Spoiler The Low-Intelligence Female Supporting Character, Waiting For Death Online [Quick Transmigration]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Jan 9, 2020.

1. eagerreadergirl

eagerreadergirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, that was a very long post... this is Part 2 of explaining World/Arc 4 (where Yu Wei is the substitute girlfriend) in detail...

So Yu Wei basically decisively breaks up with the ML (Xu Chi)... but of course, his dumb@ss refuses to believe that's the case and he goes off looking for her. He does this even though Yu Wei explicitly gives the ML her blessing to off with the FL (which Yu Wei obviously wants for her task). Still the ML actually TURNS DOWN the FL when she tries to approach him about resuming their relationship now that he just got out of one with Yu Wei. But the ML is all... oh, but the FL is part of my past, I don't really dream about her anymore, I still need to talk to Yu Wei, etc. etc.

Pretty much the next day, Yu Wei comes out to show the world she's bloody well moved on from the FL. She even has a blind date with Zhao Qui -- the son of a family friend! (Zhao Qui doesn't show up much but he seems like a nice guy who truly likes Yu Wei). Yu Wei even has a fun time and goes on a date with ZQ... only to, of course, get interrupted by the ML and the ML's best friend, who all of a sudden want to "explain" the situation to Yu Wei (and probably get back into her pants/good-graces). But as Yu Wei eloquently says to them:

Cao Heng said, "... Aren't we friends?"

Ye Wei nodded and said, "No."

Cao Heng was really embarrassed. He looked at Xu Chi. Still upset and embarassed, Cao Heng said: "Why not? I thought we were friends?"

Ye Wei said, "Before we were. But now we're not."

Cao Heng froze. Why were they friends before but not now?

Ye Wei explained kindly: "If we were truly friends, you would not help another woman steal away my boyfriend. But since you did help that other women, you clearly did not consider me to be a friend. As a friend, you would not do something so terrible or hide the truth of an affair to me. If you did help another woman and hide the truth from me, it clearly means that we are not friends."

She added: "You're not my friend, so it's not strange that you wouldn't actually help me, right? So I can understand that you never actually cared much about me."

Cao Heng was stunned by her words. How could he know his kindness to Liang Ruowei (the FL) would make him Liang Ruowei's accomplice from Ye Wei's point of view?

So if Ye Wei felt sad and depressed, it wasn't just due to Xu Chi (ML) or Liang Ruowei (FL)... it was also Cao Heng's fault.

He thought since Ye Wei was still kind and gentle with him, she still thought of him as a friend. But it turned out that even though she was kind and gentle, even though she didn't blame or ridicule him for destroying her relationship with Xu Chi (ML), even though she said she could understand why Cao Heng took Liang Ruowei's side over her own...

Still, even though Ye Wei was kind and patient with him, Ye Wei had broken off their relationship. His selfishness was understandable to her but she would not forgive him for it.

Cao Heng felt deep regret at this moment. If he was given another chance, he would definitely not watch Ye Wei be deceived and hurt.

Even Xu Chi (ML) couldn't help looking at Ye Wei at the moment. He suddenly found that Ye Wei seemed to be calm all the time. She was not impulsive or emotional. On the contrary, she seemed more sensible than anyone else -- better, even, than anyone else -- even though she was the most injured by the end of their relationship.

He also finally understood that those established injuries were irreparable and indelible (and that he could not rebuild what he had just broken with her).

Cao Heng pulled his shoulders down. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

Ye Wei said, "It doesn't matter. I said I can understand why you did what you did, so don't take my words too seriously."

Cao Heng was even more uncomfortable in his heart. Ye Wei was just too kind. He would rather Ye Wei hit him for a few words and scold him.

Cao Heng: "I know I was wrong and I will never do what I did again ... So can we be friends sometime in the future?" He didn't even know why he said these words. He just really liked and got along well with Ye Wei. Something about her made him feel so relaxed and comfortable, so he truly wanted to still be friends with her.

"No," Ye Wei thought for a while, "I don't want to be friends with people who have hurt me."

Cao Heng: "..."

Xu Chi looked at Ye Wei with a firm face: "Give me some time, let's continue to talk about our relationship."

Ye Wei remained calm: "No, I still have something to do."

Xu Chi's eyebrows wrinkled deeper: "Ye Wei, must you resist me so?"

Resist?

Ye Wei felt bewildered: "What am I resisting? Your words are so strange. You yourself said before: Why should I put aside my affairs for you, who is not very important. Mr. Xu (calling the ML in a formal way), please let go of such trivial things (aka our relationship)."

Obviously, he could not.

Ye Wei: "I can understand how you feel about me now. I hope you can understand me also. Thank you."

After her dismissal, Xu Chi's face turned pale, and for a moment became even more ugly than Cao Heng's.

Both men who Yu Wei had just dismissed were tall and handsome. Yet at this moment, they both looked devastated and upset. It looked really ... pitiful, which made all those around them want to have sympathy for them.

Neither of these men had thought that Ye Wei would be so decisive in ending her relationships with them.

I wanted to stand up and CHEER at this point! I loved how Yu Wei clearly pointed out that due to their own selfish actions: (1) Cao Heng had destroyed any possibility of a friendship with her, and (2) the ML had destroyed any possibility that she would trust or restart a relationship with him. Her calm acceptance of the end of both of these relationships just emotionally DEVASTATES both of these scum men!

