Spoiler Dear My Friend

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Mar 18, 2020.

1. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s the crown prince

DOHere likes this.
  2. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no clue what your sentence means .
    Polygamy and consent ?
    Are you talking about how he didn’t want to marry the friend ?

Lovina likes this.
  3. missyllaneous

missyllaneous Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, base on the promo manhwa, crowb prince is the "sincere love" so it's confirmed he is ml?

DOHere likes this.
  4. AkiyzaRose

AkiyzaRose Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm talking about how past Villainess and past Heroine, both clearly were not ok with sharing a relationship with the same man, (as implied by all the murder plots). Its polygamy if all the partners are consenting to their partners partners. For example, if say male lead wanted another wife or lover, then his current partners would have to give consent to him engaging in that relationship. That is polygamy, if there is no consent given, or it is forced or pressured, then it is cheating.

Less about this actual story, more about what polygamy is.

5. spchntrt

spchntrt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah i see where you coming from. i'm familiar with such rules, since i'm living in a muslim country. this rule is very similar with one of islamic teachings where when a married man wants to take another wife, everyone involves in the marriage should give consent. assuming we're talking about the same rule, hate to break it to you, but this rule is not shared universally and only applied in muslim countries or to people who practice islam. one of the obvious example is ancient china monarch. it is a well known fact that ancient china practised polygamy for thousands of years. when taking a new concubine, the emperor never asked for the empress nor other concubines' consent. it was unnecessary. besides, whatever opinions they had should never influenced emperor's decision, because for most part of history, polygamy was used as political tool to stabilise the throne and produce heirs. if some guy ever said he wanted to do polygamy out of love, run! that's not love, that's lust.

taking into context of this novel era setting, imo for royal marriage, personal consent has never been an issue, because this matter was beyond that. first, it's not some any other commoner marriage. it's the royal marriage. second, marriage between royals mostly didn't come out of love. that's why it was called political/arranged marriage. it was all for power. third, there's too much at stake to abandon this for personal reason. for ex: let's say the ogVillainess didn't love the prince and actually didn't want to marry him. but she had to marry him because it would affect her family's survival state. if she rejected it, her fam could lose their power and reputation, or worse: execution. so, she must accept it no matter what. it's not fair, but hey guess what, she lives. another ex: the ogHeroine that the prince loved dearly, didnt agree with the royal wedding with the ogHeroine. she wanted to be the only woman for prince, to be the empress not a queen. unfortunately, she didn't have the qualification for that. since she kept disagreeing, the royal court could just simply annulled her marriage with the prince, with reason she's not worthy of such position. there goes her only chance of becoming a royal.

another example using the prince: i have no idea about their past life, but let's assume the prince also didnt want to marry ogV, since he already found the person he loved: ogH. but, even the prince himself knew that no matter how much he loved her, not just any girl could become the empress. hence he married the ogV for the sake of the kingdom, since she was the crown princess and has already been familiar with all empress' duty. after marriage, he would be more affectionate with the queen, while still be kind and respectful to the empress. it's not fair to accuse him cheating on the queen just because he's being kind to the empress. and it's even more unfair to say he's cheating on the empress with the queen, because the premise of the marriage between prince and empress from the beginning was political not love. well, i actually really have no idea about their past life. this is all just my assumptions. havent read the novel, since i want to know first about the spoilers.

the bottom line is polygamy has never been a beautiful system. but it happens. could it be used as cheating platform? sure, absolutely. but it doesn't mean that every guy who does polygamy, did it because they want to cheat on their partner. also not all guy wanted to have polygamy. sometimes, they just had to. that's life.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    sovokop, Kitsuna, avlirea and 25 others like this.
  6. StrawberryPie

StrawberryPie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers~~

When Maris was in the palace, Dorothea came to her house and heard that she’s invited to the palace and she was angry to Marie because she didn’t invite her to the palace with her (crazy b*tch). Afterward, Dorothea never visited Marie’s house anymore and/or send her a letter.

After Marie came back from the palace, she received an invitation to a tea party.
    During the tea party, Odeletta approached her and asked her to join in her table. Odeletta told the ladies in the table that Maris is now her friend, and boasted that Marie is so kind-hearted that helped her when she was in trouble (when she needed a handkerchief but no one else gave her, other than Marie). Basically, telling everyone “she is a ‘really’ kind not like everyone else in the table that ‘pretend’ to be kind”.

Dorothea came to the table and rudely cut someone’s conversation. As always, she blames Marie and told her that she’s been looking hard for her. Marie just smiled awkwardly and thought to herself “then why don’t you talk to someone else? this maybe because you don’t have friends, right?”

Odeletta replied to Dorothea and said that she didn’t know she’s looking for her. Odelleta brought Marie to her table as soon as she arrived. And emphasized that Marie is also her friend not only Dorothea’s friend.
    Dorothea's angry and provoked the ladies in the table (ugh, I hate her! :blobcurse:) by telling everyone that Marie was invited to the Prince’s palace, and informed them that Marie was the lady who danced with the prince at the party. She tried to make everyone believes that Marie is dating the prince, and so to make Odeletta hate Marie.

