Discussion Tencent has their greedy eyes on your waifu's

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Jul 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, got to say if you dominate that means you can do whatever you like especially against those you hate. So i believe you weren't so innocent to believe that they will taking care others. Or you're mean that 'taking care' are like what they do to minority races over their own country right now.

Jackmeher, Bloodysin28 and TamaSaga like this.
  2. Bucj

Bucj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good,as if all those trashy isekai animes are not enough.Now with 10 on the game all the inane xianxia will be animated too,and we will have entire episodes just praising the values of a one party government

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh it practical approach~ really~
    if we buy all big company from china backed by government conspiracy or theory then tencent approach for anime and manga is good idea~ so far tencent is big name for game section ya know~ game industry is quite profit market more so since the era of mobile game aka game played on phone, be it online or offline~ some cat may say fa industry decline ob quality or such but... there still many other cats who buy it no?
    it mean tencent want more influence which related to business and money if we put conspiracy theory for support China economy or money source for whatever intention~ manga and anime indeed have big potential market, potential cuz like it or not japan still rare export anime and manga outside specifically western part cuz on asia for manga alone this cat may say western side leave on dust leave aside for only popular shounen title~ shoujo genre actually have more variants on one shot which consist one volume or just short story consist 3 to 5 vol~
    even with restriction there still plenty cats wanna search anime and manga albeit illegal way~ if there more legal way to sell manga or anime franchise well big money~ that not include merchandise~ so enjoyeah practical move for tencent~

hmm been derailed for manga anyway for anime meh this cat just sit enjoy da show~
    btw jp game ecchi-ness lately resemble softcore no? maybe if big game company make one or two full blown hentai game that will be famous~ or maybe more gamer prefer ecchi compare with gameplay cuz next gen console offer really good visual?

oh btw for those who like conspiracy theory china dominate da world, well it kinda like USA dominate da world~ china actually use economy approach, on this age by have great economy power china start to pick fight on various sector along with spreading it company influence to boast more economy hmmm a circle~
    really nothing new you know~

4. Diagon Alleycat

Diagon Alleycat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the nice things about China's SOCIAL CREDIT SCORE system is that it also eliminates proof. More and more people are declining to post proof of negative news items as that is punishable with a reduced social credit score.

Villager Anonymous likes this.
  5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know the difference between "rule" and "invade"? Unless your "World Domination" involves marching 2 million men into a country, Illuminati style "domination" involves "ruling" which means no obvious military movements. Which means you don't do high profile things like Rwanda.

The "Dominate" by invasion is the kiddy childish version of world domination and is only practical in cartoons and kid's imaginations and childish thinking. Try it in real life and you'll get Kuwait version 2.0 where someone from the country invaded will show up in the US with some sob story and the next day, you get a Coalition camped outside your borders itching for a war. Border change by military had been politically incorrect ever since WWII.

6. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean Tencent only had as much influence towards company related to them. Thinking as if they could change anime and manga as if they're some sort of a god kinds of illogical don't you think ? No, it's just the works of the company related to them.
    Besides there are many resourceful and talented indie maker that would need support anyway instead of giant or big player who would be more interested to just making money.

Nightow1 likes this.
  7. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is why the invention of crowdfunding is a massive blessing for indie writers and developers.

8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a figure of speech duck, the stuff that happened few months ago to comics and some movies is simply horrifying to say the least :blobsweat_2:

Sami11 likes this.
  9. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    If you ever try to read geopolitical history as a whole instead of just star stripped version of Hollywood you might consider your current self as dumb. If you ever that is.

That said how come you equates Tencent as Chinese government ? Its not like Chinese government ordered them to invest in anime. Never think that the idea behind their acquisitions is money ? Profit ?
    Chinese is more normal than you think. They also have and love their waifus. Anime sells in China if you ever wonder why many anime styled game made by Chinese.
    No they don't really woke up into their dull life to praise Mao at 6 AM in the morning and work like robots. Or whatever funny idea of the cold war anti communist propaganda sold to you.

10. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish you told me this before the hongkong security law.
    Well you know what i mean.

11. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Other similar law.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason_Act_1351

http://www.criminal-code.ca/criminal-code-of-canada-section-46-2-treason/index.html

It refers to act which involve foreign agent rather than domestic dissent.

The HK law itself here.
    https://hongkongfp.com/2020/07/01/i...ation-of-the-hong-kong-national-security-law/

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    what it mean? hong kong is political thing~ hong kong current circumstances is china internal affair about control one of it legal area~ despite it may wrong cuz political view different I don't get such case equivalent to fear of china correction tencent influence on anime~
    better approach is china investment on Europe sector such as Greece and I forget other country that affect EU opinion about china action~ africa also interesting case~ of course there case to against such argument, da area on SEA(South East Asia) that is South China sea dispute, despite china investment on SEA region is big, countries on SEA region still "fight" china claim over South China Sea aa far as USA join da fray~
    another approach is how foreign investment may affect a country policy toward something, yeah not really good example but that the best example this cat can think atm~

13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I'm afraid of is the companies willing to work with them might be the companies where our favorite works are published from. There's also the case of money talking, but what do I know about the economy between China and Japan? Good news is Japan doesn't seem to welcoming about Tencent. No matter, I'm just hoping it won't affect anime and manga I've taken a liking to over the years or months.

14. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Deplatforming and crowdfunding is the way. If you don't like how they do things to the works you just need to give them a pass. Just do something like "Content is shit. I no buy".
    Tencent is typical blatant cash grabbing do less for more company and that made them a shit company in my eyes. But suggesting that they have some nefarious vile conspiracy to take over and brainwash peoples under some government direction isn't being fair to them.

15. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just search my hero academia mobile game that getting cancelled

16. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said that, though? I think you're the one assuming. Why are we talking about brainwashing and political agendas? Re-read my posts again. That's not the reason why I dislike them.

17. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Right. I'm sorry i confused your profile with @Alundric above.
    This is tough because usually company that offer it's shares up needed money and the one that might come up to buy them either pursue short term profit or seek to monopolize the market. Either way you'll see poor feedback reception to any bad changes.
    Which is why it's easier to give up on them.

18. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Make's the whole situation even more depressing... to both natives and foreigners. Well, there might a very small chance of hoping it might turn out to be not a bad deal. Now I'm just rejecting reality. Hahaha....

19. Daitengu

Daitengu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see what you're saying, but with snitch rewards and Tencent being bigger than EA, do you really thing the CCP wouldn't be use them as a propaganda/censorship vehicle?

We've got newspapers in the US pushing out CCP centric articles, even if the evidence is to the contrary. Like the whole WHO Rona debacle.

Also, I don't give two shots about China itself, it's the CCP I'm watching. Hell I feel bad about the average Chinese people. So much culture and history wiped out in the CCP's attempt to have a monoculture catering to their virtues. Can one like their country, but hate their government? Yes, it's basically the default setting for US citizens.

Diagon Alleycat likes this.
  20. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah boy. Calm down bro.

China is indeed a shithole. But it isn't what your media tells you it is.

You are just being manipulated into hating a political enemy of your country.

Nightow1 and asriu like this.