Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Maisenpai

Maisenpai Member

Reading List:
    Link
    those characters are developing planes there simply was no war for people to justify that Heinly is a good king and savior from foreign lands when some king in the past stopped invading foreign lands because he fell in love with a woman from that place because Behind a country are not only the interests of the royal family but also the other noble families and wealthy families, plans for years to do that are simply forgotten because "the king fell in love"

the chimpanzee analogy is like this.
    forests / cities and towns
    make mines: something that with the intellect of chimpanzees they can never do what humans do to destroy

I respect your opinion but I don't think the same. Not all people are created equal. I hope that these observations do not remain in that

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2020
    datagirl and reizleigh like this.
  2. Chronos5884

Chronos5884 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What? There were planes in this story? This is the first I'm hearing of it. Do you mean airplane sort of planes? I really don't recall this at all.

Lmao, what? Okay, you're just not making sense to me at this point in time. That is one really long run-on sentence with random capitalization and I do not understand what you are trying to say.

What? I'm really trying to understand, but all I'm getting is that: people are developing planes. Heinley is a good king and justified by no war that happened that ended due to a past king that stopped invasions... what? Nope, sorry, i tried, it still makes no sense to me.

I think... uh... are you saying that I'm saying Heinley isn't a bad person because he changed his mind and decided to not start a war that would kill hundreds to thousands of people? And therefore didn't end up murdering people and so he's not a murderer?

If so... yes? He's not a murderer if he didn't kill people. Also, there was no war. It seems weird to blame him and calling him a murderer for starting a war when he didn't do that. If he didn't start a war, and he didn't kill anyone, calling him a murderer who killed thousands of people through starting a war seems wrong. I don't agree with blaming people for things they didn't do.

I thought we were talking about species killing individuals of their own species and how this is not a human-only trait and that Heinley was a murderer for stuff he didn't do.

Well, I agree with you in that. I don't believe people are created equal. If so, there wouldn't be people that are better than others in things. Disabilities wouldn't exist. There wouldn't be such a thing as rich people or poor people.

Also, I just realized, we are off topic so perhaps this conversation should either be dropped or taken to a group conversation. This is a thread about Remarried Empress Spoilers and not meant to be a philosophy debate.

3. Maisenpai

Maisenpai Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dispositions=planes

oh sorry for not knowing the word and talking nonsense

the justification made by the author of why he did not start the invasion is very stupid of that I speak. "he stopped because he fell in love" mere bullshit

datagirl and kawaii12345 like this.
  4. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to calm down first, no need to be this aggressive. In case you didn't know, the novel is set in approximately a hundred years prior to that time period. In alternative fictional universe. They haven't gone through revolutions to fight for human rights yet. It's weird you project the modern time values on their values, they are completely different and you seem to not realize that. Back then we had slaves, monarchies, etc, common folk had no access to education and what? We don't have that anymore. We also don't have magic, they do, however. You seem to confuse our real world situation with the fictional one in the novel.

In the novel they have magic that can read people's minds. Shapeshifting people that can go to scout for information unnoticed. Mages that can freeze an entire river and make people who depend on the river die. Yeah, don't project real world circumstances on the fictional one. Slavery has been and will always be our history. We can't change that and we shouldn't.

5. Maisenpai

Maisenpai Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you think that being a good king for his kingdom he could not be a ruthless invader for distant lands. Love justifies nothing

we are discussing the character development of the novel. How the author justifies it loosely as the readers are hypocritical and defend only because he is handsome and treats the FL well where they do not show us the effects but they are perfect and victims of their time. We as readers cannot criticize this novel beyond the superficial that we are used to?

datagirl and theilikepie like this.
  6. Akesato

Reading List:
    Link
    You can do that, why not? After all there are multiple ways to make your country better, attacking them is very straightforward way. But Navier has good relationship with Gran Duke Kapman and they finalized their trade agreement with another continent, something that has never been done before. They got shit ton of influence just from that.
    Yeah, exactly. He didn't invade distant lands. That's the whole point.

AkatsukiKawa, EvaChan and Chronos5884 like this.
  7. Maisenpai

Maisenpai Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is asking for a valid reason being aggressive? I am not insulting anyone I do not know you in real life to get insulted online. This novel does not develop its world, it does not show us how powers are used beyond the superficial. It is simply a poorly argued romance novel

datagirl likes this.
  8. Akesato

Reading List:
    Link
    You are being aggressive even if you don't seem to notice that and not that message specifically. Also, please put as many replies as you can within one message, it just creates unnecessary mess of many posts and is against forum rules. Many people have complained that there were too many discussion posts and no spoilers, so it makes it even worse.

About the novel not developing its world, I don't understand you. The novel has worldbuilding. The way magic works is also being explained. It isn't happening within one arc, however. Same with character development. Novels that have it happen within one ark are rather poorly written or the plot of that arc was about that specific thing. If you think this is bad writing, look at "Lady to queen", that novel has a very poor writing, very straightforward and cheap. Written with what it seems to be, morals and values of our modern age, that just looks out of place for a historical piece of fiction.

