Discussion Do you like your work?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kolya1998, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Kolya1998

Kolya1998 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone. I wanted to ask - do you like your work? Do you love what you do or not? If not, why don't you change your job? I think this is an interesting topic for discussion.

Jeiyiii and imK like this.
  2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    occupation lazybum cat on nuf
    this cat like it~ why want to change?

that aside farmer nah not really it just have small pot of land which happen have agriculture on it~ love? hmmm it not love or hate but more like cuz this cat not really like on office, trading, entertainment part~
    btw this pandemic really hit traditional agriculture sector~

imK and mir like this.
  3. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    There's something called comfort zone, so....

imK likes this.
  4. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Too far gone to go back. Tho it does have its perk, the long work hours and the ever increasing workload is killing me. Especially when the first few weeks trying to adapt to a new working environment.

imK likes this.
  5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there's any work I'd enjoy. I'd rather sit at home with my internet and read novels, browse youtube and eat all day. I've spent days doing just that. However, I do feel a sense of fulfillment when I finish a task at work (coding related) But I'd still rather laze around.

Skaistise and imK like this.
  6. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud We all need to pass the hydration test

Reading List:
    Link
    I work 5 times a week, 24 hrs each day but I get 1 week break in between. I think I'm okay with it in the mean time. It's a transient work after all. 3-4 months from now, I'll return to training :blob_plusone:

imK likes this.
  7. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. The people in my company are nice and there's a lot I could learn from the experience. Unfortunately, my branch is being closed this year so I would have to find another work which is quite a hassle.

imK likes this.
  8. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I like my job.
    I like that my work is important, (and currently completely essential due to covid and lock downs) and I like being useful to the 'customers' and my coworkers. It's nice that it's challenging me to think fast, act fast, pay attention constantly, be accurate, and learn and remember alot of very different things. I've always been bad at almost all of those so it feels like I'm slowly eroding my weaknesses the longer I work there. Also I'm getting stronger because of it. My legs from standing all day, other muscles from lifting, pinching, etc and from me trying to get stronger on my own time to avoid muscle strain at work (it's painful).
    [And I can now open pickle jars on my own :blob_pompom:]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    imK likes this.
  9. Haniyeh

Haniyeh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an English teacher in training:blobmelt:
    until now, I think everything has been great and I love it but I don't know how I will think in 10 years:blobsmilehappyeyes:

imK likes this.
  10. GoneGretel

GoneGretel Sequence 8: Student of Ratiocination

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. I like my job. Its like an RPG.
    You do Boss battles once in a while, the perks are great for victory but sometimes you got revived at starting point (never happened to me tho) ... its really the company of good people that keeps you playing :blobsmilehappy:

imK and Fulminata like this.
  11. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Although its structure is kinda shady, and it has its moments of longg, loong work hours (from morning till morning, 7 day/week), unreasonable workload, sometimes morally questionable decisions, and makes me feel like i'm in that shady politickings novels at times, i actually kinda like my job. It stimulates my brain and the stakes makes me feel...alive. I also get to help people sometimes, and get to connect with many brilliant minds across the country. I feel productive and there's an actual, tangible reward for each achievment. Overall, i'm currently happy with it :blobmelt::blob_sunglasses:

I still wanna quit in the future and open a cactus & succulent farm, though :blobmelt::blobmelt:

imK likes this.
  12. Chuki Yuuki

Chuki Yuuki *lags in reading but keep farming in games*

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, definitely~ I love my kids! They are all so adorable after all and every exhaustion you feel when taking care of them just goes away if they achieved a new milestone or just by simply smiling at you and/or doing something funny :blobcatblush: They are just sooo adorable :bloblove: I miss them now that the clinic is close T__T

But management wise, our clinic might not be the best out there hehe. It obviously has management and monetary issues :blob_teary:

imK likes this.
  13. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I love my job. It's super-flexible and gives me an outlet to express myself as well as put my skills to good use. I've only had a few jobs I didn't like and I left them soon as I found replacements so it's pretty good on balance.

14. weirdnshort

weirdnshort Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I do. I really like it because I feel that I'm growing technically, unlike in the past where my company would pigeon hole me into certain projects/tasks - because they've already trained me.
    In my current position, I feel that there can be a lot of potential for future growth. I'm also very lucky that I have very supportive managers.
    I'm also going from a consultant position to public sector, which has a lot more work/life balance.

Before changing my career, I really didn't like my career choice, especially during the times of instability. What made me jump was reading my old posts where I've been whining about my jobs. lol. My former coworkers thought I was nuts, giving up my career. I was not sure for one whole year but now I'm really glad.

Skaistise and imK like this.
  15. Jeiyiii

Jeiyiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still a student lol but I want to work in the Hospital

imK likes this.
  16. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the time, except during winter and when people break things. Most of the rest of time life is easy.

imK likes this.
  17. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I thought this was asking about my original works of fiction, which I like just fine.

As for my actual job, it’s alright I guess. Not the most exciting job in the world...but that means I can entertain myself with translation and translate more in motivation.

imK likes this.
  18. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I love it but I have to accept that I have to readjust my views and priorities when I decided on this track.

I was the one who took the off beaten track and when for a job/career that aligns with my strengths. I don't regret it but I have to reconcile that my dream and my job will have some consequences of the financial kind. Also, there might be a chance that i might have soem very niche skills taht cant be transfered into other industries. But I still love it nonetheless.

imK likes this.
  19. Kogal Koi

Kogal Koi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Working is a pain the eyes, but if i am not working i cant keep my expenditure :cry:. Uuhhh. . i wanna go back to my leecher days.