LCD Forty Millenniums of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Dec 20, 2016.

1. piday

piday Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As the name of the novel suggests, the setting draws a lot of inspirations to Warhammer 40k, and is set in many, many solar systems. (I don't say it is set in a single galaxy like in WH40k because I haven't finished the novel yet and the cosmology hasn't been fully fleshed out yet, see the part about what a "Realm" is below). But to answer your question, for the first arc, the story is set in the Federation* which controls one (out of two, the other being controlled by the beast-man (not sure about the translation) race that the Federation have been in war with for hundreds of years) habitable planets in the Realm (which consists of two solar systems). In the next arc, the MC will go to another Realm, one that consists of many solar systems, and star-faring civilization that dwells there.

* remember that the Federation is the descendants of a faraway colony of the Imperium of Man that collapsed centuries ago, so they only has access to one planet.

Now, the terminology might be confusing since it's not explained in the early part (I actually don't think the author planned it when he wrote the early parts; he had said that the later parts of the story is completely different from his original plan, but IMO this change of direction to be more sci-fi is a great decision). The story is set in a universe much like RL, with solar systems filled with stars and planets, with a sort of hyperspace for FTL travel. Now, a "Realm" is a region of space where FTL jump is easy, so interstellar travel between planets in the same "Realm" (which might be in different solar systems that are far apart) is easy. Travel between different "Realms" is harder and less precise, requiring specialized "beacon" for navigation, and takes longer. Sizes of "Realm" can vary greatly, ex. the Federation is in a "Realm" consisting of only two solar systems with two habitable planets. While the "Realm" of arc 2 consists of many solar systems with dozens of planets.

asriu likes this.
  2. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A simple yet correct explanation.
    Just one minor thing I think not right: the FTL travel here is "jump into 4th dimension, then go back into normal space, at a different place". The time needed is almost the same. The only limits are the power of the teleportation device, the "weight" and the distance.

3. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the imperium consisted of multiple galaxies, the federation is only a single planet, space exploration is almost non existent due to the fact that since its creation 500 years ago it has been at war with the demon empires on the planet at the beginning and the blood demon sector (another planet full of demons) later

4. ItaloYu

ItaloYu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you please tell me about his wife? What happened to her at the end, and did she get stronger? At least close to his level or something.

5. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She did get stronger, but her level is lower than MC. For fighting power, it's hard to tell (they only sparring, not fight to death)

6. Maxlan

Maxlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No update for a while now on webnovel. I hope they didn't drop it, since it is my favourite novel. Anyone know more?

userunfriendly likes this.
  7. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not. Last privileged update was 8 days ago. :D

8. Maxlan

Maxlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been three weeks now. Pretty sure they dropped it because it wasn't popular enough :(

9. Maxlan

Maxlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just an update for some closure: fmoc was apparently dropped a long time ago and every release since then has been from the backlog of already translated chapters. Furthermore, cktalon said that the reason it has been dropped is because too many people were pirating the novel so that it wasn't profitable enough.

Personally, I'm going to wait for some months to see if someone picks it up (low chance) and if not read the mtl. Too bad, because I really enjoyed the story.

10. Tiken

Tiken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those truly are bad news, I had picked this up a few weeks ago, and was truly enjoying the plot at the point where the federation gets to know the menace of the Imperium. But who knows, maybe someone does continues the translation once I catch up around 2k unread chapters...

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    doubtful.

funny how bad stories are "unprofitable due to piracy" and good stories are profitable