Spoiler The Adonis Next Door

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rena.anggreina, Feb 6, 2017.

1. xiashenghan

xiashenghan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the latest translated chapters, I'm guessing Xu Wennuan and Lu Bancheng cannot be together anymore seeing how much she's afraid of him?

And no wonder no one reads further than their story, it is more frustrating than Qi Zhi'ai and Gu Yusheng's story.

2. jennamt4

jennamt4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally read further along. Wu Hao did say something about signing a contract for a big project with Qianqian's company or her family's company and thus he started sleeping with her because of it but he never fell in love with her. He was simply using her and she was meant to be a "one-night stand". Wennuan was going to give him another chance but Qianqian called her to ask her to let Wu Hao go because she's pregnant. Wennuan ignored her but they bumped into each other. When Wennuan tried to escape Qianqian, Qianqian set up a scheme making it look like Wennuan pushed her which resulted in her having a miscarriage. Later on, there will be news of Wu Hao and Qianqian getting marry. I'm not sure if they were already married but one night while Wu Hao was drunk, Qianqian called him. He must have set her caller ID to say "My wife". In his confusion, he called her "my wife Nuannuan".

After Wennuan finds out about it, Wu Hao stopped contacting Qianqian. She purposely waited until it was too late to abort the baby before telling Wu Hao that she's pregnant. Still, he tells her that he won't be with her and her baby will not have a father. However, when Wu Hao realized that Wennuan won't come back to him, he does go back to Qianqian.

stumblmer and Lilly1234 like this.
  3. jennamt4

Reading List:
    Link
    I wished that the author separated the story. The end of QZ and GYS's story was interlaced with XWN and LBC's beginning which felt like a rollercoaster to me. We get happy scenes of the former and sad scenes of the latter.

I meant to just finish reading the main couple's story but got pulled into this trainwreck of the second couple's story, lol.

stumblmer likes this.
  4. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    is it just me or the guy on the cover looks like LuHan?

5. jennamt4

Reading List:
    Link
    I seriously cried so much!

Qin Jiayan is QZA's brother. In college, Qin Jiayan and Su Qing were bf/gf. Su Qing came from the countryside so she was poor. During college, Qin Jiayan & QZA's mom was hospitalized, both siblings couldn't afford to pay the bills and the hospital was on the verge of kicking her out. At the same time, Su Qing's father fell down the mountain and also needed money for the bills. Su Qing agreed to become the wife of a rich man in order to cover his homosexuality in exchange for money. She used that money to pay her father's hospital bills and Qin Jiayan's mom's hospital bill (which she donated anonymously). She breaks up with Qin Jiayan and made excuses that she rather be with a rich man. About 10 years later, Qin Jiayan and Su Qing meet again when Qin Jiayan goes on a blind date with Su Qing's sister-in-law. Qin Jiayan hasn't gotten over her but he hates her as well.

Su Qing and her husband-in-name (Lin Mo) have a bad relationship. He resents her because his family forced him to marry her. So he spends his time physically abusing her. Qin Jiayan witnessed Lin Mo's abuse of her but walks away from her. However, the second time he sees this, he rescued her. Su Qing's mother-in-law drugged her hoping that she and Lin Mo would have intercourse and conceive a baby. However, Lin Mo finds out about his mother's idea so he abused her and allowed his friends to molest her. This is when Qin Jiayan steps in and takes her away. He brings her to his apartment and due to the drug, they slept together. The next morning, Su Qing tells him to forget about what happened and act as if nothing happened. He happened to see bruises all over her body (now that it's daylight) and realized that her husband has been beating her. He tells her that she deserved it because she wanted to marry a rich man and live a life of luxury. When Su Qing returns home, she goes to the Lin Family and asked for a divorce. However, they showed her picture evidence of Qin Jiayan taking home. They blackmailed her saying that if she divorced Lin Mo, they would release this photo to the Beijing social circle announcing that Qin Jiayan slept with a married woman.

QZA tells Qin Jiayan that their mother have been looking for the donor who helped them out with the hospital bills. Back then, they didn't have the resources to find out but now she's asked her husband to look into it. Qin Jiayan went out of town for business for a few days and when he returned to his apartment, he finds blood on his bedsheets. He realized that Su Qing was a virgin when they slept together which meant that she's never slept with her husband all these years despite being married for 10 years. He called her and tell her to come out, otherwise, he would storm the Lin Family estate. She comes out and he confronts her about her marriage of convenience with Lin Mo and virginity. He asked her to leave with him and divorced Lin Mo but she refused. She wanted to but the Lin Family is blackmailing her and she felt like Qin Jiayan deserved a better woman. Afterward, Qin Jiayan decides to be serious about going on blind dates and getting married. He ends up choosing a woman named Xia Yi. They start dating seriously with an engagement date set.

One day Xia Yi's father was hospitalized and Qin Jiayan was picking them up from the hospital when he sees Su Qing for the first time in over a month. However, he just ignores her and drive away with his future fiancee and father-in-law. Su Qing finds out that she's pregnant. She's concerned that with all the abuse from Lin Mo, she would lose her child with Qin Jiayan. Her friend Zhang Li tells her to discuss it with Qin Jiayan. Su Qing follows Qin Jiayan and Xia Yi to the mall where they bought their engagement rings. While Xia Yi was waiting for the store to pack up their purchases, Qin Jiayan step out to go to bathroom. That's when he bumps into Su Qing. She asked him if he was getting married. He tells her that he is and walks away. Su Qing sees that Qin Jiayan seems to care a lot about Xia Yi.

