Recruitment TRANSLATORS AND SCANLATORS NEEDED FOR RESEARCH

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by mrachelle, Jun 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mrachelle

mrachelle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there! I am a Taught Postgraduate student at the University of Stirling researching digital translation and scalation of translated works and the effect this has on the publishing industry.

My research focuses on novels and manga, and how scanlators and amateur translation groups choose and distribute their projects.

If anyone is interested, on principle, to answer a few questions in order to aid my research please let me know and I can provide further details!!

CaptainBunny and Maeve Arte like this.
  2. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh interesting

3. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck with your research.
    I think contacting groups directly will he more efficient cause most people here are lurkers:cookie:

P.s.
    I once saw a person releasing one chapter of manga and saying they have good quality scans of a manga (which was dropped by previous group for whatever reason) and they asked for those interested in translating it. The next chapter release was made by a newly created group and that person was one of the members there.
    So I guess some people want to translate manga they like given the ability to do so?
    Anyway. Good luck.

4. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly what upstairs ^^^ has already posted... contacting groups through their sites/twitter acc/discord servers should be more effective as long as you have already set a guideline on what kind of questions you're going to ask.
    Also getting to know someone in contact with publishers or groups/people that have official translations.

5. mrachelle

mrachelle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all! Thanks for the advice! I've contacted specific groups and hadn't had much luck with responses so I figured I should do a wider approach! Appreciate the support in replying :)

6. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link