If you are talking about how magic is being used, well, the main point isn't magic, and Navier only gets it somewhat midway in the novel. It is mostly about inter-character relationships and conflicts. The story is centered around a protagonist and events happening to the protagonist. Having magic explained much later in the story totally makes sense in this way, because if she had magic in the beginning we would have no explanation outside of "Navier used ice magic. It's super effective!"

9. Maisenpai

Maisenpai Member

Reading List:
    Link
    don't call Heinly Monster. I was referring to the anime and manga Monster created by Naoki Urasawa

datagirl likes this.
  10. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one dosent really have character delvopement. I mean the only chracter who develops is Navier.

Also off topic but lady to queen was not written with modern values. If it was there would be no system of concubines or the MC going back to the dude who had her family killed

My problem is that remarried empress dosent know what "morals" it wants to follow. There not consistent. But I guess it's not a big deal in the end because it os the equivalent of wattpad fiction so to excpect good writing or deep characters is along for too much. Its mildness fluff

Regardless liking MLs just because there Nice to the MC Is very common. It's the thrill of "hes mean to everyone else besides the MC cuase she changed him(lol)"

Its more of a general problem i see in tons of Korean Manwha/Novels. Cant really fault Remarried mrpess for falling into that trope. It gets the fans

Beware the villaness does a good job explaining that trope and whys it sucks though

I nust wish these Korean novels wernt so Protagnist centric and tied every characters development and morals in accordance with the MC. It used to be that a love intrests vould have friendships and relationships outside the protag or a side character disagree/dislike the MC but still be a good person. Made them layered

You know what would have been great
    Heinely legitamley deciding not to invade the Empire not because of love but him finding out it wouldn't work and its not the best thing to do. Maybe that is what happens in the novel but it's not translated yet but from what it seems from the spoilers he only stops becuse his loved one is from there which seems really shallow

And dude basically learns nothing. Hes still a cruel person as you can see with what happened with his brothers wife and how he left her to rot in a tower. The only thing that did change is that he fell in love. No character development at all

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  11. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, more or less everything in this novel is justified by, my heart goes Doki Doki, or Mah Feels.

12. Akesato

Reading List:
    Link
    What is not consistent in the morals department of this novel? I probably don't understand what exactly you include in this and this causes confusion.

But that's exactly what he said? He wouldn't go to war because just taking away mages will not solve all the problems and despite being filthy rich country, they will still have severe casualties if they wage war. Because the Eastern Empire without mages will be equal to them in power, which is not a good thing. It's better to start a war when the other side is at a severe disadvantage so you will have much higher chances of success with as little casualties as possible. It is lives of innocent residents that will be put at risk. He cares about his country and takes out all the weeds so they will not cause any harm (Duke Zmensia and co).

He might not have went into full explanation and just left it at "I care about you and your reputation", which is certainly the case. Why would he want to fight with Navier's parents who are responsible for the military? Besides, if they do win the war, there will be a lot of protests and unrest later because "the Empress waged war for personal grudge", both in the east and west. There are many more reasons to not go to war, other than just "mah feels". Most things were explained from Navier's perspective (about her reputation and casualties), so Heinley said very little.

What happened to Christa? Don't confuse Christa who got sent to Compshire (another city) and locked herself up in a manor because she felt betrayed by her family and Rashta, who was accused of many crimes and as a punishment was locked up in a tower and offered poison. Christa dying was her decision, Duke Zmensia blames it on Heinley because he doesn't want to admit that his priorities hurt his daughter. Heinley didn't poison her, if you were not aware, using her to threaten the rotten duke was a move to make him stop and realize what's at stake. But the old man is too muddleheaded and his ego is so inflated, he doesn't know that his actions are unacceptable.

Edit: I want to thank moderators for compiling a lot of messages together and keeping the thread clean!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  13. Th.ay

Th.ay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at some comments here, I am impressed by the creative ability of some people. They create non-existent plots and storylines... :blobokhand:
    I wonder why they don't use it to create new novels for us, it would be a more useful use of this inventive capacity. :blobhug::aww:
    Thanks for all the spoilers. (Thanks to you I was able to continue following this novel, as reading MTL on Naver is impossible for me.)
    Congratulations to all people with great patience on this forum. :blobangel:

ps: Thank you very much who created the "ignore" function on this site.

its0k, Elren, mochimochi99 and 13 others like this.
  14. famine

famine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Listen here, I never really justified killings or wars or acts that is harmful. I am simply saying that he did that not because he simply wants to but from his standpoint as a monarch it is necessary to do so when he started a war. Stealing magic is equal to taking the weapons that is able to defy him from the enemy hands to Heinley. He is cruel, yes, I never really romanticize or justify it, when did I say it is okay? My point was moral was not always there in each of every necessary decision taken as a leader of a kingdom. Is it okay? It is relative to say, as it varies from the stand point of each and everyone.

