Recommendations Female to male gender benders

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by White Empress, Jun 20, 2020.

1. White Empress

White Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently have liked the inner conflict and comedic scenarios of gender bender protagonists and was looking for any more novels out there.
    I’d really prefer female to male unless the other it’s just great (male to female are usually a bit cheesy for me that’s why)
    I’ve read a few I think are really good such as:

I noticed I’ve A BL game protagonists younger brother! (Fujioshi reincarnated as a male in a bl game... pretty hilarious and cute )
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ecome-a-bl-game-protagonists-younger-brother/
    I’m playing the role of older brother in an otome game (essentially female in male body but still a legit male transition and lifestyle switch, is so heartwarming and has really good character development of the MC as a person... definitely gave me the I love you regardless of gender vibe)
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/watashi-dokidoki-renai-kakumei-de-onii-chan-yattemasu/

Non fluffy ones are:
    It’s not easy being a man in the future (Not true swap, cross dressing)
    The empress livestream (Not true swap, Cross dressing)
    The villain has blackened again (one arc)
    I’ve become the male god

Ones I didn’t really like:
    Tamakura Kun is cursed!
    New life why won’t you become peaceful (not a true gender bender really but popper up so I put it here just in case)
    The Result of a Debilitatingly Shy Woman’s Genderswap in Another World

I haven’t read Dominions End or Half Prince

Honestly I loved the laughs of the girls trying to live as boys in a bl game and how sweet they are compared to typical bl (manipulative bish seme And weak and pushover uke), so if possible I’d love more recommendations similar to these where a girl has to unexpectedly live as a full out boy, not just cross dressing, and possibly romance.

Isticon likes this.
  2. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read the Half Prince manga. not bad actually. as for female to male genderswap, never heard of any. it would be similar to futanari. basically a chick who's now got a dick instead. same cheese. different gender.

3. dreannhirt

dreannhirt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it necessarily have to be BL? If you have no problems with BxG then here you go:

I [Imperial] Am Not This Kind of Man
    - There’re only a few translated chapters right now, so if you have no problems reading it from MTL, then you should give it a go (since it is already completed). His previous (female) gender only stays relevant for the first few chapters though. PLUS, the novel gets pretty politics- and drama heavy later on, so not really for the faint of heart.

P.S. There’s some fluff here and there with the FL.

P.P.S. Don’t let the ratings get to you.

For Body Swaps, I recommend “What’s your Gender, Princess?” There’s lots of fluff, very hilarious interactions between ML AND MC and a happy ending for almost everyone.

4. White Empress

White Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no I like BxG too I was just using the bl one as an example as one I’ve read, thank for the recommendation!
    I may try Half Prince since I’ve hear good things about it. Thanks for the recc but I don’t think I’ll check futanari as I wasn’t really looking for the sexual side of gender swap type deals (Which may not be the case in your recc but I’m lazy)

5. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not bl but you can try Herscherik.
    And Dominion's End is a good read during quarantine, MC got confused with his/her sexual preference a lot, it's enjoyable

6. mushy

mushy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Flowers bloom from battlefield
    NoGift
    Under the veil of the night