Discussion Good Luck??? Or Destiny...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Smilingly, Jul 4, 2020.

?

Should I even worry that much for this??

1. Yes, because...

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. No, because...

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Depends...

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Smilingly

Smilingly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, my school ball is coming up and the guy I liked asked me to be his ball date...

Actually, before he asked me I had already accepted that I would go to the ball independently and meet up with my friends. Because, I didn't think anyone would ask me...
    The week the ball ticket sale closes (Monday 3days until close of ball tickets), my friend got our other friend a date ( for a while I had thought why didn't she hook me up with him instead? But then I realized I usually say no to those things and I can be independent and still have fun. One of the guys in my friend group likes one of the girls in the same group, he took his time, but finally he asked her and she said yes. (Wednesday 1 day before ticket sale closes)There's another like him the group and my friend says yes too. At that time almost everyone in our table had a date, except for me and two others (boy and girl). However, because I have slightly expressed that I'm fine and good with going to the ball without a date, we decided to let the two go together as a date. In the afternoon of school I have fully accepted and happy going to the ball solo as my other friends are going solo as well (but not my really close ones ( my close ones are the ones who got dates)).

I thought that was how the day was going to end, just like normal. Over the days I actually daydreamed of the guy I like asking me to the ball. On that exact Wednesday I had an inkling that his friends were thinking about him saying he will ask me, but I pushed it to the side because I was probably overthinking or most likely daydreaming again (I have a pretty amazing imagination of my life). Usually, I would say hi to him and all when I see him and he sees me. However on that day we didn't have any classes together and we did not pass each other at all. Like, I saw him from afar and I had that same thought again and my rationality kicked it to the side again. Then later one school finished, I caught my bus and went home.

At home, I did my usual things, most of the time reading on my phone or playing games after and during school work and chores. After dinner, I have to wash the dishes, so I usually get my phone to play myself some music, then there I see an Instagram notification saying someone had requested to follow me. It was from my crush, I thought this must be because we communicate more than ever ( we've been going to the same school for almost 4 years and this is the year we actually talk more ( by more I mean we actually greet each other, without having my friends or his friends greet me or him.) I accepted his request immediately and realized he requested to follow me 15 minutes ago, In my head I was like 'I accepted way to fast didn't I? Will he notice?? No people are usually in there phones and get notifications this is fine..' With that thought I played my music and started washing my dishes. As I started washing the dishes my mind drifted off to my crush and my friends getting ball dates and me not having one and being fine with it. Before my first music even finishes, I hear a notification sound (someone messaged me ). I thought my crush must have messaged me and asked me to the ball, I laughed that thought off and kept washing the dishes. I assumed it was just a GC message, because me and my friends sometimes spam our GC with messages or quick questions. Also, countered my wishful thinking with the fact that we never really talk, he asked someone already but he got rejected so he might just go solo or not even go to the ball. Also there's other people he could ask to go to the ball. Then with that logic, I kept myself busy by washing the dishes and just daydreamed about what ifs with my crush and the ball. Then after I washed my dishes and cleaned up, I grabbed my phone and turned off my music. Then went to check on my notifications. As I checked my notifications, I notice I have no message from my GC. Then see my crush's insta account was the one that messaged me! I was like ⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄-⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄щ(゜ロ゜щ)⊙.☉. I check again to make sure I didn't misread. I didn't. He really messaged me(ノ゚0゚)ノ~. Like just a few minutes after I accepted his insta request. He was the one that messaged while I was washing the dishes. This must be something urgent... So I peeked into what he said through the notifications bar, and it said "Hey ______! Would you be keen to..." I was surprised and amazed as to what he may be asking me. Also frustrated that my notifications bar won't let me read all of it, because it's too long.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened insta and my messages. Then I opened his message it said, "Hey ________! Are ya keen to go to ball as friends? Sorry for the late notice" ( Yes it had a bloody laughing smiley embarrassed trying to cool it down emoji) which I didn't notice until later on(╯︵╰,). I read it and thought about what we need to do at the ball together and asked my friends about it very suspiciously. No one answered mee for all the times I needed answers. I went back to his message and decided to say yes. In my head I was like I'll be able to go the ball with the guy I like and we're going as friends. It's perfect. Hence I agreed by saying, "Aww that's fine, sure we can" I also added a laughing face. So I didn't look like I took this too seriously. That's how I got him as my ball date the night before the ticket sale closes.