Eventually, the ML turns into a stalker, gets notes on her date with Zhao Qi, and steadily gets more and more jealous (while paying less and less attention to the annoying-ass FL who keeps buzzing around him). Eventually, the ML tries ONCE AGAIN to get Yu Wei to pay attention to him by "apologizing" to her -- only to again hear her very politely tell him off:

Xu Chi (ML stalking Yu wei) waited for about two hours at the door of Ye Wei's neighborhood before finally seeing Zhao Qi drove Ye Wei back (from their date) in the car. Zhao Qi pulled the car door and Ye Wei jumped out of the car. The two laughed and said goodbye.

Ye Wei looked very happy. When she laughed, her eyes turned into crescents and she appeared especially adorable.

"Thank you. I had a great time today."

"Me too. If you're interested in a second date..."

"Of course I am!"

In the past, Xu Chi (ML) often saw Ye Wei's smile because Ye Wei liked to laugh very much. When she encountered or saw something that made her happy, she would smile and laugh and even wink around him. If he didn't smile back, she would poke the corner of his mouth and say, "Little old man, laugh at least once."

But since that day they broke up, he had never seen Ye Wei smile again. Or rather, Ye Wei had never smiled at him again.

Until Zhao Qi left, Xu Chi finally went out and said, "Ye Wei."

Ye Wei suddenly saw Xu Chi and stopped unexpectedly...

She frowned: "Mr. Xu, did you come to talk to me?" She called him Mr. Xu, politely, removed from any sense of intimacy.

Xu Chi said: "Well, I owe you a formal apology and an explanation. I know that what I have done to you is very unfair. You can remember and hate me -- and you can even ask me anything. But I hope you can calm down for a while before making a decision (about ending our relationship)."

Ye Wei nodded politely and said, "Mr. Xu, thank you for your kindness, but rest assured that any harm you gave to me was not enough to make me lose my general love for life. No matter what happened between us, I will continue to live well every day, cherish my time, and love life."

Xu Chi (deflated): "I'm glad you think so."

Ye Wei said, "Of course! This world is not ruined because of the existence of a bad situation or person. Even if I'm hurt now, there are many, many beautiful things in this world waiting for me to discover."

Xu Chi: "..."

Ye Wei waved her hand: "It's late, I'll go back first, goodbye."

Xu Chi looked at Ye Wei's back as she left without hesitation. He left himself with a kind of inexplicable confusion. During their entire meeting, Ye Wei didn't cry or make any kind of unhappy noises or faces. In fact, she had a mild attitude and she looked at him as though he were a stranger. She seemed almost to completely ignore his existence now that their relationship with over. He just felt that his heart was pinched by something, and it was extremely uncomfortable.

He wanted to stop Ye Wei, but Ye Wei's attitude of avoiding him -- and of saying sentences that left him feeling like a stranger -- made him unable to know how tot face her.

It felt as though Ye Wei was very far from him now.

If you're into stories where scummy MLs suffer A LOT after the MC dumps them, this story is going to be one of your FAVORITES. It really contains so much yummy delicious ML regret, ahahahaha!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  2. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is this is Part 3 of explaining World/Arc 4 (where Yu Wei is the substitute girlfriend) in detail... I know this is many parts but goddamn, this arc is just TOO AWESOME. Yu Wei's constant face-slapping of the azzhole ex-boyfriend who tried to make her stand-in for his ex-girlfriend is just TOO GOOD! I wish we could ALL leave a scum-bag ex with as much grace as Yu Wei is showing now!

...Anyway, the ML of course has started to go pretty crazy with jealousy over how Yu Wei is leaving him behind and moving on with another man (Zhao Qi, the nice family friend she has started going on dates with). Ignoring the desperate FL, he basically starts stalking Yu Wei, even though she's REPEATEDLY told him she no longer wants anything to do with him. That leads him to have YET ANOTHER confrontation where she has to tell him to leave her the hell alone already. I'm going to give you another cleaned-up MTL, as this confrontation is just TOO good:

...Xu Chi (ML) was really angry after learning Yu Wei (MC) had already found another boyfriend. After listening to Cao Heng (best friend who told Xu Chi that it's good that Yu Wei is moving on), Xu Chi's face became enraged. Unwilling to believe what his friend had told him, Xu Chi confronted Yu Wei (about her new boyfriend) almost immediately. Yet Ye Wei's attitude towards him was as though she were confronting a stranger, even though they had been in a relationship before. It made Xu Chi feel... helpless.

Yu Wei: "Mr. Xu, can you understand what I'm saying? I am very responsible for my own life. I know clearly that any decision I make (to move past our relationship) is not because of impulsiveness or due to revenge. I am not acting the way I do because of others -- because I want to hurt others or get revenge on others or even to punish myself. Do you understand? Who I fall in love with and get married to is a lifelong decision I will take seriously. I am not swayed by angry emotions at this time."

Though Xu Chi was usually an indifferent and cold person, he now seemed dazed and helpless. "But you don't even like Zhao Qi (the new boyfriend). How can you be happy with him in a new relationship?"

Ye Wei laughed: "How do you know I don't like Zhao Qi? Do you think I like you?"

Xu Chi: "Well, you do like me."

Ye Wei admitted generously, "Yes, I did like you... but that's a thing of the past."

Xu Chi was silent for a moment and then said, "The past?"

"Yes, the past."

"..."

Ye Wei looked at the silent Xu Chi and wondered: "Mr. Xu, I think there is something wrong with your thoughts. Do you want me to be so immersed in the past that I cannot move on? Instead, you have been trying to remind me of all the drama that happened before. Why is that? It took me a lot of effort to persuade myself to face the reality that we never had a real relationship. Why aren't you happy for me now?"

... happy? But he really didn't feel happy [she had moved on from their relationship.]

Xu Chi didn't really know what he thought... but he knew he didn't just watching Ye Wei with other men. So he tried to persuade her again: "You don't want to be with Zhao Qi ..."

