Spoiler Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Aoi.Caelum

Aoi.Caelum Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, he's still young and adorable just like what you just said:blobsmilehappyeyes:
    Some info that i could grasp about the young crown prince from the raws:
    • his name's Jeremy ジェレミー
    • on that chap he's currently 13 y.o
    • calls Rhonya as "Rhonya onee-sama"
    • wears a drop type sapphire earring on his ears
    • has silky blonde bob hair
    • he's cute and a good boi
    • is sad and lonely because Rhonya didn't send him any letters

Link of the chap when he appeared in the webnovel: https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/novel/94131096/797099378/episode/2359361

2. Syrena_Nightshade18

Syrena_Nightshade18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He truly is awesome. Fucking hate her brothers and shit. “You’re a girl and don’t need to do shit” FUCK OFF

3. Syrena_Nightshade18

Syrena_Nightshade18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad there’s no smut. BeastmanxHuman usually has good smut hmmm :cool::cool::cool:

4. Johnrevenge

Johnrevenge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far I've really liked the manga, so cute and fluffy. Hope the prince, Misano, and her idiot brother and bitch mother get what they deserve and suffer a lot.

5. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't argue with that. Going a little bit of topic, buy first thing I thought of was Hana and the Beastman (Sana is top tier husbando too)

6. capeSpirit

capeSpirit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is no one angry at the other girl?

Viola202 likes this.
  7. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who, Misano?

It seems that people are angry at her too, they are just going after Schneider more because he should have known better and actually done some investigation before breaking their engagement in a public fashion while Misano is just another arrogant girl who thinks she is owed everything, but she only got so far because Schneider didn't trust his future wife at all.

8. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you referring to Misano? Well, sure. We hate her too. Schneider just gets on our nerves more because of a multiple of reasons, reasons that not even being human/making mistakes is that simple as an excuse. Sure, he may have not murdered anyone or committed genocide or whatever but lets state the facts/what we know so far:
    *Rhonya's condemnation event at least happens while they were still studying/not at graduation like most villainess noble series. Unless someone proves me wrong or corrects me, lets assume Rhonya was 16 at the time (by Book III or Book IV, apparently she was already legal/18, so I'm a bit confused on her age really)
    *As mentioned in Book II translations, Schneider and Rhonya have been on a 7 year relationship. They've been engaged since they were kids and Rhonya may have reincarnated or at least transmigrated at a young age (again, I don't have the heart to read her condemnation event or Schneider backstories/flashbacks, basically early chapters. So, someone correct me ìf I'm wrong). It was Schneider who maturely suggested the young Rhonya to accept the engagement since they both don't have a choice and promises to be her protector (and thereby the start of her emotional crutch). Young Schneider may or may not have been aware of Rhonya's circumstances but the same Book II Schneider POV chapter, the king verifies not only the 7 year relationship, but also Schneider was very much mature of his age to accept the responsibility of an arranged marriage. While offscreen, Schneider eventually finds out of Rhonya's abuse from her family and strengthens his role as her protector (and of course emotional crutch). Those 7 years made them be viewed by outsiders as an ideal couple, so ideal that even the Elven Hero/Prince Orphias despite developing feelings for Rhonya, WILLINGLY backed off. The King also mentions, Rhonya was smart and persistent enough not to lower her guard on other men (but knowing her POV, it appears it was more of a case, she was dense/unaware of some feelings of some of her suitors like Orphias, Graytia, probably Hansel). While Schneider, when Misano enters the picture and coincidentally becomes his lab/study partner ONCE, let down his guard basically low enough that Rhonya forgets her status as a noble and indirectly causes trouble to Ramo, her family's servant/butler by making herself tea (I feel like the adaptation and novel are different), but the end result is basically Rhonya being seen as bullying her servant. Schneider, with their history together, trusts her but the narration mentions this event is what starts Schneider's doubts on Rhonya. It is implied (though quite a stupid point since Schneider SHOULD know this), Schneider is unaware how introverted Rhonya was during her academy days. Her popularity was low enough, her only friends were Hansel and Lexi and only had 3 followers/orbiters. The rest of the students associate her with her ambitious family.
    *Same Book II, while a lot of the academy casts are disappointed with the annulled engagement. Its more of the fact Schneider did so publicly and thereby ruined Rhonya's social reputation beyond repair as he is still related to Royalty. Also, because Rhonya somehow offended a member of the royal family, she also by her abusive brother and mother's eyes brought shame to their ambitious family and SHOULD'VE been punished more severely if she didn't prepare herself/had the knowledge and foresight of the events.
    *Continuing with more Book II nonsense, Schneider is unconsciously aware/guilty that he thinks Rhonya is wrong. On his first POV chapter in the same book though, due to his frustrations on the academy casts believing on Rhonya over him, he mentally calls Rhonya the root of all evil (based on the available translations available) yet can't help but rewind on the last moment he ever sees Rhonya where to his surprise, she has not thrown a tantrum or cried tears over being abandoned by him as what he expected (but then, in all the times he blindly followed/trusted Misano, Rhonya hasn't reacted to what a villainess SHOULD be doing. On the Ramo incident, she herself was the first to apologized *I feel like I remember this wrong* for forgetting her place as a noble and it was Schneider with his self righteous boner the one who was mad AT her) and all this comes crashing down the moment Lexi reveals the truth to him, slaps the evidence (the 3 orbiters admit they were drugged by Misano with hallucinations of their fears (mostly insects) and that it was Rhonya who was warning them NOT to involve themselves with Misano but they didn't listen and was merely fulfilling their noble duty of stopping another woman from getting closer to an engaged man (much less a man related to Royalty and a woman with a house from a low noblr ranking of a Baron) directly to his face and he accepts it.
    *Book III starts with Schneider with his new daily life, he goes to school, and during his free time, first heads out to Rhonya's grandfather's to ask for his usual forgiveness hoping to find out Rhonya's location (and granpa knowing his granddaughters feelings gives even Schneider the coldest shoulder). Schneider looks for more clues ranging from shops Rhonya was in charge of/patronizing to people who might shelter her during her time of heartbreak which leads him to the Elven Kingdom to look for Orphias, one of the few men even Schneider was openly wary of. He meets the Elven Queen and gets the roast of a lifetime (labelled as an enemy of women, sc*m, etc.), I mean, the guy JUST got his engagement annulled and he's not exactly hiding the fact the next woman he ends up seeing is the supposed victim of Rhonya's bullying. Only difference is Schneider during the entire duration of Book II and prior to his breakup with Misano, is actually taking the relationship slow, when the King asks him when is his engagement with Misano is, he answers he's going to take it slowly this time.
    *Random add on- HILARIOUSLY, EVERY notable side character from the academy casts despise him in-universe for again, publicly annulling his engagement ESPECIALLY to a woman who a. saved the world by saving the personification of plant life authority/Orphedoto and b. as someone engaged to Royalty, Rhonya's training includes diplomatic relations with other countries, said countries include the Djinn/Genies sandwiches between the human kingdom and Elven Kingdom, and the other is the Elven Kingdom. Both Kingdoms naturally want to adopt Rhonya during her time of heartbreak.
    *Recent spoiler verifications on Book III, upon the reunion we the readers never asked for happens. Schneider contrary to Book IIIs prologue of him wanting to genuinely apologize, instead DEMANDS why she didn't argue back during ALL her accusations (lets assume he DOES apologize though but along with that apology... we also have... this).
    *Rhonya eventually forgives him but tells him she's long over him (insert glacial levels of cold look), same pr*ck tells her that her current look is similar to her abusive brother (like, did the guy FORGET he JUST apologized?) which causes Rhonya depression for a day if not for Shize and his mofumofu little beast kiddie party.
    *Despite Rhonya telling him to just go bacl to Misano, he decides to ignore everything she says and is still a recurring character in Book IV.
    *As for Misano, by not entirely blaming her during the breakup, and well... just giving her one half *ssed closure, Misano in all her self entitlement glory, also goes to Rhonya's shop to confront her for causing said breakup.

