Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Nanabruyns

Nanabruyns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the most recent update, is the green haired princess the sister of the prince Rachel ends u marrying?

I read in a previous spoiler that Rachel ends up marrying a foreign prince called Ali and we are shown in the manwha that the crown prince of the neighborhood country is called Ali. He is also described in the novel as having greenish hair just like the foreign princess we saw in the manwha.

Does Rachel marry him as some kind of alliance between the Kaiserreich and the foreign country? As the princess said that her father was planning on invading the kaiserreich because their power had been deteriorating.

And is the visit Nora and Shuri make to a foreign country where they have their first kiss on a political excursion to talk about this alliance?

I guess at this point Nora has committed to being Shuri’s knight right? Wich is why he accompanied her to a foreign country.

This would make sense that Shuri is able to calm the war between the two countries as she has become friends with the royal princess.

It does seem a bit sad if it was something decided without Rachel’s consent tho Though I know Shuri wouldn’t force her so my guess is that Rachel actually loves Ali...

But since the Kaiserreich has no princesses it’s logical a marriage partner would have to be chosen from another influential family.
    Nora is also the only child of the Duke.

I have so many questionsss
    It’s all just a theory tho but It seems to fit pretty well

2. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a little pet peeve/additional non-essential information on German Christmas celebrations:
    We actually exchange presents and celebrate on the 24th at night around dinner (and most would go to christmas mass straight after until midnight or something), so the entire scene were the kids come down in the morning to find their presents is the result of someone watching too many American movies hahaha
    Also, while it is true that Christmas in the German-speaking countries does not involve Santa Claus, there is also no Saint Clarina (or whatever they were calling her). We actually have our presents delivered by "Christkind", which is essentially a blond little angle representing baby Jesus or something.

3. lucefer

lucefer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's my spoiler. And yeah she will be the future in-law with Shuri. The country named Sapa or Sabal something.
    Rachel comes with Shuri to the country, she and Ali fall for each others, and Ali has to wait until the Civil war end to propose to Rachel.
    Shuri comes to Sapa follow the emperor's order to neutralize the Cold war, actually they against the Vatican. But Shuri tries to create a division between Sapa and the Empire, and Ali's father, the King cooperates with her. Nora'll work under this division. Since they have the same enemy: The Pope.

Extra: Rachel pours tea on to Ohara when she tried to insult Shuri. The twin hates her

Like side story that was posted before, she was strangled by Jeremy when he found out the truth.
    At first she hates Shuri, but during the Civil war, she comes to Elias and confesses that her father joined hand with the Pope to kill Shuri. Thanks to her, Elias with Nora come to save Shuri from mercenaries, Jeremy also admits that she helps them recuse Shuri.
    Elias protects her and her family when the Duke dorm fall.
    When Elias wants to marry her, Nora and Jeremy goes against it. Later Jeremy advised him to work harder if he wants Nora's acceptance. Elias objected strongly against Nora and Shuri, so....

He's known for his weak and nervous personality.
    Like Nora, he was a victim of the 1st prince, the 1st causes a lot of misunderstood between him and his parents (yup, even with his mom, I don't know why the 1st prince is such a trash, when both of his parents are decent person). Due to his complex, he's gathering with some similar young nobles, including Elias, gambling every night. 1st prince knew this and encouraged him. When Jeremy and Nora mashed the guild and inform him that it's may involved with treason, they dismissed the guild. After that he becomes close with Elias, since they both good at archery, and usually visits Shuri's household to play with Elias. He also follows Nora to learn swordsmanship.
    Later he'll be crown emperor by his uncle, the Duke

Her brother will be killed by Nora during gambling executed.
    Her father later comes to find Shuri but met Nora, they fought and he died.
    Her mother later appears again during the Holy trial as a witness for the Pope's side to go against her.

