Resolved [JP] Need some help

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Hasr11, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not quite getting what this paragraph means.

ユリカノはご丁寧にも、婚礼前夜にヨルガと結ばれたことや、忙しさにかまけたアンドリムが初夜に夫婦の寝室に来なかったこと。悪阻の始まった時期から逆算し、腹に宿った子供の父親がヨルガであると気付いていたこと。悍ましいと感じながらも、子供を守る為にアンドリムを閨に誘い、その手に抱かれたこと……などをかなり赤裸々に綴っている。

I gave it a shot and this is the best I could do

On the eve of her wedding, the normally cautious Yurikano had a dalliance with Jolga, and Anderheim was too busy to visit the bridal chamber on their wedding night. Counting backwards from the day her morning sickness began, she realised the child in her belly was Jolga’s. She felt disgust, yet the fact that she invited Anderheim to her room and was held by him in that way to protect her child......spelled it out quite clearly.

2. elberthomax

elberthomax Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yurikano, while polite, entwined with jolga on the night before her wedding ceremony, Anderheim being too busy to come to the bridal chamber on their first night, and realizing the father of child within her womb is Jolga's by calculating backward from the day her morning sickness starts, yet while disgusted, seduced Anderheim to the bedroom and let herself embraced by him to protect the child. those events lay bare, spun/sewn together little by little

I wonder what should I replace entwined with, fucked?

more information needed, in what manner this information revealed? confession? or some kind of magical all seeing mirror?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  3. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    It was revealed by a confession in a diary.

The Japanese was vague so I decided to maintain that in the TLs

4. elberthomax

elberthomax Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then ...those events spelled out clearly ? it doesn't seem artistic
    ...those events play out word by word, unveiled ?

well, good luck with your translation.

Hasr11 likes this.
  5. translatingfujoshi

translatingfujoshi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    「ご丁寧にも」here is a little sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek modifier for the end of the sentence. If the scene is a third party reading the diary after the fact, the nuance is like, "Wow, she really went and laid it all out here." If the third party was specifically looking for some kind of evidence of this, then it could also be a tongue-in-cheek gratitude, like "Great, she did my job for me."

Hasr11 likes this.
  6. nachte

nachte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with the above, as an English speaker, I would parse this part together first:
    ユリカノはご丁寧にも、……などをかなり赤裸々に綴っている。​

And then fill in the account of what was written/learned.

My preference is to have something like a preamble, but it could go at the end like you have it.

Hasr11 likes this.