Yeah, Misano was also at fault but she barely shows up and SHOULD be in-universe, weaker in Rhonya in every way (minus school popularity and getting Schneider's attention, both things which had her advantage during Rhonya's condemnation event is now turned to moot), be it in noble rank, diplomatic relationships, royal bride training, magic training (yeah2x, Misano is a real genius for being an eternal #2 for catching up to Rhonya without her spartan education from Graytia), academic ranking (Rhonya was at the top of the female academy, high enough for her to postpone taking exams in favor of saving the world. Random add-on Schneider tells her ONCE that its best she isn't always at the top and should give other people chances *cough*Misano*cough* knowing Rhonya has to shoulder the responsibility of being at the top lest she gets punished by her family or ruining his reputation as his public fiancee and again, being on top gives her priviledges to perform her work as a diplomat even sacrificing her social school life with nobles her age in favor of other monarchs and relationships with other kingdoms and even saving the world), and again, Rhonya saved the world. As for Schneider? THEY grew up TOGETHER. He KNOWS she's a victim of abuse AND is his fiancee, if the bullying were true (which we know isn't and is actually orchastrated mostly be Misano), its SEMI Justified era wise (cuz again, Rhonya outperforms her in mostly the majority)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  9. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, I think people are not talking about Misano as much because compared to most "evil Heroine" characters in villainess stories, Misano did not change or turn evil, she was pretty much like this in the OG timeline as well - which is why the novel Ronya reincarnated too wasn't very popular I assume, since readers had a hard time rooting for Misano as a heroine even in the OG novel.
    She is and always was a bit of a witch with a capital B.

10. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even in-universe the only person that seems to actually root for Misano is Schneider and he is likely annoyed at Misano lying to him, people were forced to help Misano or were just teens wanting to see something controversial, afterwards, well, Ronya is revealed to have really powerful allies who love her and she only gets more allies that think the world of her.

Misano however, seems so lonely and desperate that she is coming to a cafe(any news on what she says to Ronya) to blame her for things going wrong and seemingly having no one else, only Schneider was enough of an idiot to truly fall for Misano's claims and even he let her go once everyone turned against her.

11. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh man this is such japanese BS it's no wonder they allow themselves to be worked to death

When Schneider finds her and does his non apology she should have said "You destroyed my life, cost me, my social standing, my position before anything else how do you plan on making that right?"

But no she's happy living in poverty and working herself to the bone living the "slow life" sigh

Then again "slow life" is always a giant red flag saying story is about someone becoming the biggest loser in Loserville and being happy about it

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  12. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she didn't live in poverty. Her grandpa support her. She's just love cooking. Unless you read about Lady Rose I can agree with you she lives in poverty.

Chocomint.bunny and elhystine like this.
  13. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    Well trying to make a living off a single person restaurant will put you in poverty even in the modern era. It takes lots of money to live the relaxed slow life

14. Johnrevenge

Johnrevenge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have in mind that she is happy with her current life because she is more free. Back when she still was a noble, she was abused by her shit mother and shit brother (the grandfather should remove them from his will or anything like that so they can start suffering) and was constantly pressured to be perfect and that meant not having a life by herself. If she claimed her past status, she would be back to square one with her crappy family.

So yes, I think it's better for her to be the "biggest loser".

15. spchntrt

spchntrt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahaha such a breath of fresh air to see this kind of comment. well said. anyway, it's not wrong, unless your restaurant is very famous or you've reached financial independence state in life. but then again, this is just a fiction. anything can happen according to the author's will. also, it's just a matter of choices.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Aymee, Creolenerd and kawaii12345 like this.
  16. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    She's written to be happy. There's no way she is actually more free. Having a one person business as your livelihood turns you into a slave of that business (with exceptions but food service isn't one of them)

17. phamtasia

phamtasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why this work isn't as popular as e.g. Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter who practically build their family's business into a much bigger empire.

Kirarapot, Shey_04, syofiaa and 2 others like this.
  18. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    While I semi agree with your comment (I do get your point, although it was a tad bit blunt/mean even for me) but you also have to admit, the plot/settings are basically all all good to her.
    With my poor constitution IRL, I understand to some extent the jp inner desire to the slow life. heck, I'm actually trying to finish my 2nd major just for more job opportunities but everyone else who knows me would prefer I just take life slowly since they see me trying to stress myself out more but this isn't the point of this conversation though)
    Back to the main topic at hand, the plot has already made a point all in Rhonya's favor:
    *She has a cafe on the border
    *She admits early on she didn't expect the work to be that hard (given her appearance and some of these sweets are a bit original to the current world), her cafe was popular enough on the early days.
    *But this gets solved when the beastmen are introduced and become her regulars that she only HAS to work hard HALF a day, an actual 7am-12 or 1pm job due to the townspeople being afraid of them.
    *While I get your point on Rhonya overly relying on her grandpa, if I remember the translations right, she also does get overtipped by a few gold coins by the beastmen. And again, if I remember it right, 1 gold coin is equal to either 3 months or a year of rent for her store (I'm inclined on the former though). Rhonya also verifies that her grandpa did leave her some savings everytime he gets to visit (and if all else fails, she WAS ready to move on the spirit forest. It was her last resort either way).
    *What else? Rhonya's work mainly consists on cooking, serving and cleaning DURING work hours. Before and after that, the Rotos help her prep or clean up the store. And she goes to town once every few days/weeks to stock up on supplies that can't be taken on the spirit forest (bread and wine, probably vegetables. Also, meat if Laclain can't deliver her meat quota). Fruits are given to her by the Rotos, and other fairies harvest coffee beans, so she barely gets to spend anything at all.
    *So, to summarize, she's the most popular place for breakfast and morning snack time, probably also lunch depending on whether or not how early the beastmen come to her store, the whole town adores her and so far surprisingly no competition. She has a one day break for herself but also gets an unintentional day break as well when one of the beastmen come to her store on their days off (mostly Sena, occassionally Ryuse) and come early morning. So, she's actually okay-ish due to plot. And again, as someone here said, (honestly, I'd like to point out the king dotes on her and if she wasn't so nice, she COULD just abandon her mother and brother, heck to the people who DO know her, its a question WHY NO ONE took measures against her family given how much she's loved by a lot of top figures) she's happier and this was always her backup dream (once the engagement with Schneider was a failure)
    *Also, Rhonya also doesn't worry for security due to her barrier

