Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that "prophecy" was the same as guds "i will take you over from inside", the howling of a bad loser. I don't think it will ever be relevant.

hillo315 likes this.
  2. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Or maybe he/she has skill related to prophercy and he got last vission from it. Since it said in battle people will never heard it properly.

hillo315 likes this.
  3. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Eddy means the prophecy of the Vampires ancestor coming back to life, which I am pretty sure it was just about Van (who is technically the reincarnation of Zakkart, the ancestor of Vampire) coming to Lambda.

I may be remembering wrong though. This WN is too freaking long remember all :blobdizzy:!

hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.
  4. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Van literaly upgrade Vampire so calling him Ancestor probaly true, he even got Superior version of Blood-sucking skill

hillo315 likes this.
  5. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is what happen when you shove Tiamat, Echidna and Raktabīja into one character. Shit, I need a fourth one for it to be properly thematic!

6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't the "prophecy" the Vamp ancestor promising to personally be reborn, not Zakkart being reborn. and considering how Veld got stuck in a half ascended state it would not be a stretch to assume the Vamp ancestor (and likely a few other Vida Race originators) got stuck in a similar state, just have been doing something up till now.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that is what I meant, And if he was born without memory and has been one of the characters all this time, it is assumed that the drunken goddess was able to keep his memories is because he did a whole process before it, so at least that VIda's circle has a error that allows him to keep his memories (something that is not impossible if we talk about a system that must have stopped working 100,000 years ago) or his strength allows him to preserve his identity, the ancestor may have been reborn in another species such as a Dhampir or a ghoul who are the closest to vampires

hillo315 likes this.
  8. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, so what you all are saying is that Zadiris should have twins :blobsalt:. No, no, I will not hear you absolutely valid and good arguments against it, I am sure I am right, who needs solid proof or evidence anyway when Van can just bullshit a way into fathering the twin ancestors :blobokhand:!

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  9. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaaking of ancestors... does anyone ever question what happened to vampire ancestor's twin, the ghoul ancestor? It is hinted that he/she did not participate in the war between Vida and Alda. This made people, outside the Boundary, unaware that ghouls are Vida's race (thinking that they are an evovled undead). We know that the only living children of Vida are the Majin and Kijin ancestors. They are currently with their dad, Zantark in the Dark continent. What happened to the ghoul ancestor? We know that ghouls' lifespan is 300 years, but she is an ancestor. They might be immortal if we look at the living race ancestor like the Kijin, they have the same lifespan as an elf. The Majin ancestor is out of the question because they are supposed to be immortal. What happened to the ghoul ancestor? I brought the question infront because ghouls are the first major characters introduced to Van aside from Darcia, Bone man(orig) and Knochen(orig).

Yeah, you have a point. It is possible for someone to reincarnate with their memory still intact, i.e. Lisanna evil god reincarnated as an elf. She did that so she wont be sealed when she was defeated during the war.

Maybe the ancestor is Schna. He is a human so it might be impossible but his love and care to the races he was supposed to hate and kill is abnormal. He seems to be connected to Vida in some ways. Him meeting Dalton, Zod and Lisanna is like one in a million chance, heck a chance of meeting an evil god and a pureblood vampire is impossible. Not to mention that despite being a human he does not age.Schna aside, the vampire ancestor's phrophecy might be revealved in the last part of close to it
    Or worse Densuke might forget about itsince its like in 2nd arc when it was first and only mentioned by Nuaza.:blobrofl:

im sorry @Mesaphrom, :blobmelt: I just cant resist to say my Schna's name:blobsmilehappyeyes:

10. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    The twin are officially dead, if I remember right the both of them were killed by Bellydiot. The reason Ghouls didn't know about their ancestor was mostly because they had such secular and nomad lifestyle that they mostly lived in small-ish communities with the biggest shown being Zadiri's who knew about the myth but wasn't really sure wether it was true or not.

