Question what is the funniest thing you read in a novel?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by aegis062, Jun 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently read a novel that made laugh so hard as the main character is basically clueless and always seems to win by luck and during one of the trials he found 2 diamonds 1 contains a goddess the other contains a demon. the main character being a demon saves the demon and he uses the goddess diamond to being an all purpose cleaning tool toilet scrubber, back scrubber,duster basically becomes the his demon clans cleaning tool even the other demon that was seal shiver at the thought, but laughed at how his feared nemesis ended up being a cleaning tool. the goddess end up being so traumatized that all she can say is "must clean... must clean....."

2. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Seiken Tsukai no Kinju Eishou, Elena asks "5ch" for dating advice and takes it seriously without realizing she's being trolled.

AMissingLinguist and runsing like this.
  3. couchpotato1929

couchpotato1929 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what s the title???

4. jeskai729

jeskai729 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Always remember this line that bandits usually say I don’t know where it’s from but always stuck to me “ I made this road I planted that tree if you want to pass you must pay your fee “

Tofu Cat, Sugarthepug and aegis062 like this.
  5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This attempt to brainwash someone :blobrofl:

6. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Sugarthepug, ahs, aegis062 and 2 others like this.
  7. TotallyNotAnAlien

TotallyNotAnAlien Not an alien!

Reading List:
    Link
    It's about a character from Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich. His name is Beifeng Herault.

Yeah, that ‘criminal, Beifeng; crime, Beifeng; punishment, Beifeng’ mortal legend.

What did he do? Er, not much actually. Just ended up being the progenitor of multiple races.

8. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group
    When Senior White takes Song Shuhang for a “joyride” on the freeway and uses cultivation techniques to increase their speed.

And just when Song Shuhang gets used to the speed and thinks they might just survive this— he turns over to look at Senior White, only to see him holding the steering wheel that’s detached from the car... :blobscream:

Tofu Cat and aegis062 like this.
  9. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say one of the funniest. I couldn't remember the rest but I just recently finished reading the main story of Slow Prison Life. There were really hilarious moments. I recommend it. Chapter 11: When MC shot Archduke's favorite duck for her meal while Archduke was currently showing off his favorite duck to the Prime Minister. lol
    Anyway, the Archduke was showing the Prime Minister around and he led him to a pond to see his "favorite" duck. He was happily telling him about his favorite duck named Enrique until they saw the duck got shot by MC (Prince's ex-fiancee) for food. The Archduke happens to be the Prince's uncle, so he came running down the hall while crying and grabbed the Prince while cursing him and shouting that “ Enrique is………Enrique is………. Rachel (MC) has eaten Enrique!”

Tofu Cat, Raebit and Muspon like this.
  10. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Key of Sunken Moon: MC is cursed so that 9/10 of his speech is reversed, which as you can imagine, lands him in constant awkward and difficult misunderstandings that are super hilarious.

Muspon likes this.
  11. ILoveWebnovelnPanda

ILoveWebnovelnPanda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Abyss Domination - The MC literally said he always keeps a hamster in the pocket
    Whenever he travelled. It was his pet and whenever someone cast deadly spells at him, he would unhesitatingly throw the hamster to take the brunt of the attack

Sugarthepug and ahs like this.
  12. 8theaven

8theaven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First Chapter of Crazy Knight's Age of the Universe

Everyone probably has memories of their youth that would make them smile happily, make them sigh in bitterness and make them blush in embarrassment.

To a certain someone, today is a very special day.

He doesn’t know that what he is going to do today will create a dark history which would make him smash his head on the surface of table in embarrassment or the start of an unforgettable sweet reminiscence.

“I like you, please be my girlfriend.”

With only two people standing on the rooftop of the building, under the peeking of their best friends by the corner, when the furiously red-faced boy shouts out his feelings to the girl, the willow leaves rustle along with the spring breeze and the entire world is filled with the scent of youth.

“Alright. Actually, I have liked you for a long time as well.”

If the girl were to sweetly accept the confession of the boy, going by the story development, it could very well be the start of an incredibly sweet youth comedy.

However, most of the time, the recollections of one’s youth contains some bitterness. 90% of the events never go as planned.

“… I’m sorry. Actually, I have someone that I like.”

This is probably a realistic development. The development might end up to be winding but as long as the male protagonist were to continue to work hard in pursuing her, there might be a turning point.

But sometimes…

“You useless trash, you dare to confess to me despite your background? How much fortune do you have? How much do you earn every year? Are you results good enough to go into that university? What kind of job do you intend to take on in the future. Let’s clarify it first, if your annual salary doesn’t hit a million, you can scram.”

Alright, this is a much more realistic development, as well as the ache in the hearts of countless matured men. However, this isn’t the worst case scenario.

At the very least, there is a possibility for them to fight on. It isn’t as despairing as the one below.

“I’m sorry. I like girls.”

This… The difficulty is really a little too high. If this isn’t an excuse came up by the girl to reject you, it is best if you give up directly.

“Haha. Actually, I am your mother/father/elder sister/younger brother.”

This is even more complicated. If that fellow didn’t watch too much Star Wars or Korean dramas, if what she said is true… Anyway, before you bring her for a blood test, it might still be better for you to bring her to a psychiatrist.

“I’m sorry. I am only into the 2D. I have no interest in 3D apes who grow leg hair and chest hair!”

This is even more despairing. Of course, to a small portion of comrades who have unique living habits, this kind of female shut-in might seem more desirable… However, the truth is that if the female shut-ins uses the 2D as a standard for comparison, they would have a much higher expectation for one’s outer appearance. Thus, the male shut-ins would be in for a tragedy.

Sometimes, the main difference between a novel and reality is that novels need to be logical. However, reality doesn’t have to be so.

“I like you, please be my girlfriend.”

“I’m sorry, I am a vampire and my family said that I am banned from going out with humans. Although you are only half a human, you are also a part of the 3D. I am only interested in the 2D and I do not have any interest in 3D apes who grow leg hair and chest hair! The ones that I like the most are 2D girls! Furthermore, I already have someone that I like!”

This scene… I’m sorry, as a onlooker, I have no idea how I should respond. There are too many points on it to retort on, where should I start…

“Smile, it is all fine as long as I smile… the hell! How is what is on top any different from a tragedy!! Furthermore, it is all of the tragedies put together as one! How much does one has to be of a failure to meet with this kind of incident? Furthermore, what do you mean by vampire? Is this really a high school of the real world? Give me back the perspective of a normal scientific world!”

Suran878 and Raebit like this.
  13. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know if its still updating?

14. 8theaven

8theaven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nope just read the MTL in Comrademao it isn't that bad they're using the latest version of google translate

15. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious about the title

16. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did see the mtl has been updated in a few months

17. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    it's called Rise of the demon king I posted it above someone else asked.

Raebit likes this.
  18. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed this author's works, you have good taste.

aegis062 likes this.
  19. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any line from a character named @Ai chan is funny in any novel.

20. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably when the host thought the system is a good system while it's actually a pit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.