Trap vs Genderbender.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Cole-Right779, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnemidaKurai

UnemidaKurai New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC in Fake Maiden is what is known as a forced trap, as he is forced to act/dress as a girl but is identifying himself as a boy. Leto may have at anytime made the decision to not play along with the trapping, if they weren't psychologically conditioned to play along. I haven't read far enough in the story to see if they realize that they are not a girl. I am only a chapter in.

KageTokage likes this.
  2. RedIska

RedIska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Genderbender is disgusting, i remember that manga about trap being turned into girl and the only thing about him that changed is a penis, he was previously a 100% chad loved by the women and men alike, then boom and he is now 24/7 drools for fat cocks bcuz he is now a 'female'. Hate Japan for such kinds of storylines.

3. UnemidaKurai

UnemidaKurai New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which manga are you talking about? There are several different ones that fit that description, some of which are in the manhua category as they are Korean in origin. I know one that is decent that kind of fits your description, Tensei Pandemic. It is not one where the genderbent MC is drool over guys now that he was genderbent, but he was a trap before he was a female so it kind of fits. There is also When I Was Reincarnated In Another World I Was A Heroine And He Was A Hero. The MC is walking with his best friend and then Truck-kun Iseaki's them and the friend is the Hero, while the MC was put in a female body and made the Heroine. After 8 chapters the story turn into MC falling for the friend but I don't know what happens afterwards since I haven't read that far.
    And would it not be a treat to know what would happen if it were a real occurrence to be genderbent. I for one am not against the idea of it being ok, but I don't think that it would be possible to have IRL so it is just left to anime, manga, and other works of fiction where we can find any semblance of intelligence on the matter. I admit that some writers have no clue how to write such a story that makes any sense on the matter, but a majority of the genderbent stories that I have read are decent enough to make you feel like it might be probable for the story to happen.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  4. RedIska

RedIska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boku Girl, romance manga. MC is full proactive chad at beginning then he just becomes a reactive bitch as story progresses.

5. UnemidaKurai

UnemidaKurai New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it after you mentioned it, and I personally feel that it is a decent quality story. Sure the end is not what most people want or expect but in the end of the day, the childhood friend and the genderbent MC have the opportunity to carve out a new path in the life that they were given and it is not as you have said, that the MC went and became a reactive bitch, but she became more comfortable in her new femininity and finally accepted what was meant to be before her birth but was hindered by the gender she was born into. I do admit that some of the characters are completely over the top and kind of side track the story to make bad jokes and outrageous unrealistic scenarios. But at the end of the day, it was a great story and I would recommend that people who want to know what a genderbender is, to check it out.
    ボクガール is in the top 10 on my list.
    Thanks for inadvertently introducing me to the series.

6. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    I want more straight traps hunting onee-sans.... :blobpeek:

7. UnemidaKurai

UnemidaKurai New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a few that I have read with a similar premise but I can't think of the names of the manga/ligh-novels at the moment. I think mangakas have more interest in writing traps as gay than straight. Unfortunately!

8. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NGL, I do enjoy GB comedy immensely. I'm just not into the erotic or wish fulfillment kind since I want that fish out of water style awkwardness.

Sad to say that a lot of it these days just seems to be 'man writes a male character that likes women, only he has boobs so big yuri energy'. I wonder if they are scared of writing romantic thoughts about a man? But yeah, trap is just a man who looks like a girl and can get away with it, but is actually a man at heart. So cross-dressing.

All CD is GB, but not all GB is CD? Something like that.

It doesn't need to be rigid either, since playing with sex and sexuality is a big theme in this genre and characters can change, but I can see why reading a story about a man who becomes a woman in body, then turns into woman at heart too later on and has heterosexual romance with a man, might not appeal to everyone. But if you are more into trans GB scribblehub has a lot of that, whereas asian shounen style media is guys who like girls, so it's almost always yuribait. I've read a few heterosexual romances here on NU, most of them are romance novels for girls though, or some sort of weird (usually perverted) BL book. Manga too. There are hundreds of translated GB manga, most are shite but whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.