Confused, Yu Wei looked at him. "?????"

He looked at Ye Wei with a doubt in his face and emphasized, "You don't want to be with Zhao Qi."

Ye Wei said coldly: "If you have nothing else to say, I'll go first."

She turned and left without saying a word, as if she was decisive and too lazy to argue any further with him.

Xu Chi was so tense that he couldn't help but took a step forward and grab Ye Wei's wrist: "Wait."

Surprised, Ye Wei said: "What are you doing?"

Xu Chi said: "Sorry. I know my words make you unhappy. I know I've done many things wrong and I know you can't forgive me. But it's true -- I don't want you to be hurt. I want you to be happy. So you need to think carefully about how long you and Zhao Qi (new boyfriend) have known each other. You don't know him at all, and it's too risky to be his girlfriend so quickly."

This is probably the longest speech that Xu Chi had ever said to Yu Wei.

Yu Wei replied: "Is there really anything else you want to say? Nothing? Since our relationship has already ended, don't you think your advice is rather ridiculous?" She looked as though she wasn't sure whether she wanted to laugh or frown, ending up looking confused.

Xu Chi: "Ye Wei?"

Ye Wei said, "You don't want me to be harmed? So you'll only allow yourself to hurt me, not other men?

Xu Chi: "I ... I didn't mean that."

Yu Wei: "It doesn't matter what you mean. To me, you really shouldn't talk about harm because you don't have much credibility. But in any case, thank you for your kindness -- but please consider whether I need it. If I don't, your kindness is really just a burden to me. Do you understand?"

Xu Chi: "... you don't need my kindness?"

Yu Wei: "No, I really don't need your kindness. And this is my personal matter, which I know how to deal with and which has nothing to do with you. So please leave your concern to those who need you and don't waste time on me."

She lowered Xu Chi's hand, turned and left, without even looking back, leaving Xu Chi frozen in place.

OMG, EPIC FACE-SLAPPING. Seriously, the way Yu Wei tells off this trash ML who keeps trying to control and possess her is AWESOME. I wish every damn heroine could be as coolly decisive as Yu Wei!

3. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 4 of me explaining World/Arc 4 (where Yu Wei is the substitute girlfriend) in detail...

This arc finally starts to close when the FL asks Ye Wei to meet her YET AGAIN to discuss the already-dead relationship between Ye Wei and the ML. Ye Wei is pretty tired of this sh!t by this time, as she just wants the damn FL and ML to hook up and leave her alone already. Still, ever the hard-working task-taker, she goes to meet FL. (And the FL, of course, is going crazy wondering why the ML is not hooking back up with her despite Ye Wei voluntarily exiting the ML's life.

So they meet up to eat and talk, and Ye Wei AGAIN makes it clear to these numb-skulls that she doesn't give a flying h@@t about ML anymore, given how badly he treated her. Her speech is pretty epic, so I'm writing it up here (from MTLNovels.com, with some edits):

Liang Ruowei (FL) looked at Ye Wei who was calm and calm in front of her. Ye Wei's cold look looked like Xu Chi for a moment. This recognition made Liang Ruowei feel a little uncomfortable. "Ye Wei, you should hate Xu Chi [for treating you like a substitute for me], right? You must be angry with him and you can’t forgive him, right? ”

Ye Wei smiled and said lightly: "If your boyfriend tells you that he has never liked you and just treat you as a stand-in for your ex-girlfriend ... Can you imagine that feeling by yourself? But then, I don't need to explain it to you. After all, it didn't happen to you. I can only say that you wouldn't understand it."

Liang Ruowei was taken aback and said, "Ye Wei, do you hate me so much?"

Ye Wei: "A little... but don't get me wrong. I'm not targeting you."

Liang Ruowei: "???"

Ye Wei seriously explained, "It's just my personal problem. I simply don't like such things as being in a love triangle. But although my relationship with Xu Chi is false, my identity was always real. Your approach to him was fine by me."

Liang Ruowei: "........."

She was almost half-dead!

She found that Ye Wei was much calmer than she imagined. Because of this calmness, she felt that Ye Wei was even more terrifying than she imagined.

Liang Ruowei: "Ye Wei, I admit, I was wrong about this. At the beginning, I was determined to go abroad that I was cruel to Xu Chi. If it were not for Xu Chi, I would not have the opportunity to hurt you ... but the cause of your pain is still me. "

(Liang Ruowei then starting making excuses for why Xu Chi hurt Ye Wei):

"But Xu Chi is actually not a bad person. His parents died in a car accident when he was very young. He grew up with his grandfather from an early age and had almost no childhood. Even when he got home from school, he had to learn with his grandfather, because the huge Xu family still needed him to support him. Because of these hardships, his temper became cold and indifferent, and he was not good at communicating with others. Before doing something wrong ... "

Ye Wei said aloud, "I see. He had no choice but to hurt me."

Liang Ruowei paused and said, "Don't get me wrong, I just say this in the hope that you understand that Xu Chi is not a bad person, nor does he intentionally hurt you. You may not know that Xu Chi has been blaming himself and hurting himself because of you. Last time I saw him, he was drunk even though he rarely touches alcohol. He would not easily get drunk at all if he didn't feel guilty. So I feel guilty and feel sorry for him too. "

Ye Wei said puzzledly, "What do you want to explain? Isn't he supposed to feel regret over what he did to me? Isn't it normal to do something wrong and then feel guilty over it? If he is actually a good person, then he should be blaming himself for what he did."

Liang Ruowei's head flickered for a moment, as though Ye Wei made more sense than Liang Ruowei wanted her to. No, "I didn't mean that ..."