Also, saying Navier was a war trophy.. I am impressed. Do you ignore that even if the war happens or not, that Navier can choose simply not to be with anyone? Heinley stopped the attacks because he is afraid of getting Navier's ire. The whole story revolves around this process of stopping, you know.

I will not comment on your choice of falling in love with someone in a situation that is, hypothetically or not with someone that came to attack your country, that is your call.

Also, reading this <So this novel that teaching leaves us for life? Then do not tell me that you are reading this because they are handsome if that is why they refrain from criticism> confuse the heck out of me of what are you exactly trying to say as I never mention Heinley's handsomeness and what not in my previous comment.

Also, stealing magic, killing, wars, and all these acts.. I don't think anyone in this thread justify or romanticize it. Chill.
    Read the comments more carefully.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2020
    AkatsukiKawa, Th.ay and Chronos5884 like this.
  15. flamingorangesoof

flamingorangesoof Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys have a lot of free time

16. RomanaTri

RomanaTri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please CMIIW. I can’t give you anymore spoilers cause this is all I have so far. I wish I could get a full version too...

Towards the end of the story, Sovieshu decided to point Duke Troby (Navier’s dad) as his proxy as well as accepting the Western Empire’s suggestion to build a new coalition between the two empires. Navier, Heinley & their twin babies (Prince Kai & Princess Lary) travelled to the Eastern Empire to formalise this new coalition. As soon as they arrived, they were greeted by Duke Troby, Marquis Karl (Sovieshu’s secretary) and other Eastern Empire nobles except for Sovieshu. As they all admired Navier’s twin babies, Navier met a certain man’s glance— Sovieshu. He immediately fled, and Navier noticed that he was wearing a disguise amongst the crowd.

Sovieshu who ran away after seeing Navier was jealous & heartbroken. He said to himself how he’d finally seen the scene he’s always wanted— Navier holding babies that looked just like themselves (him & Navier). How he hated Heinley for being in that place instead of himself.

In the evening, a party was held to celebrate the coallition. Heinley was carrying baby Prince Kai who physically looked like himself, while Navier was holding baby Princess Lary whose appearance was exactly like hers. Heinley couldn’t stop himself from showing off his beautiful babies around & was overjoyed whenever someone compliments his children. Meanwhile, a slightly tired Navier went outside the hall with her baby girl to get some fresh air.

Navier brought baby Lary for a stroll around the garden she frequently visited when she was an Empress of the Eastern Empire. It was then that she saw Sovieshu, who noticed her too. They stared at each other in front of a fountain. This time, instead of running away, Sovieshu approached Navier & touched her baby. He said how the baby princess looks exactly like the woman he loved. He also wished for the princess to always be full of smiles. Navier said nothing & Sovieshu left.

With all documents & formalities for the new coalition established, it’s time for Heinley, Navier, and the Western Empire’s delegate to return back home. A day before she left, Navier gave her father a private letter addressed to Sovieshu. When she finally left, Sovieshu decided to read the letter:

I can’t tell you to live happily and well. But may you be a good Emperor with no hindrance.

Sovieshu ran towards the garden. He stood in front of the fountain & closed his eyes with hands on his back.

Now I realise how arrogant I was. I couldn't rule your life like I ruled my country. When I asked Navier for a divorce, there was no way to get her back. I knew it, but I just couldn't let it go.

Marquis Karl called him from behind, but Sovieshu muttered without looking back, fixing his eyes on the broken fountain.

"I was stupid, Marquis Karl. Navier has been long gone. I’ve had my chance to not make things go as bad as it is now. Yet I chose the worst option possible for myself.”

Sovieshu sighed heavily and turned away.

"But I will not despair at this fact. That would be the worst option, too. If I could never throw away these regretful feelings—no matter how much I wanted to, I'll hold it and move on. That way, I won't regret this moment in the future.”

By the way, “coalition” here doesn’t mean that Heinley’s & Sovieshu’s Empires are now combined. If I were to compare this with real life, this coalition is similar to union of countries like the European Union, ASEAN, etc.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  17. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am glad for Sovieshu. His enlightenment came at last, but better late than never. I pity his stupidness, his blind arrogant temper, but a man needs lessons to be better, only at what price. He paid his, good that he finally learned to moved on as a reformed person.

18. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quarantine will do that to you

If only i used this analyses and discussion back In high school English class

19. Spoilme

Spoilme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Finally Buddha touched his stupid head. But I am kinda glad(?) that he didn't die. I mean he played a HUGE role in making Navier and Heinley together:blob_patpat:

20. Hibaritoru45

Hibaritoru45 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually i'm also glad stupidshu didn't die and i hope trashta didn't die too so that she could see navier's happiness when she was imprisoned or better when she became a slave (again), cause i think that's a better punishment to see the two going crazy than being executed like trashta