LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is it so wrong to risk death for something more than something already broken? Every gain has a risk in the process or after it. I kind of sympathize with the man. His life back on Earth is shit. Kim Hannah turned his already broken family ties into dumpster shit. It's no longer a matter of reconciling with them or asking for their forgiveness, because his family obviously doesn't want it. Even his brother said it, he wants to believe him, but deep inside there's still that scar afraid of being tore open again. That family needs time to heal and Paradise for Seol is his haven. Why try reopen wounds of the past, like the in previous family visits?

I don't know if at the end of the novel, will he makeup with them or not, but I rather he find his peace in Paradise than on Earth. His true calling is on Paradise. Let him die what he loved best rather than rot inside again back on Earth. I hate how everyone shows concern about Soel's mental health, when in fact, the only ones showing such attitudes are Maldong (100%), Sheonwa (45%), Sui (20%), and probably Kim Hannah (I don't know about her after this revelation). It's not their place to interfere in his private life, especially when all's "good" right now in Paradise.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maldong himself said there is still hope to fix his family issues. The problem was that he blew it by paying them money (as if to settle his past debt) as opposed to sincerely apologizing for his past actions. His sister is probably the least receptive to him, but his mom still cares for him (as noted by his brother) and even though his brother is still scared deep down, he still went to meet him, indicating hope.

I'm sure that's what suicidal people need. Other people in their life to mind their own business and not help them out of that unhealthy mindset.

kaisis and tkato like this.
  3. Arca

Arca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why can you not understand that he can be helping and risking his life on paradise AND have a healty relationship with his family back on earth?
    His mom was practically ready to forgive him on the spot. his father was angry because Seol does not understand that the main issue was not the money, it was his attitude, behaviour and actions, his brother already has somewhat regular contact with him but is still weary of him and Yoo Seonhwa is ready to start things over with him.
    The main issue here is Seol, he wants his family forgiveness but is unable to fully undestand how to gain it and unable to take the first step.

4. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you really, really sure about that? Let's just agree to disagree from my bias point of view.
    I'm obviously projecting on Seol Jihu circumstances with my own. I can't rationally think about these matters, since it almost hits close to home. Sigh. I have no problem Seol Jihu reconciling with his life on Earth, but I hate it when people think and believe they're doing the best for others as if they were in their deeply rooted in their ground. I'll never understand why it's so wrong to not think about family for a second. Why is it always family this, family that? The main cause of his gambling addiction was due to family and now he has to suffer again for family? Or is it for himself to fully move on? I'm not saying Soel Jihu is the only victim here, he was definitely the perpetrator of his own and others wounds. Regardless, I'm probably not going to like reading the next chapter with that title. I just hope he stays in Paradise for good.
    Cain and Abel all over again. Why is it such ancient traditions continue to be upheld by the modern man? It seems we can never escape from our birthright and our so deeply cursed bloodline. Humanity can never abandon or be freed of the shackles placed upon them from the beginning to our end. Ah, woe are we to decide a fate dictated upon us by the heavens above? Woe!

I rest my case (rant).
    Is it wrong to not have a healthy relationship with your own family? Is it so wrong only for you to have a healthy mindset? That man was going to kill himself in the new timeline. He already lost everything in the previous timeline. Yeah yeah, I know this is called the second coming, so it will be experiencing new paths alongside atoning for he's past misdeeds from both lives. I just really hate it when people or characters force this disgusting image of a happy, friendly family along with that nauseating hope for fixing things already beyond repair. Real life or fiction, some things can't be fixed or return what they used to be. He already said his piece and they said theirs, but you know what? This is fiction, alright! Maldong was right! His family are definitely reincarnations of Buddhas and saints!

marids likes this.
  5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well first off its family this and family that because familial ties are very important in Asian households/culture and this is a Korean novel. as to his gambling addiction, it definitely wasnt caused by his family it was his 9 eyes ability that led to the addiction and then the eventual lost of said ability is what made him spiral. sure his family contributed but i dont think you can say its his families fault he became a gambling addict. i agree with you though if he sincerely tries to fix things instead of just giving them money and it doesnt work out then theres nothing wrong with him just cutting ties, but before he decides to fully stay in paradise i think its important he at least try to fix things on earth. if he fixes everything with his family and still feels paradise is the best place for him great, but its worth him trying to mend his relationship with them because it isnt like they are toxic for his life and abuse/take advantage of him. if he fixes his relationship with his family that would be really good for him and his life and be a positive step forward instead of just escaping to paradise to avoid the problems

Arca likes this.
  6. marids

marids Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This. Entirely.