"No? Oh, I see. You want to say that everything he did to me is justified if it was for a love affair. Is that what you mean?"

Liang Ruowei didn't even know what to say for a while, because she didn't quite mean what Ye Wei said... but Ye Wei's words made too much sense.

Ye Wei smiled and waved her hand and said, "Okay, I know, you don't want me to be so considerate of you. Don't worry, I've already talked to Xu Chi. All the things he did were horrible, but they are all over. I have now started a new life so that he no longer has to worry about me. And you don't have to come talk to me about him again either. You should also start your new life. Talking to me again is a waste of time for the both of us."

Liang Ruowei's heart was still a little stunned. Now Ye Wei's performance makes her feel that Ye Wei has never loved Xu Chi at all, "I thought that you are in love with Xu Chi?"

Ye Wei wondered, "What does that have anything to do with our conversation?"

"If you really love Xu Chi, how could you leave him so quickly and start a new relationship with another man? Did you ever really love Xu Chi? Or are you just using Zhao Qi tomake Xu Chi jealous and chase after you? Then your purpose is achieved." Liang Ruowei asked.

This is the purpose of Liang Ryowei coming today. She wanted to know: did Ye Wei ever really love Xu Chi? Or was Ye Wei actually just after Xu Chi's money? After all, think of all the wealth Xu Chi could give her! How could she ever really give up Xu Chi? That would be hard to believe.

And Zhao Qi, who knows if Ye Wei really liked him or was just using him as bait for Xu Chi's jealousy?

Ye Wei's expression cooled down: "Why can't I fall in love? Do I want to be forever single and chase because of a man who never actually liked me, who cheated on me, and who even wanted to turn me into another woman? I'm sorry, he's not worth it. "

Liang Ruowei said: "???? !!!"

She found that Ye Wei really has the ability to get upset!

Liang Ruowei took a deep breath. She wanted to know Ye Wei's feelings for Xu Chi. She wanted Ye Wei to say that she didn't like Xu Chi, that she wanted to use Xu Chi, or that she would use Zhao Qi to make Xu Chi jealous. But instead, Ye Wei said...!

(Note: Liang Ruowei is trying to tape this conversation so she can use it to get Xu Chi to stop loving Ye Wei. Turns out that's not about to work, hahahaha...)

Ye Wei said: "Miss Liang, you can rest assured. Xu Chi only likes you. I know I'm nothing to him and won't tangle with him again... so the two of you can stay together without any concerns. Zhao Qi and I are both doing very well good. Maybe in your opinion, Zhao Qi is not as good as Xu Chi and you can't understand why I would give up Xu Chi and choose Zhao Qi. But to me, what I see in Zhao Qi ’s eyes is the real me. This is the most important thing. Is Xu Chi better than that? To me, Xu Chi is just a liar, and I will not die for him!"

Smiling, Ye Wei added: "If you still don't believe me, I will send you a wedding invitation when I get married!"

Seriously, this whole arc is full of amazing conversations and Ye Wei b!tch-slapping jealous hos and bastards left and right, telling them off for trying to control her even AFTER she got out of a toxic and terrible relationship with a man who was just using her and exploiting her good nature.

I just wish she could have ended this with a nice, happy marriage to Zhao Qi... boy did she deserve her happy ending in this arc...

4. Kings_101

Kings_101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

I love how eloquent she is :love: If only there were more FML like her :coffee:

Thanks for the detailed spoilers of each arc!!

Xi-hime, shouahang58, elparis and 2 others like this.
  5. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's Part 5 of me explaining World/Arc 4 (where Yu Wei is the substitute girlfriend) in detail... This is the very last post, I swear! This arc is just too good not to talk about in detail!!!

All right, so after the meeting with the FL, Ye Wei agrees to allow the FL to drive her home. In the first "life," the FL ended up dying in a car crash so... the inevitable drama hits and they end up involved in a horrific car-crash. Only this time, the FL lives... while Ye Wei ends up the one dying.

In fact, a big dramatic scene happens where the ML ends up rushing over to find that Ye Wei has been horrifically injured with glass showered all over her, basically ruining her face and making it difficult to see whether it's really Ye Wei or the FL. He ends up with her, begging her not to die, when she tells him:

Xu Chi saw her move as if awake and he felt as though he were vibrating with anxiety as he knelt next to her, regardless of the ground and glass debris: "Don't be afraid, it's all right, the ambulance will be here soon, don't be afraid ... ... "

Xu Chi saw her open her mouth, her voice so soft amidst the noise that he couldn't hear it at all.

He had never been so anxious, he knelt down with his ears against her, begging her: "What are you saying? I can't hear you."

After a while, he suddenly turned back and exclaimed: "Shut up!"

This roar came suddenly, letting the scene be silent for a moment, and the ambulance driver looked back, and saw the handsome man kneeling on the ground, his hands covered with blood, his eyes were red, looking devastated beyond belief.

Xu Chi suddenly turned around again, his attention centered on the woman on the ground.

His voice was incredibly soft. "What did you say, say it again, please ?"

Xu Chi only saw her open her mouth again, and her murmured voice was light as a feather.

He was too anxious, but couldn't help but comfort her, "Well, let's not talk about it. I will listen to you afterwards, and I will never make you angry again. Okay?"

Xu Chi thought his words could comfort her and calm her down, but he didn't think she would suddenly cough, spilling blood all over her mouth.

He finally heard her soft voice:

"I'm Ye Wei ..."

"Not Liang Ruowei ..."

"You recognized the wrong person again ..."

