Recommendations Villainess/drama/romance/etc

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by FIEND, Jun 23, 2020.

1. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    here are the things I already read
    Feng Ni tian xia-
    Peerless Alchemist-
    Ghostly doctor-
    Revenge of the fierce princess
    Empresses game make up master:
    Crazy chef Empress- dropped
    Fox concubine-
    No doubt it us-
    Goddess creation system
    Schemes of a beauty
    Ferocious princess
    Revenge of a fierce princess
    monster duchess, contracted princess
    capable maid
    Remarried empress
    villaness turns the hour glass
    Death is the only ending for a villainess
    virtues of the villainess
    i became a mom to 10 demon kids
    Fang qiu huang
    I wanna be you just for a day
    Beware of the villainous
    Yeon lok heuk
    Queen of poisons
    mindreading princess
    Poisonous phenoix Yu hua du ni
    One on one highness
    contracted concubine
    Best selling empress
    A beauty, a fatal concubine
    Vengeance of a doctress
    Cheating men must die
    ugly hood
    peerless concubine
    Adventures of a mystical doctor
    Villainess lives twice
    Sijin
    Capable maid
    I became the villains mother
    White blood
    Please throw me away
    Not so side kick- 9
    Sincerely, I became the dukes maid
    General please stay

I dont want really whiny bitchy mc fl, who cries at the slightest movements like Lady Beast
    None of that Stockholm retardation like Abandoned Empress
    no idiotic misplaced slapstick humor
    none of that "im a vaillain but I actually am gunna be a hero bs"
    anything with drama and plotting is fine

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    PainedSouL likes this.
  2. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read a lot in this genre but I cant remember at the moment. I'll mention when I do. However, a lot of above mentioned novels are not what I've come across so maybe we've different tastes. But will definitely recommend any novel as soon as I remember.
    BTW a lot of novels in my list have titles with villains / supporting fmc/ ML in them. Though they're mostly fluff and not much of drama /angst / drags, you might find some you're interested in.:

https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/9629/
    This list contains : Chinese, Romance, Transmigration, BXG, Short Novels (upto 150/ 200 chapters max), Rebirth, Ancient, Modern

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    FIEND likes this.
  3. weirdreader

weirdreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read Beware of the Villainess?
    It's a manga though, didn't see a novel about it

4. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    yes i have

5. mushy

mushy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bring the love
    I Want to Become a Heroic Swordswoman!
    The Moon and the 1/2 Lovers
    A falling cohabitation
    Fight on! Yeo manager
    Mother I'm sorry
    This girl is a little wild
    Flowers Falling Together

6. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    ty i appreciate it

mushy likes this.
  7. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    How about a system-ish novel? "I've been reincarnated into this movie before" is really good, and it's finished

8. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont mind, is it a manga or a manhua
    I dont have time for a novel

9. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    "She had wanted to control her death, to ameliorate it, if she had to die, she rather it be a swift one … yet he didn’t kill her… He even married her… and had let her hoped… dared gave her hope… Why? Why?! Why when obviously this world wanted her unhappy! "
    • The Villainess's Dark Side.
    • Is a short novel (more or less 20 chapters). Has R-18 content. And some extras included from MLs POV (much needed)
    • http://adelinegrant.blogspot.com/2018/04/the-villainesss-dark-side.html?m=1
    • Above is the official website. Also in all other places, the extra containing MLs POV is published only in half. There are 2 extras for side characters that will probably never be published but it doesn't affect the overall story.
    • This is definitely a unique masterpiece in the Villainess novel collection. It takes a totally different route from the norm where MC doesnt think of evading the death flags but to choose a swift death by herself which wont implicate her loved ones because she believes, as a villainess she is pre ordained to a miserable end by fate.
    • On the wedding day of her fiance, MC recalls reading a novel in her past life (very little memory of modern era) and learns of her villainess identity and impending doom.
    • From this she learns that the OG hero calculated that she's gonna cause trouble at his wedding and uses this opportunity to execute her whole family as traitors.
    • So she decides to trick fate and put herself to a swift death via ogSMLs(ML) hand who unlike OGhero will not drag her family (political move) for a personal vendetta. And the she goes and rapes ML by drugging the wine he's drinking to drown the sorrow of losing his first love to his best friend on their wedding banquet, alone in a corner.
    • The rest of the story is their struggle of letting go: MC of her insecurities of being a villainess and how she feels that she is FATED to have no happiness due to her identity and MLs prejudice against MC who have repeatedly plotted against his first love and is obsessed with his friend who has already rejected her and has that smile always plastered on her face which masks not known how many evil schemes and conspiracies.
    This novel has raised questions that have hovered in my mind when i read these Transmigration novels, mainly:
    1. How is it so easy for the MCs to let go of their love and obsessions as soon as they learn of their endings?
    2. Why are the women of ancient times despised for scheming when the males are responsible for making them insecure by raising them as canaries in a cage fighting over rations with other birds?
    3. Why do men simply flock towards women of modern mentality and abandon women who have accompanied them all along.?
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...eep-her-past-selfs-crush-until-her-dying-day/
    This is a similar villain novel. I haven't read it yet but it was discussed in the forum.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    FIEND likes this.
  10. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you so much for taking the time to recommend this to me, I’ll def give it a shot

Dizaster likes this.
  11. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

To ask similar questions
    How do people just suddenly forget who they were when they transmigrated, I get that it’s adapting to the environment but the closest I’ve seen any mc act the way a transmigrated w our eras knowledge or made most of his past life was Reverend Insanity
    And two most so called villainess don’t even act the way a try women would well I haven’t read a good actual villainess novel tbh

Dizaster likes this.
  12. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. Rarely do I see people struggle with being a transmigrated to ancient times. They'll be like being from 21st century how can I be suppressed,humilated etc. , I am going to fight, conquer, kill, blah blah blah.
    The only one I remember where MC took a long while to adapt is" Legend of Concubine’s Daughter Minglan ". Maybe because she's pessimistic she's like ' why struggle in this foreign world where we can just sleep to death. It's funny that she regains courage and motivation from her father's concubine, seeing her crying,inverting black and white and putting the seemingly superior Di wife into trouble while she just dusts off her hands and walks away unscathed and continues to be pampered by her father.