LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    Artemis was beautiful like all gods and nymphs are beautiful. she had no particular relation to beauty. Also Artemis was a symbol of virginity (or maybe lesbians). There are other gods that are moon based and attracted to beauty, i think it was a precursor to Artemis, so maybe she is based off of that rather than Artemis

Paps likes this.
  2. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would the author finish the story now since his comeback? I am waiting for the novel to end before reading again because it might get another hiatus in the near future.

3. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are exceptions (can only think of one rn though):
    Hephaistos, the god of smithing and Aphrodites ex-husband, was supposedly so ugly that his mother Hera threw him off the mountain of Olympos once she saw him, leaving him disabled to boot.

As the son of Zeus, the king of the gods, and Hera, the queen of the gods, Hephaistos should have been quite handsome, but, baby Hephaistos was small and ugly with a red, bawling face. Hera was so horrified that she hurled the tiny baby off the top of Mount Olympus.

Hephaistos fell down for a day and a night, landing in the sea. Unfortunately, one of his legs broke as he hit the water, and never developed properly. From the surface, Hephaistos sunk like a pebble to the cool blue depths where the sea-nymph, Thetis, found him and took him to her underwater grotto, and raised him as her own son.

source

Paps and kyoshijiro like this.
  4. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit late to the discussion. :eek:

Chapter 37.
    "Passing the night while looking at the faint moon in the sky, how refreshing. It reminds me of Tsukuyomi-sama after all. And it also reminds me of the Bug, so the balance comes to zero. That Goddess. She seems to have spoken with Tsukuyomi-sama, maybe she is a God that is related to the moon? No way, I don’t want her to rule over the moon. Without any meaning to trigger a flag, I seriously pray that that is not the case."

Then there are Heroes gifts like a Hunting Wolf for Hibiki, Immortality for Tomoki at Night.

It is said that Artemis only allowed the fairest of maidens to join her group of loyal maidens. Artemis is the goddess of maidenhood and childbirth, and once girls become women they go under the matron of Aphrodite. So in a way Aphrodite is always stealing believers from Artemis (I suspect that this experience is why BUG finds it a personal offense that Makoto's parent left her world for another). She didn't represent beauty as a goddess, but she did value it highly.

I personally think it could also be Selene but Artemis is more well-known. Japanese high schoolers would typically know more about Greek gods due to their curriculum and seem to find it fascinating to compare with the Shinto pantheon. The inference that BUG is a Greek goddess simply comes from Athena's temple strong resemblance to structure in that world's temples. Athena also seems to know that BUG to be comfortable enough to put restraints on her (Athena and Artemis both being daughters of Zeus). Usually in Japanese literature similar people do not usually bond with one another, but normally loathe the other for being too similar.

So to summarize in terms of probability from my reasoning. From highest to lowest probability.

1. Artemis
    2. Selene
    3. Aphrodite/Ishtar

Alright, I'm going to bed now o/

CountryMage likes this.
  5. neoinfinity204

neoinfinity204 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Artemis was also in love with Orion who is a famous hunter and archer until she accidentally kills him, so I don't get her hate on Makoto if she was Artemis. I still think aphrodite/ishtar makes the most sense due her love of beauty not to mention the bull great earth spirit which is like the bull of heaven in her mythology.

6. clmbheat

clmbheat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to disagree with Artemis being number one. I think it would go Selene, Aphrodite/ishtar then maybe Artemis. After all Artemis is the goddess of Maidenhood. She is known to have only allowed 2 men close to her, Orion and Hippolytus. Also the whole Charm thing with Trashmoki, and him basically raping all the women he wants and forcing them to love him is in no way in line with Artemis. No matter what changes any author does to the myth, Artemis was not one to allow rape of a maiden, specially by dubious means. Selene though not much is known and Aphrodite is a ho.

kyoshijiro likes this.
  7. neoinfinity204

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Selene works either because in chapter 170 because the gods mentioning they have never seen a moon gods power contributing to creation before Makoto.

8. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in that case, we can scrap the idea that the bug is related to the moon once and for all, as she has creation abilitys.

QainanM likes this.
  9. neoinfinity204

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think we can scrap the idea completely just that she is not primary a moon goddess. Ishtar does have a moon connection since her father was a moon god.

10. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    But they mentioned that the BUG doesn't have real creation powers, she just alters things that were already created to her whims. At least thats how i remembered it. I could be confusing this feature with another novel though

11. c0debreaker6

c0debreaker6 A MANLY Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    She does have Creation authorities, just not that great compared to the likes of other Creation gods. She created the hyumans and most of the common races. She also created the Spirits and made the world she governs now habitable for her creations. She didn't created that world, but rather made the environment hospitable for some of the weaker races. Remember that Tomoe once said that before the Goddess' descent to that world, the environment was so harsh that only the strong could survive. The best example of that environment would be the wasteland. There, only the strong could survive. This may also mean that most of the races in the wasteland may be one of the original residents of that world apart from dragons and Superior dragons.

CountryMage, clmbheat and kyoshijiro like this.
  12. Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia Pretend Don't Exist

Reading List:
    Link
    Its bother me from Hibiki because of her wolf. Wolf is related to the moon in norse mythology but not in the greek and in Tomoko quasi-immortal from night there's i know it. So i think 2 goddess interfere on that summoning. If you sum up they 3 goddess. Oh, sh*t if you think about it they 3 goddess that they sibling and they related in Athena and they hate all man in greek. Well this is my personal opinion.

13. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because she has a connection to the moon doesn't mean she is a goddess of the moon

QainanM likes this.
  14. clmbheat

Reading List:
    Link
    Its one goddess she just takes different forms depending on how she wants to be perceived. Its not three different ones or the other gods would have said it and her followers would have a trinity rather then a single one to worship

15. neoinfinity204

Reading List:
    Link
    Ishtar did turn one of her lovers into a wolf if the wikipedia page is anything to by. Ishtar was such a pretty shitty goddess in general but she was extremely powerful.

clmbheat likes this.
  16. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mention wiki, look up Inanna....

clmbheat likes this.
  17. neoinfinity204

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just way too much into fgo so ishtar is just my preferred name but yeah inanna/ishtar are the same and aphrodite rose out of that mythology which gets complicated.

clmbheat and Paps like this.
  18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, they are the same, but if you look up Inanna particularly you get more examples that fit the Bug, like how she's taken the temples and worshipers of other gods, taken over other regions and godly domains, and her stance on sex and rape....

clmbheat and Paps like this.
  19. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh, the staple of nineties anime, equipping people as armor and/or weapons...but what does a power armor made of 10 or so children even look like? Will some of them end up learning magic, just so Raidou will have jumpjets, in his playground battle form?!

Paps likes this.
  20. rectorcaedo

rectorcaedo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say around 20 temp hit points with disadvantage to attacks for anyone of the good alignment.

Paps and Sea Dog like this.