Interested in One Piece but scared of the girth?

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link

This is one of a multitude of reviews that will be updated over the next few months. He also did DBZ which i honestly almost started to hate as I grew up. But I didn't let that color my perception of the review.

Honestly the best 100% blind watch / read I've seen in awhile. The way its presented isn't pandering to much to the lovers of the series. If you have long been interested in One Piece but scared of that big big big girthy library and don't know of its worth I highly recommend this person.

Disclaimer its not me... I'm just honestly very happy that One Piece is getting love.

That being said i'm like 30 eps behind...

Effugium likes this.
  2. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude when speaking English we use length to refer to how long something is. Girth is used to explain how thick something is, and it is almost exclusively used to describe a certain aspect of male anatomy. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

3. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't recommend the anime tho, it's too slow

4. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    That was the point of the joke lol
    I have to much nostalgia associated with the anime that's the only reason I watch it, its literally the only anime I watch and I haven't consistently watched it in awhile. This person reviewed the manga the editor put in clips of the anime.

5. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    and has too many goddamn fillers:blobcat_rawr::blobcat_rawr::blobcat_rawr:

6. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    if u prepare urself enough no matter how big it may appear you can take it ~

7. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you did make me laugh so I guess it worked.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  8. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually less than 20% of One Piece is filler, Naruto and DBZ are the filler kings. The One Piece anime uses filler moments but true fillers actually come after long arcs. Sure each ep is filled with flash backs and long pauses but that's in the anime no the manga. In Naruto even the manga (i hear) was filled with filler. One Piece only has anime fillers because they've caught to far up to the manga. To correct this they take a week off every so often to stay behind it.

I spent 3 months 7 years ago trying to shove it all down, I don't think I could do it again. It was an emotional roller-coaster!

9. Kalluno

Kalluno Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't mind the fillers, but the way the anime lags at times is a bother. I understand it's to give time to the animators for the major story sequences and give the manga some elbow room, but I really hate the pacing at times. At this rate, I rather have some worthwhile filler, instead of what's essentially dragging the same few panels for five episodes. :cry: