Recommendations Any good marvel fics?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by MiraculousEagle, Jun 30, 2020.

1. MiraculousEagle

MiraculousEagle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are there any good marvel fanfics week to strong and where they started in this world early like 2-6 years old it doesn’t need to show it

2. Netto Azure

Netto Azure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MiraculousEagle likes this.
  3. Ibiskool

Ibiskool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only one I know of is "I am in marvel" and it's not good. I'm pretty sure there is fanfic of marvel some of them should be good?

4. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stand User in Marvel Universe
    might be OK

5. Aldevil24

Aldevil24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Spider https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12592223/1/The-Spider
    I think it's one of the best fanfic. It has a great character development, and the author knows a lot about Marvel, so the event is not just a rehash of MCU.

Twelve Steps to Omnipotence https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12923462/1/A-Twelve-Step-Program-to-Omnipotence
    It's a nice way seeing a rational person amassing power with all his in-knowledge of the universe.

Do you want some DC too? Cuz there are a lot more of that recommendation from me

6. Nate1995

Nate1995 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain to me what the coolness of fanfics is? the same for me please

7. MiraculousEagle

Reading List:
    Link
    You get to see a person in the world you want to go to i’m not good at writing but like the world so it let me put myself into the world a bit though ones where they don't give the protagonist a name or call them reader are just bad

8. MiraculousEagle

Reading List:
    Link
    i fine with dc if you can suggest me something similar to the spider but dc that be great

9. MiraculousEagle

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah there is tons of it it just alot of them make there character mister perfect and i cant read those long due to how grating they are i like the whole ptsd in the spider stuff like that really makes me like it it make the protagonist feel more real

10. MiraculousEagle

Reading List:
    Link
  11. MiraculousEagle

Reading List:
    Link
    thats that card one right? i read i think 40 chapters and it just bores me with how he just able to get absolutely bullshit op stuff for little work and puts little value in friendship

12. greeeed

greeeed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Western don't like fanfic too much because they already have official fanfic. I know in Japan the author have the right for his characters and not his company, so they can't create dozen of what- if story without the author permission nor change him with drop of hat.

For example, if Naruto was western comic, we will already have official what if story where Naruto or Kakashi become evil.

Alternative reality where everyone is alive except MCs, World where Orochimaru is good guy and dozen reboot to catch new fans(Ultimate)...etc

13. Ibiskool

Ibiskool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to look for marvel fanfics try other sources. I'm confident that there are hundreds and even some official ones out there.

14. Kalluno

Kalluno Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, not many in the range of what you're looking for, but I did find this.
    A Stark Contrast

OC in the body of a boy who is the son of Tony Stark and Maya Hansen(Tony is unaware and MCU Universe).
    Only a few chapters, but it killed about an hour or so for me. At the very least, it's written well.

15. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dc would benice

16. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Aldevil24

Aldevil24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright here's my DC recommendation.

Dark Shard - Enemy of the Light https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...ellblazer-worm-from-chapter-3-onwards.544252/
    It's a Young Justice SI-OC. I laughed a lot when I read this. So the MC is basically the troublemaker of the squad and deconstruct a lot of tropes found in comicbook.
    For example, accidentally taking over a dictatorship
    . Ehehehe

DC Remastered Edition https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12805334/1/DC-Remastered-Edition
    It's a dark fanfic, maybe a bit edgy for your taste, but I like it. The MC is reincarnated in Gotham and granted the power of gamer. Sure, that's maybe OP, but remember that DC had a literal god walking among men. So he kinda got a bad hand in life there, losing his loved ones, and so go down the villain path. It's fun to read.

Less Than Zero https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10362076/1/Less-Than-Zero
    The MC is living a hard life after left by his parents. He found out his father left him a superpowered suit. Now he becomes petty thief(?) to survive. And ofc since the Bat is such a stickler to the rule, he damned well pursue this thief (Or at least his sidekicks did).

I think that's all I can remember.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  18. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanfics allow fans to work and reshape the material of their favorite works in new interesting ways and perspectives. I think fanfic often embodies the what if as well as the hopes and imagination of fans and storytellers.

Fanfiction often gets a bad rep for being weird and cringy, but that's just because the extremes stand out and people tend to focus more of the negatives of things. At the end of the day, fanfiction is just another form of writing and creative content, just with a basis and foundation either through a template of ideas or the existent audience and community.

There will always be bad fanfiction because there will always be inexperienced writers and people with different tastes, but when it's done well, it really shows the potential of the original setting, characters, and ideas. Sometimes fanfic can bring out the charm of the source material better or maybe in a whole new different way or direction.

In fanfiction you can read things that don't happen or exist in the canon material. A character you like died? There's fanfiction of them being saved and getting a happy end. Your chosen ship doesn't sail? There's fanfic of it. Want to see a more light hearted or darker version? Fanfic. Want to see how different worlds or characters from different franchises mesh? Fanfic. Want to see a character curbstomp in another franchise's setting? Fanfic. Want to see a character's struggles and emotional development expanded on more than in canon? Fanfic. Want to see a villain turn a new leaf? Fanfic. Want to see everything go to hell? Fanfic.

Fanfiction can be a treasure trove of new and different content. It allows you to get more of the original you love along with maybe it fitting your tastes. It can also be the first step of a writers journey. Fanfic is something that really showcase the passion of fans and the desire of writers to create and tell a fun story. In a sense, it is the purest of wish fulfillment because it all comes back to our childish desire to just, for a moment, dream and forget about what's real, what's true, and what's possible.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    MiraculousEagle and Aldevil24 like this.