Discussion About immortal

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Return, Jun 20, 2020.

?

Immorality

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Eternal youth

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that human lifespan is too long 77 to 100 years is long enough to make anyone barely care about a thing why do people seek immortality not eternal youth ? I don't get the part about wanting to live forever who live for longer than 40 years this discussion is for how people view human lifespan and who see it short and want immortality or not

Martialegg and FIEND like this.
  2. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Peeps do whatever they they feel satisfied with

Slayerwolfx2 and AncientFang like this.
  3. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say yes, but without needing sleep or food, but still capable of it.
    Life is rather enjoyable if you don't HAVE to do anything.

In a regular week I can't really just lie back and relax, not thinking of anything. If I don't have to go to work or anything, then I can easily lie back and spend an hour or two just enjoying being.
    Everyday life is too stressful today, we're literally forced into a lifestyle none of us are made for, some adapt better than others, but It's not ideal for any of us.

4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a little confused about what you’re saying. Are you saying that people shouldn’t live past 40? Because then I’d have to disagree with you. I wouldn’t have been born if that were the case. Plus, I’m only seven years from that cut off point myself, and there’s still living I want to do. If you’re saying, do I want to be immortal? Then the answer would be “no.” And I don’t want eternal youth either. It would be nice to age without my body breaking down and die painlessly in my sleep, but that seems highly unlikely.

5. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

Nit everyones an intellectual

6. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

edit: fixed video

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  7. mjmking

mjmking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disregarding whether immortality is even possible, my question is whether the human mind is even capable of handling such a situation.

Return likes this.
  8. AbrarMalik

Reading List:
    Link
    If you study deeply about Noah, he was about 950 years. His 400 would be equivalent to our 40-45 years.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Return likes this.
  9. AbrarMalik

Reading List:
    Link
    We have evolved physically backwards

10. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like my mind to be uploaded to a computer network where I can mine virtual rocks to earn enough of a living to pay for my reading habits.

11. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortality = undying.
    I would choose to be undying rather than eternally young but capable of death.

12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are multiple types of immortality. True immortality is to never age nor die. Age here refers to both the body and soul or mind. True immortality in my eyes should be called eternity or an eternal being.

Those who desire immortality either fear death too much or have some goal they can only accomplish through immortality in this physical world.

13. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree but you know you can be rich simply at 60 or 70 years old if you save and buy apartment and farm lands and hire people to work and start a cooperation with some factories and organizations and then expand and repeat that will happen after 30years if you started from 30 and then you can be rich in your country not filthy rich but can afford alot of things and relax lifestyle but that will happen to your family meaning kids and grandkids meaning you won't fully enjoy it yourself I can understand the desire for immortality in here but why others that have no dream and living by day want immortality

14. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, please put periods.

Second of all, not anyone can just get rich with just hard work and plans. You need luck and by luck, I mean the chance encounter of a lifetime or having the predisposition to take advantage of others (your surroundings).

Third of all, not everyone wants to have a family. Let's get real here, family isn't the greatest thing out there. People have different ways to enjoy themselves.

Last of all, having no dreams and a stable lifestyle doesn't allow you to pursue or desire immortality? Nonsense! I understand you can't understand that, since as I said people are different except their human nature; but desiring immortality by itself is evident that they do have a dream. Said dream can be a goal or wish, a curse or a reality they yearn for in their mortal life. Having stable lifestyle isn't enough for those who aspire to become immortals.

They very core of becoming immortal is rejecting your own humanity. To deny yourself the right to experience the lifetime only a human can; all the joys and sorrows that follow you from beginning to end. To become immortal is to abandon the world of common sense as you know it. To live through lives in a blink of an eye but remain ever clear minded or clouded after countless years of still walking on this planet. Perhaps, even up to the age of finally traversing between those oceans of stars.

You underestimate the greediness innate in that ardent colored world of gold. As the old saying goes, time is gold; and since they desire more time than what was given to them, then rather than prolonging a predetermined end as a human. Why not become something else, something more or less human. An immortal who can have all the time in the world and experience different joys and sorrows that humans can never fully understand to themselves.

Sorry, slightly pissed off reading your reply, because I just read Second Coming of Gluttony's Confession (2).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  15. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    Scog sucks but tbh there is no novel that is decent nowadays so people read it because it is daily actually if it wasn't daily it won't have been popular and I agree with you it seems this topic isn't a popular one to talk about

16. mjmking

mjmking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree, since if you were incapable of dying, you would technically survive beyond the death of the Earth, and eventually the effective death of the universe. Such an existence seems like it would be far worse than death, basically an endless form of torment.

17. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    It's what stands between yourself and higher cultivation.

Fulminata likes this.
  18. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    The key reason why people wants immortality is because they feared death and afraid to lost all of his possession and effort he worked so hard to achieve or has yet to achieve his dreams and wants.

When you worked so hard throughout your life and when it’s finally the time to reap the sweet fruit, accidents happened.
    Something like incurable disease.

In gaming term, it feels like you’re playing a game for a year and when you almost become the no.1 player, the game is announcing a permanent shutdown. When you look at how much time, money, and effort invested on it, you’ll feel like shit xd

19. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the human mind isn't wired to be stable for living much longer than 100 years. Considering how I am now at less than half my expected lifespan; if I had the capability to live forever I'd probably be end up either acting like a vegetable or insane past ~150 years+.

20. _BlissCity_

_BlissCity_ head above the clouds

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft.... Hahaha..

I don't know why. I just thought that this was funny hahahaha