Later he'll create a screen provoked Jeremy to attack the 1st prince.
    He also tries to poison Nora when they go to Sabal using a poison that was used to assassinate the Pope called Cantarella. And in this event Shuri realizes her feeling for Nora. She informed his father, then he confronted the church tried to kill his son and their authority droped dramatically.
    He then kidnaps Shuri and lock her in cardinal's residence, the Pope planned to burn her alive as an example, but he said he can save her by cut ties with the world and be with him (sick much). I don't really clear this part, but Shuri kicked him with a self-defense she learnt from Jeremy, wrap the tapestry, and jump out of the window. And with Shuri's kidnapping the Civil war begin.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Ahmya, M30WWWW, Daphne03 and 116 others like this.
  4. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, do we get a reason why the MC is the political linchpin to everything?
    I get the cardinal's deal. Repressed sexuality and him transferring his hangups with the previous empress onto Shuli. I can also get him being butthurt that a woman dare be an active presence in politics, especially as she actually makes wise decisions that trips up the church's attempts to force the nobles into a misstep.
    That the church is in general trying to flex on the crown I also get. As much as they spout divine will and everything, the church (historically and in the manga) is just as much a secular political entity as the royals and nobility. They basically want to just replace the king with the pope.
    But how does going after Shuli specifically help the church's plans? Is her position as Marchioness really that powerful? I get the Duke family and Nora being targeted. Duke is the highest title just below royalty and the current empress is the duke's sister. They're the crown's biggest backers. Is it just that the Marquee title and lands are just that rich? I get that the old Marquee was close friends with the king and Duke, but I don't see taking her out being a logical step to toppling the authority of the crown. It makes a little more sense in this timeline if Shuli helps make diplomatic ties, but in the previous life she was about to just quietly retire, so...?

5. lucefer

lucefer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you read the manhwa careful, Shuri is the top nobles and she has right to decide and vote for big decisions. She suggested ideal that go against the church's will and kind of blocking their way to extend their power. She also gains many favors from other nobles, meaning she has her own faction and can stand against the church. So they tried to destroy her reputation by many trials and false calumny. After the Civil war she was seen as the most powerful person in the empire, even more than the newly crown emperor. Her daughter married the neighbor crown prince, her husband is future Duke, her oldest son is future Marquis, she has close connection with the queen and new emperor. So....

And ranking doesn't equal with wealth and army power. The marquis house is one of the three most important houses in the empire, and she has Nora, the future Duke also from the three important houses, as her knight and obviously extremely loyal to her. So you kind of underestimate her position.

6. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so I got the timeline wrong? I thought her pairing up with Nora and Rachel pairing with the foreign king happened after things with the church got wrapped up.

Right now all we’ve really seen is Shuli going “Oh, the church is pulling funding? Okay, I’ll pay out of pocket”. Which ruined their expectations, but really wasn’t against the church and she was pretty conciliatory towards them. Does she introduce or support some other decision that lowers church authority?

Just right now it seems she’s just barely solidified her position, and is still getting support from the king and Duke. Like I said, if she starts acting as a diplomat it makes more sense for Shuli to be marked as someone to take out. And there doesn’t seem to be any reason in her first life as she never really achieved any good standing from what we’ve seen. As of right now, I’m not seeing how taking her out will weaken the crown, unless we can assume she gets way more politically involved in the coming chapters.

Edit: I think it’s been said that her house is one of the richest. Do they also have a relatively big number of soldiers under them (we’ve seen a bunch of knights, but I don’t think it’s been said how that compares to other nobles)?
    And how does she get the position of diplomatic envoy? Is it just because she’s acquainted with the princess?

Amanda16, Xi-hime, Th.ay and 2 others like this.
  7. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that last part with the cardinal is literally 1 to 1 with Judge Claude Frollo.

What's the 1st Crown Prince's relationship with his parents?

Ariawolfgar and Jukki like this.
  8. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I may be wrong, but from what I noticed in the adaptation, they were just so rich that Shuli initiating to pay for it once the church backed down wasn't that surprising (since they really COULD pull it off on their own).