While I love this web novel, I utterly hate how other people and characters are forcing their perception, morality and goals onto the Main Character. A person's life should be their own to use, to abuse, to sacrifice, and even to throw away. The only reason they can't is when they're emotionally connected and invested in considering how their life affects others, which I don't see much point of in this case when he has no real connections worth considering to begin with left on Earth.

If only considering from a cost and gain perspective, this is what I can list from memory for what an influence Seol's options and choices to take from this point on.

Choice: Obeying without question
    Gains: Further training from Maldong, potential relationship repair from family, potential life on Earth if he dies in Paradise, potential repair of other relationships he ruined.
    Cost: Far more drama, multiple chapters to entire arcs written only about how far he has to torture himself to prove his sincerity to the people he wants to reconnect with, planning to mitigate the damage from his death in Paradise as opposed to concentrating more effort on simply not dying to begin with, and all independence and self-control as he becomes essentially just a device to let everyone else to live out their lives vicariously by using him to do what they themselves wish to do if they were ever in his position.

Choice: Be his own master
    Cost: Any further training from Maldong, loss of what little chance left to repair relationships on Earth (which he didn't even think were repairable anyways, for good reasons), needing to seek out his own way to gain power without Maldong (which he has done plenty of times with or without Maldong's help many times already due to his own cleverness, inherited memories from Nine eyes, and every other friend and ally he has on Paradise), any chance to live a long and/or healthy life on Earth if he ever dies.
    Gains: Properly solidifying his decision to truly live his life because and for Paradise, becoming more independent on his growth, potentially seeking a way to permanently transmigrating as an Earthling to a Paradisian even if he ends the Parasite Queen threat (not that hard to imagine if he gets enough contribution and support for it, along with his own will and wish to be granted as a reward), throwing away all the Earth past-life drama to make way for more interesting plot progression and characters.

While my opinion may seem callous, personally the way I see it Seol's life on Earth already ended on the day he tried to commit suicide, and as such his new chance at life and reasons to live are practically completely from starting over in Paradise. In that sense if he dies in Paradise he essentially has no life left to live for anyways, so it doesn't matter if he dies via suicide again on Earth. After all, how many people truly started to read this novel about Seol reclaiming his everyday happy ordinary Earth life, as opposed to say him becoming a Hero-King of Paradise that saved that world and lived there in worldwide glory and adoration for the rest of his life instead? Because honestly speaking there's no way I would've ever cared to even start reading this novel if THAT was the goal. (If it is though please don't spoil it here. I got enough of a lame and boring bad end from The Novel's Extra and I'd like to enjoy this one as far as I can if/before it ends up like that again.)

Tarrian likes this.
  7. Arca

Arca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Seol began gambling to experiment with nine eyes. he lost the ability and began to cause harm to himself and his loved ones.
    This was before he was given the previous timeline emotions, after that he never even thought of commiting suicide (save for the tigol fortress war).
    The whole point of this discussion is, it does not matter how we see it, the one that has to take action is Seol and he wants to be happy with his family, it is not complicated.

8. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not blaming the family. I'm saying the reason why he abused his Nine Eyes was for the sake of earning more for his family. We all know how that ends. Now he has to to suffer again for whose sake? His family or himself? This is where I disagree with the view of others. Now what irks me more is that Soel Jihu in my eyes was in a far worse situation than his family. Man almost committed suicide. Look at his family, I don't see any of them trying to kill themselves or rather, they're actually healing over time until Kim Hannah intervened of course. Haha. I just hate these characters acting like they know it all when they definitely don't. Sucks even more when Seol can't tell the reason why. It's like Subaru's curse of unable to tell and all his "efforts" gone to waste.
    Not all problems can be solved by just confronting them. Few problems aren't problems if you don't make them problem. It's a like trying to win in a rigged game. You can't. Luckily for Seol Jihu, the author is the one rigging the game.

