Spoiler The Shut-In Lady is an Understanding Sacred Beast Caretaker

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alternate Names
    • The shut in noble lady is the mythical beast caretaker who understands them
    • Hikikomori reijo ha Hanashino wakaru seiju-ban
    • Hikikomori reijou wa hanashi no wakaru seijuu-ban
    • 引きこもり令嬢は話のわかる聖獣番
    Author:
    YAMADA Touko
    Artist:
    OONIWA Soto

Mangadex Link
    https://mangadex.org/title/47053/the-shut-in-lady-is-an-understanding-sacred-beast-caretaker

Novelupdates Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/hikkikomori-reijou-wa-hanashi-no-wakaru-seijuuban/

Description
    "We need money for your bedridden mother. So please, work at the Royal Palace!"

This is what the daughter of a Count, Muriel, was told by her father one day, which she firmly refused.

That's because she's a shut-in whose weakness is socializing, simply immersing herself in books. No way am I going to work at the Royal Palace!, is what she thought, but her father proposed she work as a librarian. Thinking that she might be able to work there if it's that, Muriel immediately went for an interview, but--

Why is she being interviewed by Commander Silas who exudes sensuality!? And why is it that when she came to, she was already employed as the "Sacred Beast Caretaker," someone who takes care of the sacred beasts!? A very popular work from Ichijinsha's Iris Collection!!! The long-awaited comicalization of the Sacred Beast love comedy between a shut-in lady and the commander of the Sacred Beast Order!!

Apologies in advance if this already has a thread, couldn't find it. Feel free to merge.
    Anyone got spoilers?

2. RevieLeCrensia

RevieLeCrensia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want more. someone give me spoilers please.

3. HIMETAN

HIMETAN My English Sucks • I want good luck

Reading List:
    Link
    Woahh.. I just read the 2nd chapter a few hours ago.. Obviously need spoiler ehehehe

bochucha likes this.
  4. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I summon thee @lazynoodles! (the author of the spoiler thread for milady likes to relax which is also coincidentally shiro is also translating this novel + the first person I thought of when MTLing JP novels and a probable mofumofu comrade! Not a villainess story but I'm fishing for the mofumofu will be enough to take your attention? Oh, pretty please.)

syofiaa and MiserableSOUL like this.
  5. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Murderous bunny? I don't like cry-baby MCs much but that killer bunny has me interested

6. girrlit

girrlit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That bunny... it all about the bunny

MiserableSOUL likes this.
  7. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
    yup its definitely all about the bunny

girrlit and MiserableSOUL like this.
  8. Hanabata

Hanabata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hypothon @RevieLeCrensia @HIMETAN @Dragon_Reader @girrlit @quarantine is good
    Hello there~
    The normally lurking and bored me thought it was a good idea to waste the last 24 hrs redrawing the Preview/Character Info (you can find on the LN's buying page) with my cheap paint app and translate it.
    They contain light spoilers if you are only up-to-date with the currently translated manga chapters (Ch. 2)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope the translations are correct considering that my knowledge is mostly based on listening i.e. I can understand it when somebody is talking in Japanese but can't write or read it. :blobsweat_2: In other words, this work was a mixture of me trying to figure out the Kanjis and celebrating when it actually worked.:blobrofl:

That's why...
    The amount of the Kanji 聖獣, which means Sacred Beast, used was seriously ridiculous. Even though I rewrote some sentences to cut down on it I still have it in every single line...:blobsweat:
    Additionally, when they were talking about the Sacred Beast(s) Caretaker they added the Kanji 番 to the above-shown ones but unfortunately Google Translate (and pretty much every other translator too) didn't get it and so it always ended up translated as "Holy Beast which adopted by Holy Beast". (Though tbh considering Muriel's personality that sounds about right:blobjoy:).

The next thing was the names and the descriptions.
    Somehow I got other "results" than the ones the current manga translator is using so I will just list it (Manga = Mine):
    Muriel Nolt = Muriel Lute/Ruth (Romaji was "Ruto")
    Silas Aaker = Silas Eikar/Eicar/Acre (Romaji was "Eikā". Could also be a pun considering "Your Highness" is written "Heikā".)
    ??? = Lentina Merlot (Romaji was "Raintina Mērurō")
    ??? = Lean Kuhn (Romaji was "Rīn Kūn")
    Atla = Atla/Atlar/Atlas (Finally the same :blobtaco:)
    Regzodik d'Grafinberg = Reggezodik de Gräfinberg (Romaji was "Regezodikku de Gerēfinberuku")
    Kurokiri = Kurokiri (That one was self-explanatory)
    Sujio = Sujio
    Rolo = Rolo

Also... Lentina's character description... Google Translate Scanner didn't get the Kanji's and they were hard to recognize either way so while the others needed maybe like 15 mins to translate I needed TWO.FRE*KING.HOURS to make sense of hers because I needed to find the Kanjis manually through their radicals.... literally 1000 Kanjis later:blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:
    Same issue with the author note...:blobdead: I am not even sure if that one is entirely correct.:blobsweat_2:

In the end, I needed a total of 24 hrs until I had everything done rip.

9. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Gimme a couple of days:blob_teary: I just wrote 8 medical essays back to back.

10. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I tried to look for novel raws on her syosetsu page and it wasn't there. If it is I can't find it. Do you know someone that has a version of the raws I could feed through google translate?

Hypothon and Hanabata like this.
  11. Hanabata

Reading List:
    Link
    @lazynoodles The only version you could call digital I found would be the one for Amazon Kindle. (You would need to buy it though:notlikeblob:)
    I don't know if it's compatible with Google Translate but I do know that Amazon has a Kindle App (free download), so that you can read your purchased books even without needing to pay a hefty sum for a transportable reader.

12. adorkablehiko

adorkablehiko Ryuunosuke Tsunashi’s Hoe

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol manga translator here and I have a copy of both light novels as well. What is it that you guys seek?

Also, you're missing the ノ in ノルト for Muriel's last name. For Aaker, I had to google as well. Eikar sounds nicer ngl but I think it's cause I found a name when I google in JP.

From the manga, Reintina comes in and Muriel finds out she's a girl soon after. But Silas got jealous because she talked so much to her but ignored his hello, and in the next chapter (ch 5? or 6) Reintina barges into his office and tells him to visit her at least, and he makes up all these excuses and she's like BITCH STOP SULKING AND TALK TO HER. So he does, and she faints from his beauty again, and he talks to her behind a screen because he's worried it'll happen again. Muriel comes clean to him about her anxiety, and they sort of start all over again.

As for what I got from skimming the light novel (I haven't got time to sit down and read), later on, Muriel is brought with them to an excursion and you find out a bit more why Atra and Silas had a falling out. I don't quite remember why, but I think it happened while they were in a battle. I did skim to the last few pages of Vol 2 and by then, they were already dating and the thing was, Muriel was still awkward with being lovey dovey and was gonna hangout with the sacred beast, and Silas got jealous that she's spending more time with Atra than him. He does like to tease Muriel a bit, but doesn't push her cause ya know, anxiety.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  13. Hanabata

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh... I already was confused when translating this because the other names are at least similar to each other but with a missing Katakana it makes sense.:blobsweat_2:
    (And that's why you don't translate something in one sitting:blobjoy:)

Well, considering this is a spoiler thread obviously spoilers lol:blobrofl::blobpopcorn:
    Something I personally would like to know is if Muriel's sensibility towards others' intentions is a result of her Dragon Blood (In case she indeed inherited it). :blobReach:
    Thanks in advance~

syofiaa and Hypothon like this.
  14. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I feel you on translating in one sitting. Have had to do that multiple times as well, but the good thing is you tried and you pretty much got a few of them correct. It might take a while cause idk which manga chapters correspond to which novel chapter, but I'll let you guys know.

Edit:
    [​IMG] :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  15. Hanabata

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU SO MUCH:bloblove::blobbunny:(<- I declare this blob the official emoji of this thread lmao:blobjoy:)

Also, I was surprised that my attempt at translating (albeit done crudely thanks to lack of knowledge) went mostly smoothly. It was time-consuming but satisfying in the end.:blobangel:

syofiaa likes this.
  16. Hanabata

Reading List:
    Link
    @adorkablehiko
    So...
    MC pretty much got a Tsundere Ikemen and Tsundere Rabbit going at her from both sides? Good luck in surviving that Muriel:blobjoy::blobjoy:

17. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Tsun rabbit? Definitely, but tsun ikemen? Nah, he's actually very doting on her from the little I've read. He outright said that he's jealous that she's spending more time with Atra (sacred beasts) than with him, her boyfriend lol. I do know a third volume for the LN will be coming out soon.

18. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really thankful for all the spoilers and legit surprised they're already in a relationship by Vol.02 (or at least events before Vol.02, ML moves certainly fast and using that sex appeal to good use). I still worry for MC though (yeah, she has protection from the SB and their partners bit with MLs looks, some self entitled noblewomen would certainly be cursing at her from a distance). But again, its REALLY nice to hear how doting he is and just wants her attention for himself, even getting jealous of his partner

19. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    They haven't gotten together by end of vol 1, but somewhere in vol 2 they got together. I skimmed the last chapter of vol 1, and it coincides I think with ch 6 of the manga. Cause I know in ch 6 of the manga is where they're like "Ayo can be friends?" and the title for last ch of vol 1 is "the shut-in lady makes a friend/becomes a friend" or something like that.

Tbh, if I had time to do all I'm doing and also work on more novel translations, I would prob pick up the LN for this. That and many other I have lol.

20. Hanabata

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it already fixed how many LN's the series will get or is the author just rolling with it?

How likely do guys think it is that inside the universe there is a SB obsessed group (be it positively or negatively inclined.) that coincidentally finds out about Muriel's "special constitution" and converts her? Kidnapping shenanigans ensue and so on. Gotta honor the classics and with such a fluffy and overall wholesome romance the drama NEEDS to be lurking somewhere else. I am not gonna trust the current peace.:notlikeblob::blobspearpeek:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020