Has anyone also realized this on xuanhuan novels with Female MC?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by MidstNost, Jun 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, I've just noticed that almost, if not, all novels with Female MC babbling about not relying on their ML and be independent, goes being dependent and relies on ML for the rest of the chapters until the very end of the novel where they become strong enough to at least be actually independent.

I'm not kidding. For example, all three of North Night novels (well, of course from the same author but still), the MC talked about not always relying on ML but still goes relying on him for almost everything. And recently, I've read Divine Physician's Overbearing Wife, MC also talked about being independent but still doing the exact opposite. The same thing also happens to novels like Enchantress Amongst Alchemist, Ghost Emperor's Wild Wife, and many more.
    Now here were it technically proves my point: The novel I'm reading right now is Mesmerizing Ghost Doctor. Same trope, OP ML, Weak-to-strong MC, but I'm 1000+ chapters into this novel and the MC haven't talk not once about having to be an InDePeNdEnT wOmAn and weird thing is, she actually is! She doesn't always rely on ML at all (it still probably gonna happen bc the novel still has 4000+ chapters left) and also the very first webnovel I've read which also introduced me to the world of wuxia/xuanhuan/xianxia novels which is Stunning Edge, IIRC the MC also didn't talk about not relying on ML, but is actually a very independent MC.

In conclusion, i'm going to stay far away from novels where the MC talked about not wanting to become dependent and not relying on ML. Because the b*tch always is.

--Case End--

2. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I liked the - [rant] over - at the end.. my question is, does this mean that when a girl says no, she actually means yes..? :sneaky::whistle:

3. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you expect from female author, they love bad, Scum and rapist ML. To them having OP and independent FMC is boring, unlikable and non lady. To make MC as weak and rely on ML, they created ML as OP and forceful, rapist. Also author plagiarize. Same with rapist Male MC novel, he rely on golden finger, protagonist halo and luck, powerful women became stupid due to plot.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah ik, it's pretty ironic. It's like a common general trend with all novels, not just "strong independent woman".

Reading a novel that doesn't mention said thing doesn't mean that it has to have said thing, but novels that constantly bring up said thing tend to never have said thing.

e.g. MC is strong independent woman -> not independent
    MC is smart/genius/clever -> MC is a complete brainless moron (and the author + supporting cast always praise MC for no reason)
    MC is a realist -> MC is an idealist
    MC is calm and mature with 200 million years experience and tempering from cultivation in past life -> constantly throws fits like a brat, provokes stronger enemies they can't actually beat, basically the arrogant young master stereotype incarnate.

etc.

Basically any time the author is doing more "telling" rather than "showing", the true colors will show and usually it's different or completely opposite of what the author tries to say.

5. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @MidstNost
    Then you haven't read yuri xianxia-xuanhuan novel, here you go:
    Asura Girl
    That one was jabbing at the original novel author, where fl and all harem turned stupid and like scum stallion male novel mc.
    Actually there were various novels in CN where transmigrated mc thinks fls became stupid due to the plots, like Harem Breaking Manual, but the author didnt allow translation...

6. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I feel like i just have very high expectations for FLs after reading INEBM, bc I simped so hard for the MC there but nope CN webnovels have very low standards for female protagonists

7. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have noticed this phenomenon, but I don't think it has anything to do with being xuanhuan. It has more to do with being a Romance novels. Chinese Romance novels come in two basic flavors, the ones that are regular novels that simply concentrate a lot on the romance and the ones thar are about fantasy romance. The latter is about idealized romances that don't have the ups and downs of real relationships, and they're pretty much always written by women. Sadly, part of this fantasy is having the man take care of the woman so she doesn't have much to do any more.

8. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Conspiracy theory:
    Independent thinkers who don't depend on main loves(usually the op rapist males) paves the road to homosexuality, and the party hates homos. Editors encourage the authors to follow the party directions.

9. drollawake

drollawake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're romance novels in a xuanhuan setting, not xuanhuan novels with romances.

10. weirdnshort

weirdnshort Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're reading a romance, then... the guy has to be better than the FL. would you like a weak ML? He has to offer something. If the FL is OP, well I guess the guy has to be even more OP. lol. Don't read romance I guess.

11. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Either that or look for comedy series where the roles are reversed.

No one's bossing Yu Xiaoxiao around in Heroic Wife Reborn cough cough~

12. Wandering Cultivator

Wandering Cultivator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading that genre because what you talk about keeps popping up. If it's not a rebirth to younger self then its a modern hyper capable woman transmigrated to a fantasy ancient world. Always meet up with ML, ML falls in love for no reason, FL's only real job is to be interesting enough to the ML until ML stakes his claim on her. I think all these authors just write off the same template, just like other genres like isekai or harem xianxia I suppose. I've been secretly hoping for a domineering military doctress FL from modern times to end up in a wuxia style world and picks a male sex slave ML to be her pet husband as she establishes a powerful sect that also has a poison assassin group in the shadows. Tired of all these FLs clinging to the MLs. I'd also like a ML with little or no prominent background, he's always a prince, king, emperor, or general.

13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i tried reading a few but they were just disgusting.

not only were they filled with sexual harassment, but somehow it is okay because he's super strong, a prince, or super handsome and somehow none of them understand the word "no"

just imagine, if you came home after work, and a dude was waiting for you, most girls would call the police immediately.

but if he's handsome, rich, a prince or super strong, it's okay. i won't call the cops.

oh wait i guess this happens irl too. since it's only harassment if the person you don't like is doing it to you but it's completely okay if it's someone you like or have good feelings for

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.