However, the next day we saw each other we didn't talk much and I felt so shy and confused how to communicate with him. I avoided eye contact most of the time he was close by or pretended not to see him. (Stupid, I know) I tried to make up for it in one of our classes and we did get a chance to talk but I only laughed and smiled at what he said. Then we went to our next class and later school finished.

Then on Friday, I thought about acting like he never asked me and just be like usual. It kinda was like the previous day. However, as I was going to my next class which was with him. I saw him arrive first so I pretended to look at my phone as I walked to class so I can pretend not to see anyone.ミ●﹏☉ミ. Before I opened the entrance to the class department, he called out to me and asked me what I was going to wear for the ball. I waited for him to get closer and said a dress as a joke⊙﹏⊙ we both chuckled I think...or that was just me. We went into the class class department together and so I told him I'd show him my dress ( I had a photo of it) I awkwardly took my phone out from my pocket and walked to the door of the class with him by my side. I showed him the dress and he looked at me straight at the eye for a second then back at the dress and said that's nice and something which I can't fully remember because I had not expected it. Also pretty happy for the compliment even though it was probably just nice.. It sounded sincere so(^_^メ). He said, so I should just get a black suit right? I was like yeah that'd be fine and smiled and so we agreed and went to our seats and started doing school work. Sometime, we accidentally had eye contact and before he asked me to the ball I just pretend not to see him because he's talking to his friends. However, Friday was different he asked me to the ball. So I thought maybe I should smile???. It did not end well...He either did not see me or did what I usually do pretend he didn't see me. Cause he's face remained stoic. Usually, he smiles back. Later school finished. It was night and so i decided to try make conversation with him about our clothes, because I was wondering if he wanted us to be wearing something similar together. Not matchy matchy just something that would put us together. Cause I thought that's what he hinted earlier in the day at school. Turns out he just wanted to make sure we don't get bad mix of colors for our ball. Then I acknowledged it. He ghosted my response and didn't even see see it.

Ok so I know, I should have not expected much because he said as friends but if I was going with someone as friends I would like to know them more or some reassurance from them(⊙_◎). Well, Friday was the last day of term so I won't be seeing him until after two weeks(;;;・_・)

Also, my friend heard his conversation about who he might want to go to the ball with. My friend said that he ( my crush) said he'd like to go with someone he likes or something...
    This gave me like hopes up but like thinking rationally, he asked someone else previously and got annoyed that he couldn't go with her, so she was probably the girl he liked. I really was just a friend? Or like some sort of rebound? I'm now blaming my self for agreeing and being stupid but also congratulating myself for getting a date. Also, now I'm starting to be salty as to him asking me online (ー_ー゛). I need to calm down. This is for my first ever ball btw.

Can someone tell me if I did something stupid? Or am I overthinking this? He already said what he meant right just to go as friends?? Nothing else? I'm both sad and like happy that he asked me to go to the ball but just as friends...

I also have read his first ever message a million times, I realized he asked me so vaguely. Like go to ball as friends? I'm technically going to ball with heaps of people as friends(^~^;)

Another thing, before the ball we have dance lessons at school for the ball, once a week. Previously, I danced with my friend because I didn't have a didn't and my friend didn't either. He danced with the girl he asked first. Now, after the holidays we'll have it again so I'm not sure where I'll stand for the dance practice.

Also, we're covid-19 free so this ball is not dangerous. Keep safe everyone.

imK and mangoberry like this.
  2. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    oho so cute :blobmelt:

3. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    What's this ? Too bittersweet that I'm now felt like being burned by my whole body. Fvack... I'm too old for this... I want to say something realistic but i felt like i hold these youthful naivety to be precious.
    So I'd keep my mouth shut and wishes you good luck kiddo. Just one advice though. Don't get pregnant.

imK, Smilingly, Fulminata and 3 others like this.
  4. Immortal_Meow

Immortal_Meow CEO of novelupdates

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to start somewhere!!!\(≧▽≦)/ maybe he didn’t smile at you because he was nervous!!! Or maybe because he was awkward... keep the hopes up because even if he doesn’t like you now, he will someday!!! Have fun at the ball!!