And I also though it would be funny if Schna was the reincarnation of one of the twins. I mean, he used to go around as much as some Vida Races, that should count for something:blobsmirk:!

But, yeah, with him being part of Roddy's system (at the time at least) he couldn't be one of the twins who are part of Vida's:blobcry:.

Not that it will stop any fic writer though.....

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  11. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. We don't know the Vampire Ancestor gender, it may be he or she. We won't know until later.
    2. The prophecy of Vampire Ancestor coming back and Van birth was already said long time ago when van has arrived in Talosheim and heard the prophecy from Nuaza. VAN ISN'T THE TRUE ANCESTOR REINCARNATION!!! - It is ZAKKART incarnation!
    3. All races ancestor are immortals. Remember that each Vida race ancestor is capable of turning non vida races into their own kin, not just the chaos elf Darcia. But many were killed or sealed away, this do include, for example, the Dark Elf Ancestor.
    4. There is a possibility that the ancestors, or part of them, were told or had discovered somehow about the reincanation system. Vampire Ancestor, in his case, might have quickly adjusted the system to reincarnate himself.
    5. The reason V. Ancestor has never appeared since then is highly likely he had to put a condition of "be born from a pure breed vampire" if he wanted to reincarnate properly.
    6. The only purebreed vampire in 100k years to have a kid is Zorcodrio with his wife Rachel. The remainning ones alive with Vida were too busy maintaining the barrier and the few times they woke up kinda like vacations they just converted some people into their kin. The evil pure breeds who run away to other evil gods never would want to bother themselves with changing babie's diapers, giving their blood were far more efficient.
    7. I think it already has passed the time for Zod child to be born. But remember that only Van was able to recover his memories early due to his (uncouncious) ability to think with his soul rather than his brain. V-chan pretty much is reincarnated, just waiting for his memories to come back and kinda "confess" he/she is the True Ancestor.
    8. Rachel - Zod's wife - was pregnant (unknow how many months) when Storm of Tyranny finally went to Talosheim with a thousand imigrantes, Van was just a few days to turn 11y old. The baby probable has born before van's 12's.
    9. Van is now 14 years old. Zod&Rachel Damphir baby should be 2 years and few mounths old now. The other reincarnators have properly recovered their memories at their 5's at minimum. There should be around 3 years before the baby recover its memories and reveals himself. Alda doesn't want to wage war RIGHT NOW and Van thinks about the same, there is likely enough time for V-Chan to present itself :blobmelt:
    10. The reason Densuke never talked about Zod's baby until now should be to surprise us. If he keeps focusing on Zod's kid it might give away the expectation and fail to provide impact. Leaving aside Densuke doesn't lack ideas to put in his story, next time we hear about the new dhampyr baby would be similar to salua legstrom chapter. A peacefull chapter talking about some important and carefree stuff including children grow, V-chan would be in the middle of this and when they talk about Alda the baby just feel a deja vuu and... recover its memories :blobhero::blobparty::blobphone::blobtaco:

12. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Eeeer, Zod's babu is a dhampir though? No matter what kind of vampire they are, if the have a child with any other species they are dhampirs. Though, I have to wonder if it's different with a ghoul, with them being cousin species and everything.

This also remind me, does anyone remember how many and which reincarnator are in Vidal? Not counting those from the Neo 7G that live in Van.

13. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Irc, aside from Jack's Hitomi chan (Gazer?Oracle? Idr her codename:blobdrool:). Theres the children Sarua (chezare's nephew) and Sieg(Zod's stepson). Kanako, Melissa, Doug, Ulrica, Mari are the only reincarnators that I remember. But there people in origin that he guided and if I remember correctly one of them (or some) is a member of bravers. So maybe possible ally.

The people that were guided by Van in Origin, I think they might bypass Rod's system and reincarnate straight to Vida's. That would mean that the guided braver would really gonna be in Vidal. If I were Van I would scout the Bravers and guiide the deserving ones to his system then Rod's plan would be ruin. But its already ruin for BBQ Rod from day 1 since Bravers is not really a perfect organisation and their leader Amemiya is not really leader-like.

