Spoiler I Don’t Want To Be An Ojakgyo

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Karlysle

Karlysle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually he eventually becomes nice. Shushu and CP became sparring partner and he was defeated mercilessly. He then realizes how arrogant he is and how it came to be his weakness. Then after shushu realizes his ego was wounded she compliments him. Then he saw shushu in a new light and began to respect her. Currently shushu is teaching the cp sword skills

2. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So who did MC ended with?
    I read from somewhere this was a reverse harem, so does in the end all of them gonna be with Shushu or their own partner??
    Since it's still kinda vague, any further detailed explanation?
    Like how each respective ML bond with MC
    I.e (hyili by sparring, cory with club/research)

3. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Your 1st and 2nd question has been answered on the previous page of this thread, your 3rd question however ...I would like to know too

honingzoet likes this.
  4. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I pretty much would like to know the process

5. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    i too want to know the process

6. CatCat19

CatCat19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: more spoiler please:blobcatblush:

7. Knightly Reader

Knightly Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So having read up to ch 34 and not knowing how to use the spoiler button here is a breakdown of the ML candidates.
    1 Crown Prince
    Hyill becomes a good training partner as he has superior physicality and MC has superior magic abilities. They come to an agreement to train each other after MC records his embarrassing confession he made when no one else was around. She uses this recording to make him promise to help her become a first ranked knight. He agrees with the condition that she delete the recordings and train him in magic. She sees him as a younger brother. He also loosens up and wonders if this is what it is like to have an older sister.
    2 Mage Prodigy
    Cory is a magic genius and has been antiquated with the prince since young. He has a scary face but he is very lazy and loves eating sweets and giving them to his friends. MC needed another person to found a magic club and he came looking for her when he heard in passing that MC is Hestia’s ideal type and thought she would be a guy (note Cory was only interested in Hestia because her hair was the color of candy. Sadly Hestia always ran away because of his scary face). MC sees how people respond to his face and gets him to join her club saying that there were few people and little work. He shows up with a strawberry blanket and takes over the couch. He does get interested once she starts working and takes a liking to her. He start visiting her class during lunch and brings treats. At some point Hestia stopped running away but they are not close. Once he asked why MC was so obsessed with money and she gets depressed remembering her past life so he wraps her up in his blanket and pats her back. He then puts her on the couch and lets her sleep. After this she gives him a tool that helps regulate manna and he sees her inscription and asked if she is the new magic creator that he has been following and is a huge fanboy of. She was surprised that he knew of her work because she had been trying to keep a low profile but trust him enough to tell him the truth. He then mumbles he must have used up a whole life's worth of luck to meat her. They become closer after this and he starts some subtle skin ship included but not limited to one hug, feeding her by hand, and that one time where he saw her sleeping and couldn't help but braid her hair.

Quick note on how awesome this MC is! The club project she comes up with is to make a miniature habitat and then capture monsters, miniaturize them, put them in the habitat and watch their patterns to better fight them. MC and ML cannonades 1 and 2 do a monster hunting expedition for a mid-term and absolutely dominate with the new magic MC and Cory have created. After the mid term everyone is on break and the MC finds out that her mom has spent all the emergency money and put them into so much debt that they would have lost the house if not for the money the MC had made fixing magical devices. So she guilt trips her mom onto returning most of the stuff and then plans to spend her vacation earning more money and educating her parents on the real world consequences of getting into debt. But then real world consequences show up in the form of the 3rd ML candidate.

