Spoiler I Raised Cinderella Preciously

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ryokucha, Jun 27, 2020.

1. ryokucha

ryokucha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean Title: 신데렐라를 곱게 키웠습니다

Description:
    There is a famous fairytale. A kindhearted girl whose father and stepmother got married and became a family of five with her two stepsisters. The poor girl who was condemned by her stepmother and stepsisters when her father died. The very fairytale, Cinderella.

But I am not Cinderella, I am the stepmother.

At the age of thirty-seven, already married twice, been widowed twice and is raising three daughters!

Daniel Walford, a man who keeps approaching me while I’m busy trying to raise my three daughters.

“Can I kiss you?”

As a son-in law, I think he’s a little bit older but why does he keep approaching?… Oh, I don’t know.

Once I let Cinderella marry the prince, I can live quietly.

But is this fairytale really ‘Cinderella’?

2. yukirina

yukirina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still in middle of reading, just finished chapter 162 yesterday. Despite the compliments I gave the novel few days ago, there's still quite a few issues I have with it, especially the shoehorned in "magic" and "fairies" and weird contrived explanation for soul swapping nonsense, and the typical shoujo tropes.

All the things I wrote below are big spoilers and huge plot points that I do not recommend reading if you do not want to be spoiled, albeit moot point in a forum tagged "Spoilers." Just keep it in mind.

Mildred's relationship with Daniel is just a one-sided love from Daniel at first. But Mildred's still married on paper; her husband is missing, not publicly dead, so she has absolutely no thoughts about marrying until her husband is dead for sure. She received a letter saying her husband's corpse is being transported across the ship so there's evidence of his death. But as a woman with two failed marriages and three daughters, Mildred has pretty much given up on remarriage.

Daniel's persistence eventually gets through Mildred and she loves him back. This is where the weird contrived relationship comes into play, when Daniel reveals that he's the son of the rumored fairy, who grants wishes to people wallowed in despair. He already knows the previous Mildred is dead; previous Mildred, in despair, wishes that her three daughters can be happily married before dying. Fairies are sensitive to despair, and Daniel has checked out Mildred's residence to figure out the cause for the despair, which is why he was originally interested in Mildred to begin with. Despair begets despair, which means the original female lead's soul was most likely also wallowing in despair before dying before being transported into Mildred's soul. Mildred surmises that her previous life is already dead, which Daniel most likely agrees with. Daniel intentionally removes memories of Mildred's previous life to prevent her from remembering her past life and to want to go back to her original world, since she's most likely dead anyway.

Lily's persistence in painting is one of the best parts about this novel. The story explores how women in this era have difficulties getting any occupations that we take for granted. Lady is supposed to get married to a husband, then hold parties, learn etiquettes, manage the estate, and rear children. Lily has zero interest in any of those. Mildred knows that Lily will have a difficult time as an artist in the future, since general consensus is that women cannot do any work men can, and it was even more unacceptable that a noble would do a blue collar work such as painting. Lily is fascinated by the paintings that are in her home, which are later revealed to be painted by a mysterious individual named Kyle. Kyle's paintings go for a high price, due to its stellar work and mysterious origins of the artist. Mildred and Daniel investigates the origins of the artist to potentially increase the price of the painting when she tries to sell it to make money to spend for her daughters. After several clues, it is revealed that Kyle was actually a female artist named Kaila. She has intentionally masked her name as male in order to sell her paintings, because she realized the preconceptions that females cannot paint was preventing her from getting any recognition. Despite that, she has continued to draw, and has rejected the family telling her to marry. Eventually, she falls ill and goes to a common hospital, where she painted until she died. Mildred, upon learning this story, is afraid for Lily's future, but says that she does not want to force Lily to marry, and tells her that she will support Lily in her endeavors.

If there's anything else you want to know let me know.

Hathley, Grace34, svtspeach and 146 others like this.
  3. JoshyM62

JoshyM62 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    quiero saber
    Si el padre de Cenicienta fue atrapado?
    Romance entre Mc y Ml
    Si hay un rival para Mc o Ml
    ¿Qué hay de Cenicienta?
    ¿Y las hermanastras?

4. yukirina

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand the questions, but I don't know how to speak Spanish, so I can only respond in english.

There's a point where a man disguises himself as Cinderella's father, Fred, to steal some money, but it was ploy by a rival's sister named Marion who loves the rival named Elize very much. Marion intentionally steals the father's corpse to prevent Mildred from remarrying, as it would not be publicly favorable to remarry while there's no evidence of the man being dead. The country's law dictates that if a body is missing for five years, it would be considered enough time to declare him dead, but Marion was banking on the fact that it has only been two years, and within three more years, Mildred and Daniel's love would fall apart by then. The man who disguised himself was Fred's friend, Roy (forgot his name, but I think it was Roy). Marion approached Roy for mutual benefit; for Marion, it would hurt Mildred and Daniel's relationship, hoping at that time Elize could court Daniel, and for Roy, it would give him money to be back at the estate as Mildred's husband. The plan fails, Roy gets caught, and Mildred/Daniel lets Elize and Marion go, as they are only youngsters (and because it's a shoujo novel).