Srsly, even with the Bravers (which is equivalent to B class advnturers) the war is already tipping to Van's. BBQ Rod really is stupid if Van vs 100 of them, he would definitely lose but he didnt even think if Van were to have allies. Especially ones that are rank 13 and up, and gods that are literally on Lambda unlike Alda's coward gods hiding in divine realm. Vida and her sub gods and Peria, Botin, Zuruwan and Ricklent are in their divine realm but Zantark had made the Dark continent his divine realm. Its like the god is Van's neighbor. The number one REAL problem of Lambda would be the aftermath. What would happened to the attributes of Alda's faction if they lose. They controlled two attributes; Alda controlled light while Nineroad controlled Wind. If Nineroad hange her unchangeable heart then it would be ok but Alda is different. He is already crazy. Creating a god for an attribute is not easy as making a mortal a god.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  14. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    TBF no one would have expected Van to even survive his childhood (babyhood?), remember that if he had not mastered the whole spirit thinking thing he would had been a relatively normal baby and, if not for Vida's intervention, probably a asshole's child. Without knowing both of this things Roddy would have no reason to keep an eye on Van. After discovering he was alive and not in his system it was complete neglect on his part though, if he had gone to Alda from the start and told him "hey, there is this one fucker that appeared out of nowhere who can use the DK magic!" he could had not admited his fuck up and quietly extract Van from Vida's cycle.

What I am trying to say is that while at the start it was understandable, after the first assassination attemp he had plenty of time to do something instead of 'wait and see' and after he finally decided to do something it was already too late. What, a dumbass:blobtriumph:.

..... One of this says I will seriously write a 20 pages essay about Roddy's lack of professional attitude. Both sides.

15. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not to defend Robcorte, because he does not deserve it (you have to put them right to create an entire system just to wander), Alda was much worse, unlike Robcorte who only sat down to see looking for an opportunity, Alda I directly ignore the problem thinking that it would solve by itself and that it would not have relevance, now in less than 15 years, Lambda has undergone more changes than in the last 100,000, no, on second thought, there have been things that have never happened since the time of creation when the great gods were not yet dead

hillo315 likes this.
  16. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Vida saved Van' soul and applied her DP+Zakkart remainning residual thoughts she analised van's wavelenght and concluded he would be born either as a Vampire or Dhampyr.

As we all know, including aforementioned reasons, vampires VERY rarely would give natural birth and when they do so it is usually with another race. There may have been one or two natural births between vampires when Vida&cia lived peacefully before Alda screwed up everything, but never after it.

Thus, it is high likely possible that V.A.-chan needs at last one of his parents to be a pure breed vampire. V.A.-chan would be born as a dhampyr, but that would be still be okay and whitin calculation.

17. cameron2579

cameron2579 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    raw up

hillo315 and DieForMe like this.
  18. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably the most interesting bit was the scene with Alda using Rod as a blessing machine. And as usual despite this he still hasn’t noticed that Rod’s angels have no intention of working with him.

hillo315, Eddy andres and Bla8bla like this.
  19. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are frantically hitting ESC button behind his back.

20. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch 377: "The Birth of a New Duke of Sauron"

Interesting bits about the workings of the boundary mountain range. skies filled with tons of magic in them basically become a form of "open-air dungeons" (at around 2000 meters high, where your standard mid-level clouds start form). They have hazards like noxious gasses. They have labyrinth like areas where the space and gravity are warped in strange ways, making it impossible to fly straight. They make monsters like dragon and bird subspecies, floating jellyfish monsters, and "Gizmos, a type of cloud that had been turned into a monster." :blobfrowning: And of course skeletons and zombies of those various flying monsters as well. Thus, even if you can fly, you still have to be a high ranking adventurer to be able to get through them safely. Still, as they're fairly rare in Ban Gaia, and the sky monsters are generally adapted to living in the sky rather than coming to the ground, most human societies have basically no info or particular interest in dealing with such a low priority threat. In fact, there's probably only a handful of adventurers in Lambda's history who have ever bothered to challenge such places. Though given her height, Deanna does have a history of gathering food from such sky areas, as the Dark Continent is so messed up it's actually easier to find monsters to eat up there than down on the lava and disaster ridden ground. :blobnom:

Anyway, since the Ark mountain range is not one of those, Van's been making various adjustments for the past 3 days to protect from aerial incursions by Amid. Van is of course aware even the boundary mountain range won't stop Heinz and the other Five-Colored Blades, or one of the Fifteen Evil-breaking Swords, but Van is honestly only interested in surveillance rather than defense. Just as the spirits of monsters that Heinz and company kill in the Boundary Mountain Range will serve as an alert to Van if Amid tries to invade Vidal, Van is setting up various Demon King Avatars and so forth to alert him if Amid tries to invade Orbaume through Sauron. Van's also already got Heinz just destroying the mountain range covered, as if Heinz destroys the mountains the spirits in the mountain golem will lose their body and alert Van themselves. As for Amid using spatial magic, well, Van has Gufadgarn, a spatial-attribute god way above anyone on Alda's side. :blobowoevil:

That having been said, Van's not that worried about sneak attacks. Ultimately this isn't about territory or resources like a normal war. No, this is all about slaying Demon King Vandalieu. Alda, unlike Marshkuzarl or other mortal rulers, doesn't care about the politics of Amid, or the interests of its people. And thus he's extremely likely to just go for an all out war with all of his forces, as that's the most likely way to accomplish his only goal, getting rid of Van. :facepalm: Still, better safe than sorry, so Van's making sure the intelligence network of Vidal is air-tight. This also includes setting up Demon King Avatars in the various nations of Vidal, blessing various warriors and scouts from places like the high goblin and high kobold nations with Van's protection and teaching them how to use [Familiar Spirit Demonfall] so they can instantly get the word out to Van through his familiar spirit avatars, and so on. :blobpeek:

Anyway, at this point Pauvina, Bilde (first ghoul to get Van's fertility treatment), Juliana (Duke Alchem's reincarnated half-minotaur sister) and Rowen (female swordsman who's the representative of the Drakonid nation)... ask Van why he only sucked Bilde's blood so far? :sweating_profusely: Could it be because Pauvina and Juliana are kinda like your little sisters and Rowen's more or less just an acquaintance Van? Hm? Hm!? :blobhyperthink: Van, who still doesn't get why everyone is obsessed with him drinking their blood, responds that, no, it's just because he's just doing fine tuning right now and thus not using much mana at all. Thanks for the offer though. :blobexpressionless: Like he's sucked the blood of his mom, random bandits, and more, you pack of lunatics! Yes depending on the person it can feel more intimate for Van but the act in and of itself is not an intimate one for him! Vampirism does not always have to be a thinly veiled metaphor for you know what! :blob_pout:

Pauvina / Juliana: No but do it anyway Van. We don't know how many years we'll have to wait if it's just to restore your mana. Besides, we're all of age here, it's fine. So come on, come on! :blobnosebleed:
    Rowen: Honestly, you don't have to worry about me. The elders were probably going to knock me on my ass again when I got back over something anyway. :blobsleepless: (4 guardian elder dragons are still freaking out about getting a stronger connection with Van I see...)