Smilingly and otaku31 like this.
  5. Immortal_Meow

Immortal_Meow CEO of novelupdates

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah that’s the negative side of things... don’t get your heart broken!!

6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    depends i'd say. either he's treating you as a convenient doormat rebound (which would be shitty) or he just sucks at communicating things (annoying but not bad).
    You mentioned he asked someone else before but got pissy when he got rejected so i'm inclined (as a slightly pessimistic realist) to lean to him choosing you as a convenient rebound. I presume that it is, in some way, possible that he might have heard you liked him through the byzantine connections that are teen school relations and figured he could use you, perhaps in a stupid attempt to make the girl he likes jealous or something?

tl;dr: be skeptical and dont expect anything good. that way, if he is just using you it should, ideally, minimize the damage.

imK, Smilingly and Feng Tian like this.
  7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Some would call it . Fate :sick::blob_coughblood:

Smilingly and otaku31 like this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so basically you goes kyakya ufufufu mode cuz some dream come true~
    go explode riajuu~

that aside~ just enjoy your time with him, regard it as precious memory for future~
    as for continuation you can think it later after the ball

dood this cat feel old~

9. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never trust a homo sapien without a good prior reason. Our species consists of a bunch of dicks.
    Go, enjoy yourself, but keep your expectations low. Best case you get surprised, worst case you saw it coming.
    That being said I hope it will be a great evening.

imK, Smilingly and Sabruness like this.
  10. ughughugh

ughughugh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Destiny or luck? On one hand you could say that each outcome in our lives has a probability and some force guides to one randomly. On the other hand, what if everything can be predicted, but we just don't have calculation abilities. Like how the chemicals in your brain react to one another and outside factors, while the outside factors also going through an already determined chain of events without our control. Do we even have free will!

Smilingly likes this.
  11. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing is truly random in our universe. It is deterministic. The illusion of randomness is created by a lack of information and the inability to calculate. Humanity might be unable to fully comprehend the future due to physical laws even. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, unless overturned, will make sure of that.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    imK, Smilingly and Sabruness like this.
  12. ughughugh

Reading List:
    Link
    That was kind of the point I was talking about in the second part, but I would think that noting is truly calcutable, since there will always be another layer of causes behind every reaction till infinity. And in other words noting can be truly deterministic in that it continues infinitely without any final cause. But then again I'm not even close to an expert on this so who can say.

imK and Smilingly like this.
  13. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Our universe is finite. Any infinite calculations can be approximated sufficiently. But frankly speaking the number of possible combinations of variables is so large that it has no meaning. Effectively this means nothing is random but we can hardly tell in advance. Hence the illusion of randomnes. Heisenberg's is only adding insult to injury as it means some variables are ultimately not meassureable.

14. ughughugh

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, I agree with most of what you're saying, but I'm not sure I would say it with such certainty, since there is no verifiable way to prove the universe is finite.

15. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Just take things slow. Also, keep your family or close friend on speed dial/emergency contact in case something wrong happens.

16. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Second law of thermo dynamics and cosmic background radiation. Our universe is finite but expanding

Smilingly likes this.
  17. ughughugh

Reading List:
    Link
    The observable universe is finite, but what about what's beyond that? How are you defining "universe". Besides I remain hesitant about any assumptions based on theories, since even if they have been proven through the scientific method, noting is 100% verifiable. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't think the universe being finite is a certainty because every few decades new theories and assumptions emerge and it's too soon to base the concept that everything is already determined/probability is solely due to lack of calculating ability on the basis that the universe is finite.

Smilingly likes this.
  18. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Probable beyond reasonable doubt. The cosmic background radation would have to defy known physics for our universe to be infinite. Its not IMPOSSIBLE to be so, but merely extremely unlikely. Our physical world view would completely shatter.

Smilingly likes this.
  19. ughughugh

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, I'm not sure where to take this from here man, take from it what you will.

Smilingly likes this.
  20. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anybody give an abstract? Too long to read.