9. Nanabruyns

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that great. His mother died giving birth to him and his father was so heartbroken he could never get himself to love him. Especially since he's a boy and looks more like himself and not like his precious wife at all. He only looks like his mother when he looks sad, wich is why the Duke (who also was in love with his mother) let's him get away with everything. (believing him over his own son Nora)

He was pretty much raised by the servants which he received a lot of love from because he was a very cute child.
    The new queen didn’t like him at first since she hated his mother and doesn’t love the king (her husband)

this is where his obsession with attention comes from. Being neglected and then having to act like a cute child in order to get any love.
    Also he noticed he could get away with pretty much anything by acting innocent. As seen with the duke, which is just sad tbh.

His relationship with Elizabeth (new queen) does improve but only because he schemes a lot and acts like this perfect son just to get her attention. Even until the point of stealing favour of his little brother, Elizabeth’s actual son.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  10. Nanabruyns

Reading List:
    Link
    The official engagement is after the civil war but the visit to the Sabal kingdom happens before the civil war. It's the poisoning of Nora and the abduction of Shuri that utimately leads to the civil war after all. Only after the war is over does Ali propose to Rachel :)

Though this does seem pretty harmless. Elizabeth, the queen does say that them pulling funding was propably a way for the church to just keep more money to themselves and now that Shuri asked for evidence of their 'relief' of the people she did mess up their greedy plans a bit. But even then Elizabeth says that even with these conditions they'll propably organize a quick relief for the people and still pocket a large sum of the money.

Here you can kinda see that there are already a lot of tensions between the royal family and the Vatican. As the vatican are very proud and act very mighty and boss the nobles and royal family around under disguise of being on the side of the people when they obviously aren't.

So yes her house is already one of the most powerfull ones but I do guess that there will be more instances where she solidifies her position as a strong diplomat.

Since she's a Marchioness she has a sizeable 'army' I guess but it's mentioned she creates her own faction of Nobles and combined the number of soldiers is propably quite large. I'm not so sure if the Chastity trial (the second life one) happens before she goes to Sabal but that would make sense since the Queen starts to like Shuri quite a lot after this. And I think her power grows quite a bit after she proves herself in this trial. And then her friendship with Sabal's princess seems a good enough reason for the royal family to trust her enough to help cool down the cold war.After all this her role in the country's diplomacy is pretty big.

11. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the princess looks older than Shuli, how old might the brother prince be? And be engage to Rachel?

Zenonide likes this.
  12. Nanabruyns

Reading List:
    Link
    He's younger than the princess for sure since in the raw the princess refers to him as ' dongsaeng' which means younger sibling. But how much younger is unclear. I do think he is propably a bit older than Rachel.

ardills, augacutan, its0k and 8 others like this.
  13. ColouredBows

ColouredBows Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone please give us more Shulli x Nora interactions :aww:

Lillynumber2 and Jukki like this.
  14. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just noticed that the first life Nora has such a humble wish of being someone's knight. And that it was fulfilled in the current timeline made me sob happily.

Speaking of, I wonder how the other character reacted when he become shuli's knight. A duke heir swearing loyalty to a marchioness. That's quite an image. Usually upper nobles who decided to be knights swears to the royalty.

15. Hynmnstr

Hynmnstr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Vivixoxo Can you please share with us more about nora X shuli moment please:LOL::LOL::LOL::love:
    Thanks in advance. Always looking forward for your spoiler:love::love::blobnosebleed:

16. KaguraChan

KaguraChan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we want noraxshuli spoilers

17. KaguraChan

KaguraChan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wonder if shuli and the kids are still together after the first trial? *gib me some SpOiLerS onnegai :cry:*

manvugu and IceQueenRinne1234 like this.
  18. Megsztr

Megsztr New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys... I stayed up all night (I mean from around 4 am ish) and finished the chapters we have so far. I- I don't think I've ever worried about the characters to this extent (I mean it's not even that much but I teared up a few times).

The drawing style, emotions, relationships, the politics, the MC's resilient character... I can't wait to see more even if at this point we know what happens from A to Z because of spoilers.

