Power Scaling

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ZeroInf, Jun 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroInf

ZeroInf New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone,
    Finally I can make a post yay ~_~

I'm a new guys here. So I have been reading comics for a very long time then moving on to manga, manhua, manhwa, webtoons and so on.
    So recently I reading Apotheosis manhua amd in the recent arcs Luo Zheng was breaking power scales every now and then. Like now he's in the upper realm and we have already seen heavenly venerates who can single handedly destroy stars. And then we can see that it's not even the tip of the iceberg. There are his martial brothers from the immortal mansions owner who are supposedly in an even higher realm. His master is someone whose power we can't even understand as of now. So this made me wonder how much the power scale upgrades in the wuxia, xianxia, xuanhuan worlds. So I started digging some infos from the novels and can see that Apotheosis has an even deeper more powerful realms of power and cultivation. I'm not sure about the details. Like already the heavenly venerates can destroy stars and then there are even more upper realms.

So this brings me to the question in this wuxia-xianxia world how much power scale has been shown? Like literally written in the novels or manhuas etc. and not just baseless speculations. I tried to find it myself but as I'm new there are simply too much info and my curiosity is sipping out of the bowl. And it would take me a long time to read the novels and come to a conclusion. So I ask there seniors here to help in this case.

Which universe depicted right now is the strongest? And which characters there are the strongest.

P.S. Why Apotheosis made me so curious is because the contemporary manhuas that are going side by side to it doesn't even match to the power scaling here.

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    There are cultivators who are strong enough to create multiverse or what not. Dao is limitless, my friend.

AbrarMalik and Paps like this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm on wuxia it not really clear basically martial art story~ with some weird power such as qiqong which mean light body art that make user can run really fast, become light so can walk on water or stand on tree leaves~

xianxia and xuanhuan da power scales is as big as author want to~
    do you know dragonball? yes da power scale varry from flying around to destroy planet with one finger~
    try read genre explanation on NU for general info da different between wuxia, xianxia and xuanhuan~

pick any novel, click the edit genre there you find genre definition~

Wu Jizun likes this.
  4. ThisKing

ThisKing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The biggest power scale I have seen is in Desolate Era. The world shown is so huge that you cannot even imagine it. And people get powerful to an unfathomable degree.

5. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly the best kind of power scaling I like is having definable tiers that people can understand and then some cosmic horror of unimaginable power absolutely fucks shit up for no particular reason. Sort of like "oh nice, here's a tasty power scale cake for you, but never mind the entire universe is exploding".

LoM, SoD are a few of my favorites. Of course, all this can be derived off Lovecraft mythos and DnD lore

Astaroth likes this.
  6. Macrendil Ysmir

Macrendil Ysmir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all: Welcome! You jumped right to the end of your social life and into the addiction known as reading.

The powerscaling is the #1 way authors manage to create 1k, 2k, 10k+ chapter stories. "MC is the strongest in this region? Oh look, a "random" passerby from a stronger region gets entangled and now MC must go kill his entire family!" Rinse & repeat a dozen times and its no longer city A to city B or Country/Continent X toY, but Multiverse 6G going to Omniverse Proto-5.

Its fun at first, but gets boring when literally everyone can obliterate cities or planets if they throw a tantrum.

Fallion, Paps and Astaroth like this.
  7. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is not a fixed scale, one series will go to one level other will rushe beyond, heck the same series will stsr giving you a top and as soon s MC reach it, surprise surprise there is even higher relams to reach. Mind you I haven't even finished any CN so my word has no weigh in this matter.

8. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well , first of all welcome to the community OP. Now ur ques. is a good one but without a good answer I am afraid. Power scales r very poorly defined in these stories, I mean xuahuan ones r still "ehh" because they basically amount to eastern take on dnd and western mages and shit , but xianxia, wuxian r pure eastern concept and completely fucking crazy. I mean they start out as reasonable then just break down reality like a bitch. At this point I would say they r more plot points to continue stretching a story than actual serious plots like u usually find in comics. Take Emperor's Domination for example , everyone and their grandmother can destroy a fucking planet or universe with over exaggerated description , it stops making sense at some point to be honest. Like if u consider all the shit MCs usually go through in these novels then it makes no Fucking Sense why there should be even a little mystery about how high power levels go but just as MC gets to the highest peak in a region out of nowhere an arrogant son of a bitch with even greater power and backing will come and fuck shit up. Like seriously the world is old , there r people older fossils still alive , how does one go about not knowing anything about them when they act like they r SHIT EVERYWHERE THEY GO.

9. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read Night Ranger. He completely stopped time.

10. ZeroInf

ZeroInf New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mostly see people saying Li qiye from Emperor's Domination, Yun Che from Against the Gods, Meng Hao from I shall seal the heavens are the strongest. When comparing manhua Luo Zheng from Apotheosis seems the most likely candidate to be a one above all character. Next comes I guess Chen Fan from Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator as in manhua he has reached stellar level where he fights extra terrestrials and so. So I was curious on novel aspect. I know there is no one answer but I'm searching the most agreed answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.