3 Heir to a Merchant Group That is Secretly an Underworld Mafia (no not joking)
    Yevs is her senior in school and had been selling Cory things that her alter ego had been making. He calls her in as her Adult alter ego to sign a contract with his company. He refuses and before she can leave he blocks the door and drops the mask to become a cold, calculative, and scary. So she beats him up and nearly stabs him in the neck with his own hair pin before he tells her that response was a little much for a kabedon (that thing where you trap someone against a wall). She then sits down and hears him out. He explains that his dad is the head of an underworld organization and that if she signs the contract he originally offered she will be tied to the organization for life via a magical brand that is transferred to everyone in the organization and that administers poison for anyone who betrays the organization. His own mark activates because he told her about the organization and he takes an antidote but is still in a lot of pain and he begs MC to help him. After the pain subsides he tells her that other underworld organizations have their eyes on her and are mad at her for the work she has been doing. His dad first herd about her when she helped a shop rebound that the dad had hoped to take over. He makes it clear that is she leaves without signing any contract that she and her family will be in danger and his dad would cut off all request for her. He suggested instead that she should sign a contract with him. MC asked to have a few days to think it over but eventually signed as she realized Yevs had been keeping more trouble away from her. She decided to go all in helping him and eventually got used to being around him. He reviled he was gathering information to take his own father down and send him to prison. His only goal was to dismantle the underworld organization. One day they were spying on one of the higher ups and the MC had to cause a distraction in a club. She demanded higher pay because she was about to do something embarrassing. She did strange dances on stage while Yevs completed his mission. She fell off the stage she was on and hurt her foot so Yevs carried her out and to her surprise he started laughing. He even said he was troubled because he did not know how to stop thinking about it. He caries her on his back a long way and even bought her food. MC tried to share it with him but he just insisted that she should eat more when she is young. MC finds his back very comfortable and safe. Eventually he reaches a part of town where he can call her a carriage. He puts her down and takes care of her foot calls the carriage and puts her inside telling her that she does not suit underworld work. He says that she should reject it next time there is a request and he would take care of everything. She shows up the next day and tells him she will stay with him until he reaches his goal. They grow closer as they work together and she starts making him eat better. Initially he refuses saying that the only time people are nice to him is when they are scared of him or they are perverts. He ask if she is a pervert and she reminds him of how nice he has been to her and that he is the best boss ever so she needs to keep him healthy, he can not refute. Long story short they get into a gift war where she makes him lunch and he repays her kindness twice over and brings her really expensive food. Things go well for a while and he ask her to do one more covert mission and then he will have fulfilled his goal. Then things take a turn as two higher ups call for him. He rushes them out of the room and tells her to lock the door and not leave until he returns. He returns after a long time looking very tired. He ask for a hug and hugs MC tightly. It was only later the MC noticed two of his fingers had been broken.

The day comes when they start the final covert mission and the MC uses one of Cory's magic stones to change her appearance to that of a 7-8 year old kid (she accidentally turned her self into her old self's looks) and goes to look for Yevs. On the way she sees Cory and Hyill and remembers that she promised to meet with them that day. She introduces herself as someone who works for sister Shushu and tells them not to wait. Hyill goes ahead and Cory recognizes her and tells her not to do something dangerous.

And that is where ch 34 ends.

8. Knightly Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I never could find a free version of the raw but if anyone wants to share a link or send a google dock I will MTL and put summaries of chapters up here.

9. Vidhya Dev

Vidhya Dev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML of the main story is Swanharden Blanche . The heir of the venerable Duke Blanche Family
    He is White Wizard & skilled swordmanship

Jukki, AnnHime, rhymeep and 2 others like this.
  10. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it. Who did the MC end up with? I'm really confused with the spoilers in the first page. Sorry, need a bit more clarification :sweating_profusely::blobconfused:

11. Manna Ann

Manna Ann Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    right now i'm torn between cory and yves.. hyli is more to friend than lover for me. in the wattpad novel translation havent introduce swan yet, i cant wait :aww:

12. PleaseSaveMeTomorrow

PleaseSaveMeTomorrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure its an open ending where she could end up with anyone, but Sean-Hayden is the most prominent ML. This may not be correct, I just read it from somewhere else. Also, can anyone else not access the Wattpad translations anymore?:blobconfused:

13. ernstnxx

ernstnxx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator said that someone reported it and the story got taken down

2_Zen_Owls likes this.
  14. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    As mentioned by dahlhoney on post no.6 of this thread, technically MC ends up with all the MLs, individually, in their own endings. Aka the story is branched off into 4 separate endings.