19. Vivixoxo

Vivixoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's Shuli and Nora's honeymoon chapter! Sorry for the long wait. There were a few problems and I ended up losing the book source halfway through (thanks Kakaopage ;c) so this isn't a full translation. This is more of a detailed summary with a few snippets of some parts of the chapter that I was able to translate. Again, it is not 100% accurate. Enjoy! ;)

Side Story 1: Honeymoon

The chapter begins with Jeremy reading a letter from Nora, who is on his honeymoon with Shuli.

You complain so much about me writing you a letter and yet you are reluctant to write one. The climate of the port city seems to suit my sister. That's a relief. We're both playing so well, and not even thinking about sleeping. Who taught you the habit of disturbing your parents on their honeymoon? Go out and get some air and meet other people, stupid sons. Since this is the last reply, it would be useless to write another letter.

p. s. Jeremy, don't sit with your legs up on the table.

"This, this, this... son of a bitch....!!!"

Warak! In Jeremy's glorious hand, a crumpled letter fell to the floor. Jeremy gave a loud shout while lightly lowering his long legs that were spread across the coffee table.

It was natural that the Lord of the Lion, the Lion of Nuevanstein, has frightened not only the workers but also his brothers who were about to prepare for the day with their sleepy eyes.

"What is it?! What's going on?! Huh?!"

"Did something happened to my mom?!"

Jeremy did not answer his brothers, who ran out in their pajamas in a panic. So Elias, who briefly exchanged glances with Leon, picked up a piece of paper rolling at his brother's feet and began to read it.

"Let me see, you little......what. What is this? What the fuck are you doing?! What son?! Who's the son of who?!"

Elias and Jeremy began to put the blame on each other while looking at the letter. Leon, who had the most common-sense among the three brothers had a puzzled look.

“It's all because you write letters like this and now he's trying to piss us off!

As Jeremy is arguing with Elias over the letter, he complains about how his beloved mother Shuli didn't write him a letter and thinks that it's Nora's fault. Robert (the butler) tells him what kind of person would contact their children on their honeymoon.

The next part skips to Shuli and Nora, who are vacationing in a port city called Emden. The city has become a tourist destination filled with a festive atmosphere and full of foregin tourists. It's been three days since they've arrived in the city.

"Sister."

"Oh, thank you."

"What are you thinking of? I think you've been thinking about something else. Are you tired?"

"No, no. No way."

As I recieved the cool lemonde that Nora gave to me, I began to pretend to look around the market that was filled with the scent of the sea.

Nora looked at me for a moment, but began snooping in front of a stall selling weapons and accessories that would be used by pirates. The salty wind gently scattered his black hair, and the afternoon's brilliant sunshine dyed his tanned face a yellow gold.

Phew, you're so good. Would a street vendor lady stare at me with her mouth open? No, it's was all about my husband.

So tonight, I must make up my mind!

Since arriving here, we haven't had the first night yet. On the first day, I was so tired that I passed out as soon as I arrived at the resort, and the next day, I almost met a bandit near the ship's dock, and somehow, he was just watching me fall asleep. So, in my mind, I vowed to make a decision tonight. The thing that Elizabeth gave me as a wedding gift was lingering in my mind.

Yes, a gift from our rascal empress.

As soon as I opened the package and checked the contents, I didn't know how amazing it was.

No, no matter how much you do, Empress, how could you think of giving me such a gift! What, it's in fashion these days? There's a limit to fashion!

I was so embarrassed that I put it right back in the box and hid it between the luggages. The problem is that at this moment, the object is doing everything it can to eat into my head. I must be going crazy. I should not dare to wear such embarrassing items, but why am I so curious about Nora's reaction when I wear them?

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Yes? Ah, it's nothing."

"It's nothing?"

"It's nothing."

Nora came closer to me as I quickly tried to look away. In contrast to his sharp, tapered blue eyes, an incredibly mischievous smile hung around his mouth.

"I don't think that it's anything. It's strange from the beginning."

"This is strange!"

"Tell me honestly. Why do you keep staring at me like that?"

"What do you mean, I- I always like to look at you."

As soon as I said that, I felt the urge to shut my mouth.

Eugh, I sound so stupid.