Marie was panic inside but pretended to be calm on the outside, while thinking what she should do in this situation:sweating_profusely:
    Then she laughed while maintaining her innocent smile. She said, she felt honored that everyone think that she is dating the prince, but that wasn’t the case. She accidentally spilled the drink and use her handkerchief to cleaned the prince's clothes, so the prince invited her to the palace to give her a new handkerchief as compensation. She emphasized, that it was because the prince was very kind-hearted (that he has generous gesture to everyone), not because her ~~something like that.

I'll try to give more spoilers later:blobmelt:

7. StrawberryPie

StrawberryPie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Odeletta gave Marie a new tea, and she accidently dropped the teacup because it’s so hot (okay, I think Odeletta is very suspicious at this moment:blobunsure:). Marie is using this opportunity to talk to Odeletta alone and tried to explained the situation to her, saying that she doesn’t have any feelings for the prince and in fact, she tried to introduce her to the prince, because she believes that Odeletta would be a good crown princess. Afterward, she asked Odeletta why does she like the prince. Odeletta mentioned that the prince seems cold but really warm-hearted. Odeletta mentioned when she was young, she danced with the prince once and apparently, she also stepped on prince’s feet for more than 20 TIMES!! And Marie was like “oh great, I wasn’t the first one (that stepped his feet)” ~I’m dying. lol :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Marie glad that she solved the misunderstanding with Odeletta, and tried to find the culprit – Dorothea. Marie was very angry and after a long conversation, basically she cut their friendship. Marie told her that she never wants to see her again in the future (yes, baby!:blobhighfive:)

Marie was tired after the conversation and wanted to leave the party. She said goodbye to Odeletta.
    After she got into the carriage, there’s another carriage ran towards hers. She panics and thought she’s going to die. She thought the universe is so unfair if she dies now.

I only read till chapter 20++, but I saw it's already c.99 on kakaopage. So if anyone has more spoilers from that far chapters, please please share it with us!! :aww::aww:

8. Mmie

Mmie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crude summary
    The carriage that hit her was the duke's , 2nd ML. She was bed ridden for months due to her injuries. The duke came to visit her and developed interests in her for some reason. Duke and prince seem to have bad blood between them so they compete for FL's attention. I don't remember the details because it got pretty boring. I gave up after the first volumn..

9. Th.ay

Th.ay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a satisfy to read that!
    Thank you so much for all the spoilers!

Poor Maristela...
    Thank you so much for the spoilers!

StrawberryPie likes this.
  10. lunafreya

lunafreya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the advance spoilers! Yeah to be honest, Marie is so dense to realize the prince's interest in her... I don't get what's with the FL not being assertive in novels and taking what she wants lol (in this story i understand given the cirumstances but in general, we have the villainess trying to mash the ML and the 'heroine' together lmao) Anything else you can share ? :LOL:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  11. Amsir

Amsir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then who does Mari ends up with ??

12. Shadowhawkstar

Shadowhawkstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crown prince

Szaschie23 likes this.
  13. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know any more spoiler details?

14. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately not, I’m reading the translation and I’m about as informed on it as the rest, there are some more spoilers up above. Sorry I can’t help m(-_-)m

Spoilme likes this.
  15. Spoilme

Spoilme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where did you read the translations? I couldnt find it:cry::cry:

thanks for the spoiler:D:D:D

16. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    Wordexcerpt is the name of the group that’s translating the novel, if you search for their name you’ll be able to find it.

Spoilme likes this.
  17. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    kawaii12345 and Spoilme like this.
  18. Sofia Razi

Sofia Razi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Things happen so fast in the novel. One minute she is attending the banquet then suddenly she is in an accident. But what I don't understand is why she didn't ask who was in the other carriage? The nobles know each other because they regularly attend social gatherings. So, it would be someone they have atleast heard of. Is she not curious who was in the carriage that caused her to get injured? And i like MCs style. She was quick in cutting off ties with Dorothea. Thank God she didn't drag it waiting for some sort of excuse. She also quickly cleared the misunderstanding with Odeletta which is nice.

Scapezz, Ceilo27, syofiaa and 3 others like this.
  19. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    It was dark. The party was at night. Ever tried walking through the woods at night? It’s dark. I’m gonna guess it the same. They only saw the outline of oncoming carriage. Also, she questions about it as soon as she wakes up. The first thing she asked first was if everyone was still alive. The who it was came soon after. Personally, I liked how she tried hard to politely shun the Duke that crashed into her. I can tell from the way he acted - it came off like an opportunity fell into his lap. He wanted to “compensate her for emotional damage “ I.e to propose to him. She’s all nah. Other than boredom I’m all good. The way his face was described at the moment was both shock and disbelief. Also, it was uber shady that he kept pushing for a relationship with her. There’s something really really wrong about this. Is it just me?

20. diphylleia

diphylleia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know why Dorothea's mom wants to buy Maristella's friendship? And the relationship between the two families? The duke mentioned something being wrong with dorothea's family and i feel like maristella's family might get caught up? Idk i feel very uneasy

Ceilo27, cjburaira, syofiaa and 2 others like this.