Spoiler The Careful Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Pearl1995, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Akimashta

Akimashta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like people are really going overboard? Sure, I agree the red dragon should've been nicer and not kill the family and all but keeping in mind his personality, it would've made no sense for him to not kill her family, plus, if Mir didn't get to live in the palace from such a young age she wouldn't have developed the desire to kill the emperor and all her revenge.

I get y'all being angry at the emperor and empress but they literally just strike me as a couple of partners in crime that really just want the same thing. Emperor wants to die because he is tired of the pain and of living eternally and saw his race get extinguished. Empress feels pity for the Emperor and wants him to die to find his peace as he did with her, or that id what I'm getting so far.

I also think the Emperor killed Lady Yurian (Knight) because he thought Mir was going to be happy to see the one who killed her dead. Of course, I'm not saying this excuses his behaviour, but it explains what he is thinking, for example, he was really surprised when Mir tried to kill him after he killed her family, he was not expecting her to be angry about it, or at least angry in a way of "You killed my family", he must've been expecting something amongst the lines of "You killed my prey, therefore you stepped on my pride and deserve to die". I feel like the red dragon believed if he let the family live, MC would become close to them and forgive them, which is why he chose to kill the family, not really expecting MC to be so close to them yet.

Y'all are also on-board with the BlondiexMir ship and I can totally tell Klaus is going to be such a bad person that will make us forgive the red dragon one way or another, you all hate the empress and emperor for their schemes? Please don't lie and say you haven't deduced blondie has a friking big scheme in his hand and our MC is just a puppet to him.

I don't ship any of the guys with the MC because I feel she is too pure and just wants to have familial and platonic love in her life, but yeah, off you go with your ships, I support as long as you don't curse somebody else for shipping something you don't approve of.

2. Pearl1995

Pearl1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We all got different sense of morality, so our level of tolerance will be different.

This has nothing to do with shiping and I actually don't see a lot of people focusing on romance in this thread.
    Yes, I don't want him as ML because I find him unredeemable as ML. If he is simply a character used as plot device, then fine. But it would make no sense if the author tries to develop romantic relationship between the 2 later on. He literally put her through 7 years of mental anguish and hatred for him, it's kinda hard to flip that around.

I don't pity him because he didn't only kill Mir's parents but many innocent people. Civilians, noble families, his 5 Queen consorts.
    Yes, he was betrayed. But he was the one going on a rampage, killing innocents and hurting God's favourite child, causing him to be cursed.
    Him not being able to die despite being in pain and covered in injuries is his retribution for thinking that it was okay to make hundreds of people be responsible for 1 person's action. Even after becoming human, he continues killing.
    So no, I personally don't sympathise with him.
    And no, I don't think it's okay for him and his empress to manipulate Mir for their own gain.
    Also, seeing what those two are willing to do and sacrifice to get what they want, I don't think they would make good rulers either. I can see them valuing their personal gains more than public's interests.

But you've got your opinion and I've got mine. Just don't assume that we all got shipping goggles on just because we dislike a character.

3. Akimashta

Akimashta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see... I apologize because I misunderstood what people were angry about. I agree with the fact that all he is doing is not redeemable or acceptable and that he is not fit to be a ruler, but I thought people were getting angry because they didn't understand his character, that's it./

4. Pearl1995

Reading List:
    Link
    Mir sits on her throne and tells Azar to bring her the Permado sword as promised.

Azar replies that their first night is coming so he has to pass the night safely first.
    He calls the wedding to an end then tells Mir to get ready for their first night before walking off.

Mir got ready then goes to Azar's chamber. He locks the door and tells her he's been waiting for this his whole life.
    Mir replies "So do I, I have also been waiting for this night"

Mir pushes herself away from Azar and goes looking for Permado. She notices the sword is by his bedside so she comments "seems to be well kept"

Azar garbs the sword and says "You wanted it. Take it, it's yours"

Mir tells him his dirty hands are touching a Warrior's keepsake and takes the sword from him.

Mir thinks that she shouldn't dirty the sword with a dirty blood and a dagger is good enough for Azar.

Mir tells Azar she will carry the sword after tonight as per their promise.

Now that Mir has Permado safely within her grasp she hopes Azar would quietly falls asleep (so she can kill him with a dagger)

Mir tells Azar ".. For 7 years
    I've been thinking a lot. You killing my parents and why was it me?"