Of course, Ye Wei said those words to get the ML to leave her and go to the actual FL... but he ends up DEVASTATED by the belief that up to her dying moment, she thought he was using her as a substitute for FL...

"I'm Ye Wei ..."

"Not Liang Ruowei ..."

"You recognized the wrong person again."

Xu Chi was kneeling there, watching Ye Wei bleed from her mouth and exhaust her strength to tell him that she was Ye Wei, not Liang Ruowei.

Her face was covered with blood and he could not see her expression. The weak and opened eyes were now dark and indifferent, no longer as bright and brilliant as in the past. At this moment, she looked at him with obvious shock in her eyes. These shocks were mixed with self-deprecation and helplessness, as if to say, how could he be mistaken again? Why was she called the wrong name once more?"

He was at a loss at her eyes, and his heart seemed to be clamped tight, causing him endless pain.

"Ye Wei ..."

She started coughing, staring at him with bloody lips, struggling to say something, but it became more impossible because of the blood constantly pouring from her mouth. She vomited blood, coughed, and her voice became tattered. She looked terrible at the moment.

Until she finally couldn't hold it, her head was stunned and she fainted.

At that moment, he felt his heart stopped beating.

He was terrified. He had never been so scared. He was holding her face, all the blood vomiting from her mouth was spitting in his palm, flowing down the fingers, his voice was trembling: "Ye Wei, sorry -- I know -- I know it's you! "

"I didn't recognize the wrong person, Ye Wei, please wake up, I didn't recognize the wrong person!

"Did you hear me? I didn't recognize the wrong person!

"I know it's you, really, this time I didn't recognize the wrong person.

"You are Ye Wei!

"Ye Wei, Ye Wei-!"

He never thought that one day, he would see Ye Wei lying on the ground with her body full of wounds. He could no longer see the fact that had been so beautiful, could not longer see her lovely appearance. Her eyes were sealed tight, with her lashes stained with blood ...

Ye Wei could die at any time.

He was scared. He was afraid that Ye Wei would die like this. He was afraid that Ye Wei would leave him forever.

At this moment, Xu Chi's fear and fear of losing Ye Wei have taken over everything, making him think of nothing but Ye Wei.

When the ambulance finally arrived, Ye Wei was placed on the stretcher and carried on the ambulance. He followed closely and did not blink, fearing that Ye Wei would disappear if he followed the wrong eye.

Liang Ruowei was also lifted up. She lay on a stretcher, looking up at him sadly, "Xu Chi ..."

Xu Chichen looked at Liang Ruowei. Only now did he finally remember Liang Ruowei. He saw her calling his name, saw the guilt and fear on her face.

He looked at her, and suddenly felt that the gap between Ye Wei and Liang Ruowei was obvious. Apart from their similar appearances, they were two entirely different people. They had different hobbies and personalities. Why did he treat Ye Wei as though she was Liang Ruowei's stand-in? Was it just because they look alike? Why did he impose all of Liang Ruowei's hobbies on Ye Wei?

How unfair he was to Ye Wei is.

Liang Ruowei looked at Xu Chi's dull appearance. She didn't stay too long, and was quickly carried into an ambulance. The door was closed, and Xu Chi's figure disappeared completely.

The ambulance roared away.

Xu Chi grew up with his grandfather. Although he didn’t have father and mother, he didn’t even know what it was like to have father and mother. Sometimes he also admired the parents of others who had father and mother, but he only had his grandfather.

Xu Chi's grandfather was very strict with him and always asked him to learn all kinds of things. In addition to studying, he would be sent to army training cap even in the winter and summer vacations. Grandpa said that he hoped that he would have enough ability to protect himself. No matter how difficult it was, Xu Chi had to find a way to survive.

Although Grandpa was tough, he also gave him enough love, so that his growth was not stunted. so Xu Chi grew up with the grandfather's expectations and education. He always thought he was strong. He could already face any difficulties and nothing could bring him down.

This is indeed the case. He is firm enough and strong enough. He met and fulfilled all of his grandfather's expectations, which made him very confident in himself.

He thought that he would not make any mistakes -- even when Ye Wei became just a stand-in for his lost girlfriend, Liang Ryowei.

He was also sure that he did not truly love Ye Wei.

Ye Wei is not Ye Wei to him. She was just another version of Liang Ruowei -- a stand-in that he wanted to see when he thought about Liang Ruowei.

He was too confident, thinking that his thoughts would never change, so he never faced Ye Wei honestly -- or faced his own changing feelings for Ye Wei.

So when Ye Wei found out that she was just a substitute for Liang Ruowei, after Ye Wei found out that he had never liked her before, he had become flustered. He thought that fluster and pain was out of guilt and self-blame, so he sought out her forgiveness. Yet he never thought that he was afraid that Ye Wei, who finally knew the truth, would be angry with him... would hate him... would not forgive him... and would finally leave him.

He never thought he would love Ye Wei.

...When did he begin to love Ye Wei?

Did he even love Ye Wei?

He stood blankly in the operating room. He couldn't remember when he started to love her. Gradually, Ye Wei was no longer Liang Ruowei's stand-in for him. Ye Wei was just Ye Wei. It turned out that he had already fallen in love unconsciously, without even realizing it.

The moment he saw Ye Wei was about to die, he finally discovered that he was in love with Ye Wei. He didn't want her to die or to disappear into his world forever. And yet, since his realization, he realized he could not see or hear or touch her.

He didn't want Ye Wei to exist only in his memory.

At this moment, he even felt that he could bear it if Ye Wei would never forgive him, if she ended up with Zhao Qui, as long as she could live well and happily.

As long as she can live, let him do anything.

He found himself covering his heart, the pain almost choking him.