I'm gonna wait the rest of the chapters, because I'll certainly be depressed reading the upcoming chapter while waiting for more depressing content. Who knows, though? It may result in something good in the end, but I'm not that patience or strong to believe in such a miracle for situations like his.
    Exactly! THIS!

I wonder what Maldong and his team's faces would look like if he told him he was a suicide survivor. Hahahahaha!
    Wasn't it for his family or did I remember things wrongly? I know he lost in himself in gambling after all that winning.
    The manhwa shows suicide attempt by hanging, though?
    We both know that. I'm not angry at him. I'm disappointed and angry at Maldong. Surprised and saddened at Kim Hannah; and disagreeing with others saying having an unhealthy mind is bad.
    It isn't but Seol's messy situation is.

tkato likes this.
  9. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it wasnt for his family, his ex needed money for school but i dont remember it ever being stated gambling to get a lot of money was the only way for that to happen. i think he just realized itd be easy money because of his special ability and then he kept going until he lost it. so you could argue maybe indirectly the ex was at fault but even then we've never seen it say he needed to gamble. it was a choice he made that turned out to be a very bad choice.
    this is true, but he wants a relationship with his family and the only way to get those relationships back is by confronting his mistakes and the things he did to hurt them. sure its not a problem if he just ignores his family and never talks to them again, but that isnt what he wants so he has to confront the problem head on here.
    i can agree here to a degree, maldong was very very harsh with Seol but i think that thats just culturally how it works in Korea with the importance of family and parents. Kim Hannah i dont really know her angle yet but shes always been someone who has her own agenda, i can only hope she didnt intentionally try to ruin Seol's chance to reconcile with his family for whatever plan she had. as for an unhealthy mind being bad, i mean thats just factually true. that doesnt mean no one should ever have an unhealthy mind or you should scold and ridicule those who do, but you should always try to listen and help in whatever way you can when you know someone whos going through something. im not saying everyone should always be happy and positive, its definitely ok to have bad days and be in a slump. but you should always try to help those out who you see are going through things because overall its better for that person to eventually break out of that negative and unhealthy mindset. how you go about helping that person though is very important and in this case i dont know if Maldong made the right choice in how he behaved to Seol and giving him an ultimatum. its hard to grasp what sort of guidance Seol needs because we've seen him be very astute in certain situations and completely clueless in others. if i had to say what Maldong should have done though, it would have been calmly explaining to Seol his families point of view and why his apology didnt fix the problem the first time. i think Seol needed support here rather then just getting criticized and told off by someone he looks up to as a mentor. i get what your saying though, your main issue isnt with Seol wanting to make up with his family, its everyone telling him he has to do it a certain way and if he doesnt it'll be bad for him and i can agree to a certain extent with you on that. i think they should help give him a push towards making up with his family but i think it should have been handled better. and probably Yuhui should have been there she seems to understand Seol best in paradise so she could have probably gotten the best response out of Seol

10. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the mysteries yet to be unraveled in the story. Who exactly is Yuhui? Some theorize the younger sister, since it's already pretty much confirmed Baek is Seol's ex. Lots of evidence pointing it out. If Yuhui isn't the younger sister, then the other theory about her being from another timeline might be true, but such a thing is weird. I mean, remember that conversation between Baek and Yuhui with Seol passed out after going berserk? Yeah, the implications hidden in Yuhui's words tells me the first theory has better chance of being true. But that's make the whole thing even weirder, because how did the young sister become an ara~ ara~ onee-san type character?

