a harem was to literally have a harem, i.e to have multiple romantic partners simultaneously.

10. Nneeil

Nneeil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon's Labyrinth

The catch here is that he doesn't care about the girls that are interested in him, he just views them as acquaintances and nothing more. The only girl he cares about is his daughter.

Britney123 likes this.
  11. Draakon

Reading List:
    Link
    But Conan the Barbarian and such?

12. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Outliers can always be found if you look far enough, what we're talking about here is how the harem genre used to be defined, not when the first story with an actual harem appeared.

13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I remember! There's that... wait... it wasn't a manga. Never mind.

You're asking for a hard bargain. We have better chances if you removed one of your requirements, since most harem MCs aren't strong and smart while loving only one girl.

14. Draakon

Reading List:
    Link
    Outlier? It's basically genre of himself. 179 books now. And way too much imitators.

15. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about Conan the Barbarian specifically? That was originally a comic book series I believe, and now also has several films and video games based off of it. Now I've never read it but I'm guessing you brought it up because the protagonist has a harem in the story? Could you clarify I am trying to figure out why you chose this as a counter example to my original statement.

16. Draakon

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly formal harem, but he basically constantly saves helples women and then demand them to repay him with his body. Over and over again. Often same women multiple times. Not quite rare that they are villianes or in grey zone at least in different books. Actually, he himself lampshades it, and trying to ignore helpless women, but it's never works.

17. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that doesn't sound anything like harem, he's just fucking a lot a different women. For it to be a harem they need to actually be together in some way; like boyfriend and girlfriend, husband and wife, master and concubine, etc. Just having sex once or twice with someone doesn't mean anything. Like did you leave something out, do the women he sleeps with become part of his entourage, do they stay by his side and travel together, or go back to his home to await his return.

18. Draakon

Reading List:
    Link
    No, that girls are just his concubines, they are not important, although some that he saved was ended here. His official concubines call him the King instead of master thought.
    His official harem is boring statists only to confirm his status. But his Chinese Fantasy / Japanese Issekai harem is like pokemons, they are a bit different, and you constantly run into them.
    And not in all anime harem is with protagonist all the time.

He probably travels with Red Sonja the most, but she is Female Conan, he can't seduce her, lol. Not for the lack of trying.