Chinese I'm the MC, Why Do I Suck at Cultivation

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Normie Extermination Committee, Jul 3, 2020.

?

Should a translator take over this novel?

1. Yes

84.0%
  2. No

16.0%
  1. Normie Extermination Committee

Normie Extermination Committee [Toilet Sniffer] [ Grand Master of Underlings]

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: I'm the mc, why do i suck at cultivation
    Raw Link: dunno
    NU Link: it isn't created
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:

This was a trial read on web novel, it has upto 60 chapters released, it was released 2 weeks ago ( as i am writing this ), it has 429.5k views, it has 102 ratings, it is 4.8 stars rated, it has approximately 146 who donated actual money for this novel to be picked ( otherwise called fans on web novel ), and it is an amazing story that is on par with cultivation chat group, reverend insanity, the legendary mechanic, and the lord of the mysteries in terms of comedy, trolling, plot, mc's otherworldly handsomeness, etc.

The basic premise of the story is that if you are handsome, talent doesn't mean crap, and since the mc is otherworldly handsome, even though he has the worst talent in history, being at the qi refiner stage ( The lowest stage for cultivators), the heavens dote on the mc sooo much that otherworldly phenomena appear when he is breaking from beginner stage to intermediate stage of qi refinner, and causes people to think that he is ascending the mortal world to the celestial world, lolz.

Description:

Lu Changsheng is depressed.
    In this world full of cultivators and immortals, because of his face and irresistible fine bearing as a protagonist, women fall in love with him within three seconds. Unusual heavenly phenomena occur to celebrate his breakthroughs. His literary talent can easily shock all scholars and his random citations are eulogized by the heaven and earth. Legendary beasts offer themselves as mounts, celestial treasures throw themselves into his pockets.
    However, there is one thing he does not understand.
    He's the main character, the protagonist, the MC! Why does his cultivation suck?
    Also known as "Super Ultra Ordinary and Average Eldest Senior Brother," "Why Am I Still the MC Even When I Suck at Cultivation," "My Good-looking Face But Hopeless Cultivation."

Also, web novel didn't pick this novel, since the people on web novel like novels similar to Peerless Martial God, Chaotic Sword God, and Martial God Asura. So you can pick this novel up.

For people worried about this being a qidian novel, and getting DMCA, well the translator of thriller paradise is still allowed to translate the novel, even though webnovel is translating the novel as well. So it goes to show that they don't care.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2020
  2. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which I say good QI deserves it more good novels we can grab the better, if thy dont want them its fair game I say.

3. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet suck, overpowerluckiness except if there're good comedy and ambience which both hard to write. e.g I'm destined of greatness manhwa

4. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been waiting for a novel like this

5. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    close I've seen was strongest system

6. Cheng

Cheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For anyone interested, the first 39 chapters are currently free on Webnovel. The next 21 chapters(chapter 40-60) are available to be unlocked.

7. Nour-aldene

Nour-aldene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although the novel is very good it's very far away from the standard of reverend insanity

8. Normie Extermination Committee

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity was conceptualized by the author for many years before being made into a novel. So i do understand and in fact agree with your opinion. When i compared Reverend Insanity to this novel, it was me basically wishing and hoping for this novel to continue to improve and become deserving of being compared to Reverend Insanity in the near future, pretty much my hope for this novel.

Nour-aldene likes this.
  9. TheBookWorm

TheBookWorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read the first 10 chaps and it’s hilarious! It’s like Legend of Sun Knight but Xianxia.

10. Nour-aldene

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right we all hope that most of the light novels rise to the standard of RI so that we won't be bored and this certainly has much potential so it's not a bother to support it

11. Normie Extermination Committee

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Nour-aldene

Reading List:
    Link
  13. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Normie Extermination Committee

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading the book, and then tell me your thoughts. Trust me, it is a good novel and you will definitely like it.
    The reason the summary is so vague is because i don't want to spoil the book, it currently has 600+ chapters, and has a multiverse setting.

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  15. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    I dislike most cultivation novels but this sounds perfect for me as sounds far more fresh than generic revenge number 456465 why do the generic ones get picked up but this gem get dumped?

16. Normie Extermination Committee

Reading List:
    Link
    Because of new people getting introduced to novels, therefore having a lower threshold of what garbage is. Unlike experienced readers, the new readers find novelty in the trash novels, and think that it is great. Once they have read alot of books, they will know that it is trash.

Also, alot of bots upvote trash novels as well, lol.

17. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its more bots than people.

18. Normie Extermination Committee

Reading List:
    Link
  19. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope ppl can pick up much of the gems as possible.

20. Normie Extermination Committee

Reading List:
    Link
    we all hope so. The question is, who will?

sometimes i even wonder what the point of threads such as novel pickup requests are, since no translator/barely any translator even bother to pay attention to it, lol

@Active_Translations