LCD God of Cooking

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Xian Ni, May 2, 2016.

1. IllidanStormrage

IllidanStormrage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. clmbheat

clmbheat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His appearance isn't my problem with it, its his personality really. Minjoon is supposed to be mature and put together and the web toon is showing him to be shy and floundering.

TheBookWorm likes this.
  3. . .

. . Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot pre-time travel minjoon though. Is his personality pre-time travel changed from the novel?

4. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like it. Pre-time travel minjoon was quiet and did what his parents agreed was a good job, being a teacher. But he wasn't like that in web toon, in it he was shy and whimsy. If the next chapter it keeps him like that i will just drop it and only focus on the novel.

5. lucaman

lucaman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    3 more month i can't wait my last book

6. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the second chapter of the webtoon and its not bad but something feels off. Yes there are things omitted to keep it from being split into more chapters and obviously the system didn't tell minjoon to go to grand chef but for the sake of speed on the artist part I can tolerate it. How minjoon deals with things next will really tell me if they are making him be an idiot MC or no

GoneGretel and cosmosg like this.
  7. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not just with the pacing and the narrative changes but maybe because the art is kinda horrible?

The textures and the 3D models are awful. My god are those really wood on the floors? Why are there windows in front of windows? Is the table just a floating board on two cylinders? They don't just use awful 3D models for simple things like plates? Look at the jaggy edges.

The 3D models and the hand drawn art didn't work together. That table of food just looks really off. It is like the food are cut outs. The characters would also become very cartoonish but the backgrounds don't receive the same attention and they just look off.

The character designs and art themselves are bad. They delve into the uncanny. Realistic characters would have cartoonish expressions or cartoonish heads on top on realistic bodies. Min-joon's face is especially disturbing to look at sometimes. There was this page where Min-joon is lying on the floor and it looks like he twisted his neck. The poses of the characters, especially when drawn realistically, are really stiff.

The direction and designs of the scenes is awful. There are no crowds. The streets and buildings are empty. Everything looks deserted. The interiors are really empty too, absent of any personality and typical clutter. Not to mention, it looks like they just randomly fill the room without any consideration for the design. They are just so lazy.

The art is just really bad.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    nuttyreader, GoneGretel and clmbheat like this.
  8. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt notice most of the art problems except for Minjoons face but yeah after looking it is freaking me out. So both the way they are trying to show the plot and the art suck and damn it I'm sad now

GoneGretel likes this.
  9. xxlhca

xxlhca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They seriously botched the art and his demeanor but at least they didn't f the whole story up like top management's drama

GoneGretel and clmbheat like this.
  10. xxlhca

xxlhca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was so excited when I saw it pop up on my mangadex followings but now I'm just disappointed.

clmbheat likes this.
  11. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't watch Top Managements drama, how bad was it and did they keep any of the supernatural abilities? Well we don't know if they have botched the story yet. We may find out with the next few chapters. Specially if they diverge too much in the grand chef plot.

12. xxlhca

xxlhca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The concept of 'forseeing the future' is still there, but the drama reversed the gender roles to attract female viewers. That just wrecked everything for me since my favourite aspect of TM was our MC, Sunwoo and Minjoon have my favourite character traits; cool-headed, calm but shows a soft side to their s/o. And he was replaced with some girl who literally I do not care about. They focused on only the first 'Neptune' arc, from where I watched up to anyways.

And MY GOD they got rid of Lee Songha and put Cha Eunwoo instead like how could they - he's adorable but idc I loved Lee Songha :(
    Sorry I was really mad when I watched it and I'm still triggered lol

Minjoon being so expressive already kills my expectations for the manhwa. I love reading about MCs who are calm and collected on the outside bc expressive MCs remind me of dense harem protagonists and make my blood boil ... it's probably just me tho lol

DeyDey, GoneGretel and clmbheat like this.
  13. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that sounds bad. I may go see it since it's on youtube but I won't hold my breath.

xxlhca likes this.
  14. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 for the webtoon is out and while the art and pacing are abysmal they didnt change a lot for the story itself. The only wierd thing for me is that Joseph is Asian now. Thought he was a westerner or something but w.e not really a deal breaker. I may not drop it and will think of it as a separate work from the novel.
    Edit: if they don't fuck up Kaya, Anderson and Chloe

15. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    New manga chapter out. Kaya appeared...:eek:

16. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel she is supposed to be blond right? Or did I read it wrong?

17. xxlhca

xxlhca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All I want is for the manhwa to get another artist like TLMS

GoneGretel and userunfriendly like this.
  18. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Im just grateful that SOMEONE is doing it.:aww:

clmbheat likes this.
  19. GoneGretel

GoneGretel Sequence 8: Student of Ratiocination

Reading List:
    Link
    same here.. there are currently 40ish chapters in kakao and I've seen minjoon drawn in enlarged nostrils, duckface, monkey face (kinda remind me of Nobita in Doraemon) :facepalm:.
    The portrayal of characters in tge manhua lean more on the comedic genre.. the cooking ingredients were drawn fine but as to the actual dish.. i think it doesn't even come close with the other cooking manga I've read..
    Is Minjoon's plating that bad during the early round... i don't find the fish (and succeeding dishes) appetizing at all:blobexpressionless:

clmbheat likes this.
  20. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the few things they get right is that Minjoon is bad at plating. But yeah i think the webtoon is going to go with more comedy and less drama then the novel. Which sucks since i read the novel for the drama and how the characters grow.

xjdifyx likes this.