2 days before the engagement, there is news that they found out who the donor is so Qin Jiayan, QZA, their mom, and GYS travel 3 hours to reach the house of the donor who turns out to be Zhang Li. She asked to speak with Qin Jiayan alone and tells him everything including Su Qing's money donation, her marriage of convenience with Lin Mo, the blackmail from the Lin Family, the baby. In the end, she tells him that Su Qing committed suicide. She found out that there was a yacht party and Su Qing jumped out and committed suicide although no body was found. Su Qing had told Zhang Li before that because she was afraid of miscarrying her child with Qin Jiayan, she has no choice but to keep the child company which Zhang Li later realized meant she was going to commit suicide.

After this, Qin Jiayan and his family went straight to the Lin Family, forced them to sign the divorce agreement, and delete the blackmail photos. He also took away Su Qing's stuff. When he gets home, he goes through her stuff and sees her diary. In there, she tells him that she loves him, explains everything, and why she made the choices she did. Qin Jiayan tells his mother that he can't go through with the engagement with Xia Yi. Qin Jiayan finally tells his family what Su Qing had sacrificed for him.

3 years later, Su Qing and her son are living in another city. The author said she wanted to leave the story as-is (with Su Qing's suicide) but readers were unhappy so she wrote an open-ending. However, she believed that people who truly love each other will reunite once again so there's hope for Qin Jiayan and Su Qing!

stumblmer, xiashenghan and maecasano like this.
  6. xiashenghan

xiashenghan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for that but damn I hate open endings the most.

jennamt4 likes this.
  7. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Locke_Lamora

Locke_Lamora Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

I think you have a slight misunderstanding. Wu Hao used to drug Qianqain so that she would meet him. He used to give her cake with drugs so she would be dependent on him and help him get contacts. This was all to get rich and help him achieve his goal of being rich with Wennuan. However, as mentioned in the story once he goes to the hospital he finds out that there was something in his blood. It turns ut at the same time as he was drugging Qianqain she was drugging him with the same drug. That's why he had a one night stand with Qianqain and why he kept going back. It wasn't that he didn't love Wannuan but that he had to rely on the drug. This is why he became less active and not as friendly with Wannuan. In the end when he told Wannuan about the watch and how the other guy got paralyzed trying to save her he never told her about his story because of his love for her. Furthermore, with his withdrawal from the drug, he couldn't live a happy life with her, so he chose to give it all up, for her. So in the end he actually always loved her. But maybe being rich causes him to be heartless which in turn led to this. If you think that it's sad what happened to him; it is as he lost the love of his life, but you have to realize he also ruined Qianqain life by drugging her. So, it was basically his fault in the end.

Overall, this is a happy story, unless you read the depressing side story of Qi Zhi'ai and Gu Yusheng's. Like b**** please, she could've told him how they were threatening her. They could've tried to fix it. They could've done so much in that situation. But noooooooo she chose to sacrifice herself. I'm so upset over this.

stumblmer likes this.
  9. jennamt4

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I see, I didn't realize he drugged her too. I thought she was the one drugging him only because she's loved him since high school and used QZA and GYS's issues to get close to him again. I know he had to go to rehab.

10. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he Wu Hao drugged Jiang Qianqian? I didn’t read that anywhere in the story, or did I missed it somehow? From what I understand, he went to the drinking party, as usual, where they have business discussions and such, Qianqian baited him with tenders, at this point he was at his lowest, his company almost going under because some peoples with connections got the projects he’s aiming, and He didn’t tell Wennuan this to not worry her, and Qianqian took advantage of this to hooked him with the drug provided by her brother, then he got too drunk (probably this is where he was also given the drugged cake by Qianqian, because he mentioned that it’s not that he didn’t love Xu Wennuan, but he keep coming back for the cake) and had a one night stand with Qianqian. Afterwards, even though he noticed that he was schemed, he choose to close one eyes so he can use Qianqian resources. And it was indeed because of her that his company rebounded and even got listed in the US, also because of the connections Qianqian provided. He keep evidence of the drug she used on him so that she have to admit that she’s the one behinds the kidnapping, else even her brother will be jailed too because he’s the one who provided her with the drug.

for the kidnapping part, I felt like Lu Bancheng is rather stupid. He has all the time in the world to watch the kidnappers doing this and that with Xu Wennuan, but he didn’t even call the police during those time. I get it he wanted to be the hero, but isn’t the most logical thing to do the moment you noticed crime is to call the police?
    And I agree with the Su Qing part. When she said the Lin had a handle on her, I didn’t think it will be that “solvable.” Just look at how simply QY solved it in the end. And he had give her that option, even told her that not only he’s capable, he’s also backed by one of the most powerful man/family in the city, his brother in law. But I guess, Su Qing just simply want drama.
    The men in this story are abusive, and have anger issues. They get angry very easily, then became abusive, worst, r@pist (Gu Yusheng n Lu Bancheng(albeit only once compared to Gu Yusheng who did it again and again and again everytime he got angry at FL)). It doesn’t help that they’re also likes to makeup their own stories in their head, jumping into conclusions here and there. It’s pretty much the same with the women in this regards. Then the author “made up” for these by making the men, a self sacrificing story.