Azar opens up his shirt and tells her "Nobody will stop you here! Come on! Do as you like"
    Mir wonders why he wants her to kill him, wondering if this is a trap and what his real motive is.

Mir says to Azar "You are willing to die, Azar" while noticing he made himself unguard.

Mir continues saying that a lot people wanted her to take his head and she had fun imagining his eyes looking at her in fear. The riches that come with the position Queen isn't so bad so she taunts him to come spend the night with her and just leave her to her own disposal.

Azar panics and says "don't say something crazy! Didnt you want to kill me? I even gave you the Permado sword, so what are you saying now!"

Azar pushes Mir down and yells at her "Are you going to ruin my plan just like this? !"

Azar tells Mir to go grab the sword. Mir wonders why he is being so rough all of sudden as his grips start to hurt her.

Mir is trying to reach her dagger.

"This is crazy.. I will do as you wish" (Unsure who said this line).

There a slash sound and Mir's face and hands are covered in blood

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Minaeli, Aireenluna, Elphin and 4 others like this.
  5. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, the guy deserves to die and all but it really does leave a bad taste in my mouth that all of this is just Mir going along with whatever their whims are. Like others have said, his best punishment will be remaining to live because while its unbearable, he clearly just wants to die. Ain't no reason for Mir to listen when just being alive is making the guy suffer

6. Trihere

Trihere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually want him to redeem himself and make ties with someone outside Mir and the Queen so he'd feel bad about killing all those humans but...let's see how it'll play out.
    Imma hope he aint dead yet 'cause that would be veeery anti climatic unless the author introduces a new plot point over his death (?)

7. Pearl1995

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he's dead, I think Mir slashed him with a dagger the pink haired lady gave her in previous chapter.
    Azar can't be killed with a regular weapon. According to the prophecy, he can only be killed with Permado and it has to be wielded by the child of prophecy (which the empress thinks is Mir)

Furiae19, bochucha and Trihere like this.
  8. thttt

thttt New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same, she just got caught up in this mess. She was such a pure soul even when she was a dragon, she didn't kill Yurian(Mir's Mother) and felt that maybe it was an opportunity to have a friend. (Or maybe that was because of the lack of social interaction) Don't get me wrong, when she was still a dragon she probably killed many, probably those who tried to kill her. At least she didn't hold it against all humans, only those who came after her. When she became Yurian's daughter, she tried to kill Yurian(From the conversation between her and the godly being, I think it was because of her pride and how it wasn't a fair fight), she developed, she forgave Yurian for killing her. After seeing that Yurian at least cared for the White Dragon(her), she thought that it was enough that at least one person cared and mourned for her. White Dragon truly was lonely even when she is the most powerful dragon (ಥ﹏ಥ)... (Sorry I thought maybe she should be given more attention..)

9. comeetomama

comeetomama half emo girl from hell because angels sucks

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened at the chapter 21? I think mir understood their goal because she looks so badass in the end of the chapter. she grabs emperors hair and laughs like crazy.

bochucha likes this.
  10. Pearl1995

Reading List:
    Link
    She basically told him she hasn't forgiven him. Told him to pray everyday of his life.. to beg for her to end him. To try to change her mind.

She then added as a tounge in cheek question "Then.. When I get too old and die, how would you bother me (to kill you)

I'll post a full chapter tomorrow.. I have it 85% MTL'd (but I'm too drunk to finish it tonight) :rolleyes::confused::sick:

11. Pearl1995

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTL'd this chapter BTW (with help clarifying some parts from my Korean friend :whistle:

Azar rolls off of Mir. She did indeed stab him with a dagger.

Mir: "it's over.."
    Azar: "Ugh"

Azar grabs Pamado and gets in Mir's face then yells "I told you to stab me with the Pemado!"

Mir "Nonsense! He's been struck deep within the heart, so how [is he still alive]?! '

Azar: "Did you try to kill me with that trivial dagger? I won't die from it.
    My breath can only be ended.... By the Pamado!"

Mir: "What you talking about? The Pamado?"

Azar: "The only immortal sword capable of killing dragons.."

Mir "That won't work! Besides the White Dragon, the other Dragons have died a long time ago!! (I think she is saying it won't work because he's not a dragon)"

Azar "Okay...I know my shell is now human. This immortality is awesome but should come to an end. And only you, Mir, can do it.
    It's said that the only one who can end this endless life is you, Mir.
    If I marry the Queen who killed the last dragon, she will then kill the King with Pamado.
    So now! Kill me here with this sword!"

