Share a recent Moment?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Jun 27, 2020.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I brought a collapsible metal straw. Why? I am sick of throwing away plastic—I am just joking. We must be sustainable—blah blah, but how can I when I am still drinking from a one time use plastic cup from Dutch Bro? Dutch Bro and all those coffee cafes need to up their game.

Okay—enough of this, let’s focus back to my story. Anyhow, my reusable straw came today so I tried it out with the not so friendly-drive-thru-cheap-one-time-use-plastic cup. The straw was good. Since I like it, I should have treasure it more. Irresponsible me have given my reusable straw its first trauma, the large garbage bin. Really, I just forgot since I am used to throwing the Dutch Bro cup away with the plastic straw—so I threw away the Dutch Bro cup with my reusable straw still in it. I wouldn’t even realize if not for me finding the straw case dangling from my belt.

It was a oh-no moment before I threw my logic to the wind and ran out of my apartment hoping I could still save it. Lucky, today is Friday where the trash pile up quick high, so the Dutch Bro cup was at the very top and the straw laid out beside it. It was not effortless. In fact, I have to use a cardboard box to drag the straw closer to where I could reach.

I saved my straw from a pile of trash—nauseating.

What’s a recent moment of yours?

P.S: bought the straw to simply test and travel use. Why buy a whole bag of plastic straw on the go? My suitcase is already full~

reagents 11 likes this.
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My little bro has some for his use, and here I am going for good ol plastic straw everytime I buy a can of drink.

cap.toon likes this.
  3. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I go outside my room and saw many people there and forgot that today's fiesta... I slowly go back to my room...

cap.toon, Fulminata and Fran.2424 like this.
  4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Was customizing a kit but mixed two different ver. of the prototype variant now I have amalgamation of the two

cap.toon and Fran.2424 like this.
  5. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found out that a place where I used to go to send DHL express letters is now closed down... have to go to another location , luckily I decided to look it up before going there.

as for the straws- last year they had placed straws made of paper in many places around here. My sister in law also wanted to sell straws made of bamboo... the paper ones make the drink taste a bit different. I had a different bamboo straw with my drink once (not the one my sister in law is selling), it was rather think, that type of straw in natural and reusable, and even the drink tasted fine, but the thickness and “un-bendability” made it harder to drink from a tall glass

cap.toon likes this.
  6. Fran.2424

Fran.2424 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Today my grandma's bird died, and it was very bittersweet, my grandma died 8 years ago and she had the bird for like 5 years prior, so the bird had like 13 years which to me was very incredible because I didn't knew they live that long, obviously it was really well taken care of so that's why it live that long. And yesterday it was very sad like it didn't wanted to move so everyone thought it was gonna die, so my mother and I went to see it and we took some photos of it to remember it. It was very special to see the life of a small creature come to and end in a good way and sad because it was something that make me remember my grandma every time I see it.

7. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    My neck hurts so bad thx to my sleeping posture

8. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Poor_Poet

Researching timeless classical painting. In particular on the satirical genre of social uprising that's not related to war.

9. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, here is a really recent one. I just clicked on a thread called "Share a recent Moment?", and wrote this.

10. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    been researching some work stuff and suddenly come across an article about the feasability and desirability of consensual s*x with humanoid ai robot on a certain international journal:blobhyperthink:

ideas really comes from everywhere :blobhyperthink:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Fran.2424 likes this.
  11. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s your sleeping posture? Stomach?

What? I am thinking real hard here...an AI robot is a tool/property. It can be program to give consent, but why would we? If it’s your property, consent is always. If it’s not your property, you’re stealing someone’s property.

Fulminata likes this.
  12. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember, I had this habit to stack my pillows, so maybe that's the reason why

cap.toon likes this.