Nora, who was trying to swallow the tears of grief, stared at me with a mysterious look and reached out his hand and put it on my cheek. Then, he pinched my cheek, stretching it out.

"Ouch....what are you doing?"

"It's because..."

"What?"

"It's cute."

There was a moment of silence. In the middle of this situation, Nora smiled and started to take the lead while holding out my hand as I searched through my confused mind, wondering what to say in this situation.

"It's going to get dark soon, so let's go eat. I'm hungry. I don't know how long it's been since I've been this hungry."

Come to think of it, we didn't even eat lunch properly.

"How about the resturant you went to yesterday?"

"It's good there, it's good elsewhere. Is there anything you want to eat?"

I think I should fill my stomach and see everything else first. Then after a cozy dinner..... Next is.....

Why do I keep thinking of that gift? This is all because of our wretched Empress! You gave me such gift to mess with me!

Nora and Shuli is having dinner at a seafood restaurant, outside on the balcony. Shuli continues to act weird because of Elizabeth's gift much to Nora's dismay. The waiter walks up to their table and presents a salmon mousse dish. Shuli remarks that they didn't order this but the waiter tells them that it's a compliment dish from the chef who was impressed with Shuli's beauty. Nora says that thanks to his wife, he is able to eat a special dish. This cause Shuli to think about the gift again and she ended up spilling her drink all over herself. Nora gave her his coat and they return to their room.

After taking a bath, Shuli was getting dressed to go on a walk at the beach. She ends up taking out the box that was given to her by Elizabeth and tried on one of the clothing item. It's a black lingerie with lace sleeves and collars, and the chest is decorated with a red chiffon ribbon. The fabric is incredibly thin and soft. Shuli stood in front of the mirror and began to admire herself. The clothes revealed her bare legs and highlighted her curves. She states that she couldn't take her eyes off of herself (lol). At the moment, Nora calls her from behind the door.

"Sister, have you ever fallen asleep?"

I was forgetting that this huge, colorful bedroom wasn't my own. I mean, I'm on my honeymoon. The door opened unannounced and I froze on the spot with a short scream. I became frozen on the spot, and there was a pause. Nora stared at me with a look of a sea monster that seemed almost as frozen as I was. I was seized with a sense of fire on my face and an urge to go out into the ground. At the same time, my heart began to beat violently.

"......That's..."

"......."

"That's.... Well, haha, that's what's popular these days, so I was just going to try it on."

Nora was just staring at me, me who was sweating, laughing, and sweating. Then, in the next moment, he closed the door behind his back and slowly began to approach me. The dimly subdued blue gaze descended from my face to my neck, below it, under the short hem of the skirt. Then, it slowly came up again. It was the first time Nora looked at me with this kind of look, how should I say it? I couldn't tell if it was because I was afraid that my heart was beating faster and faster, or for some other reason. No, it's weird to be scared. So why would I be afraid of Nora?

"Ahaha..... It's a little too much, isn't it...?"

"......."

"Even if it's a honeymoon..? Haha.... I should change..."

His hand grabbed my wirst without hesitation. I paused and swallowed dry saliva.

"No-Nora?"

"......."

"Ahaha, say something...."

And I couldn't talk anymore. The guy who was staring at me with a look that seemed like he would eat me suddenly pulled me out and started pressing my lips down roughly with his lips. It was such a passionate kiss that I accepted it without surprise. It was a long night.

The next morning, Shuli wakes up first and gets embarassed, remembering what happened last night. The power of Elizabeth's costume is very strong and they ended up doing it many times. She stares at Nora's sleeping face and comments that it looks like a gentle child. Shuli reaches over to touch Nora's hair, who then wakes up. Shuli greets him good morning and as she begans to get up, Nora hugs her waist from behind, telling her not to go. They end up doing it again, as a continuation from last night.

After that, Shuli is out in town and meets Count Hattenstein who is also on his honeymoon. They talk about general stuff until Shuli meets up with Nora again. (So this part I forgot to translate so I don't remember much about it, and honestly, I don't even remember who the count is. We'll skip them for now.)