11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think it fits her being the younger sister. we saw at the very start of the novel when he went to visit his ex the little sister had just left for school. so they live together with no parents on earth but have a big disagreement on paradise about Seol? i mean maybe but i just dont see how it all adds up. especially since Yuhui is such a high level and had been in paradise for a long time, thatd mean she basically had to be in paradise since right after Seol lost regular contact with them and somehow stay in paradise enough to become a high ranker, but also maintain a school life on earth. i personally lean more towards the theory about her also being from another timeline, but thats more so because thats the only thing that makes sense to me with her caring so much about Seol if she isnt the little sister. i also think with how Yuhui treats Seol Baek wouldnt let her little sister treat him like that with how she groomed Seol from a young age. thats one of the things im hoping for on this trip to earth though, that we get progress with who the ex is in paradise (meaning Seol learns shes Baek Haeju or at least learns that she is in paradise somewhere) and im also hoping somehow he tells his brother about paradise. it'll probably cause problems if they find out hes doing something so dangerous but i think the best way to fix his family issues is to just be honest. although i really doubt the author has Seol tell them about paradise

12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't there a rule about keep Paradise itself and things to related to it a secret? Of course, that didn't stop businesses from greedily making transactions or slavery in secret. Still at least they're doing business with those in the know, but Seol's brother is an outsider. I could be remembering it all wrongly again like the reason why he abused Nine Eyes.

13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is, but i have to imagine there are ways around it like all the other rules earthlings arent meant to break. like i said though i highly doubt the author actually goes that route though and actually has Seol tell his family. i think the only way his family finds out is if someone kidnaps them and uses them to threaten Seol if/when he starts getting rid of more bad orgs in paradise.

14. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this might be the next arc if not the final one, since Yuhui has her plans on exposing the traitors. At least we know Sinyoung's boss isn't a traitor, but the rest of the members... sigh. Just remembering about her getting gang raped by countless corpses was absolutely horrid. It's like that isekai manga about a family of four, the step-mother, two step-sisters, and the protagonist are summoned to defeat an invasion of tree-like corpse rapists monsters on the verge of submerging a beast-man country or nation.

15. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Erm, she was gang raped by her own choice when she tried to join Vulgar Chastity. Even if she wasn’t a traitor before, the result of her actions were the same as her being one. She is extremely selfish and I wouldn’t doubt for a minute she would turn tail and run if things get ugly, which is why past Jihu threatened to kill her. I mean, she was given the choice to regroup with humanity and try for real to save Paradise or fuck off. What did she do? Tried to join the Parasites. So yeah, don’t be too hopeful on what side she’s in.

16. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the next chapter’s sneak peek, for once Jihu is showing withdrawal signs and it’s only been seconds since he was kinda forced to leave Paradise.

17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya idk about that, she gives a sketchy vibe off. not saying shes a traitor but we havent seen her true colors yet either imo.
    ya hes struggling super hard and it was also interesting to see how everyone else wants to forget as much about paradise as possible.

18. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, but it doesn't make the whole scene imagined far easier to swallow. I've read lots of rape content, but this takes the cake. What could be worse than sacrificing oneself bitterly for revenge by having one's own body, mind, and soul violated to their core by countless rotting abominations for what could be in minutes or hours but certainly felt like longer than the act itself.
    Soel Jihu was the same, though. He was just pissed off by her hypocrisy, especially when see mentioned that woman Seol chose to fight for in return for abandoning the front lines for humanity. He jeered at her for thinking she might have a chance with him. He was right. She used him. He used her. She was just manipulator turned "woman" only to get face smacked by the reality of the situation. We'll see if she'll join the Parasites in this timeline or not, just like how Seol changed other people's fate from siding with the Parasites to his side.
    We already did in the previous timeline. I don't know if she harbors affection for Seol Jihu of this timeline, but it's definitely not a lie that she's interested in him for personal gain or that unsuspecting love.

Ah, damn it! I can't! I'm going to read the new chapter tonight, even if it hurts my sanity and heart!

19. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    You've never really cared enough about a person to try and dig them out of whatever hole they have fallen into, huh?

Its not about his connections with his family. The issue is with Seol himself.

Seol is going down a path of no return right now, and the path is not a good one. He's so focused on Paradise he can't even see the things around him or consider how other people feel about things. Its why Maldong is so forceful with him on this stuff, because he's forced to think about other people, and most importantly himself when he's with his family.

Its not really about forcing their morals or goals onto anyone, its about trying to help someone through their mistakes so they don't make a bigger one.

20. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Hannah. Aside from Jihu, no one likes her. Even though it's her own fault that this happens, it's kind of sad to see it.

tkato likes this.