Dealing with post completion depression

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by thechaptermonster, Jun 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thechaptermonster

thechaptermonster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A story I've been following for a while completed today. It ended well enough, but it still came as a surprise. Because I wanted more it felt rather abrupt. It's been something that I've looked forward to on a day by day basis for a while now, and it's absence will leave a sizable void in my life.

Would like to give a parting hooray! For God'sfall Chronicles. If you haven't read it I would highly recommend it.

That being said... Is there anything good out there right now?

I feel like I'm just starting to date again after an LTR. T^T

2. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i understand you man.
    i'm the same, sometimes i have even push out some novels i like when i feel the "ending" is coming just to avoid it, even more when i'm on this "hobby" for years already ; is just that there is not a lot of novels anymore left for me to read, after all i'm not a novel junky that read anything and all plus after all those years i discovered that letting the novel build up chapters before ending is a lot better, since it allows you to read it and really "feel" the ending when you don't have to stop every time because the 1 or 2 chapters today already have been "released", so i let it build up and also helps to avoid the depression!.(but now that i thought about it when writing this; maybe this is one of the reason why the depression hit me so hard.)

but going back to the depression let me tell you i'm on the shit today because just this week i have completed 2 novels; and you know what? one of them i "had" pushed out just because i "felt" the ending was coming, like just a few chapters before the author was literally going full rocket on the plot (maybe because all that **** is happening in cn authors lately about contract that people keep saying on the net) so, i pushed this novel out and started a new one to avoid the depression; 1800 chapters later +-, i had finished this new novel and got a full blow from
    completion depression
    so after that i passed the rest of the day doing nothing useful, mainly watching paint on the wall dry (and is a old wall already) and after a few hours recovering i thought was time to go back and read something but i did not thought it well enough and the novel i choice was exactly that novel i had pushed away before but to my surprise there was only 2 chapters left hahaha, basically the author had finished the novel on the next day after i left to avoid getting a depression because i felt it was ending so when i was recovering from my first depression i got another blow!
    So it have been two days that i don't touch a novel;just wasting time, see i wrote a fucking all text about completion depression and did not even made any
    recommendation to you, just to make you waste your time reading my walltext without any mention of new novels for you to read :cool::cool::cool::cool:, all of this just so we could waste our times together :):):):)

3. whitespade

whitespade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't have post completion depression if you never complete your novel *tap head

My reading list is so long because I just don't finish my novel, and just read more and more new things to also abandon them in the end.

4. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I go through something similar when I complete a novel that I got hooked or caught up I wonder if there's something similar and try to search for another long running good novel.

5. Yairy

Yairy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt this void of hopelessness before. It strangles at your heart because no matter how great the story was and how much you wish for the ending you want...in the end when it's over...it's over. It was this that made me want to start writing my stories too. I found a story I loved and read it from beginning to end and wanted something similar. There, of course, were stories of the same variety but nothing would fill that hole in me at that's when I said...Why don't I try to make something similar and see if that fills the void? That was my way of coming to terms with my post-story-depression.

6. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    As for me, the only way to handle it is by preparing another good quality novel before i read the ending or epilogue. ‘-‘)

7. sleepingdepression

sleepingdepression Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats smart but if you don’t complete it you feel empty, and if you complete it you also feel empty so it’s a loss if you ever touch a light novel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.