He watched the doctors and nurses come in and out, watched Ye Wei's parents, brother and sister-in-law came, and he saw their crying red eyes and saw them sign the critical notice.

He waited one day and one night outside the operating room. The time was stretched so long, that waiting every minute and every second became extremely difficult and his heart seemed to be on fire. Time passed quickly, as if it was just a blink of an eye. Eventually, the doctor came out and told him that although the operation was successful... the trauma to Ye Wei's brain would never allow her to wake up again.

He waited one day after the next but Ye Wei never woke up.

She simply lay quietly on the bed, unable to continue her life.

Because of his selfishness, Ye Wei's time was forever gone.

At long last, how could he not know how important Ye Wei is to him? As slow as he was, he finally realized that Ye Wei was not just a substitute for him.

He loved Ye Wei but even at her dying moment, Ye Wei mistakenly thought he had confessed his love to another person.

Even as she lay dying, she thought she was just a stand-in for him.

She would never know that he loved her.

She would never, ever know.

Even though the ML of this story was truly a selfish asshole, I ended up feeling sorry for him... damn did the author do a good job portraying his intense regret over all the ways he hurt Ye Wei... and all the ways he ended up destroying any possibility of happiness between them!

donaiseiyuu, LaMuerte, kari and 21 others like this.
  6. colk

colk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PLS MORE. DON'T STO P THIS ARC IS G I V I N G ME L I F E
    Are there any more fav bits that you want to share/highlight?????

7. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG, I just finished Arc 5, the one where Ye Wei is the "switched-at-birth" anti-villain who grew up being abused in a rural village while her "sister" grows up as a "princess" in a rich family. And I am full-on ugly crying right now because goddamn, it hurts so bad seeing how poor Ye Wei is initially rejected by her family, humiliated for her poor origins, only gradually wins them over, shows her goddamn brother, fake sister and a bunch of other people how miserable her life is in the rural village where only her grandma cares for her, ends up selling a kidney to her biological parents because she finally gives up on them, and then ends up dying herself along with her grandma.

I'm seriously... I am full on ugly tears weeping over her, the whole arc hurt so good. There was no romance at all but the family dynamics felt so damn painfully real.

And omg, the FL (Ye Ying, the other swapped daughter) is the worst. The absolute woooooooooorst! I know MANY FLs are often pretty damn brainless and bratty but this Ye Ying really takes the cake. The FL (Ye Ying, the daughter she got swapped with) is the whole reason why Ye Wei was never reunited with the Ye family until the start of the story. Right after the Ye family learned that the FL wasn't biologically their child but Ye Wei was, they originally wanted to reunited with Ye Wei. But the FL basically turned on the water-works and cried about having Ye Wei come back home and take her place... so the entire sh!tty biological family basically decided to just throw some money at Ye Wei's rural adopted family (who of course embezzled that money) instead of ever seeing their actual biological daughter. Ye Wei has to literal threaten to commit suicide if she wasn't allowed to see her biological family again before this pack of a$$holes finally allow her to visit them.

Of course, that's not even the worst thing Ye Ying (FL) does. Even after learning about how hard Ye Wei's life was in the mountains, where Ye Wei was worked non-stop and treated like a slave by her adoptive "family," Ye Ying constantly whines about everyone's attention being off of her. She gets upset every time anyone shows Ye Wei the least bit of sympathy because she wants everyone to love her and her alone. I just wanted to kick Ye Ying in the face constantly for not having even a moment of sympathy for Ye Wei's suffering!

I just LOVED that moment at the end where Ye Ying realizes that the family that mindlessly doted on her -- and the ML who used to endlessly pamper her -- finally stopped fawning over her after Ye Wei's death. The last part of the story, where Ye Ying realizes that she'll never again be seen as the "innocent" good girl, is incredibly powerful. Here's my edited version of it. (Though really, you should read the whole arc -- it is so GOOD and will make you cry your EYES OUT).

Ye Tao (Ye Wei's biological brother) hummed again and said, "Ye Ying (FL & sister who took Ye Wei's place), don't come [back to the Ye home] for the time being. Our parents can't forget Ye Wei. They see you and they will remember what happened before [namely, that Ye Wei died of kidney failure right when they finally visited her in the rural mountains for grandma's funeral] ... Seeing you will make them feel even more pain."

Ye Ying froze, and said with red eyes, "I will make my parents feel more pain? Was it because I did not let my parents receive my sister for the first time, they blame me, blame me...?"

Ye Tao's look at Ye Ying was strange and filled with doubt: "Ying Ying, if you really wanted your parents to take Ye Wei home, you wouldn't disagree [and manipulate them with your tears]. But you didn't want change, you wanted to keep everything as it is. If you really want Ye Wei to come back to the Ye home, if you really felt bad about Ye Wei's life apart from the family, even if your parents made that decision to keep her away, you could have refuse that decision, couldn't you? As long as you refused, Ye Wei could have come home to us in the first place... "

Ye Ying didn't expect Ye Tao to say these words. She looked pale, as if something hidden in her heart had been pierced. "Brother, are you blaming me now? Blame me for not letting my sister go home [at the very start of the story]?"

"Yes, I blame you. In fact, I not only blame you, I also blame myself, my father and my mother. Each of us is responsible for Ye Wei's death. And not only did we push Ye Wei to suicide, you did too." Ye Tao said, "Yingying, what happened occurred because of the decisions we all made. Do you finally accept that truth too? So Ye Wei hated you and hated us for a very good reason. We are all wrong [in keeping her from the Ye home once we learned about the birth mix-up].”

