Carelessness leading to a bad situation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 41274, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    My father left the country and told me to take care of the house.
    So we had a few new people renting some rooms. It changed from bad to worse and to worst.
    At first we had maybe one wonderful Chinese person living here. The Chinese people never caused trouble. But when they left, younger people came, they were u responsible and dirty. Each new person worse than the previous. And now due to my stupidity, an alcoholic person rented the room. It's the worst. They destroyed the room, it's like a dumpster for garbage and it smells even worse. I fucked up and am really angry. They are loud when people sleep. Now police came and took them away. I'm screwed

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2020
  2. corrr

corrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stay calm it's just a room it could be worse, do your best cleaning de room and explain things tobyour father.

Fulminata likes this.
  3. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On the bright side, you managed to get the police to evict them. Some places here, you'd be stuck in court for months trying to make that happen.

4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    The worst has yet to happen, I had a friend who was a slumlor.... house manager for several apartment complexes. He served one guy an eviction notice for non-payment and disturbing the neighbors. A few days later he got a call from a tenant that just came home to the adjoining wall being cut thrue. He rushed over to find that the now missing tenant had taken a chainsaw and cut horizontal lines thrue the entire appartment.
    Sad part was this was the first floor of a three story apartment building, the only reason it didnt collapse was because he missed enough of the load barring walls. I forget how much it cost to repair, or if he was able to sue the guy for the property damage.

--edit--

Actually an even worse scenario would be for one of them to build a methlab in the apartment and have it go boom... literally. Then it's not just the property damage you have to worry about, but also the hazardous waste that needs to be cleaned up before anyone can live in the same building(if it's even still standing)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  5. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why you do check people before rent them a room/flat. Do not know the country you are in but there are standard things monitory insurance from bank or other such reference asking for where he lived in before and if you can contact them etc.
    Here is a 3-month rent as caution a normal thing.
    If it just motel like room service just make insurance police with option for law conflicts.
    Make sure the people who have access to things like kWh-meter, water-counter etc. have put a sign on paper that the lead seals on them were untouched ...the fine for breaking them could be big one...

6. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to hear about your problem. Right now the only thing you can really do is fix the room. If you wish to continue renting out rooms in the future you need to talk to the local police to find out the process of getting a background check done and start asking the prospective renters for references. It won't stop all the bad apples, but it should prevent the absolute worst like that drunk. There may be some more other steps you can take, but that would all depend on where you live and the local laws, so I would look into your options.

7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It comes with the job description really. Nothing in this world is really free.
    In the end you need to clean up in order to make that profit.
    btw, if its an airbnb rent, its covered by insurance, you just have to report if I remembered it correctly...

8. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    a5j20YwN_700wp_0 (1)_1.jpg

orematcha likes this.
  9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so... you wanna hear worse case?

nah~ just take it as experience~

10. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    First time for everything just do better next time It"ll only get better now you know what to watch out for~

11. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Without going into too much detail, did your dad leave the country on a good note? That is, it is not something like "You are no longer family to me, thus I am leaving this country!"?