Mir: "You wish to die. The reason the Knight died! I barely died..!."

"... Die. Then just die! !" Mir unsheaths the sword.

Azar seems dumbstruck at the rusts on the sword and mumbles" What.. What? Pamado. Why?.. "

*cuts to next scene

Mir and Azar come barging in on Empress. Mir is holding the sword.

Mir says "Permado killing Azar, you saw it?! A false prophecy to avoid being caught. Is that why you asked me to kill Azar?
    The prophecy can't be wrong or else you'd die. The Knight died because of your word! "

Empress "No! Mir thinks the prophey may not be right... But I clearly saw it!"

Azar: " Then explain.. How come a fine sword has become rusted! "

Azar grabs the sword from Mir and unsheaths it. The sword shines.

"How come it's rusted..? Uhh.... "

Empress "I could hear the sword. If someone [while wielding this sword] has bigger desire than to bring harm, the sword will not allow it. I told you, Sire. Mir's heart has soften from revenge."

Empress has a flashback to when she overlooked Mir's training through a window when Mir was young.

Empress: "I tried to offer several options (ie. suggesting Azar to make cherry cakes for Mir to please her/get her on their side)...Mir is still unqualified. I thought you couldn't do it.
    After Mir's family was killed that day, the future has become uncleared.
    I believed that if everyone keeps trying, things will get better- I'm sorry"

Mir interrupts the empress: "Now, what are you talking about? Then.. Am I to kill Azar?
    Azar, your life depends on me, is that it? What are your thoughts Azar? Can I forgive you?"

Azar: "Do you know how hard I worked to make you happy? I tried..!! "

Mir: "Fuck it. Pray to me! Beg me to kill you Azar! Then, I'll think again. Your road to [earning] forgiveness is long.. [beg] until I'm old, will you bother me until I die"

So.. If the prophecy says "the one who killed the last dragon while wielding pamado sword will kill the Emperor", then.. shouldn't he have married the Knight instead of Mir?? Because the Knight killed Mir, who was the last dragon.

I'm confused.. :blobjoy::blobsweat:

Maybe the reason why Empress' vision became unclear the day the Knight died was because the Knight is the child of prophecy? :hmm::sweating_profusely:

The prophecy is now deemed invalid because the child of prophecy died, so the vision became invisible.

I knew Empress was manipulative. To make her vision come true, she advised Azar and everyone in the palace to treat Mir well, then have Azar marry Mir on her parents' Death Anniversary. Mir would then feel betrayed and be reminded that she's living with her enemy and regain her killing intent again to kill Azar once and for all.

Since Azar wants to die, Mir won't be able to kill him with pamado because that would be fulfilling his wish. Her hatred for him is too great that she would rather have him beg her everyday of his life and continue to suffer than be killed off like he wishes.

If she ever forgive him and start caring for him, then her intent to kill him would be stronger because she would want his suffering to end (through death)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    JimmyFalcon, Minaeli, Jukki and 7 others like this.
  12. comeetomama

Reading List:
    Link
    dude really thank you. İ HATE FUCKİNG EMPRESS AND AZAR İ WİSH MİR WONT KİLL HİM. JUST KNEE AND BEG FOR İT YOU FUCKİNG JERK. MİR SHOULD KİLL EMPRESS AND WATCH AZAR WHİLE HE İS BEGGİNG FOR HER TO KİLL HİM. AHHHH THİS İS SO DAMN FRUSHARİNG (ım so sory for grammer mistakes lol. im just so angry)

SkeletoNQueeN06 and Pearl1995 like this.
  13. SkeletoNQueeN06

SkeletoNQueeN06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. The spoiler makes me hate Mir and the Emperor all over again. Thanks for the spoilers btw. *sigh* what was I thinking when reading this manhua? Now I'm frustrated at 5 am and I can't sleep anymore because I'm too hung up on the fact that Mir will MAYBE NOT want to kill the fucking Emperor! *sigh*

Aireenluna and Pearl1995 like this.
  14. Pearl1995

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody feel like life is kicking you in the butt? Initially I wasn't gonna MTL this chapter but I need the distraction.. So here we are!!
    Azar: Mir!! Isn't revenge against me what you want? Then stay by my side.. Even if you play around [with me] for your whole life... stay here...