Lastly, random add-on after reading the latest comments here: Even I just found this out but again, Schneider is ONLY related to Royalty but we don't exactly know what his title is, only that a LOT of foreign diplomats were looking forward to his engagemnt with Rhonya *namely both the Djinn/Genie and Elven kingdoms* (Schneider is a nephew to the current King. We HAVE a CP, a 13 year old kid with a sibling like relationship with Rhonya)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  19. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    I get what you're saying and as far as you go you're correct but it all goes back to the author making the economy of the world / mechanics of owning a restaurant more of fantasy than the magic.

Back in the 80s I was pitched the idea of oppening a brew pub by a friend who was a chef. It was said to be a good investment at the time because none of them had ever gone bankrupt (hahahaha none of them had been around long enough to fail. The one i liked the Manhattan brewing company went bankrupt 3 times despite being busy all the time) All I knew about restaurants at the time was they're a tough business . As a matter of fact if you look at the celebrity chef's with restaurants on the food network everyone of them has a bankrupt restaurant. Makes me real glad I put my money in pharmaceuticals and information technology. Hell I even knew a woman who came from a wealthy family in the ready to wear business who opened a small restaurant specializing in aute cuisine (too small) after two years she had loss approaching 7 figures , she was about ready for a nervous breakdown, and her family pulled the plug. That was despite having great write ups in magazines like food and wine and some very high profile customers.

Anyway important things I learned from doing the due diligence.
    1. Smaller is harder for restaurants (there is less efficiency in the division of abor and it makes it harder to fully utilize products (1 person is damn near impossible you can't wait tables seat people, handle the payment and cook at the same. ) Even if you go to diner in the middle of nowhere some is going to waiting tables and manning the cash register while someone else takes care of the bac
    2. Specialized products are doubly problematic, the market is smaller and more fickle what's more your food cost goes up
    3. It's too damn easy to get shaken down and you will get shaken down.

Her restaurant is a recipe for failure, P.S. this kind of business is the sort of thing Men buy their wives, so they are out of their hair and have people they can vent their frustrations on. Usually it's some form of retail

Anyway going back to the reality of living in a feudal society.
    1 commoners live at the mercy of the nobility
    2 commoners can be imprisoned, enslaved, tortured, raped or killed more or less at the whim of the nobility
    3 She was in a school where she was trouncing the nobility who all had the same need to do well she did\
    4. quiet life or death sentence being busted down to the commons?

20. Soullink

Soullink Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, the problem of this novel that is PLOT poorly written.
    We got cliche with Broken Engagement, that usually create a promise that some one will be punished for causing misunderstanding/scheming, nah, just forget about it. MC don't have revenge intentions and pretty much any ambitions at all. In "Lady Rose slow life" - MC was motivated to be able to write her own story/future.
    And we got Prince that have no real world sense at all. Like in "Lady with a Scalpel" where Link was trying to get the Crown for revenge for his mother and sister, or like in "Abandoned Empress" - where nobility is highly organized and actively contest the power flow, disrupting Kings actions and will.
    It's basically becomes a Mofu-mofu funservice with beast people and elf and cute spirits.
    Misano basically is the only character in this story that have at least a little bit of intellect and ambitions, i hope that in the end she just torture to death both MC and ML, but that will never happen.