Ye Ying looked at Ye Tao in front of her. For the first time, she found that Ye Tao had lost that gentleness that he always treated her with -- that he could seem so indifferent and sharp. This look made her faintly see Ye Wei, who also used to look at her with this kind of look. That clear look of contempt, as though Ye Ying was overly complacent.

She bit her lip and suddenly saw Ye Shicheng (the biological father who Ye Wei donated a kidney to, thus dying from kidney failure) standing by the window on the second floor.

She didn't know how long he stood there silently. When she looked over, she wanted to call her father, but Ye Shicheng looked at her, then turned around and walked away.

Ye Ying looked sadly at the empty window for a while.

Ye Ying knew that if she didn’t cry and didn’t fear that Ye Wei would come back and rob her of her parents, if she didn’t behave like she was so upset, if she didn’t fear returning to the small village her real family came from, if she didn't fear of losing everything in sight to Ye Wei...

Then Ye Wei would have returned to Ye ’s house as soon as the parents learned about the mix-up in their children. The Ye family was so good and kind. They would have treated Ye Wei well and taught her carefully. Even if Ye Wei had come sick, Ye's family could have given her the best medical treatments imaginable. Then Ye Wei could have had a long and happy life.

Instead, desperate and helpless, she had died at eighteen in Chenjiagou (the rural village she was exiled to).

Ye Ying didn't want to admit that she could really be so cruel, that her moment of selfish desire made Ye Wei unable to return home to the Ye family and thus, save her life.

She left the Ye house in poor spirits and ended up frequently distracted thereafter. She had so much distress in her heart, even if she didn't want to face it, because she knew that she was part of the reason why Ye Wei was dead. Her mother, father, and brother would not forgive themselves for what they did to Ye Wei -- but they would not forgive her either.

Because they were ultimately all the culprits who killed Ye Wei and no one could escape their guilt!

Ye Ying endured and endured this pain, until she finally couldn't help talking to Zhang Yu (ML who always comforted the FL) about her sadness. Maybe she wanted Zhang Yu to comfort her, or she wanted someone to tell her that she shouldn't be blamed for all that had happened to Ye Wei.

But all Zhang Yu could do was look at the helpless Ye Ying. He felt complicated himself. He wanted to comfort her and yet he was too upset himself by Ye Wei's death, which made him unable to say anything for a while.

Jiang Fei (friend that also visited Ye Wei's biological family and saw how miserable she was) floated out from behind: "It's not just Ye Shicheng (Ye Wei's rich biological father) and Wang Hui (Ye Wei's rich biological mother) who think of Ye Wei when they see you. Even when I see you, I think of her. Zhang Yu (ML), don't you also think of Ye Wei when you see Ye Ying?"

Zhang Yu: "Yes." When he saw Ye Ying, he thought of Ye Wei. In fact, even if he didn't see Ye Ying, he would think of Ye Wei. It was strange since he didn't have much contact with Ye Wei, and he had at first hated Ye Wei. He had in fact even though Ye Wei was a terrible person who unfairly targeted Ye Ying.

Jiang Fei shrugged: "Look, Ye Ying, who can see you and not think of Ye Wei?"

Ye Ying: "..."

So will she live under Ye Wei's shadow all her life?

In the eyes of others, will she forever live as the person who killed Ye Wei?

If you want to read it yourself, you can go the whole Arc 5 through the MTL from chapters 73 to 94 here. The grammar is a little garbled but the story-line is simple to follow and it's pretty easy to get the jist of the entire story -- as well as Ye Wei's great slap-backs to the selfish family who basically abandoned her.

Seriously, this arc is one of the BEST and most HEART-BREAKING arcs I've ever read in a system novel. It's a must-read if you want some hard-core tragedy in your life!

donaiseiyuu, Aquaa, Xi-hime and 14 others like this.
  8. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you for these summaries. Now I could revisit the feelings each arc gave me without rereading everything.

I actually love the second arc ending. I felt like it gave justice to those blindly in love canon fodders.

Stereotypes always shows them as vicious, yandere, and scheming, giving the MCs innocent halos. In fact, if you remove all the sugar coating, it's just another story of derailment and the mistress. I especially hate the MLs who cannot clear themselves of all strings before falling in love, as if saying 'it's all just business','it's the parents that decided','I never thought of her as my fiancee', is all enough to be a good excuse.

I love MC's relationship with her comrade canon fodder. Kexin knows Mc's viciousness and she too, likes the ML, but in the end of the story, she's more invested towards the MC.

9. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil the other arcs you read? By the way, is this story being translated?

10. CreamPuffu

CreamPuffu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arc 5 is my fav arc of all cuz it about family.

FL is similar to Jennette from wmmp, they're too innocent to the point of brainless and even selfishness. Really, FL thinks even if she is not their (rich fam) real daughter, they're grow up together as real family and apply this logic to MC situation w/o seriously looking in to what MC thought. FL and her family even blame MC that she so ungrateful of her adoptive family who's raising her since birth. Meh.

Actually ML isn't bad. He just took FL side cuz they're friend for years compare to MC who's suddenly appeared (plus FL's ugly tears). He change his view of MC later as he know more about her situation, well he's even kept the lecture for MC when she missing class after she sold her kidney to her real dad and went back to her hometown w/o going back to school anymore (note that Ye Wei said she love going to school the most cuz she doesn't had a chance to do more when her family prefer her brother more than her, they plan to use her school fee for her bro marriage in future, speechless) MC tell him maybe one day she might go back to learn.. But never cuz she died UwU

I didn't check on the last chapter yet so I'm grateful if someone tell us more about it, thx :blobReach:

11. Shimozuki Yue

Reading List:
    Link
    So because of the excitement brought by everyone's spoiler summaries, I went to check the MTL site. So IDK if anyone spoil it already but there's a new chapter posted two days ago I think. (Edit: It seems like it was only updated late.)