Unfortunately for Rowen, Van gets convinced that it's no big deal by Pauvina's various comments and figures it's a chance to work on [Bloodrule] proficiency, and thus splits his tongue into multiple branched proboscises. Bilde meanwhile starts wondering if she should make some stir-fried liver and garlic chives (both foods that are said to help with iron deficiencies :blobsweat_2:) today.
    ------
    Meanwhile, over in Mirg: We get some more details on the subjugation of the monsters escaping the Ark Mountains as Van was moving them. While Mirg has excellent forts and strong soldiers, and even training and units for fighting air-based attacks (Alchem has been developing a wyvern unit, so Mirg had been training their own dragon knight unit to counter it)... this was really only enough to deal with rank 7 or so monsters tops. Thus when say a rank 10 Storm Dragon started running for its life, they didn't have a great way to deal with it. Luckily for Mirg though, Alda's faction sent the various Amid-based heroes (oh look, new canon fodder. :blobowoevil_horns:) as reinforcements.

You may also remember Thomas Palpapek was part of a group of nobles that were working towards an independent Mirg? (before Van destroyed the new, larger army in the Talosheim expedition that Palpapek was hoping to one day use to secure Mirg's independence from Amid) Welp, that's not happening at all now. Yeah, Amid has heroes that can take out Rank 10+ monsters. And now their entire nation is no longer going to be able to focus solely on a war economy as there's no war with Orbaume anymore. Do they become a bread basket like some of the other vassal nations?:blobsad: So anyway, not only did Van destroy his army and horrifically murder him, but Thomas's lifelong dream has now (inadvertently) been completely and utterly destroyed by Van as well. How's that for revenge you corrupt jerk!:blobowoevil_horns:

Anyway, Mirg decides in the end they will continue to ally with Amid, as since Vidal is allied with Orbaume and has various ties to Sauron as well, they're quite afraid of what kinds of harsh conditions or worse will be imposed upon them if they switch sides. Unfortunately for them the Alda faction has also been draining all the talent out of the country with divine protections and oracles telling anyone with any type of ability to come to Amid... so Alda's pretty much doing to Mirg exactly what Mirg fears Vidal and Orbaume would do to them. Bye bye Mirg. :blobfearful:
    -----
    Meanwhile over in Rodcorte's divine area: Rodcorte is more or less being forced to give out divine protections to everyone Alda wants. Or Alda will stab him in his dumb face again. :sweating_profusely::blobhero: Also when Rodcorte tries to speak... Alda stabs him in his dumb face again anyway. :blobjoy: Alda will have no more of Rodcorte's attempts to deceive him. Alda meanwhile wonders if he should have some gods set up trial dungeons of their own (like the Trial of Bellwood), to train the various people being granted divine protections right now :hmm:... all while having no idea that Izumi, Aran and Kouya are moving forward with their own plans. (edit:Oh, also Alda notes there's no way Van should be able to get into the Trail of Bellwood dungeon in Fazon since the entrance has been closed... is this a flag for Van doing just that anyway and recruiting the God of Sinful Chains?)
    -----
    Finally, after finishing fine tuning his defense network in the Ark mountains, Van heads to Elizabeth's coronation as the new duke Sauron. Amusingly, since the Sauron dukedom is a territory of largely Vida believers... yeah, they're just having Darcia/Vida herself confer Elizabeth with her divine right as a ruler. :blobjoy: No need to have an inbetween this time! (head of the main Sauron temple literally refused in fact :sweating_profusely:). Everyone cheers at the new duke Sauron blessed by their goddess! Pete and Bakunawa cheer! Former Orbaume prime minister Urgen Terkatanis (with a hell of neck kink from being hanged until dead, and a mask on to hide his face) and all the other undead criminals with bureaucratic skills who have been placed on "probation" under Liz also cheer! :blobfearful: Apparently they've been ordered to put Elizabeth ahead of even any more of Van himself's orders, so they're very big on her. Also apparently they've been included in this coronation as a warning to what happens to those who try to cross Elizabeth. Corruption will be met with a punishment far more than just death.:blobastonished:

So anyway, with the blessing of Vida herself and the power of the emperor of Vidal behind her, Elizabeth's probably in the strongest position of any new duke Sauron in history. You can do it Liz! :blobmelt:

Densuke's gonna take a day so next chapter's on July 2nd.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Korleone, canuto95, Nakakure and 10 others like this.