Discussion Choosing a Tattoo

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sinyueliang, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. saranghae

saranghae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people regret the tattoos they get when they're young... probably hold off a bit on that one.

AlanaSwang likes this.
  2. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    go badass
    DO EET

3. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Wrong mindset if you ask me. You don't 'have a month', you have as long as you want to decide.

The process should be 'this is something I really like, I should get it as a tattoo.' Not 'I should get a tattoo, I should find something I really like.'

Well, that's just my opinion. Good luck I guess.

DCLXVI, CDLevit, ORoger and 2 others like this.
  4. st8_lupe

st8_lupe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You shouldnt decide to get a design just because it looks cool. Honestly the best thing would be for you to get something that is meaningful to your life. The tiger because youre the year of the tiger is a decent reason, if you've always like idk liked wolves as a kid that a pretty good reason to go for a design. Ink is like a story being told on your body, it shouldnt be I just got this because it looks cool unless you want that kind of stupid sounding story.

AlanaSwang likes this.
  5. faraonj

faraonj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, put yourself in their shoes. Ask yourself, why would a person get a tattoo? Just to look cool? YOLO? OR it could be because it means something. I think its the latter. :)

6. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    *still has no idea*
    Hmm... *considering really looking it up*
    Yeah I've looked up about the watercolor tattoos demerits. Even though they're so freaking pretty! But I also hear they should age better if done by a good artist who knows what the fk they doing.
    Oh my God yeah no I would never do that
    No. Just no.
    Yeah that's why I'm thinking back of shoulder. My parents would never let me get one that I can't easily cover up anyways.
    Form of artistic expression...?
    *ponders on the question*
    *has no amount of patience* yeah that's bad I know...
    I understand, thanks o3o
    I've pretty much liked all animals since I was young *coughs violently* I did have an obsession with wolves, tigers, snow leopards, hawks/falcons, dragons, snakes, bunnies, ravens, and cats all at one point in life though. And I still adore them. I also like what they can all mean.

AlanaSwang likes this.
  7. Sleepy Z

Sleepy Z Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever you do, don't get words tattooed on you. Only images. You can make up an interesting or silly story with an image if you regret it, but with words you'll be looking in the mirror one day thinking 'How fucking naive was I?'

MadHatter likes this.
  8. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    I say go with temporary ones. Enjoy it for a short while, and if you still like it, reapply. if you don't or get bored of it, luckily it won't stay with you forever :p. Then again I am in the "don't get tattoos" group so yeah XD.

9. Cheath

Cheath New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, get something that you like. Just make sure your tattoo artist actually specializes in watercolor tattoos. Generally they can do different types, it's just that they are usually more skilled in a certain style. It does matter if you get it because your dad likes how it looks, but you don't. Because let's be honest, you're not going to be with your dad 24/7 and when you're taking that shower years from now, you're going to say "damn it." Also, there doesn't need to be a reason to get a tattoo. I've got two that I got just because I thought they looked cool and another that actually has symbolism. Because it's your first tattoo, you should either wait until you're more resolute or possibly try a "temporary" tattoo. I hear they're more expensive though, but I don't know much about it.

10. sleepyleaf

sleepyleaf [A Leaf In The Well][Leaf of Faith]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well as long you won't regret it in the future do it. You have the last say if you really want to get a tattoo

11. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    I have 4 tattoos and let me tell you asking people for advice regarding your first tattoo is somewhat stupid dont let other people influence you into getting something you'll later on regret

all of my tattoos were chosen by me and each represent something in my life

DONT GET IT CAUSE IT LOOKS COOL YOU TWAT

AlanaSwang and faraonj like this.
  12. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tattoos are disgusting in my opinion so i can't put myself in their shoe

13. Falhrus

Falhrus Avoiding enemies is hard work y'know?

Reading List:
    Link
    *facepalm* Bro, just pick the flowers or something. It looks pretty, has a profound presence, contains lots of deep meanings in it and it looks pretty.

Also since you like it, that's a plus well. Not sure why a guy like you would like flowers though.

14. faraonj

faraonj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand you have your perspective, but really? Your gonna say that on a forum where people have tattoos that they probably chose after careful consideration and that they know that its really special.

http://media19.onsugar.com/files/2011/10/40/0/1929/19295511/90664f3b36de30a8_rip_tattoos_1.jpg

I have this tattoo on my right forearm. It has everything in that tattoos format; my brothers name and DOB and DOD. Can you really say that's disgusting?

15. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I know. I've read some stuff about that. I was considering it but now I'm like, prob not a good idea.
    QwQ I was called a twat! Well I mean, I'm asking cuz I can't decide. I want watercolor tattoos not only cuz they pretty af (and they are) but watercolor is the first art medium I got into. Well, for the other stuff, I really like nature. But I like so much of nature it's hard deciding ._.
    IDK, if the temp ones are expensive... Paying more for something that fades faster??
    I'm a girl o.o

16. jason3893

jason3893 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with the idea of being able to cover up/hide the tattoo. When I talked to some people I know who work in the hiring department of their companies they said that having a visible tattoo immediately makes it impossible for them to be hired for some of the better positions. They said that the reasoning is that most of the better positions require someone to be seen by others while representing the company (meeting other company reps., meeting costumers, etc.). Most companies don't want people they do business with to make judgements on them due to a tattoo they see. One person I talked to said that the only time he hires someone with a visible tattoo is for the computer/tech department because no one sees them unless there is some tech issue somewhere.
    Also if you ever wanted to go to grad school and get a masters/PhD you would have an interview first and a visible tattoo would lessen your chance to get in (info I got from a relative who is the assistant dean of a private university).

Should definitely take this into consideration since your only 18 and your future is still open for many possible routes. Don't want to be closing doors before you have a chance to check if you like it.

17. sleepyleaf

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you whenever I have to choose between a lot of choices. I usually let the mighty pen to decide. So on whatever the direction the pen falls to that's what I will choose

18. Falhrus

Falhrus Avoiding enemies is hard work y'know?

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? *blinks* .... Sorry, I guess.

19. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, yeah, like I said, I wouldn't get it in a place that I can't cover up easily. That and my parents wouldn't let me get it in a place like that either... They would totally freak and break down or something and say the same thing.
    ... I guess the pen it is...

20. sleepyleaf

Reading List:
    Link
    haha the misery of choosing on a list where you mostly like all of them

AlanaSwang likes this.