It's about Ye Wei's cousin POV (mostly) plus Shen Lingling (fake!protag of MC's orig!world).

So after O!ML got out of the plane's plot control, he decisively divorced SLL. The Cinderella went back to being ordinary and YX just felt tired suddenly.

YX realized that her world revolves around YW too much. In her sudden enlightenment, she missed the medical system and tried to remember. From then on, she started to study medicine seriously.

SLL tried to speak to her but she cut her off saying that although YW has her own hypocrisy, she's at least prank but SLL was just straight out fake (pretending to complain about O!ML gifts when she's actually boasting) and that they are not friends.

SLL tried not to divorce O!ML telling him she loves him and that it's impossible that they didn't have feelings after getting along for yrs. O!ML questions her of she really loved him or that she loves his family and the unique way he loves YW. O!ML didn't buy her bullsht. After getting out of the direction of the plot, O!ML was too smart for SLL.

Years later, YX successfully healed a vegetative person and got acknowledged in her field. Her mother-in-law and husband gets along with her just fine.

SLL was not happy with the news. In the original plot, YX was just another canon fodder who led a miserable life. She tried to contact her but her message got drown in the sea of congratulating messages on YX's inbox.

YX went back to Ye house for a reunion(?). She wanted to say thank you to YW for not erasing the memory of the medical system but as she treated YW as her imaginary enemy for 20yrs, she didn't know what to say. YW think to herself that she wasn't so kind and the reason she left a way out for YX was only because she took care of the Ye parents.

YX saw a guest in the house, looking as her with indifference. It's been long since someone did that to her after being recognized.

The guy was lazy and didn't act like a visitor but has resemblances to YW that they acted with elegance like nobles (rich people whatever term that is). But then he has no parents and actually jobless.

YW introduced him as a friend while YX thought YW will definitely not be with someone unequal.

Mother Ye was happy though. If you can't marry your daughter out, you can still marry a son-in-law in!

The guy is Jiang Fei. *wink wink*

The chapter says 'finish' so I guess it really ends. *cries*

*Edit: So I reread JF's extra and boy, he was so sure YW was going to hell! Hahahahaha. He was so calm when he died, his mother wants to beat him. XD

Aquaa, Marane101, Xi-hime and 9 others like this.
  12. CreamPuffu

CreamPuffu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Now this clear all my question in the last arc :blobmelt:
    Ps. SLL still blind..meh

Shimozuki Yue likes this.
  13. Shimozuki Yue

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, she didn't improved. She got a villa and money out of the divorce but after some yrs of not improving, she was able to make herself poor.

-------

It's kind of nice that O!ML's mother was the one who disagree with the divorce. She pointed out how O!ML married when he says marry even when she doesn't like it and then says divorce just cause. She was so mad at O!ML seemingly scum ways, saying she didn't raise him that way. I like it as it implies that she wasn't against the marriage to be just antagonistic but she take the marriage seriously, maybe even more than the O!ML. It sheds a bit of light to evil mother-in-law characters.

I like the author take on both YW and O!ML after they were aware of their fate. It might be me reading further between the lines, but when both of them turn to be more concern about the truth rather than their supposed feelings, it implied to me that what they are hung up on wasn't the 'what ifs' or 'you're my original love', but rather, on whether everything was real and not just a plot imposed on them like puppets.

After YW said to O!ML that 'you are you' and 'I'm me' and the narration says the fog clears up, I think that was when they got liberated. They didn't entangle with each other and finally become their own reality.

(Mostly on O!ML part as YW was wake enough since coming back.)

It was only SLL who was hung up on the plot (taking plot points and copying the YW on the book) and didn't see anyone as real. That's also why she is forever anxious. It wasn't real for her so how could she treat anyone more than characters.

That's why O!ML question whether she loves him or the him in the book that loves YW. And that her love was all a calculation.

YW says that while SLL become the her on the novel, YW herself become different. Later O!ML also change, returning into cool and cold guy but unlike common CEO type, his EQ wasn't in negative. All I can say is that they were real in their world. It usually the transmigrator learning the world and people are real but I like the reverse approach where it was the people living in it wrestling out of the plot and learning they are their ownselves.

There's a lot of things I love about this novel and wish to continue but good things are short.

14. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the novel really completed and ended on an open-ending with Jiang Fei?!!

15. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this novel going to be translated?

16. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    It already has a NU page and someone requested to pick up the project, so I handed it over to them.

17. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like an interesting novel but, the [lot of the villainesses waking up actually sounds better. It would also have been nice if there was actual retribution.
    Biological family falls to ruin when word gets out about what they did to real daughter
    Villain real son destroys adopted brother and father. Hell I'd read that as a stand alone
    Original gf family gets ruined all over again, ML drinks himself to death
    etc

It's just too easy to get past emotional damage

Xi-hime and Shimozuki Yue like this.
  18. Shimozuki Yue

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really a revenge story per see. It's more of a diss to the common troupe in my description.

MC didn't changed the characters she is playing as but rather made those so called children of fate realize they have a pit in their head. For example on the first arc, everyone is human, so what if she rather choose to save herself? Does choosing herself over a man she doesn't share deep love with, wrong? It's not like he would save her either if swapped. Everyone that judged her because of her choices were hypocrites.

We have too much revenge plots that I like this plot. Of course, we all have different taste.

19. elaii03

elaii03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is this not 1v1 ?

20. sharlnina

sharlnina Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it finished or nah on Chapter 133?
    If yes, what kind of ending was that?