*cuts to next scene

Blonde dude: Has it been done? A long time has passed..

Black Hair dude: Yes, shall we go?

Blondie: Well..?

Mir walks in

"Mir! You came back when it's daylight. So has it been done? Are you okay?"

Mir: I didn't kill him..
    Azar can't be killed. Him not ageing...That rumour is true.

Blondie: The dragon emperor? This nonsense, stop it..

Mir: What I have done so far means nothing. I've been living only for the day to kill Azar!!

Blondie: You leaving him alive, in a way is the best revenge. You can go into hiding forever.

Mir: I don't know what is the best choice. Even if I leave the Palace, will they just forget?

Blondie: You have done enough. Give me some time to get organised.

Black Hair: My lady, your time here has not been in vain. You've got me here. Last night was wrong timing, it was scary while waiting [for your return]. Thank you for coming back safely.
    I will head back now. Take a rest. I will come back later.

Mir: It's in vain...

Pink hair: Master, I hope Mir will be okay.

Blondie: It must have been confusing/overwhelming.

Pink hair: But the vengeance still remains. There's been no difference.

Leela sees Blonde Chef

Blondie: Hmm? Why are you stopping all of sudden Leela?

Leela: Surely..

Blonde Chef: The eggs are not sufficient. I will go get it.
    There's another thing I need, no?
    Then I..

Leela walks up from behind and pulls the chef's arm

Chef: Who?!?

Leela: Why are you here?
    ..Cain.

*Cuts to Mir

Mir: Azar, why do you want to die when you yourself have finished off so many lives!!
    ... Knight, what choice do you want me to choose?

There is a knock at the door

Mir: Who is it?

Azar: Wake up! Mir! Mir! I came to see you!

Mir: Azar?

Mir comes out to see drunken Azar sitting on the ground hoding a bottle of alcohol.

Azar: Alas. You're still there, Mir.

Mir: Ugh, the smell of alcohol. What are you doing here?
    Do not creat a scene, go back.

Azar grabs Mir hand while he continues sitting on the floor.

Azar: Before you're going to leave me... one day.

Just one day.. Stay with me, won't you?

15. Aireenluna

Aireenluna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a cliffhanger I'd say. Just what I've been thinking to read this tragedy? Need a clorox rite now to brainwash this ridiculousness.

kawaii12345 likes this.
  16. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agreed but I had to get away from this after she formed a bond of affection with the knight. In her position, if Azar hadn't of done it, I would have killed her myself.

17. Snarkywife

Snarkywife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel horrible for the red dragon. He was betrayed by the only human He liked/loved in friendship, saw pieces of his body that he gave to this friend, being used by everyone else, in anger and sadness he kills the ones with his body parts, gets cursed while he is in anguish, and the goddess expected him to forgive? He’s lived all this time, unable to die and release his torment. Are readers expecting him to act human, when he is not?

Elisee and Rose Nightingale like this.
  18. comeetomama

Reading List:
    Link
    BULLSHIT I NEVER SAW A SCENE AS RIDDICULUS AS THIS BEFORE. YOU SAY STAY WITH ME GO FUCKING HELL AHHHHHHH IM DONE THIS THIS TOO FRUSTIRING I JUST WANNA SEE HIM SUFFER. YOU SUFFERED I GET IT AND YOUR FRIEND BETRAYED YOU BUT IT DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU CAN KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE AND WANT A PEACEFUL DEAD. JUST DONT DIE. SUFFER.

KNEEL AND BEG AND BEG AGAIN TILL MIR GETS OLD.

19. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mir went through the same shit yet she was able to forgive and live happily until he shish kebabd her parents

There comes a time when he has to stop being a little bitch and using his past to jusrify his actions In the present. O wait he had a sad backstory? Boo hoo. Hes giving sad backstorya to other people. The queens he killed. Mirs parents and god knows who else

All he had to do was not kill inncoent people. How hard is that supposed to be.

And maybe hed have gotten his wish

He has no excuse. Mir should let him live in pain and just gtfo and go on adventures

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  20. comeetomama

Reading List:
    Link
    i definetelly agree with u. Mir should leave him behind and go to advantures. She shoul be happy and Azar can live a loonnnnnnng painful life with his bitch empress

Furiae19, Peachiii and Jukki like this.