So, Shuli meets back up with Nora and they talk about some stuff that happened 4 years ago. Nora grabbed her hand and kissed her fingers. Shuli then ask Nora if he's ever dated anyone before her, and Nora asked her what kind of a sad question is that.

"But then, how did you do that from last night..."

"Yes?"

"How did you do that?"

After all that backbiting, I mumbled and turned my head away, but Nora didn't let me do that.

"How and what?"

"No, it's just......"

"What is it? What is it?"

"No, just..."

"Just?"

"How can you be so good!"

With the sharp glances of people coming and going around the sunny lobby, I wanted to cover my head and sit down. I'm crazy, crazy drunk in the sea breeze! Of course! How many seconds did the embarrassing silence pass? Nora, who was staring at me with such clear eyes, suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me close. Then, he looked at me with a serious expression.

"Was it that good?"

"What? No, it's big, of course not bad...."

"Isn't that bad?"

"What? No, it's big, of course not bad...."

"It wasn't bad?"

"No, it wasn't bad, but to be honest...."

"......."

"I asked you that because it was good."

"Because it was good.... Oh, wait a minute."

Nora, who was staring at me with an ambiguous look as to whether he was angry or holding back laughter, suddenly let go of his hand and turned away. Then, I realized that his ears were burning red.

"Nora?"

"......."

"Nora? Are you okay?"

"Yes, it's okay. Let's go eat."

My husband, holding my hand and leading the way, was exceptionally fast today. So I followed him without seeing his face properly until the end.

This next section of the chapter talks about Albrecht (Nora's father) and how he is planning for retirement with his wife. He's finishing up paperwork to hand over his title to his newly married son when he is suddenly visited by his step-grandson (Jeremy), who greatly resembles his old friend, the former Marquis. They talk/argue about the church, holy council, celebrating the beginning of Protestantism compared to Catholicism, and a couple of other stuff (I won't go into much details over this). In the end, Albrecht ask Jeremy what's his problem is and Jeremy replies that he's bored. Albrecht then invites Jeremy to a banquet that is taking place at the Nuremburg mansion that evening, saying that he might meet someone who will offset his boredom and loneliness (*cough*Diane*cough*). In the end, Albrecht tells Jeremy that he will apologize to him when Nora comes back because of the letter.

Then, we come back to Nora and Shuli who can't keep their hands off each other. Shuli says that it will be dangerous if they keep going at it so they come up a plan to hang out separately until 6:30pm. Nora doesn't like it but they have no choice since Shuli mention how they become hot and crazy whenever their eyes meet lol :blobjoy:

So Shuli is walking around town all afternoon and thinks about how the plan is working. She was also able to buy gifts for her relatives. Shuli then meets Countess Hattenstein, and apparently, she's having a marital fight with her husband. Countess Hattenstein thinks that Shuli is also fighting with Nora since she was out alone. The Countess then ask Shuli how many children she wants and Shuli's heart began to pound when she tries to imagine what her and Nora's child would look like. Then, some people starts yelling so Shuli and the Countess goes to the beach where a bunch of people were flocking to. To their surprise, Nora and Kyle (this is Count Hattenstein's name by the way) were standing on top of a tall whale statue. Both of them scream at their husbands, telling them to come down from the statue. So both husbands and wives scream at each other back and forth. Nora refuses to climb down until Shuli ask him if he was planning to make her a widow again, saying that she can't become a widow twice. He then jumps down. Kyle tells his wife that he won't come down unless tells him that she loves him (out loud, in front of everybody). And she does, in the most hilariously way possible haha.

After the couples go their own way, Shuli yells at Nora for doing something dangerous and Nora tells her that it was for an important bet. Shuli is angry and Nora apologizes, promising to never do it again. After that, Nora shows Shuli what he brought this afternoon and is taken-aback when Nora says that he brought gifts for Jeremy and the other children. Among those gifts were pens and a dragger. Shuli was impressed with how her husband was taking care of her sons and daughter. Nora then gift Shuli a necklace that he got from the bet earlier. It's a limited edition, luxurious necklace with white mother pearls and thick sapphire decorations. It's also mentioned that Shuli's wedding ring is made from sapphire as well. Shuli begins to cry, and Nora apologies again for climbing up the statue because of the bet. He pulls Shuli into his arms and hugs her tightly.