15. PrincessBubblegum

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that's why I'm confused, you're saying that the story is written got branched into 4 endings. I would be fine if I'm just told she ends up with everyone but it doesn't make sense how it ends with 4 separate endings. It would make sense if the other guys (who doesn't end up with the MC) would have a different ending (like pairing with someone else or end up alone) hence a separate ending. So I don't understand how the story would seperate into 4 endings, unless it's an otome or some interactive story game. But this is a novel, one plot comes with one ending. I'm not asking for a repetition, I'm asking a specific explanation on how this is plot has seperate endings with different MLS but with the MC. Hence a clarification, I needed a further explanation on it. (Basically more spoliers, specific ones may help)

16. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Ironic how you weren't being specific yourself in the first place I may have said that, but I was just repeating what was said by others on the thread since it appears people can't seem to bother reading the first page of the thread. Having a reverse harem novel split off into multiple endings isn't some alien concept; it's been done before, though idk if they've been translated (have seen a few like that on syosetu). Take Inso's Law for example, it has 2 endings although the author said one of it was the main route.

But anyway if that was what you meant by asking for clarification then I don't understand why you were quoting someone who was agreeing with another person asking for further detailed spoilers.

ErryChu, ValReads, honingzoet and 2 others like this.
  17. PrincessBubblegum

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry I'm not clear enough if with what I'm asking for. I've always read spoiler threads from the first to the recent page since you can't filter to the spoilers only. I didn't understand the spoiler on the first page and I think that's why people are asking again even though the question has been answered. I don't understand what is not clear about asking for a clarification when it means that it asking for further explanation or more details to provide a clear or better understanding. I never said that multiple endings is an unheard concept, I just want to understand how the story got multiple endings. I have heard of stories with multiple endings but the reverse harem stories I've read is that they end up one guy or all of the guys. Also Inso's law may have 2 endings, but I've read on the spoilers that she'll end up with one of guys she's friends with. I was just saying how I understand how multiple endings can happen which to my understanding is through interactive and otome games. Also I quoted that because since the questions has been answered I wanted to understand the answers because I was confused hence asking for clarification.

Knightly Reader likes this.
  18. PrincessBubblegum

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't expect you to be defensive. When I replied I was simply explaining why I am confused and asking for further spoilers to explain this. You say I wasn't being clear but at least I explained what it is I'm asking for when I replied to you. It's fine if you can't explain it to me or you don't have any spoilers to give. I respect that, (not many people can access the raw novels or the linguistics skills to read it) and I'll wait for someone who hopefully can :aww:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  19. Knightly Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok as I have never read a book with multiple endings before lets that I got this right...
    What I know from the spoilers:
    The novel is actually structured like it is a dating sim. Meaning that instead of just being in the world of a dating sim (with the characters crying about flags and routes and such but eventually settling down with one guy.) the novel actually has alternate endings where they show the MC ending up with each guy. Furthermore, none of these endings are a harem ending where she ends up with all of the guys.
    Ways I see this playing out:
    1. (The MC centric way)The novel has a complete story that wraps everything up except for who the MC dates and it ends with an open-ended "I haven't dated yet but have not ruled out any of my options". Then side stories come out each featuring the MC pairing with one ML candidates. In short (Introducing each ML candidate separately, building up to some problem, MC resolves some problem with help with all the ML candidates and then addressing what her future would be if she chose ML1, ML2, etc.
    2. (The ML centric way.)The novel comes to an end without the MC falling in love with anyone and then side story come out each with a ML candidate as the primary perspective and we get to see each one fall in love with her and how they pursue her. Each side story then deviates from the original ending by having the MC fall for the ML whose perspective we are following during this side story.
    3. (The weird way) The prince is a brotherly figure and he keeps journal entries/files on the MC dating partners. The alternate endings are shown to us through his perspective as he investigates, monitors, and eventually excepts each ML as suitable to take care of the MC.
    My thoughts and Questions:
    Oh, thank the Lord there are alternate endings! I fell for each ML hard (excluding the prince.). They were all so adorable and now I want plushie versions... Anyway, I did not peg the prince as a romantic interest but as I mentioned in option 3 I would be interested in seeing the MC start dating from his perspective as a brother figure.
    1. How are these alternate endings portrayed?
    2. Is anyone interested in writing fanfiction versions using setups 1-3? {ps. I am too busy/lazy to write this myself but if you guys do want to write fanfiction using the settings to mentioned above please link them in this thread!}

ErryChu, Opelia, Jouj and 12 others like this.
  20. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link