Currently on chapter 173 and I still do not know if Cinderella is going to find love. In fact, Mildred is doubting if the story is even Cinderella to begin with. Cinderella's sisters, Iris and Lily, both have love interests; Iris with the crown prince, and Lily with the royal knight. It's interesting that Mildred, Iris and Lily are the ones with love interests, while Ashley (which is Cinderella's name) doesn't have any whatsoever as opposed to the original Cinderella.

RubySBS, Grace34, svtspeach and 138 others like this.
  5. Pakhi

Pakhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How cown prince fell in love with Iris? :aww:

honingzoet, Hiura, syofiaa and 2 others like this.
  6. ryokucha

ryokucha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Iris is with the crown prince? Wow, I did not see that coming. I wonder what Ashley's true role is if she's not with the crown prince? Maybe it has something to do with how differently Mildred treats her compared to the previous Mildred? At this point I assume she's going to avoid the real Cinderella plot and maybe end up motivated to become an independent woman like Mildred?

Can you share some sweet moments where Daniel tries to win over Mildred? Or any sweet moment you remember of the two? :bloblove:

Thank you so much for the spoilers!!

7. yukirina

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there's a whole arc about Iris rejecting crown prince's proposal at first before knowing his identity, because crown prince disguised himself as Rean and pretended that he was poor. They loved each other, but Iris, knowing that she was the eldest daughter, felt that she needed to support her younger sisters, and thought that she had a duty to marry a rich man to help her family no matter what. There was a whole section about how she steeled herself to marry some creep three times her age just because he was rich, for her sisters. Her heart ached for Rean and loved him but did not want him to go through the struggles that they would inevitably face when they married, and thought Rean could find a richer lady to marry for his future.

Ashley has only wished for one thing throughout the entire story thus far: to be with her family. At first she has accepted the fact that she would never be loved and only wanted to not be hated, but as her sisters and mother have treated her like family, after much conflicts, she wished nothing more than to be with her family, especially Mildred, forever.

There's some pretty funny and sweet moments between Daniel and Mildred. The first one that comes to mind is during the time when Daniel and Mildred were searching for Kyle's clues, Daniel believed that it would be dangerous for only 4 women to live in a house with no servants, as there could be thieves who want the painting. Daniel offers to stay with them temporarily, Mildred reluctantly accepting with no other choice. After the painting issue has been resolved, Mildred tells Daniel it is not appropriate for him to stay at her house with no reason, due to Mildred still being technically married to Fred by law. Mildred jokes that if Daniel could stop all the prying eyes from making it inappropriate to stay at her house, he can stay as long as he likes. And thus, Daniel decides to set his own house on fire to have an excuse to stay at her home.

This isn't particularly sweet, but one thing that I thought was really refreshing was when Daniel directly told Mildred that he was interested in her, she made bunch of excuses about how she thought Daniel didn't actually love her. Couple chapters go by doing the random shoujo tropes that you normally see, "does he really love me" or "doesn't my daughter love him" or whole bunch of nonsense. Then Daniel just straightup tells Mildred to please stop beating around the bush and tell him yes or no. Mildred has been pretty sharp in other matters but has been literally shoujo manga tier retarded regarding her own relationship, and Daniel has been extremely patient with her for so long. It was nice to see it not dragged out any longer than it needed to, as Mildred says yes.

8. Amarjeet

Amarjeet Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where u read novel

Dianatouille, Animelover3 and syofiaa like this.
  9. yukirina

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually read most of Korean webnovels at Kakaopages.

Peerly, onnagiri, RavenHatter and 5 others like this.
  10. JoshyM62

JoshyM62 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @yukirina Thank you very much for the Spoilers and I apologize I thought I had written it in English, since I used the translator

11. Hera Elizabeth

Hera Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

can u tell me if she had any kids with Daniel ?:bloblove::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny:

12. xViolet

xViolet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mildred does not have any kids with Daniel. She thinks that having Iris, Lily, and Ashley are enough and Daniel respects her choice. (But there will be a few grandchildren in the future :blobsmilehappyeyes: )

However, I would like to think that in the future she does.
    Daniel and Mildred meet up in modern day Korea! :blobuwu::bloblove:

In one of the side stories after the main story ends, Mildred meets Bella (the fairy queen) who sends Mildred back to Korea, but all of her previously memories living as Mildred is removed. Mildred wakes up in the hospital after having an operation and feels depressed/lonely and doesn't know why. (She was misses the kids and Daniel, but doesn't remember them. :blobpensive:) Later she notices a man near the door staring at her with an anxious and nervous look. She doesn't know who he is, but somehow ends up calling out "Daniel". The man replies "yeah" :bloblove:

13. Hera Elizabeth

Hera Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tysm. is that the last side story ?
    im kinda sad she didn't have babies with him and forgot her memories . this really needs a webtoon adaption

14. xViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    That was from the second to last side story.