When I looked out the window, the sun had fallen completely and the bluish darkness had dyed everywhere. We sat hand in hand for a moment and watched the scenery quietly, and at the same time we opened our mouths.

"Sister."

"Nora."

"Sister, say it first."

"No, you tell me first."

"No, you go first."

I put my head on his shoulder with a smile. Then I looked up at the sparkling blue eyes that were drawn to me, and the eyes that made the affection for him last forever.

"I love you, Nora."

I may be mistaken, but the blue eyes seemed to tremble slightly. After a while, a fluffy kiss fell down on my eyelids, and a sweet voice rang out.

"I love you too. "

In the final part of the chapter, Shuli and Nora returns home after their 10-day honeymoon. They are greeted by their noisy children yelling, and demanding for their gifts. Nora gives them their gifts, starting with Jeremy.

"I was eager to see your ass swept away by the waves."

"You're a bastard."

"You're a wicked stepfather and you want a good son? But what is this? What dragger?"

"Yes, your gift. I think this will be useful for when you think your life is not going to work."

"Is that what you're going to say to your son as a child?"

"I don't know. You have to raise your child strong."

"......Ugh, Mother Shuli! That bastard! He told me to kill myself! How could you say such a heartbreaking thing!"

Jeremy, who clung to me with such a big size and had crying eyes, glanced softly at Nora. Jeremy stretched my arm and gave me a truly triumphant smile.

"Shuli, I think that pretty stepchild is already driving us apart."

"What do you mean?"

"I told him not to disturb our honeymoon and not to dream of writing you a letter."

"Oh, really?"

"I told you so. Wasn't he mean?"'

"I have it as evidence! Whoa! Look at this, man."

"You, get out."

There was a pause for a moment.

With Jeremy hanging on to me, Elias triumphantly talking with the crumpled sheets of paper, and Leon, who was shaking the fountain pen by his ears, Nora said again with a gruesome smile.

"Get out of my house."

"No, hey, what are you suddenly..."

"Mom and Dad, don't kick the cat pups out. They're on the ground."

"Get out. I don't want to get angry in front of my sister. "

At this point, Elias should have shouted, "Why are you my father?" But our Elias couldn't say a word, either because he was so embarrassed, scared by Nora's harsh habit, or whether he had realized his own faults. After all three of them scratched their heads and were driven out of the gate, I came up to Nora with a giggle and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"So what did you write?"

"......No, I just wrote them and replied first. Come back in three days, buy a gift for someone, tell me to write a letter to my sister right now, something like that. I replied in good faith, but I think it would have been twisted."

"They must have been very bored. Because you weren't-"

"What does it have to do with my absence?"

"You're the only one who accepts things like that. To be honest with you, someone else would have been really angry.

"Right."

He, who was gentle, raised his hand and stroked my head. Then he gave a meaningful and quirky smile.

"It'll be worth seeing once they have a brother. Don't you?"

Shuli then goes out and talk to Jeremy who is sitting outside the gates. She ask how he and the other children are doing. Jeremy says that Elias is the same and Leon is more interested in books than romance. He also tells her that he's seeing someone. A girl from the Nuremberg family who he met at the banquet Nora's father invited him to. He was going to talk about it earlier but Nora got sulky. Elias and Leon joins them and they playful talk to each other like always. Elias tells Shuli that he likes it better when she was just his mother and that he misses that moment. Leon agrees with him, and Jeremy grinned with his eyes agreeing as well. They all look up at the sky, and Shuli wishes that Rachael was here with her. She then reaches out and stoke Elias's hair, telling him that she liked him better when he was young.

The End.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Ahmya, Bleh00, M30WWWW and 171 others like this.
  20. Hynmnstr

Hynmnstr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much :):):)
    You really made my day:):);)

HimawariDC, Th.ay and Vivixoxo like this.