Let rant about our superior!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Jul 2, 2020.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I first started, my supervisor informed me I can talk to her if I have any issue—precisely, don’t be afraid. It’s because people had told her she was intimidating which I understood from observing. But I am not gonna tell her.

Usually, I am quite tolerant but today I’m not feeling too good myself. I got to work and immediately went to see my lead to discuss a customer on my list. My sup came to find me, with me still with my Lead, and told me off that “I need to check my email every morning.” I wanna blow off “I usually do, just not yet today cause of this customer,” but being the underdog mean I have to be nice and polite with a strong and nice “okay.”

Wanna share a moment you had with your boss?

2. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    You know a lot of things would be a lot better if you just communicated better ... (to god)

3. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    A recent story ...
    I don't know how many people we will need for July shutdown ...
    Lets just mandatory everybody...
    shutdown comes why did the whole shift show up we don't need all of you...
    sends almost everyone home...

imK and please_smile_for_me like this.
  4. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah so my superior is a kind of person who.... @Gandire Alea
    shit my superior also has an account here

5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Must have been a VERY important email for your boss to suddenly tell you off for missing one mail for one day?

imK, Alvastar and Drake98 like this.
  6. BlaBla013

BlaBla013 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i work 6 days of the week, i would like to make that 4-5, but last time i asked my boss to make that 4-5, he put me a damn 2-3 for 2 weeks.
    and i need to complete a certain time at that job for a bonus from my country after military service, so i cant leave, yet.

imK, cap.toon and please_smile_for_me like this.
  7. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    How I wish. I pray every night for a better future, better coworkers, better superiors, and more $$$.:blobxd:

imK and please_smile_for_me like this.
  8. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having to suck up to your superior and suck it up are the reasons why most jobs suck. :blobsad:

9. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. They just want me to cover lookout for a coworker working from home. Nothing emergent that need immediate attention. Morning r super slow, so even if it took me 30 minutes to see and respond—it wouldn’t matter.

imK likes this.
  10. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does that mean you superior @Gandire Alea is on NU/NUF while they should work, having you do all their work which prevents YOU from being on NU/NUF while you should work, instead? The nerve...

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically the boss is using as a outlet for frustration, which happens a lot in my workplace, when the top screams at the middle and the anger just flows down.

Get yourself a stress ball then, or find a technique to cool yourself, to be honest, unless you don't work there any more, more of those frustrations will come your way.

It is called directing anger, when they lack the ability to face their problems head on and divert it to someone weaker.

You only suck up to your bosses if you want a fancy promotion or a pay raise, which to be honest becomes something you need to balance out with your co-workers, because everyone is doing it but no one likes a showoff.

Suck it up and find something to make you forget the shit throw at you, because you end up piling it up one day and let it all out and all you can get from HR is a immediate warning letter or getting fired on the spot. They say that we are all unique, but they also forget to mention that we are all very replaceable.

imK and cap.toon like this.
  12. BlaBla013

BlaBla013 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i rant about a co worker though? I have a 40 year old co worker who has the mind set of a 5 year old. I work at a gas station, so we sometimes receive tips. unless he receives around 10$ tips in the first fucking hour (which is a lot), he would curse customers behind their backs, and cry every 5 minutes about how he "came for nothing" and "why does he even work here anymore" (after already working there for 3 years). He also has the strange mindset of asking the same damn question every 5 minutes just to annoy whoever he is working with. especially "are you hungry" and "are you tired" which if you just ignore him, he would continue asking the same damn question until you do, no matter how much it takes to get a response.(only to ask that 5 min later again) He has more tips than you? He would just pick the money in his hand, hold it to you and say "There are no fucking tips today ha?" He knows you work early tomorrow after evening shift? "It must sucks to work morning tomorrow right?" x 100 times in the shift. He know a certain customer tips? he would shove you away as you go for that customer to serve him. god, i hate that guy.

13. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently going on and on about opening up our larger commission without even showing up on the office.

14. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    My boss is a really nice person, but a terrible decision maker. I have been working with him for 3 years now, we worked on 3 projects, the last one has lasted for around a year so far and I had to redesign and reprogram the whole damn thing from ground up 4 times. That's right, every three months due to his whims and wishes, I had to change the architecture, framework, language and design of the software product and start from scratch again. Well, I take it like a champ and consider it a learning opportunity. The first year, I had to learn python, machine learning and web scraping, around the second year I learned php and html/css and finally wordpress and js, third year I have learned so far are angular, vue, react native, android(java/kotlin), flutter, django, docker. Let's just say I have dipped my pinky in so many paint buckets, it's now vanta black.

imK likes this.
  15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm shifting blame, not direct superior let say another department close associated~
    according to law maybe ministry law level which below legislative law or common law forget da english legal term, usually for how to operate on real field or real situation, there some field must be filled for registration archive let say for better documentation on archive~ since some ministry start to use digitization? convert analog data to digital data some if not most civil servant at that time kinda bleh on input data so plenty of havoc on several data for document archive~ on bleh day da superior bark this cat cuz why certain field not filled despite according to da law it must be filled~ this cat argue since such data not pop up on system this cat cannot filled it randomly cuz technically it da barking superior department responsibility to process it digitally so such field number registration pop up~ after barked more than several minutes that doggo ehem superior move out ehem back to it's lair ehem office~ this cat direct superior said well let him handle it~ later this cat section need to log in to several account from several departments just for "good" document processing~ days later this cat got info the day that doggo ehem superior barked it department got sudden inspection from higher up that pointed such mistake~ da funny thing is..... it never been problem cuz from manual registration check after the that doggo processed, da manual registration given back and inputted on system thus da damn field registration pop up so on this cat section can fill it on manual document~ why this cat call it shifting da blame? cuz on that day this cat called by 3 section just to explained da damn thing cuz da doggo blame this cat section for doggo department mistake ya know~ pop luck on that day this cat partner leave for sick~ worse cuz this cat can counted as new member so only new few basic thing~
    19637.png
    dad gum it was da fate of contract worker who happen work on government office~

imK likes this.
  16. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouch. Did everyone get pay for the day?

guess I’m lucky.

I need a stress ball.

Sounds bad. But people tips u at the gas station? Really? I have never heard of it before. Idk, but if I am a regular I would began to see things and be selective about tipping. My local coffee shop knows me as a regular customer—maybe calling me petty too cause I never tip. I think it’s the job of the employer when all staff is crowded into a small drive thur and charging ice coffee over $4.

Working with bad coworkers sounds super tiring. I know. I had similar coworkers before but they still weren’t as bad as that coworker. Well I got reported for a super duper short humming in my cubicle—like just 2 seconds. The world is super amazing, people r super diverse for both the good and bad—don’t u think so?

17. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    I find a molotov cocktail more useful, or a hammer. Depends on your preferred class in Elder scrolls and your relative fitness.

cap.toon, 0000000 and imK like this.
  18. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol... thats cute

19. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Oho, i'm loving this thread.

Quarantine is a blessed time to be (aside from the pandemic and their deaths, the massive lay off, general panics, and the destruction of economy, ofc) since that means i don't have to spend time from morning till another morning in the office.

Since i'm still considered as a "new blood" at a certain firm, the brunt of research and draftings goes to me (along with the impossible timeframe to complete them). What irks me the most is how the briefs that i've worked hard for is branded to be made by my boss (when he only add 1 paragraphs), with me as a "co-counselor". Recently, i've been promoted as "co-author" though.

Shucks, but that's just how the industry is :blobsalute:
    I still want to strangle him sometimes:blob_thor:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Chuki Yuuki, cap.toon and imK like this.
  20. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I admit to all the aforementioned accusations~