LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
  2. ShadsterWolf

ShadsterWolf [ God Grid's Apostle ]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even if he survives the trials hes just going to get killed by Agnes when he gets back lol. also i feel like Baek is going to join Valhalla to keep an eye on Seol now, only question is when does she reveal shes his ex

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  4. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking Baek's going to go have a throwdown with Gula over putting Seol in this situation. From what we read, Baek has purposefully avoided becoming an executor and used the Divine Stigmata(although that might be just to reduce the difficulty of the trial she faced). Also Cinzia is hinting at the fact that Baek is able to go meet Seol in the trials (well I assume this since she's saying only 1 person can go see Seol right now.)

Not that any of this matters since Claire is going to execute Seol the second he reappears. And Seol will die not understanding why since this was probably supposed to be an honest heartfelt gift and not a prank.

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  5. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Baek didn’t use the Stigmata to reduce the difficulty of the trials, the trials are how you get power from it. She used the Stigmata and voluntarily reduced the benefits she would get after Gula warning her of the risks of getting nothing if she failed. So instead of doing 2 or 3, she did only 1 and got less power than she would otherwise, since the risk of failing and getting nothing would be too big otherwise.

She basically substituted the power of an Executor with the power of the Stigmata, and I would guess that’s because she wanted to be free enough to drop Paradise when she felt like it without having to answer to any God.

6. ShadsterWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I am excited for the training arc coming up..!
    I really want Soel to learn the class skills it would give him more options in fights.

7. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn i cant wait for the next chapter!

8. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, however somewhere in the thread is what happens to Parasite Queen and Paradise, who comes to Paradise and what Seol does after all is done.

I felt genuine happiness when the lilac teddy appeared again.

lunarshadow and tkato like this.
  9. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what made this time so great is Cinzia's response to seeing the gift and the fact that im pretty sure this time Seol did it purely out of good intentions as a thank you for Agnes's help lmao. i hope at some point it gets brought up in front of Baek Haeju when shes with Seol and she learns she basically trained her ex boyfriend to give all girls romantic signals such as gifting all women lingerie lmao. because then we get to see her reaction to him basically flirting in front of her and Agnes or whoever elses reaction to finding out it really isnt his fault that hes like this and its actually her fault lol. i think a Yuhui vs. Baek fight is going to happen at some point as well and i cant wait to watch it go down

10. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally. I've been hoping future Jihu would show up some day and beat some sense into current seol.

I think old seol may have become softer after death, watching the current seol not make the same mistakes he did, patching things up with his family...and then infuriated at him not making the most of his opportunities, and complaining about stuff that's probably trivial to a red stamp. He's not as aggro as he was in his visions though that could just be because on Yun Seohui. Seeing as how he refers to baek as baek...guess she never revealed her true identity to him...

11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think he knows who she is though. i thought he was just calling her that so current Seol didnt find out who she was, kinda how the lil chick commented about her wearing a mask but didnt tell Seol what he meant.
    i took this as it meaning her having done everything for him when they were dating, because it seemed like shes been around too little in paradise for him to just be talking about her as "Baek Haeju". im happy how this developed though because i wasnt a huge fan of him just sitting back and letting her handle most the work. also i just dont really like Baek as a character because everytime shes around Seol she decides everything for him and he just goes along with it for no real reason because at this point its not like he even knows who she is

12. ShadsterWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking abt the possible new class which MIGHT be introduced if Temperance is revived..
    I think it will be a defensive role class I guess..
    I mean that's the only thing left out ryt..
    Warriors, Healers, Archers, Mages...
    The only thing left out is a full on defensive character..
    Well, even warriors can use shield and priests can cast barriers tho.
    But for example if u compare a swordsman who can use magic to supplement his sword isn't as powerful as a Mage ryt..
    So I guess there will be a Tanker class.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  13. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought Red Mark Jihu was going to be an asshole given how he acted in the flashbacks, but he ended up being quite a nice guy. I guess Jihu is still himself even if he was forged through iron and blood instead of being raised with a silver spoon. I burst out laughing with him saying he would've banged every girl that had opened their legs to him instead of acting like a dense protagonist.

lunarshadow and tkato like this.
  14. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe. seeing as how he knew her weaknesses I assumed they knew each other well in the other timeline.

Baek is a snowplow parent. Yuhui may spoil him, but she also tries to make him stronger. Baek's worried about his mind breaking, but this guy survived maldong's training. He'll probably be fine...Old Seol will probably keep provoking him whenever he feels like giving up. Carrot and stick.

Red Seol is basically the opposite of a Gold Seol fanboy (those who kept going on and on about how he doesn't need to go back to earth and blah blah). He's my spirit animal :blobpopcorn_cool:

15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats true too, its probably a combination of both tbh.
    ya probably, idk this training arc is weird i have mixed feelings when a mc has years of training that arent actually years and how it doesnt break their mind. im at least hoping he comes out of this experience a little more like his past self and more assertive. especially the part about how he would have already hooked up with all the girls lol, Seol could learn a thing or two from his past self

16. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Like Goku in DBZ. His full memories of the past would be nice...just the way Red Seol is talking, it feels like a farewell may be coming up. He had been waiting all this time to meet face to face with this Seol that he had a major part in creating. Gold Seol doesn't need future vision training wheels anymore.

17. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. We know that Jihu's childish behavior is due to the fact he had to mature faster and didn't get enough affection from his parents as a kid. Yuhui spoils Jihu by giving him the motherly love that he lacks, but she doesn't try to interfere with his decisions. Remember that Yuhui was the leader of one of the biggest organizations in Paradise, but despite that, she never went around telling Jihu what to do. Meanwhile, Baek (Who is pretty much confirmed to be Seonhwa at this point) is a snowplow parent like you said. She likes to decide everything for Jihu and prevent him from doing anything dangerous. Something I found interesting too is how Red Mark Jihu blames himself for Gold Mark Jihu being like that. Jihu was supposed to suffer a lot in his previous life, but he also was supposed to become more mature due to that.

18. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    In that context I think Red Mark Jihu is talking about Gold Mark Jihu’s skills. Red Mark Jihu didn’t really do anything other than save Gold Mark Jihu’s ass when needed and that talk about “furthering his growth” and mentioning unbalance implies all those skills that immediately jump from low to intermediate when created were his doing and he knows Jihu working from the ground up on those skills would have been better.

Also hoping Gold Mark Jihu learns a few things from Red Mark Jihu and becomes more assertive.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  19. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Red Mark Jihu's just been watching this boy trying to catch the stars when he can't even walk properly :blobrofl:

But yeah, I think RM Jihu is being fairly nice all things considered. Its just like thinking about how stupid you were when you were younger, except you're able to talk to yourself.

Lets just all hope Gold Mark Jihu is at least a little more grown up after this arc

20. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't the harmony thing till this day only explained as Seol having a too high mana stat compared to his other stats? That was what his body training was for all the time.
    Honestly I wouldn't trust Jang Maldong too much. He once said that as long as doesn't have the harmony his limits would be at the high rank stage and at the unique rank if he was a magican. He is already a Unique ranker without achieving harmony or becoming a mage. Like Black Seol said, Jang Maldong talks about things he doesn't know about. It's just some fantasy story.
    I don't think so. This should be around the 100th time that he has to get a character growth to achieve something. It's happening like 2 times per arc. Some chapters later people will probably tell him that he needs to grow up and he will get some determination status again