The last side story is set about a hundred years after the main story during the academy's 100th year anniversary of allowing females to be admitted. It mainly tells about the achievements of some of the female characters mentioned in the novel such as Lily becoming a famous painter and how pretty much half of the nobles who have titles now are women.
    At the end of the last side story there is a short snippet about Mildred and Daniel. They have been dating for 1 year and Daniels gives Mildred a ring (not a proposal ring). This ring is actually the first ring Daniel gives to Mildred in the previous life. (If I remember correctly, the gem on the ring is actually made from a star that Daniel got for her.) He mentions that he will give her a different ring as the proposal ring and all he needs from her is love :bloblove:

15. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Herodanish

Herodanish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cant wait to see iris and raen love story.hahah

17. fantasy.92

fantasy.92 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the second child and the guard / captain of the guards ? How is their love story ?

Mikaa likes this.
  18. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobjoy::blobjoy:
    “Shoujo manga tier retarded”
    Haha hilarious :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

19. xViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    Lily eventually ends up marrying the Prince's sword instructor, Douglas Casey (not sure if thats the correct spelling of the name since its mtl) but not until she is in her 30s. But even before their marriage, Douglas has been chasing Lily for over 10 years.

Lily is a female and chose a profession as a painter, which is looked down upon in high society (and would usually be expelled from high society). She decides that she doesn't want to marry because that will take away what she wants to do, which is painting. Lily tells Douglas that she isn't planning to marry and that she wants to be a painter. Douglas is confused at first because it isn't the norm of the time, but eventually accepts it and still likes her.

So something between this and the ending, Mildred becomes a Count (the first female noble with a title). However, in order to allow for Mildred to have the title, other nobles put requirements on her title hoping that the title will end with her. The requirement was that only daughters can inherit the title if they are single until 30. (These men....:blob_thor:)

As years go by, Lily gains fame as being an artist, but this time tells Douglas that she is willing to be with him but won't get married until 30. (This isn't so that Lily becomes the next count, but to protect Ashley who chose to become the next count.)

Lily gets pregnant with a daughter before marriage and after 30, she gets married to Douglas and becomes a Marquess.

Fun spoiler: Their daughter becomes the next Marquis.

20. Spoilme

Spoilme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only give y'all a few spoilers:blobpeek:
    iris is the eldest daughter of Mildred and she's very smart and elegant. She isn't described as a really pretty person because she resembles her dad. She likes to do everything perfectly and has self esteem. Since she is the eldest daughter, She thinks that she is responsible for the family and she is the most responsible person among the three sisters. She thinks that her responsibility is to marry a rich man so that the family can be happy.When Ryan[He is the crown prince] bumps into mildred, She shouts at him and later when they are at a picnic and he complains to Ashley about her being clumsy, She ticks of at him again which makes Ryan all in love with her because she is smart, hardworking and a perfect person as a whole

Lily is mildred's second daughter with brown hair and green eyes. She also isn't describes as a pretty person because she takes after her father. Unlike iris she wants to be a painter and is not interested in finding a partner. She is good at speaking and is not interested in social circles. At a ball she dances with the crown prince's swordman teacher Douglas Casey and they reunite at another ball or something. Since lily doesn't know who he is, She tells him that he is too reckless. Douglas falls in love with her and starts to courtship her to marry him

Ashley is a beautiful 17 year old girl who took after her father who was handsome as well. She is clumsy and shy as well. She never had a perfect parent as her mother died in childbirth, The servants only fed her and her father would go on business trips without paying much attention to her. When mildred starts to treat all of the girls equally, She gets close to lily who is only a year older than her and later with iris. She isn't interested in having a partner because she is happy with having a warm family.

He is a 22 year old man who's real name is Giuseppe but he uses Ryan as a short form. He is the crown prince and is under the education of Daniel. When they go out, He acts as a fallen noble to hide his real title. Since he is a prince, He is spoiled and lacks common sense. When he meets Iris who is smart, elegant and perfect, He falls in love with her gradually. He proposes to her and she rejects it because she thinks that she is supposed to marry a rich guy and that Ryan was a fallen noble[He forgot to reveal his identity]. Even though Iris likes him, She is always thinking about her family so she rejects him. But Ryan couldn't take Iris out of his mind so he continues to courtship her.

Wen Rou, Pest-chan, Grace34 and 144 others like this.